NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC TV news tonight Matt Guttman reporting says

"FBI is taking over the investigation trying to determine the timeline and motive.' then says something like'due to the
amount of information and all the people they need to talk to.....

Is this true?

I have never heard of the FBI taking over a state murder case as if they are pushing the other agencies aside. They can assist and do in many cases like this. They can run their own parallel investigation but the local jurisdiction is always the lead police agency in charge in state cases.

I have never heard of the FBI taking over a state murder case. They can assist and do in many cases like this. They can run their own parallel investigation but the local jurisdiction is always the lead police agency in charge in state cases.

Well that's what he said after they reported on today's pc. The rhoden case in Ohio did not have local LE as lead, it
was Atty. Gen. of Ohio and BCI who led the investigation.

Interview with under sheriff from Oct 10. Can't keep up with all the posts, so not sure if it's been linked here before.

What I learned.

1. The gun in the bedroom where the other window was broken was a single shot rifle that was used to shoot at the fuel tanks.
2. First shots on Campos were single, then "unloaded a significant' number of rounds" down the hallway.
3. He was asked about the girl who said she was warned people were going to die. Their way of disproving it is they reviewed all the images they found of Paddock before the event and shooter didn't meet with anyone before the shooting:rolleyes: Sheriff did say they have not completely disproved her account.
4. Over 1000 rounds were fired
5. Not one shot was fired by a police officer
6. They haven't figured out who leaked the photos of the shooter
7. Paddock made multiple trips to the room over the days
8. Shooter wasn't wearing a bullet-proof vest
9. Shooter drilled out the peephole in the door
10. Sheriff declined to comment on bump stocks

[video=youtube;CsiPYfgYcBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsiPYfgYcBI[/video]

Undersheriff is handling the media much better than the sheriff.. Much more learned from this radio interview than the press conferences.
Interesting facts as mentioned: single shot rifle in adjacent room (for the fuel tanks — I guess it would be a larger calibre)
Has anybody understood where the first shooting took place – really would like to know how this played down — Campos interrupts carpenter Paddock, who drops the power tools and gets an Ar15 and starts single shooting down the stairs (or up) or is this happening in the hallway (as it is later with maintenance/engineer guy who gets the full auto bump stock treatment)

Yes. He's in a different union. He's also healthy, uninjured and wasn't being stalked. He got out there in the news media fast. Campos is still healing from a gunshot wound, being hounded by the news media and a bunch of dangerous freaks.

We'll probably have to wait to see what the evidence shows - audio, video, etc.

ETA: MGM/Mandalay only cares about protecting their financial interests in upcoming liability lawsuits. They are not interested in a full investigation of the crime, finding justice for the victims and survivors/families or helping Campos. Their motivation is strictly financial.

-I recall reading about his injury and his quick release from the hospital. It was not detailed or specific. Does anyone have any other medical report of Campos injuries?

"FBI is taking over the investigation trying to determine the timeline and motive.' then says something like'due to the

Is this true?

Well, ABC is a fairly reliable news source. We'll see what they say. Didn't find anything yet on their web site.

Is this true?

I mean, that’s kind of what was alluded to during the press conference. Sounded like the Sheriff was handing the investigation over because LVMPD’s job (making sure the Vegas threat was mitigated) was done or something.

I really think blood, tox, gastric analysis are all standard and probably happening but not worth mentioning as opposed to sending brain off, which is not standard

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

-Even the way they have barely mentioned the gunshot in the mouth. As far as location, projections, lodged...
Is that odd or not?

No, it doesn't seem MGM blocked it. The other union member and the security guard took him to a health clinic but for whatever reason didn't tell the union boss.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...skips-tv-interviews-after-las-vegas-shooting/

Relevant quote from the article:

On Thursday at about 1 p.m., Hickey said he and the union’s local president took a meeting with MGM officials in the bedroom, while Campos, the other union member and a security guard hired by MGM to protect Campos waited in the living room.

At 2 p.m., when Hickey emerged from the meeting, he said Campos and the other people were gone.

Might be a good idea to retrieve poor Mr Campos, make sure he's safe and ask the people who took him away to testify under oath about who did what and why. The whole situation is very strange and hinky.

