NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHilst it may seem suspicious to make enquiries close to Allison's death it may simply have been in relation to cashing in the policy. Asset discovery is a standard part of separation. If the marriage was going to dissolve it may have been for him to assess the residual value of any assets they might have together.

Thanks, that's what I was trying, poorly, to say earlier in the thread. The cash value isn't as much as the death benefit though, it's only as much as the premiums you've paid minus any fees.

Ones life insurance policy wouldnt have any bearing on their "financial separation".

The monies from these would only come into effect if the person is dead.

I think he was having it confirmed that HE was ifact still the beneficiary. If she had professed that she was now infact leaving him, then there was always that slim chance, that she had changed the beneficiaries.........Perhaps it would have been good if she had....................she may not be dead.

Maybe she threatened to change it over to the girls, or her parents.....and he blew his gasket.

Good thought! Do you think he was getting more paranoid?

Oi Woman! You also have Leo friends.
th_11.gif

You always had good hair too.

xxxxx

Thanks, that's what I was trying, poorly, to say earlier in the thread. The cash value isn't as much as the death benefit though, it's only as much as the premiums you've paid minus any fees.

Thats still a nice lil gift, isnt it.....I must look into my own one now....lol

Maybe I can go to a five star restaurants for dinner one night, instead of good ole Maccas.... :) :floorlaugh:

Not necessarily so - some policies have a maturity value and do not require the person to die for a payout. I know a friend of mine was happy when he realised that he had a matured life insurance policy. He cashed it in soon after he had separated from his wife.

It depends, in the 70's and 80's that was the case but you can't get those types of policies now. If she'd had the policies since the 80's, yes it could have been a life assurance policy.

What confuses me, is she seemed like a savvy lady (Allison). Im shocked she didnt change alot of this over to her children, when she discovered he was having an affair. If I knew my husband was in debt, because of his own incapable business ability.....I would ensure that my life insurance policy, takes care of my childrens future......Not take care of his crap.....thus taking the money away from my childrens future.

He would have used all this money from Allison's death to pay off debts and none of this money would have helped the children one iota. He would have gone into another business, screwed it and owed more again.....and the girls always stood to get NADA.

I would have sceured their future....and no, im not criticising her. I just cant get my head around it. She must have loved him :( pig

That's what I said to DH when we were discussing these this the other day "Don't get any ideas, you're not named as beneficiary!"

Aha - just checked. It was an endowment policy my friend had - apparently these are no longer available in Australia. ( Not sure when they were stopped).

Good thought! Do you think he was getting more paranoid?

For sure, paranoid from many angles.

I think there was a lot going on.....I think Toni wanted Alison to know his heart was with her now......and he was being pressured.

I think that he had a weakness and visions of grandeur when it came to his financial status and his dreams of money.

I think he wanted a clean slate and felt this was "to him", the only way to achieve it.

He was/is a train wreck.

Would someone who has had Army training be in possession of night vision goggles?

Night goggles are not standard Army issue. They would be distributed during a night exercise and handed in on completion and would not be taken home or kept for private use.They can however be purchased at any Army disposal store.
A close relative served 30 years in the Australian Army and I actually asked him the question when I was looking to purchase some a few years ago. IMO

Given the numerous hypothetical scenarios posted by many people over umpteen threads, you suggest that THIS is an attempt to influence? Good grief..!

No gotcha there at all. Just playing the devil's advocate, as was suggested I do last night.

There have been, actually, rumours locally that she had seen a psychiatrist. I have treated them as just that - rumours. But was just putting out there an alternative possibility for GBC Googling it.

with respect, I disagree on that one. Just happened to slip that one in, then even give it further legitimacy by mentioning you had heard local rumors as well.
This is a victim friendly forum as it states at the beginning of this thread, and Allison Baden-Clay is not here to defend herself. The MODS have already warned against posting rumors about her which she cannot defend.

Imagine if someone close to you went missing under mysterious circumstances and they checked your googling. The MSM would have a field day with members of this site:floorlaugh:

Night goggles are not standard Army issue. They would be distributed during a night exercise and handed in on completion and would not be taken home or kept for private use.They can however be purchased at any Army disposal store.
A close relative served 30 years in the Australian Army and I actually asked him the question when I was looking to purchase some a few years ago. IMO

Mothergoose, you cheeky chook, I mean goose....Why did you want those for? You better not be heisting my undies drawer.......I stopped fiting into my Bendon's a few years back now and have resorted to the Best and Less variety....HAHAHAHA

;)

I read the texts GBC sent to Allison on the morning he notified police.

Now, if my husband went missing and I was concerned they would not sound so scripted. It's happened before as he goes mountain bike riding/motorbike riding/rock climbing etc. If I don't hear from him within a specified time I call and call and call! OMG he must have about 5,000 missed calls/texts from me as he'd tell me he will get in contact with me by a certain time but then doesn't so naturally I worry!

My texts usually consist of:

Are you ok?
Where are you?
I'm worried!
Call me ASAP.

I think if I wouldn't have heard from him (and he generally knows I'm concerned because of the 5,000 missed calls) I would then text him and tell him I'm going to call the cops in case he's stuffing around and just not replying.

You can do various tricky things with life insurance policies though. Like the terminally ill people can get money from it somehow. I heard that people with terminal AIDS were selling their policies to people for less than they were worth, to have money to live on, then the person who bought it got the full money when they died.

Sounds like you can also cash in your policies, depending on what type they are.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1318/is_5_53/ai_54432784/

I read the texts GBC sent to Allison on the morning he notified police.

Now, if my husband went missing and I was concerned they would not sound so scripted. It's happened before as he goes mountain bike riding/motorbike riding/rock climbing etc. If I don't hear from him within a specified time I call and call and call! OMG he must have about 5,000 missed calls/texts from me as he'd tell me he will get in contact with me by a certain time but then doesn't so naturally I worry!

My texts usually consist of:

Are you ok?
Where are you?
I'm worried!
Call me ASAP.

I think if I wouldn't have heard from him (and he generally knows I'm concerned because of the 5,000 missed calls) I would then text him and tell him I'm going to call the cops in case he's stuffing around and just not replying.

I agree.....My texts would be less scripted too....There may be a few swears too....and I id be like... "WTF...Im scared, where r u".

For sure, paranoid from many angles.

I think there was a lot going on.....I think Toni wanted Alison to know his heart was with her now......and he was being pressured.

I think that he had a weakness and visions of grandeur when it came to his financial status and his dreams of money.

I think he wanted a clean slate and felt this was "to him", the only way to achieve it.

He was/is a train wreck.

Yeah, ego in tact, no messy divorce, no mandatory separation period before the divorce, no shared custody and negotiation of the kids oh and financial bonus.

Imagine if someone close to you went missing under mysterious circumstances and they checked your googling. The MSM would have a field day with members of this site:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I'll say! Would this forum be a good excuse?

I wonder if his shirt or top was torn or had blood on it from the scratches.
Or was he shirtless at the time? IMO

I think shirtless, less mess to clean, not too much to dispose of....

Mothergoose, you cheeky chook, I mean goose....Why did you want those for? You better not be heisting my undies drawer.......I stopped fiting into my Bendon's a few years back now and have resorted to the Best and Less variety....HAHAHAHA
;)

No Willough I wear Granny pants as per Bridgetts Diary so I'm sure your are to small for me lol. The night goggles were because I have a herd of beautiful Alpacas and I need to see whats going on if there is a disturbance or when they give birth.I can see the whole paddock from my balcony so they serve me well.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I'll say! Would this forum be a good excuse?

We'd all have to start vouching for each other.....My we have looked at some freaky stuff.....decomposition, autopsies.....insurance policies.....GAWD. We better wrap ourselves and our loved ones in cotton wool from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966