No outcry to find the killer/Zanny

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the fact that the A's nor anyone else ... including JB, have put forth an effort to find the killer/kidnapper, Zanny "the Nanny" F G, speaks volumes. If someone dear to your family was kidnapped and later found murdered ... wouldn't you do all you could to bring the person accused to justice? After all, we know that Zanny was the last person to have Caylee -- at least according to Casey and the A's. So why do we not hear via the attorney that the A's are asking for help to clear their daughters name and bring the real killer to justice? Also, you notice, we never hear from anyone on the defense asking for the "real" JH or JL, Samantha and RF nor any other, heretofore, unverified witnesses to come forward. Any ONE of these people could clear his client ... or in the least verify her credibility ... yet he has made no public EFFORT to find them! How could ALL of these people suddenly drop from the face of the earth at the same time? To me that says it all. IMO a jury will think the same!
You bring up a very valid question.
One that Ive thought of in other cases (OJ most prominantly)
Imagine yourself in jail wrongly for killing a loved one that you knew was murdered by someone else that was still free.
Would they be able to shut you up about catching the real killer?
It does speak volumes.

You bring up a very valid question.
One that Ive thought of in other cases (OJ most prominantly)
Imagine yourself in jail wrongly for killing a loved one that you knew was murdered by someone else that was still free.
Would they be able to shut you up about catching the real killer?
It does speak volumes.

Yes, but if they did find the "real killer" JB's money train stops. This is all about publicity and money. I just wonder if JB really believes all this carp.

Casey said in one of her jail house interviews that ZFG gave her a hair straightener. GA, being former LE, should have picked up on that and immediately told LE about this direct link to the kidnapper. This is an object that ZFG touched (fingerprints) and possibly used (hair analysis). I don't think there was any attempt from the Anthonys to find ZFG because they knew she didn't exist.

It may be inconceivable to some, but it happens quite frequently, always has, always will. I believe we have been living with a somewhat false idea that motherhood automatically programs one to love, nurture and worship our children. That isn't necessarily true - even animals will kill, and sometimes eat, their young.

very good point, blackwatch. i'm always kind of suspicious of the "how could anyone do that?" sorts of comments. infanticide is pretty well biologically programmed. not that that's an excuse, mind you.

Of course the Anthonys know deep down KC did it. But I see (CA in particular) them still following along with whatever KC says. NONE of the jailhouse tapes show CA or GA challenging KC when she gets defensive over a question, or confronting her on her stories and how they just don't add up. KC throwing in that bit about giving "the nanny" a key to the house or how she told her friend that JG had a key to her car and may have done something to it, etc....KC just doesn't seem to realize that it's REASONABLE doubt. Not any doubt. She can put these stories out all she wants, but they would only go to opportunity, not motive. But I digress....the A's have not promoted "the real killer" theme. Actions always speak louder than words.
And... if Zanny wanted another child so badly, mind you she wasn't childless, why did she kill Caylee then?????:confused:

JMO...I think the A's have come to terms that KC did it. At first hoping that it was an accident, that she was too afraid to tell anyone. Then poor Caylee's body was found, duct tape an all. At that time they probably were hit with reality.
Had to come to terms that they raised a monster, beating themselves up for "where did they go wrong?" GA...goes over everything in his head, all the things he felt he "should" have done (that hindsight is 20/20 thing that all parents do), and guilts himself into a deep depression (hence the suicide attempt).
After emotionally working through all of this. They probably now feel that they lost 1 "daughter", but still have one alive. If she can get off, then they as parents can rehabilitate her. They are afraid of losing everything, and grasping to keep what they have.
Sorry so long

I agree with this. I also think that the Anthonys (who dont seem to have many close personal friends/family) may have turned to their religious ministers to help get them thru all this (many of us would do the same thing if faced with this tragedy). I know in my faith I would be told my daughter needed my love and support now more than ever, that I need to pray for her and ourselves to be able to forgive her etc....so what seems like support or belief that Casey is innocent may be just their attempt at following what their ministers are telling they need to do.

I also believe that many of the things they have said and done have been orchestrated by JB. I dont think they believe Casey is innocent anymore but they are not going to do anything to hurt her defense especially when the dealth penalty could be put back on the table. I have no doubt that JB is/was telling them what they needed to say and or do so as to not hurt her defense.

I think if she was innocent, she would have said something about the killer when she was sitting in the nurse's office and saw the news for the first time ... oh, but then she already forgave Zanny so no point in that.

:D

Agreed...I would expect her to say someting like "that b**** killed my baby", or did she just double over in pain?

It seems to me that the A's have all but said they no longer believe the Zanny story. Why would they be expected to ask for help finding someone they don't believe exists? I suppose, if they were in cover-up mode, as so many people insist, that's exactly what they would do.

CA did tell LE she didn't believe there was a nanny but that name was applied to whomever had Caylee at the time, whether it be JG, Amy or whomever.

However, I don't recall them ever contradicting KC's story in public.

CA did tell LE she didn't believe there was a nanny but that name was applied to whomever had Caylee at the time, whether it be JG, Amy or whomever.

However, I don't recall them ever contradicting KC's story in public.

I don't expect they ever will, nor are they obligated to.

Then all the A"s Have to do is admit their Daughter killed their grandaughter, but they stand behind her..Case closed.

All they have to do is stop saying she's innocent and mother of the year, imo. I don't care if they stand behind her, of course they love her too. But the lying has to stop. It's offensive; an insult to my intelligence.

(Not to imply my intelligence isn't insulted often, usually by those closest to me, but that's another story.) :)

Hi Chilly Willy,

I can totally relate to the part above bolded by me.
Had it not happened to me, I would never have believed it possible....for a human being to be in such blatant denial about something so obvious to the rest of the world.

Something I knew in my own heart for several years (nowhere near the seriousness of a death caused by another loved one), I refused to accept, refused to discuss and felt the longer it went unmentioned, the more I didn't acknowledge it, the more apt the situation would just go away.

It didn't.

It's been five months now and I'm still not totally coming to terms with what I now know to be true (a mother's hopes and dreams for her child, and all that), but I'm working on it, one day at a time.

I might not like most of the A's antics during the last seven months but I can stand here and say that I do understand the struggle they are going through in their own minds, hearts and souls.

What the human mind can and will do to protect.....it's astonishing.

Amity, This is so true and I think it is something that people can't or don't want to understand . I think sometimes we forget that people cycle back and forth through the stages of grief--including denial. And to me this is the worst kind of grief I could imagine, losing a beloved innocent young granddaughter and faced with the evidence against your daughter -- whom you couldn't help but remember when she was an innocent baby herself. I think people expect them to have had one moment (and to have had that moment as soon as most of the public did) where they switched from hope /denial to absolute belief in her guilt--which they never again would doubt.

Some people believe that because they said the car smelled like death, they knew from then on that Casey was guilty and everything denying that was totally faking. I don't see it like that. I think they are still cycling in and out of denial - - maybe they are partly suspecting she murdered her, partly thinking maybe it was an accident & KC was scared to admit it (perhaps because of negligence or abuse, like drugging Caylee.)....and partly still desperately and illogically wishing there would be some other alternative to either of those.

Victims' families sometimes do have go into denial in a way that makes no sense to others -- everything from the character and habits of an adult victim, to denying some aspect of the crime even if they have seen the autopsy report or heard evidence in court , because they can't bear the thought of their loved one's suffering...for example denying a victim was raped before their murder even though at one moment they had known that the report said that. ....and in some cases it can go all the way up to denying the person is dead even after the body has been found and identified.
The mind does have amazing abilities to protect itself from something too painful to cope with yet.

Thank you for sharing your own difficult experience. I'm sorry for whatever has happened that has been so hard to accept and has caused you to have to give up your hopes; since it is not death,, I hope things will turn out better than it may seem now -- different than you expected, but maybe still good.

All they have to do is stop saying she's innocent and mother of the year, imo. I don't care if they stand behind her, of course they love her too. But the lying has to stop. It's offensive; an insult to my intelligence.

(Not to imply my intelligence isn't insulted often, usually by those closest to me, but that's another story.) :)

When is the last time any of the A's said that Casey is innocent?

I strongly believe that the A's feel the killer is in jail. I also believe that they are holding onto the hope that the death was accidental.

PS: I think you rate more than one Hooah.

I take a great deal of pride and pleasure in announcing I 100% agree, Chilly Willy. :)

I haven't heard anything at all about the A's claiming SODDI. Cindy said in her FBI interview that she's realized Zanny was the name Casey gave to whoever was watching Caylee at the time - could be Jesse, could be Amy, etc. She struggled with it, but she eventually admitted that there is no Zanny and that Casey's stories were false.

CA has been very vocal about blaming JG both to LE and in public.

Amity, This is so true and I think it is something that people can't or don't want to understand . I think sometimes we forget that people cycle back and forth through the stages of grief--including denial. And to me this is the worst kind of grief I could imagine, losing a beloved innocent young granddaughter and faced with the evidence against your daughter -- whom you couldn't help but remember when she was an innocent baby herself. I think people expect them to have had one moment (and to have had that moment as soon as most of the public did) where they switched from hope /denial to absolute belief in her guilt--which they never again would doubt.

Some people believe that because they said the car smelled like death, they knew from then on that Casey was guilty and everything denying that was totally faking. I don't see it like that. I think they are still cycling in and out of denial - - maybe they are partly suspecting she murdered her, partly thinking maybe it was an accident & KC was scared to admit it (perhaps because of negligence or abuse, like drugging Caylee.)....and partly still desperately and illogically wishing there would be some other alternative to either of those.

Victims' families sometimes do have go into denial in a way that makes no sense to others -- everything from the character and habits of an adult victim, to denying some aspect of the crime even if they have seen the autopsy report or heard evidence in court , because they can't bear the thought of their loved one's suffering...for example denying a victim was raped before their murder even though at one moment they had known that the report said that. ....and in some cases it can go all the way up to denying the person is dead even after the body has been found and identified.
The mind does have amazing abilities to protect itself from something too painful to cope with yet.

Thank you for sharing your own difficult experience. I'm sorry for whatever has happened that has been so hard to accept and has caused you to have to give up your hopes; since it is not death,, I hope things will turn out better than it may seem now -- different than you expected, but maybe still good.

Great post. I think when George opened the trunk and did not find a body inside, he convinced himself that everything was fine, nobody was dead. Same with Cindy. When I read how she asked, or practically begged, George to tell her the smell came from rotten pizza, her mind latched on to that possibility and could not let it go. I can't hold that against them and certainly can't say they were lying. I think it shows the depth of their pain and can feel only sympathy for them.

I think the reason the A's are saying that they're standing behind KC is b/c they believe it might have been an accident. They know there's no Zanny the Nanny. They know of the evidence, and regardless of how they portrayed themselves in the beginning, they aren't saying the same things now. They probably want KC to know that their love is unconditional, whatever that may be. Heck, they might even feel partially responsible for the way their daughter turned out...everyone sees that KC must have had problems for years that were overlooked. Alot of people are hung up on the idea that the defense will try to prove it was someone else...when in fact, all they'd really have to do is prove accident. Everyone needs to remember that the prosecution decided to go with a murder charge, instead of manslaughter. Murder is harder to prove. I do believe that KC is the guilty perp, but I also believe that the defense can show various scenarios of how the outcome could have been via accident, an in turn, explain away the things that took place afterwards. Do I believe that to be the case, accident that is? I really don't know, in my heart I think KC did this deliberately...but my brain tells me a different story. I can't get past the duct tape. I'm very curious to see how this plays out in a court of law. I hope it's televised. I'd love to learn from it.

Don't know much about criminal law so am just guessing here --- How can defense suggest an accident without putting KC on the stand? They'd have to have some foundation and the atty's can't testify for her. The experts can't determine an accidental COD. Sure, JB can ask, 'is it possible this was an accident' but then the SA would jump right in to object to that line of questioning, likely sustained. Even if he got away with it, the state would be able to cross the witness and destroy that line. So, I have no worries about that, based on the little knowledge I have.

I have read a lot of your posts and I think you are a caring, very compassionate person. Perhaps part of you just wants it to be an accident rather than face the horror of what, imo, really happened. Frankly, I do too but sadly, don't believe that's what happened; at least not what I'd consider an accident.

Great post. I think when George opened the trunk and did not find a body inside, he convinced himself that everything was fine, nobody was dead. Same with Cindy. When I read how she asked, or practically begged, George to tell her the smell came from rotten pizza, her mind latched on to that possibility and could not let it go. I can't hold that against them and certainly can't say they were lying. I think it shows the depth of their pain and can feel only sympathy for them.

There was no pizza. It was an empty pizza box.

I don't believe Baez will even be on this case when it comes to trial. He is headed out the door. Wanna bet?

I also believe their best shot would be that George did it. He & Cindy obviously lied about him seeing her last, and they may be able to use that to KC's benefit. All they have to say is KC left her with George and never saw her again. George obviously had a key to her car, as he picked it up. Then say he testified against her to the GJ because he was the guilty one. I believe she was setting that up when she talked about him abusing her.

That would be a good way to go but I don't see how they could get that info admitted without KC testifying. She is already on record as saying she left Caylee with nanny. Someone would have to correct that; someone with 1st hand knowledge would have to testify it was different. Unless GA is willing to fall on his sword for her and confess, I don't see it.

The state also has TL to testify that KC dropped car at Amscot, he saw it when he picked her up. The state also has the squirrel references. I just don't see the state not tearing that story up even if GA "confesses."

I disagree big time. I think if it was known that the A's are willing to grant an interview the media would be beating a path to their door. Since when is the media worried about credibility? LP on NG every night shows us that's not the case.

Sadly, I agree. They haven't made any public statements other than at the memorial since being on LKL, that I recall. Yes, there would be interest.

ETA: Oh NO!!! That's TWICE in one thread! Chilly Willy, what are you doing to my brain!?! ;)

I don't believe that George's story about seeing Caylee on the 16th is an obvious lie. Quite the opposite, actually. The evidence seems to support his account. There's too much evidence pointing to Casey for the jury ever to believe that George was actually the murderer. That would never fly.

I will not admit to three times in a single thread. I am going into deep denial now. j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV