NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K, I'll play. She may not have known he planned to kill a mass of people but she may have known that his mental state was deteriorating and he owned a carp-load of weapons meant to kill people. She was overseas, one call to the police for a well being check could have changed history.

How so? You can't detain a person unless they've done something worth detaining them. A well check would have likely resulted in police knocking on his door, seeing he's alive and coherent, and moving along. How would that have stopped him? He did nothing illegal up until the moment he pulled the trigger the first time.

[h=1]Former FBI profiler: Vegas gunman likely studied Texas Tower shooting[/h]
"When you have those personality traits, callousness, coldblooded, predatory, really well-thought out instrumental violence--instrumental violence is killing people you don't know and never did anything to you--it's a very unique kind of violence. And it's a violence that's preferred by individuals that have psychopathic personality disorder," described O'Toole.

She believes we will find out what drove Paddock to commit mass murder and that he had his secrets. ( Former FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole, now the director of the Forensics Science Department at George Mason University.)

K, I'll play. She may not have known he planned to kill a mass of people but she may have known that his mental state was deteriorating and he owned a carp-load of weapons meant to kill people. She was overseas, one call to the police for a well being check could have changed history.

And could have gotten her children killed.

I just subscribed to this forum. I have not had time to read all 80+ pages- so, my apologies if this has already been addressed- have they released ANY surveillance footage from the hotel? Any footage of him going to and from his room with more luggage? Anything? Also, I heard from a friend that a "gag order" was in place ; therefore, Mandalay Bay employees and guests that may have been in contact or observed Paddock have not been questioned. If that is not the case, I find it odd that no one is talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for anyone who might know: What is the long oval purple piece of "furniture" that SP used to store guns in his hotel suite? DH and I can't figure out what it is. :waitasec:

I am sure you guys have all seen these but I have been out of pocket for a minute and am catching up on the news.

Las Vegas Shooting: Gunman’s Girlfriend Meets F.B.I. in L.A. for Questioning, Official Says

Ms. Danley returned to the country late Tuesday night, landing at Los Angeles International Airport on a flight from the Philippines, officials said. Ms. Danley, who has been described by the sheriff of the Las Vegas police as a “person of interest” in the case, was met by F.B.I. agents, according to a law enforcement official.

Marilou Danley, Gunman’s Girlfriend, Was ‘Madly in Love’

“Person of interest” is a vague term that does not necessarily indicate that the person is suspected of committing a crime. Ms. Danley has not been charged with any crime, but investigators are hoping she will have insight into Mr. Paddock’s motives.

Federal agents met Ms. Danley at her plane at Los Angeles International Airport, according to a law enforcement official. She evaded reporters waiting at the international terminal, and it was not known where she spent the night.

Portrait emerging of Las Vegas shooter as man 'descending into madness'

In the months before his deadly rampage, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock was a man “descending into madness,” according to a person briefed on new findings in the investigation.

More details are emerging, investigators say, that suggest Paddock’s mental state was deteriorating before the shooting — significant weight loss, an increasingly slovenly physical appearance and an obsession with his girlfriend’s ex-husband.

154zjht.jpg

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local...s-strip-shooter-stephen-paddocks-room-photos/

Question for anyone who might know: What is the long oval purple piece of "furniture" that SP used to store guns in his hotel suite? DH and I can't figure out what it is. :waitasec:

I believe its two chairs pushed together, if I am thinking of the right furniture.

I'm not sure I'm looking at the same image, but is it two chairs pushed together?

2 chairs pushed together.

I see it now :blushing: Yes, two chairs arms-to-arms. DH and I thought it could be some kind of tub/Jacuzzi :lol:

On a personal note, I don't like the décor and would not be comfortable in that hotel.

How so? You can't detain a person unless they've done something worth detaining them. A well check would have likely resulted in police knocking on his door, seeing he's alive and coherent, and moving along. How would that have stopped him? He did nothing illegal up until the moment he pulled the trigger the first time.

Well, since there was a sign that said no guns allowed in the hotel, he broke the law as soon as he brought that first firearm into the hotel. But... IMO, we're going to see other laws had been broken before this, only time will tell.

[FONT=&quot]LVMPD‏Verified account @LVMPD [video=twitter;915689724169224192]https://twitter.com/LVMPD/status/915689724169224192[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We will be conducting our next press conference regarding the Mandalay Bay shooting at 5 p.m. at #LVMPD HQ, 400 S. Martin L. King Blvd.
[/FONT]

I see it now :blushing: Yes, two chairs arms-to-arms. DH and I thought it could be some kind of tub/Jacuzzi :lol:

On a personal note, I don't like the décor and would not be comfortable in that hotel.
I agree, it is not at all attractive imo.

Well, since there was a sign that said no guns allowed in the hotel, he broke the law as soon as he brought that first firearm into the hotel. But... IMO, we're going to see other laws had been broken before this, only time will tell.

Ok, I amend my statement to say he hadn't broken any laws (at least visibly/obviously) up until THAT moment. The point still stands. He managed to make a trek from home to this hotel, check in, and carry on for days before the act without drawing attention or notice. What would a well check by the police have done? JMO.

Where did you see this? TIA

Damn. No words here. Only tears and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard a report on CNN late yesterday that there are still 35 patients considered to be in critical condition. Some will require additional surgeries. Sad to think that there might be more fatalities from this tragic incident.

[FONT="][URL="https://twitter.com/ericmhilt"]Eric Hilt FOX5‏ @ericmhilt[/URL] [video=twitter;915676604449267712]https://twitter.com/ericmhilt/status/915676604449267712[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Love always wins. [URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FremontStreet?src=hash"]#FremontStreet[/URL] #DTLV #VegasStrong
[/FONT]

AW yes, a little reminder now and then is good. Thank you for this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes