NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GBC's tactics only show that he is capable of elaborate planning and rationalising, which is quite in agreement with clinical traits for psychopaths. It's hard to prove a psychopath in court when they claim innocence. But when cornered, could they actually resort to their mental problems (a "duping delight"), on legal advice? I do not know law, so I am just expressing my concerns that GBC will use any opportunity to escape punishment.

Someone successfully pleading insanity does NOT escape punishment, believe you me. I also see no reason why he would even try, nothing points to him being insane and it would not benefit him to do so

:floorlaugh:Hi all, just logged in 'cause the inlaws are due any minute.. Had a quick scan of CM.. BRUCE OVERLAND?
just have to say are you kidding me, that is hysterical. Makes me think of a cross between Bruce Almighty (NOT) and Overland.. well, wouldn't the scouts be proud, with his suspenders, shorts, hiking boots. oh, and a woggle.....:floorlaugh:

sorry, OT had to vent..
on another topic, wondering if the Dickies might bring the girls to Cricket? Thinking it might be healthy for them to see the overwhelming support for their mom..

I didn't know that but others on here probably did. The only thing i knew was that he was in the medical ward. Apparently after court yesterday they were moving him out of the medical ward. I will look for the link to where it mentioned that

That was reported yesterday in the media (don't have a link): he would now be moved from the "medical ward" to the general cells since his bail bid was rejected.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as "Spousal Maintenance" in Australian Family Law...just child maintenance.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/fla1975114/s77a.html

If you accept the evidence about his Debt situation, GBC had nothing to fear in the family court, and could afford a divorce. is there a hidden treasure?

Spousal maintenance application would be generally when there are no assets to split and a big difference in Income going forward. ( and potentially when one party is a grub) Circumstantial evidence indicates he was ready for the bankruptcy trustee. A spousal maintenance application would be more a complication for trustee than the husband I would think. There are plenty of husbands in the Family court who would accept a genuine bankruptcy over an avaricious wife.

GBC's tactics only show that he is capable of elaborate planning and rationalising, which is quite in agreement with clinical traits for psychopaths. It's hard to prove a psychopath in court when they claim innocence. But when cornered, could they actually resort to their mental problems (a "duping delight"), on legal advice? I do not know law, so I am just expressing my concerns that GBC will use any opportunity to escape punishment.

Oh, I'm guessing that most of the murderers in gaol have been diagnosed with some mental health disorder (narcissism/sociopathy) so am quite hopeful that GBC will end up in their company.

Yeh....It is more common than you realise - men that you fall "madly in love with" are a totally different person to the one that you know.

It is my personal opinion that a lot of these narsissists/psychopaths are high-operating alpha personalities: very driven, very egocentric, money-oriented, proud, charming and totally lacking in a moral compass.

A lot of women would have had brushes with these types of men who left them heart-broken but, actually, they are the lucky ones who got away with just a broken heart....didn't lose their savings or worse still their lives.

Yes jillie - I count myself one of the lucky ones. They 'suck you dry' of everything you have - money, joy, self-confidence...and, if you are really unfortunate and stick around too long, thinking you will be able to heal them with your love, compassion, patience and intelligence...maybe even your life.

Well...I think I've gotten how things went down in court Thursday. Just one thing I'm not sure of...how many mistresses did this guy have? And when was this information released? During the bail hearing?
TIA

I found this an interesting exerpt - recognise anyone?:

As an analogy, imagine having a slight urge for a snack. However, the door to the kitchen door is locked and hooked up to an alarm system. Seeing that the door is locked, you pick up an axe to knock down the door (you were going to replace it soon anyway). As you chop the door, the alarm annoyingly rings until you destroy it, too. After demolishing the door, you enter the kitchen and eat your snack. Now imagine you are a psychopath and the door was a human being, the annoying alarm its cries of pain and agony. After slaughtering the human, stifling its annoying and petty cries, you can sit down to enjoy your snack!

Would the "snack" be a $900K insurance payout? IMO

It is also interested that the article mentions that a psychopath "knows the words, but not the music" - sorta like "talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk". In other words they hear the concepts (love, honesty, fidelity, integrity) us normal people go blathering on about, but cannot understand. To them they are just "ideas" that get in the way of achieving their desires (sex, money, adoration, etc).

I did go banging on about psychopaths an awful lot in earlier threads this time last week as I have had dealings with one in particular, so could recognise this one (GBC) immediately.

Hawkins, based on what came out yesterday regarding the video call to NBC, do you anticipate more arrests to come? or can this sort of thing be dismissed as @an accidental call@ or something and provide too much trouble to follow up on? ( please excuse my legal ignorance)

The msm report that it was 1min 23secs...how can that be accidental?

Someone earlier said that 'insanity' is very difficult to prove in a court of law.
Am hoping this is true.

I think the fact that GBC made definite decisions attached to a plan he had in mind then it would be very difficult to plead an insanity defence.

MOO

Even though he shouldn't be able to claim the whole 'insanity' thing {to me that would be a cop out} I do believe he has something seriously wrong in his head... maybe too arrogant, self obsessed or just plain piggish.

Seriously, if he was to get out on an insanity plea, that would give the go ahead for anyone to do what he did and get off scott free.

As far as I'm concerned his only concern was/is for himself... not his wife, kids , not even his girlfriend/s. That's not insanity, that's just called being a self righteous <Mod Snip>

I know, logically it all points to NBC knowing something that night, but still wondering if something as small as that can implicate him as an accessory. I'm guessing yes, but is it more complicated than that?

Aaah, that makes sense, in one of the reports I read it said the call went for 1.23 seconds... I thought that's not even long enough to get a sad face on the screen. But now I know it's 1 min 23 seconds, well yeah, that's more probable.

Even though he shouldn't be able to claim the whole 'insanity' thing {to me that would be a cop out} I do believe he has something seriously wrong in his head... maybe too arrogant, self obsessed or just plain piggish.

Seriously, if he was to get out on an insanity plea, that would give the go ahead for anyone to do what he did and get off scott free.

As far as I'm concerned his only concern was/is for himself... not his wife, kids , not even his girlfriend/s. That's not insanity, that's just called being a self righteous <Mod Snip>!!

If he is diagnosed as a psychopath he isn't mad....he's just plain bad...that is the general concensus at the moment in psychiatry circles. So "insanity" isn't an option.

I know, logically it all points to NBC knowing something that night, but still wondering if something as small as that can implicate him as an accessory. I'm guessing yes, but is it more complicated than that?

I guess it may help prove that he knew 'something' but chose to shut his mouth and let the whole lie go forth. If so, it won't go down well with police because there were alot of man hours used based on this lie.
If he did know and chose to let it pass, I'd be soooo angry.

If he is diagnosed as a psychopath he isn't mad....he's just plain bad...that is the general concensus at the moment in psychiatry circles. So "insanity" isn't an option.

Yes, to be able to do what he did, then hide it like he did shows very little value to life. {other than his own} I think most people if faced with an argument that went bad, they'd call an ambulance etc. But knowing what we know now makes it seem like this is what he wanted... he just didn't plan the part about getting caught.

I guess it may help prove that he knew 'something' but chose to shut his mouth and let the whole lie go forth. If so, it won't go down well with police because there were alot of man hours used based on this lie.
If he did know and chose to let it pass, I'd be soooo angry.

Absolutely!!! I'm just hoping for more arrests. Surely there will have to be more.??
People just cant get away with helping a murderer to hide his crime, family or not.
Will there be more????
MOO

Well...I think I've gotten how things went down in court Thursday. Just one thing I'm not sure of...how many mistresses did this guy have? And when was this information released? During the bail hearing?
TIA

Well there was the mention of one mistress being told about the other 2. Who knows how many he really had? I mean, I'm not sure I'd be coming forward if I'd been seeing him. That would change however if I had info that could help them nail him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr