NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Morning all. I will be watch both trial and hearing from school.....distracted myself with homework over the weekend and I feel stronger. And sleepier.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cherry I would think HLN will try to pick it up. Not sure how quick it will be though. I know last time there wasn't much warning when it started.

Do you know a time?

*UGH* Edited by me....I WAS reading it wrong!

BTW, 10:30 am tomorrow is hearing.

11:10 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Just saw baliff take in a piece of evidence into jury room #levichavez. no one else in courtroom, no families

11:19 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
another knock at jury door, means they need something or have a question #levichavez

11:22 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Baliff went into jury room, came out but nothing announced in open court #levichavez

Okay, this is way off topic but I have to say this is a good part of why people don't trust big business or big media:

NEW YORK (AP) — Twinkies are back, but they may be a bit smaller than you remember.

The new owners of Hostess have leaner operating costs now that they're no longer using unionized workers. It turns out the spongy yellow cakes may also be a little smaller than the last Twinkies people remember eating.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/15/twinkies-release-smaller/2517709/

One or both think people don't remember that the reason for the bankruptcy (so said Hostess' hedge fund owners) was because union workers wouldn't take all kinds of pay and benefit cuts so they could stay in business.

Now Twinkies are smaller because non-union workers cost them more?! Who is fibbing to us and why?

Stuff like this really and honestly irks me to no end, I don't mind one less bite of a Twinkie but for goodness sake tell the truth, people. We know greed overshadows every decision you make, man up and admit it. And stop helping them lie to us, Big Media.

Okay, rant done, back on Verdict Watch.

11:36 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Jurors just left the jury room, courtroom. don't know why #levichavez

11:44 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Just learned it's a break for the jury #levichavez

11:51 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Jury walking back into their room #levichavez

Okay, this is way off topic but I have to say this is a good part of why people don't trust big business or big media:

NEW YORK (AP) — Twinkies are back, but they may be a bit smaller than you remember.

The new owners of Hostess have leaner operating costs now that they're no longer using unionized workers. It turns out the spongy yellow cakes may also be a little smaller than the last Twinkies people remember eating.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/15/twinkies-release-smaller/2517709/

One or both think people don't remember that the reason for the bankruptcy (so said Hostess' hedge fund owners) was because union workers wouldn't take all kinds of pay and benefit cuts so they could stay in business.

Now Twinkies are smaller because non-union workers cost them more?! Who is fibbing to us and why?

Stuff like this really and honestly irks me to no end, I don't mind one less bite of a Twinkie but for goodness sake tell the truth, people. We know greed overshadows every decision you make, man up and admit it. And stop helping them lie to us, Big Media.

Okay, rant done, back on Verdict Watch.

I don't have much respect for Hostess or there company!

My DIL father worked for one of the companys that was associated with Hostess. Anyway he was going to retire when they went bankrupt and lost almost all of his benefits. Then he was basically forced into retirement months before SS age requirement.

That is my :twocents:

Jury deliberations begin in Chavez trial
By Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writer on Mon, Jul 15, 2013
POSTED: 10:04 am

BERNALILLO—Prosecutors this morning loaded several large boxes of case files into the back of a gray SUV and drove slowly out of the parking lot outside the state District courthouse here.

It was a clear sign that there’s nothing left to say in the murder case of former Albuquerque police officer Levi Chavez.

Now, Senior Trial Attorney Bryan McKay and Assistant District Attorney Anne Keener will wait to listen.

So will attorney David Serna, who is representing Chavez who is accused of killing his 26-year-old wife, Tera Chavez, in the couple’s home near Los Lunas in 2007 and staging her death to make it look like a suicide.

A throng of local reporters and a crew from NBC Dateline also will wait.

Chavez Case: From the Beginning
As will members of Levi Chavez’s and Tera Chavez’s families, many of whom didn’t miss a minute of testimony or argument in the emotionally charged five-week trial, which began June 10 and ended with dramatic closing arguments on Friday.

The voice everyone will now wait to hear belongs to the jury — nine women and three men — who began deliberating shortly after 8:30 a.m. today.

Those 12 jurors have a tall order.

More than 40 people, including Levi Chavez himself, testified in the trial. It’ll be the jury’s job to determine which ones were credible and which ones weren’t.

Witnesses included:

– A handful of Levi Chavez’s mistresses, some of whom either were APD officers in 2007, or still are, and one of whom offered testimony that directly contradicted Chavez’s story about where he was when, according to his version of events, Tera shot herself.

– Members of Tera’s family, including her father, her younger brother and her twin brother. In contrast to the defense’s picture of a despondent, suicidal Tera Chavez, her blood relatives all testified that she had plans for the future, an abiding dedication to her two children and a burgeoning career. Suicide, they said, would not have been an option for her.

– Nationally recognized experts in crime scene reconstruction and forensic pathology who testified for the defense that evidence they reviewed in the case supported the theory that Tera killed herself. Serna also put a “suicidologist” — who famously determined in the 1990s that President Bill Clinton’s deputy White House counsel Vince Foster committed suicide — to say Tera died by her own hand.

– The controversial ex-Valencia County Sheriff’s detective who investigated Levi Chavez for Tera’s death. Aaron Jones was often combative with Serna on the stand. He was the only witness threatened with contempt of court by state District Judge George P. Eichwald. Jones stood by his investigation under a relentless cross-examination by Serna.

– Two APD officers who went to the Chavez’s home — out of their jurisdiction — after he called 911 around 9 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2007 to report that Tera had shot herself in the head. Addressing longstanding controversy over their involvement at the death scene, the APD officers testified that they cut up a bloody mattress where Tera’s body had been lying with permission from and under the supervision of VCSO officials as a courtesy to the Chavez’s children.

Jurors also will consider more than 300 pieces of evidence. Many of those are crime scene photographs taken by a former VCSO evidence technician, who was working her first-ever crime scene that night in 2007, and by a field investigator for the state Office of the Medical Investigator, who was working her first and only case that night.

Perhaps the most noticeable piece of evidence now sitting in the jury room on the second floor of the courthouse here is the gun that killed Tera Chavez — her husband’s APD-issued Glock 9 mm pistol.

The gun was the subject of days worth of contentious scrutiny and testimony during the trial.

“If there’s a smoking gun in this case, it is” the gun itself, prosecution crime scene and firearms expert Mark Radosevich said from the witness stand.

There’s also a lot the jury didn’t hear — including testimony and evidence that was excluded during bitter pretrial evidentiary hearings.

I’ll keep this post updated if something noteworthy happens while the jury moves along in its deliberations.

For now, the courthouse, which has been abuzz with spectators, family members and members of the news media — not to mention the prosecution and defense teams — is oddly quiet. The parking lot outside is half as full as it has been during the trial.

Other than the three TV live trucks, one would hardly know one of the most-anticipated verdicts in recent New Mexico memory is being formulated inside.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/221602/news/jury-deliberations-begin-chavez-trial.html

Jury deliberations begin in Chavez trial
By Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writer on Mon, Jul 15, 2013
POSTED: 10:04 am

BERNALILLO—Prosecutors this morning loaded several large boxes of case files into the back of a gray SUV and drove slowly out of the parking lot outside the state District courthouse here.

It was a clear sign that there’s nothing left to say in the murder case of former Albuquerque police officer Levi Chavez.

Now, Senior Trial Attorney Bryan McKay and Assistant District Attorney Anne Keener will wait to listen.

So will attorney David Serna, who is representing Chavez who is accused of killing his 26-year-old wife, Tera Chavez, in the couple’s home near Los Lunas in 2007 and staging her death to make it look like a suicide.

A throng of local reporters and a crew from NBC Dateline also will wait.

Chavez Case: From the Beginning
As will members of Levi Chavez’s and Tera Chavez’s families, many of whom didn’t miss a minute of testimony or argument in the emotionally charged five-week trial, which began June 10 and ended with dramatic closing arguments on Friday.

The voice everyone will now wait to hear belongs to the jury — nine women and three men — who began deliberating shortly after 8:30 a.m. today.

Those 12 jurors have a tall order.

More than 40 people, including Levi Chavez himself, testified in the trial. It’ll be the jury’s job to determine which ones were credible and which ones weren’t.

Witnesses included:

– A handful of Levi Chavez’s mistresses, some of whom either were APD officers in 2007, or still are, and one of whom offered testimony that directly contradicted Chavez’s story about where he was when, according to his version of events, Tera shot herself.

– Members of Tera’s family, including her father, her younger brother and her twin brother. In contrast to the defense’s picture of a despondent, suicidal Tera Chavez, her blood relatives all testified that she had plans for the future, an abiding dedication to her two children and a burgeoning career. Suicide, they said, would not have been an option for her.

– Nationally recognized experts in crime scene reconstruction and forensic pathology who testified for the defense that evidence they reviewed in the case supported the theory that Tera killed herself. Serna also put a “suicidologist” — who famously determined in the 1990s that President Bill Clinton’s deputy White House counsel Vince Foster committed suicide — to say Tera died by her own hand.

– The controversial ex-Valencia County Sheriff’s detective who investigated Levi Chavez for Tera’s death. Aaron Jones was often combative with Serna on the stand. He was the only witness threatened with contempt of court by state District Judge George P. Eichwald. Jones stood by his investigation under a relentless cross-examination by Serna.

– Two APD officers who went to the Chavez’s home — out of their jurisdiction — after he called 911 around 9 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2007 to report that Tera had shot herself in the head. Addressing longstanding controversy over their involvement at the death scene, the APD officers testified that they cut up a bloody mattress where Tera’s body had been lying with permission from and under the supervision of VCSO officials as a courtesy to the Chavez’s children.

Jurors also will consider more than 300 pieces of evidence. Many of those are crime scene photographs taken by a former VCSO evidence technician, who was working her first-ever crime scene that night in 2007, and by a field investigator for the state Office of the Medical Investigator, who was working her first and only case that night.

Perhaps the most noticeable piece of evidence now sitting in the jury room on the second floor of the courthouse here is the gun that killed Tera Chavez — her husband’s APD-issued Glock 9 mm pistol.

The gun was the subject of days worth of contentious scrutiny and testimony during the trial.

“If there’s a smoking gun in this case, it is” the gun itself, prosecution crime scene and firearms expert Mark Radosevich said from the witness stand.

There’s also a lot the jury didn’t hear — including testimony and evidence that was excluded during bitter pretrial evidentiary hearings.

I’ll keep this post updated if something noteworthy happens while the jury moves along in its deliberations.

For now, the courthouse, which has been abuzz with spectators, family members and members of the news media — not to mention the prosecution and defense teams — is oddly quiet. The parking lot outside is half as full as it has been during the trial.

Other than the three TV live trucks, one would hardly know one of the most-anticipated verdicts in recent New Mexico memory is being formulated inside.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/221602/news/jury-deliberations-begin-chavez-trial.html

Ahhh, Dateline. I can't wait to watch it. They did a terrific story on both the Jason Young and the Brad Cooper trials here.
I'm still praying for a guilty verdict.

Ahhh, Dateline. I can't wait to watch it. They did a terrific story on both the Jason Young and the Brad Cooper trials here.

Yes Dateline did do a great job on both of those trials. Plus I was happy to watch the Dateline on both because yes thank goodness the jury got it right. I am praying they get it right IMO on this one too. I can't watch the Dateline ever on CA. It brings up to much.

Yes Dateline did do a great job on both of those trials. Plus I was happy to watch the Dateline on both because yes thank goodness the jury got it right. I am praying they get it right IMO on this one too. I can't watch the Dateline ever on CA. It brings up to much.

They did excellent ones on the Abaroa case, brianna dennison, jodi Arias as well.
My FB inbox is empty. I deleted the message from friday. Literally took some nerve tea (nice looseblend made by a local herbalist). Locked myself away for a while (downstairs, so I could hear everything, gave safety instructions). This case and that msg just brought up ugly ugly stuff. Came away, took a nap on the couch with the kids and did homework.
I feel like a squeezed sponge.
I feel like Tera will have justice in court
I know people who are like LC (even without killing someone) will always eventually get what is coming to them. The users, the abusers. This murderer is all 3. He will get what is coming to him.

I will await this one with baited breath

They did excellent ones on the Abaroa case, brianna dennison, jodi Arias as well.

I must have missed the Abaroa Dateline. Didn't see the JA one either. Don't recall who Brianna Dennison is--will google her.
Thanks for the info!

12:32 PM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Lunch will be brought to jury, courtroom now locked #levichavez

I watched the Abaroa trial but don't think I saw the Dateline episode, is it on YT?

I hope they enjoy their lunch. I wonder if they wanted to eat in or if they were made to.
I'm walking out the door for my dental appointment, see you all when I get back!

Verdict on Levi Chavez' case could lead to custody battle

SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. —A jury is set to decide Levi Chavez' fate, and the decision could have a ripple effect on his children.

When Tera Chavez died, her two children were caught between two families with animosity toward each other. Now, the children face the possibility of having their father incarcerated and a custody battle between families.

"At this point, everything about their lives is crumbling," said PJ Hartman, a family law attorney.

Family law attorneys said if the jury finds Chavez guilty on murder charges, the courts may have to decide the fate of his children.

"In my experience, a psychological parent relationship would be a very important factor that the court would have to consider," said family law attorney Don Harris.

Harris is pointing out the psychological relationship between Tera Chavez' children and the woman Levi Chavez started dating a few weeks after Tera's death. Levi Chavez has been married to the woman for five years.

Family law attorneys said it means that if Levi Chavez goes to jail, his children could very likely stay with their stepmother.

"The actual biological relation can be less important than the psychological relation of who has actually been raising the child or who has been caring for the child," said Harris.

Tera Chavez' family testified Levi Chavez has not allowed them to see their grandchildren in years.

Legal experts said it may be difficult for Tera Chavez' parents to gain custody even if Levi Chavez is convicted.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...0963228/-/15cd0s0z/-/index.html#ixzz2Z8XmWu00

BBM Say it is not so. Heather Hindi Chavez is evil IMO.

I must have missed the Abaroa Dateline. Didn't see the JA one either. Don't recall who Brianna Dennison is--will google her.
Thanks for the info!

BD was a totally diff case than the others....college student killed in Vegas.
I believe there was 2 on Abaroa...his original narcissist interview was that one and a second follow up one a couple years later with his second wife.
2 on the JA case....and early one with her just chatting away and then the second more recent one called Picture Perfect.

Verdict on Levi Chavez' case could lead to custody battle

SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. —A jury is set to decide Levi Chavez' fate, and the decision could have a ripple effect on his children.

When Tera Chavez died, her two children were caught between two families with animosity toward each other. Now, the children face the possibility of having their father incarcerated and a custody battle between families.

"At this point, everything about their lives is crumbling," said PJ Hartman, a family law attorney.

Family law attorneys said if the jury finds Chavez guilty on murder charges, the courts may have to decide the fate of his children.

"In my experience, a psychological parent relationship would be a very important factor that the court would have to consider," said family law attorney Don Harris.

Harris is pointing out the psychological relationship between Tera Chavez' children and the woman Levi Chavez started dating a few weeks after Tera's death. Levi Chavez has been married to the woman for five years.

Family law attorneys said it means that if Levi Chavez goes to jail, his children could very likely stay with their stepmother.

"The actual biological relation can be less important than the psychological relation of who has actually been raising the child or who has been caring for the child," said Harris.

Tera Chavez' family testified Levi Chavez has not allowed them to see their grandchildren in years.

Legal experts said it may be difficult for Tera Chavez' parents to gain custody even if Levi Chavez is convicted.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...0963228/-/15cd0s0z/-/index.html#ixzz2Z8XmWu00

BBM Say it is not so. Heather Hindi Chavez is evil IMO.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope they enjoy their lunch. I wonder if they wanted to eat in or if they were made to.
I'm walking out the door for my dental appointment, see you all when I get back!

We'll hold down the fort until your return!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back