NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a hotel on Saturday night thinking the very thing because the wall was a window, basically, and I was leaning against it to take pictures. I thought it was funny how I trusted that window (20 floors up) when I have no idea how strong they are.

eta: Just heard the sheriff say he had an item similar to a hammer. God, imagine hearing that from the room next door. :(

There are specific hammer like devices sold that are used to break glass in emergencies. I have one in my vehicle. Maybe something like that?..

There are specific hammer like devices sold that are used to break glass in emergencies. I have one in my vehicle. Maybe something like that?..

Not Blue, but that was the impression I got from the sheriff's statement.

I can't find anything saying that it is either.

Route 91 Harvest Festival

http://rt91harvest.com/#

https://twitter.com/Route91Harvest
A three day country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip / Sept 29- Oct 1!

https://www.facebook.com/Route91Harvest/
Las Vegas goes country Sept 29- Oct 1, 2017 at Route 91 Harvest! 3 days of country music on the Vegas Strip! Sign up for updates at www.rt91harvest.com

RTPOSTER_1024x1024.jpg

It took me 15 seconds of loading up the music festival's website to see it was a SiriusXM event and NOT a "Christian music festival". I'm not sure why those mistruths are being posted here. It's WAY too easy to debunk immediately.

Wonder if this was long=simmering payback for his father being busted. In 1960, he would have been 7 years old.....weird. But Dad busted in Las Vegas and son gets revenge in Las Vegas over a half century later???? Maybe just a coincidence......JMO

I don't think the location is a coincidence. We had a tragedy happen in our family (nothing of this scale, but a "regular" family tragedy) in a small town where I personally have never lived....but I definitely feel a connection to that town. I have visited it a few times....almost because I felt I HAD to visit it, to be there where that big event in my family history happened. (I do not feel violent or anger when I visit, just sadness and also pride for the survivors.)

So it's not hard for me to believe that the shooter had some sort of emotional connection to Vegas. I don't know if he did, but it's theory I'm keeping on the table for now.

jmopinion

A friend of mine was in Vegas for the concerts. They were parking the car at Excalibur when the shooting began. Literally missed it by minutes. Feeling very grateful this morning that she is safe!

CNN reporter saying housekeeping went into the room a couple of times over the weekend, but saw nothing unusual.

He checked in last Thursday, had 10 guns with him. He must have hidden them pretty well.

As far as housekeeping or anyone working at the hotel knows he's allowed to have guns. He wouldn't have had to hide them.

Lots of conventions in LV so hotel staff are probably used to seeing people with large quantities of whatever merchandise they are hoping to sell or trade or show off.

As easy as wheeling them into the hotel in a suitcase and leaving them in the closed suitcase until after housekeeping came in that morning. Once they've done stuff that morning he had all day to set stuff up.

You may be right. You'd think spending enough years at WS, I'd be better at thinking like a criminal. D'oh.

He didn't "snap". This was a long-planned attack. He didn't acquire that much of an arsenal overnight. He brought that arsenal all the way to Vegas with the intention of using it, IMO.
This. It isn't like he just snapped. He acquire and transported an arsenal, booked couple of rooms.... it was planned n cold blood.

I really don't think Islam has anything to do with this. I think this sorry excuse for a man, was very evil.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you, that explains it, unless they count the 2 rooms of the suite as 2 separate rooms. I could not figure out any layout in the suites that would include that busted window further to the medial of the building. Thus perhaps he had a (possibly "vista" 180 degree view, that's the same I stayed in) suite and a regular room adjacent to it with connection doors.

I found a pic I took through the lounge area/ den window and the bedroom window (second night view pic). It shows how far the fairgrounds are:

Snipped by me.

Thank you for these photos. I know nothing about guns, but this seems like such a long way for shots to reach. Is this normal? Specialized equipment?

Even as much as I don't like crowds, I wouldn't look at that location and feel hemmed in by buildings that might hold a shooter!

jmo

Snipped by me.

Thank you for these photos. I know nothing about guns, but this seems like such a long way for shots to reach. Is this normal? Specialized equipment?

Even as much as I don't like crowds, I wouldn't look at that location and feel hemmed in by buildings that might hold a shooter!

jmo

High powered rifles can fire hundreds of yards. He didn't even really need to aim, it was a humongous crowd of targets :(

My heart is so broken for all of the victims and their families in Las Vegas.

I was so shocked when I saw the breaking news early this morning. I have been so upset that I couldn't even post on this thread until now. I will never get use to anyone who takes lives away from so many innocent people.

I pray we come together as a nation filled with love, and unity for it is only love that can ever overcome the hate or evil that walks among us.

My heart and prayers are with everyone who is enduring what this awful man did to totally innocent people. I pray for those he cruelly murdered and for their families. I also pray for the full recovery of the many victims who are fighting for their lives because of his heinous hateful acts. And I pray for all of our nation's people as we all are grieving about what has happened.

Out of the evil always come goodness even in tragedies as large as this one. When I heard one of the witnesses who was there speaking with the media who said police officers were shielding them with their own bodies in order to protect them it makes me know there are far more good and kind people in our country than the bad who try to destroy us. God bless all of LE who were there and the first responders.

IMO

I wonder if some people standing were trying to see where their family members/friends were. I'm sure people got separated, which is so scary.

jmo

Its possible. It didn't look like that. One guy was just standing around looking confused. Two men and a woman seemed to be looking for the source of the shooting and pointing. It was scary.

I have watched the brothers video twice and something stood out to me. He reporter asked when was the last time he saw the shooter and he said "1 to 2 years, he didn't like the dust from the farms so I moved him to his home in mesquite." I kind of paraphrased it, but why would his brother move him? He's an adult and wouldn't he just move himself. I know he was in shock so it may mean nothing. Just odd to me.

It took me 15 seconds of loading up the music festival's website to see it was a SiriusXM event and NOT a "Christian music festival". I'm not sure why those mistruths are being posted here. It's WAY too easy to debunk immediately.

My son works in live audio and has worked a few of these multi-day country music festivals this summer. From his description, they're definitely not Christian. A lot of hard partying. In the midwest, they have them at outdoor venues with camping set up included in the price. The reason is so many of the country music concerts in recent years have had problems with drinking to excess and driving. They now try to hold them in venues where people can camp (or in this case walk to a hotel) after the concert, instead of driving home.

The story at the link I posted was from 24 Aug 1960, but it has similar info in the lede.

"Paddock was returned here from Las Vegas, NV where he was nabbed July 28 by FBI agents."

Same info about three bank robberies in Phoenix.

That's a lot of money. Wonder if they recovered it?

I have watched the brothers video twice and something stood out to me. He reporter asked when was the last time he saw the shooter and he said "1 to 2 years, he didn't like the dust from the farms so I moved him to his home in mesquite." I kind of paraphrased it, but why would his brother move him? He's an adult and wouldn't he just move himself. I know he was in shock so it may mean nothing. Just odd to me.

Maybe he meant he helped drive with furniture and such?

IDK.

I agree it sounds funny but he may have meant that he moved his furniture for him when his brother decided to move to NV. Saying “I moved him” wouldn’t necessarily refer to making a decision for him as it might if I said “I moved my mother into assisted living.” JMO

Snipped by me.

jmo

Some Rifles can shoot, and will shoot a mile or more. Those people were probably within 300-500 yrds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper