NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If handled properly, a bump stock could increase the rate of fire from between 45 and 60 rounds per minute to between 400 and 800 rounds per minute, Feinstein said in a news release.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4970720/bump-stocks-ban-how-work/?source=dam

Bump stocks replace the semi-automatic’s butt stock and pistol grip. They use the recoil of the gun to fire multiple rounds in rapid succession. “It, in essence, bounces off your body,” Glasco said.

But in order to get the gun to fire, a shooter has to simultaneously push the handle grip closest to the barrel forward while pulling the handle grip closest to the body backward. “It’s an unnatural motion to push and pull at the same time,” Glasco said. “It’s like you’re ripping something apart.”

It would seem that he would have had to practice.

I think so to -- I do not think guns are anywhere near how worshipped here but I suppose one could practice in like other countries for , how people describe it ,"fun"

How the noise and smells aren't a turn off in itself has remained a mystery to me.

I like going to the meat dept in the grocery store , with nice music and AC and making a selection -- ha!

much of this stuff imo is childhood -- exposure ! People need water -- it is not an innate need to go killing things for fun.

Play gun range if one wants to see if they can hit a bulls eye!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it is being eaten it is a lot like fishing IMO. If one wants feel a sense of accomplishment jump in and if you can catch up to a shark and beat its a@@ (!) hang it on ones wall. One wins!

If one wants a reindeer decoration for ones living room go out chase a reindeer down and if you beat it up its yours!

Just like chasing a football.. if you get the touchdown you earned the points!!!!

Arm wrestling ling IMO ok then

!!!!!!!!!!!

interview with a woman who used to work for him as a property manager... seems way different then the other things people have said about him. She also said she knows him better than a wife. I get a weird vibe from that/her.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooter-texas-20171006-story.html

It's amazing how psychopaths can be so charming, just read up on Ted Bundy as an example, That's if he was a psychopath.
I am wondering if it could have been schizophrenia he was suffering from.

A stylist who occasionally trimmed his hair said Paddock often came in as she opened in the mornings. He'd say he'd been gambling all night and reeked of alcohol.

About two months ago, he told the stylist he was going to send his girlfriend, Danley, to the Philippines for a family visit. Danley said through her lawyer that she found out about the trip just weeks, not months, beforehand. She said it was a surprise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...hen-paddock-and-the-mystery-motive/index.html

In a way it would better if brother did another rambling interview -- who knows what avenues it could open for us to learn more about !!!

haha, have to agree with you. Poor Eric doesn't have the sense to keep quiet. I think a lot of 'family secrets' will be uncovered in this investigation. Wish I could find more on their background myself.
The family moved around a lot during the boys' early years. Around the time the father changed his name, so did the
mother. She used to be Irene, changed it to Delores when they moved to Arizona, I believe.
Lots of skeletons in this family closet.

It's amazing how psychopaths can be so charming, just read up on Ted Bundy as an example, That's if he was a psychopath.
I am wondering if it could have been schizophrenia he was suffering from.

Couldn't help but think this gal was sleeping with SP. Just a weird combination of comments.

Brother Patrick II claimed he hadn't talked to Stephen in 10 or 20 years.
Haven't heard from Brother Bruce. Sounds like he was on the lam.

Like father like son!! Just maybe for similar reasons

just saying and speculating!

Would like to know how he exited the two legitimate jobs we know about. USPS and Martin-Marietta jobs.
Could it be he lacked the personal discipline to hold normal jobs? authority problems? co-worker problems?

No, the quick trip was to Hong Kong. I don't know exactly where she was in the Philippines, but just for reference, Hong Kong is about 695 miles from Manila; and Tokyo is around 1865 miles. Tokyo would not be a "quick trip", but Hong Kong would be.

CNN reports:
"Danley, 62, who travels on an Australian passport, arrived in the Philippines from Tokyo on September 15, then left for Hong Kong on September 22 and flew back to the Philippines on September 25, said Maria Antoinette Mangrobang, a spokeswoman for the Philippine Bureau of Immigration."

[video=cnn;us/2017/10/04/las-vegas-gunman-girlfriend-marilou-danley-attorney-statement-sot.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/us/marilou-danley-vegas-shooting-paddock/index.html[/video]

There is an addendum at the end of the article which says:

"A previous version of this report incorrectly said that Marilou Danley left Tokyo on September 25. She left on September 15."
Ok. I didn't see that and did have Tokyo and Hong Kong mixed up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

haha, have to agree with you. Poor Eric doesn't have the sense to keep quiet. I think a lot of 'family secrets' will be uncovered in this investigation. Wish I could find more on their background myself.
The family moved around a lot during the boys' early years. Around the time the father changed his name, so did the
mother. She used to be Irene, changed it to Delores when they moved to Arizona, I believe.
Lots of skeletons in this family closet.

I agree.

There was not as much estrangement between Steven Paddock and other family member as we are let to believe.

-Agreed. At least not with Eric, Mom and nephew. In May, less than 6 months ago he treated and joined Eric & nephew to a weekend bash in LV. I believe Eric wanted to keep the money train going and that’s what the relationship was primarily about-perks.

In 1960, when Stephen Paddock was 7, F.B.I. agents showed up at his family’s tidy white ranch house in the hills outside Tucson, Ariz.

Pat Paddock, who sold garbage disposals during the week, volunteered for the local search-and-rescue team and counseled wayward youths in his spare time.

criminal career spanned five decades, may have shaped the son.

When the F.B.I. arrested Mr. Paddock in 1960, friends and relatives tried to protect Stephen and his younger brothers. While federal agents were rifling through bedrooms and closets in the Tucson house, a neighbor took Stephen — the only one of the four Paddock boys who was old enough to realize what was going on — to the neighborhood swimming pool.

For years, a friend said, the boys were told their father was dead. They thought he was a mechanic — they thought he died from an accident working on cars,”

Patrick Paddock II, said on Tuesday that their mother never explained to them what had become of their father. “She kept that secret from the family,” he said.

erved in the Navy during World War II. Afterward, he landed in Chicago on the wrong side of the law: he was imprisoned in 1946 for stealing cars and running a confidence game. He was out long enough to marry in Reno, Nev., in 1952 and to father Stephen, before being imprisoned again in 1953 for a fraudulent check scheme, according to an Associated Press report.

“He was so attentive to his wife. He was so kind to the children, and he was always doing helpful things around the house.”
In town, he was active in the shortwave radio club

teller a snub-nosed revolver tucked in his belt, and fled in a stolen car that he abandoned a few blocks away to switch to the family’s new Pontiac

When the father died in 1998, a paid newspaper obituary listed only one son, Patrick, as a survivor.

mother supported the four boys, augmenting her wages as a postal worker by investing in stocks, Mr. Magee said.

They never talked about their father.

Patrick Paddock II said that he and his brothers all grew up with anger ...., in his case through military training over 17 years of service in the Air Force.

...“My brother was the most boring one in the family,” Patrick said of Stephen. “He was the least violent one.”

dad made money by turning back car odometers.

“He claimed that he’d been a Dixieland band singer, pilot, auto racing crew chief, Chicago Bears pro football player, survivor of World War II minesweeper sinking and a wrestler named ‘Crybaby,’ ” a columnist for The Eugene Register-Guard who interviewed Mr. Paddock at the time later wrote. “Some of that may have been true. With Bruce, you never knew.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/benjamin-paddock-stephen-paddock.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/stephen-paddock-vegas-shooter.html

I think so to -- I do not think guns are anywhere near how worshipped here but I suppose one could practice in like other countries for , how people describe it ,"fun"

How the noise and smells aren't a turn off in itself has remained a mystery to me.

I like going to the meat dept in the grocery store , with nice music and AC and making a selection -- ha!

much of this stuff imo is childhood -- exposure ! People need water -- it is not an innate need to go killing things for fun.

Play gun range if one wants to see if they can hit a bulls eye!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it is being eaten it is a lot like fishing IMO. If one wants feel a sense of accomplishment jump in and if you can catch up to a shark and beat its a@@ (!) hang it on ones wall. One wins!

If one wants a reindeer decoration for ones living room go out chase a reindeer down and if you beat it up its yours!

Just like chasing a football.. if you get the touchdown you earned the points!!!!

Arm wrestling ling IMO ok then

!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you CARIIS. God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Paddock, also has a criminal history, though none of his arrests were for serious offenses.
Police arrested Bruce Paddock several times in California dating back to 1982, court records show. The convictions include tampering with a vehicle, vandalism, driving with a revoked license and probation violations. All of the crimes resulted in probation or jail sentences of less than a year, California court records show. He also had drug and traffic violations in Santa Barbara.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...father-wanted-to-start-a-church-in-las-vegas/

In 1960, when Stephen Paddock was 7, F.B.I. agents showed up at his family’s tidy white ranch house in the hills outside Tucson, Ariz.

Pat Paddock, who sold garbage disposals during the week, volunteered for the local search-and-rescue team and counseled wayward youths in his spare time.

criminal career spanned five decades, may have shaped the son.

When the F.B.I. arrested Mr. Paddock in 1960, friends and relatives tried to protect Stephen and his younger brothers. While federal agents were rifling through bedrooms and closets in the Tucson house, a neighbor took Stephen — the only one of the four Paddock boys who was old enough to realize what was going on — to the neighborhood swimming pool.

For years, a friend said, the boys were told their father was dead. They thought he was a mechanic — they thought he died from an accident working on cars,”

Patrick Paddock II, said on Tuesday that their mother never explained to them what had become of their father. “She kept that secret from the family,” he said.

erved in the Navy during World War II. Afterward, he landed in Chicago on the wrong side of the law: he was imprisoned in 1946 for stealing cars and running a confidence game. He was out long enough to marry in Reno, Nev., in 1952 and to father Stephen, before being imprisoned again in 1953 for a fraudulent check scheme, according to an Associated Press report.

“He was so attentive to his wife. He was so kind to the children, and he was always doing helpful things around the house.”
In town, he was active in the shortwave radio club

teller a snub-nosed revolver tucked in his belt, and fled in a stolen car that he abandoned a few blocks away to switch to the family’s new Pontiac

When the father died in 1998, a paid newspaper obituary listed only one son, Patrick, as a survivor.

mother supported the four boys, augmenting her wages as a postal worker by investing in stocks, Mr. Magee said.

They never talked about their father.

Patrick Paddock II said that he and his brothers all grew up with anger ...., in his case through military training over 17 years of service in the Air Force.

...“My brother was the most boring one in the family,” Patrick said of Stephen. “He was the least violent one.”

dad made money by turning back car odometers.

“He claimed that he’d been a Dixieland band singer, pilot, auto racing crew chief, Chicago Bears pro football player, survivor of World War II minesweeper sinking and a wrestler named ‘Crybaby,’ ” a columnist for The Eugene Register-Guard who interviewed Mr. Paddock at the time later wrote. “Some of that may have been true. With Bruce, you never knew.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/benjamin-paddock-stephen-paddock.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/stephen-paddock-vegas-shooter.html

sounds like criminal disposition ruins in the DNA. A confidence man. interesting.

Would like to know how he exited the two legitimate jobs we know about. USPS and Martin-Marietta jobs.
Could it be he lacked the personal discipline to hold normal jobs? authority problems? co-worker problems?

According to the brother... so take it for what it’s worth ...

He went to work for the I.R.S. because he thought that’s where the money was, but it turned out the money wasn’t there,” the younger Mr. Paddock said. “He went to the aerospace industry but the money wasn’t there either. He went to real estate and that’s where the money was.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/stephen-paddock-vegas.amp.html

According to the brother... so take it for what it’s worth ...

He went to work for the I.R.S. because he thought that’s where the money was, but it turned out the money wasn’t there,” the younger Mr. Paddock said. “He went to the aerospace industry but the money wasn’t there either. He went to real estate and that’s where the money was.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/stephen-paddock-vegas.amp.html

If the money wasn't there in either of the two jobs, how did the money get there for real estate investing? Lots of skeletons in the closet.

If the money wasn't there in either of the two jobs, how did the money get there for real estate investing? Lots of skeletons in the closet.

exactly. Where did he get the start-up money to invest in real estate?

I believe one of his first investment properties, his mother was a partner. I'm speculating that Eric later became a partner
also, maybe Eric was the helper, laborer, fixer-upper who helped him improve the properties. this would explain why Eric sounds 'so beholding' towards Stephen. Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member