NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is Disgusting!

SANTA ROSA, N.M. —As former Albuquerque police officer Levi Chavez stands trial, accused of murdering his wife Tera, his father and uncles plan to open a brewery called, "The Angry Wife," in Santa Rosa.

Tera Chavez’s family is upset about the name of the brewery, and feel it refers to Tera. But, the brewery cleared a hurdle Tuesday and could open soon.

"It's just unfortunate, the title," Santa Rosa Councilman Alvin Maestas Sr. said.

City officials said the name is actually about one of Chavez's aunts.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...ery/-/9153728/20909222/-/ab1qwaz/-/index.html

Alex Goldsmith ‏@AlexG_Reporter 37s
It appears the window was covered to allow the jury to use the courtroom. #LeviChavez

This is Disgusting!

SANTA ROSA, N.M. —As former Albuquerque police officer Levi Chavez stands trial, accused of murdering his wife Tera, his father and uncles plan to open a brewery called, "The Angry Wife," in Santa Rosa.

Tera Chavez’s family is upset about the name of the brewery, and feel it refers to Tera. But, the brewery cleared a hurdle Tuesday and could open soon.

"It's just unfortunate, the title," Santa Rosa Councilman Alvin Maestas Sr. said.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...ery/-/9153728/20909222/-/ab1qwaz/-/index.html

That is so incredibly low!!!! Wow I am fuming:stormingmad::stormingmad:

That is so incredibly low!!!! Wow I am fuming:stormingmad::stormingmad:

The video in that link only showed 2 people at that meeting. I am guessing it was a city council meeting for Santa Rosa? I know it makes me mad also.

I wonder if LC is supposed to run it if he is found not guilty. :stormingmad:

This is Disgusting!

If this isn't a slap in the face to the Cordova family I just don't know what is. I think the entire Chavez family of men should go to jail along with Levi and the rest of the APD. I can't believe this. I know the Cordova family got that huge sum from the civil suit but I just wish I could write them and tell them to come here and live with me until they get settled down here in eastern N.C with a new start. I feel so bad for them.

So it will be 3:00 pm there in about 15 minutes. I am getting a gut feeling we won't get a verdict today. I hope I'm wrong. I would rather wait a week for a guilty than a day for a not guilty or a hung jury. This judge is so weak if they come out hung he probably doesn't have it in him to order them back to deliberate further.

I can't recall what it's called the judge reads the jury when they say they
can't come to a unanimous decision, I'm sure Keener at least would request
the judge do that. I hope they don't hang, I sort of expected a quick verdict,
seems like either you think he did or didn't and there aren't any lessor charges.
Wait we shall.

I can't recall what it's called the judge reads the jury when they say they
can't come to a unanimous decision, I'm sure Keener at least would request
the judge do that. I hope they don't hang, I sort of expected a quick verdict,
seems like either you think he did or didn't and there aren't any lessor charges.
Wait we shall.

When they start asking to review evidence and various other things I feel good in some ways--at least they are thinking. But it also scares me in that obviously one or more have a question or a doubt, thus asking for evidence. You never can really read a jury until it's all said and done.
O/T I just read a news update that one of the Zimmerman jurors has signed, via her attorney husband, a book deal. Here we go.

Had to fix this picture so that is why I deleted it before and re-posting.

Chris Ramirez ‏@KOBChrisRamirez 12 Jul
#LeviChavez trial media tech room. Many hours spent in here with @Anna_Velasquez @krqe_agoodman & @JosephLeeLynch pic.twitter.com/8O13A668IH

BPAfYYdCMAAe_5y.jpg:small

http://t.co/8O13A668IH

Anyone knw how late they r going to go today?

I don't know, seems they stopped the actual trial anywhere between 5 minutes after their 2 hour lunch break and 5pm. I would think between 4:30 and 5 but that's just a guess. I haven't read seen any actual hours. They did begin a bit earlier this morning than they usually do.

Had to fix this picture so that is why I deleted it before and re-posting.

Chris Ramirez ‏@KOBChrisRamirez 12 Jul
#LeviChavez trial media tech room. Many hours spent in here with @Anna_Velasquez @krqe_agoodman & @JosephLeeLynch pic.twitter.com/8O13A668IH

BPAfYYdCMAAe_5y.jpg:small

http://t.co/8O13A668IH

I would imagine that unless one has a vested interest in a trial or is a law student, sitting in that small room day after day during a lengthy trial may begin to wear on the nerves.

Yes thank you Fran. I tweeted Anna V from KOAT if she knew how long the jury was going to go today and she said she does not know. I am off to pick up the kiddos. See you all later.

I don't know, seems they stopped the actual trial anywhere between 5 minutes after their 2 hour lunch break and 5pm. I would think between 4:30 and 5 but that's just a guess. I haven't read seen any actual hours. They did begin a bit earlier this morning than they usually do.

Ty so much nceast! I sure hope this jury does the right thing!

Yes thank you Fran. I tweeted Anna V from KOAT if she knew how long the jury was going to go today and she said she does not know. I am off to pick up the kiddos. See you all later.

And I'm off to the sofa for a quick nap. I have the volume turned up on the computer so any action from the courtroom happens should wake me. I am on the cusp of a migraine.

Wow I come back and we have a new thread! Thanks Fran!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto
Back