Well, ABC is a fairly reliable news source. We'll see what they say. Didn't find anything yet on their web site.

Yeah, uh huh. ABC reliable, FOX isn't. Got it. Sooo about that post last night, that the security guard fled because of Hannity...and that FOX lied about even doing an interview... I submit the following:

Hickey said Campos was scheduled to do the Sean Hannity show on Fox News at about 6 p.m. Thursday from a local TV studio. After that, he was going to do interviews with NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...skips-tv-interviews-after-las-vegas-shooting/

-Even the way they have barely mentioned the gunshot in the mouth. As far as location, projections, lodged...
Is that odd or not?

It is very odd to me but I guess we're just odd ducks in this ocean of questions. :thinking::coffeews:

I really think blood, tox, gastric analysis are all standard and probably happening but not worth mentioning as opposed to sending brain off, which is not standard

Tox screening can take at least 3-4, if not more, so it’s not weird that there has been no more mention of tox/alcohol. We won’t hear about those results for a while.

Is that odd or not?
Absolutely, we never even got a official breakdown of etc. # were actually shot, etc. # were trampled, etc. # were injured by trip/ falling running away from the gunfire etc. Think about it guys, these are standard questions and responses...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Spice, he is responsible for the conspiracy theories by not handling it as he should have to date.
How much time has passed and there was almost no new information.?
What does that foster?
stories,
I'm beginning to think in terms of conspiracies now myself and I never was before.

To withold information for this much time following a mass casualty event when the help of the general public is both requested and needed is to foster a bad climate for co-operation, catharsis or resolution.
We've done more work on websleuths in a single night!!
He is not responsible for the conspiracy theories. Those were born within a couple of hours of the shooting.

Sheriff said there is body cam, security cam and Campos entry in the security log to verify what he did and when. He said after being shot by Paddock, Campos contacted security office by both radio and cell phone. Campos responded to the alarm at 21:59, went up, inspected the door next to Paddock's room that had set off the alarm. Had to go down or up 1 floor to get back to 32 as the door was locked. At 22:05 Paddock shot Campo and Campo contacted security office. Its on hotel video and, apparently, body cam.

-Is there a link with the security log entry? I want to see that, please advise. TIA

Is that odd or not?

LE is in a position right now where, no matter what they say or do, CT folks will attack them. Had they not arranged for microscopic analysis of Paddock's brain, they would have been accused of hiding something, too. Better they have someone do it to remove any doubts about organic brain illness or dysfunction.

A difference in opinion does not make one a conspiracy and one not. There's lots of questions that remain unanswered about this shooting, and IMO will always be unanswered questions. Now, does that mean something? Just that the public is not informed about every detail. Even in trials we've followed here, the latest coming to my mind is Holly Bobo's murder. There remain unanswered questions. That doesn't mean the LE is corrupt, the DA corrupt, govt corrupt, family corrupt, etc. Simply means there are unanswered questions. May be important, may not be. It is what it is.

In the motive in this shooting....so far there doesn't appear to be something we would expect to see. Not affliated with a hate group, far leaning left or right agenda, no diagnosed mental illness, not a case of bullying, etc. Thus we, as sleuthers, and as the public, wonder just what the heck was his motive?!?! There has to be something. Might not be logical to us, but to this shooter, something urged him forward. Something made him believe his actions were meaningful. WHAT?!?! We still don't know. So then, as in many cases, we look at other motives. How many times has money been a motive? Far too many. Was it the motive here? We just don't know. But it's as viable motive as any other, IMO.

Relevant quote from the article:

Might be a good idea to retrieve poor Mr Campos, make sure he's safe and ask the people who took him away to testify under oath about who did what and why. The whole situation is very strange and hinky.
Betty P. I was NOT totally joking when I asked for proof of life... I think maybe some thought I was referring to him not being there/ CS theory etc., no my sweets, I was simply wanting to do a welfare check on J.C.,
Not it seems warranted, "What kind of health clinic" could J.C. have needed, what an odd term to use. As a matter of fact, the only time I have ever used that particular verbiage , is when I was referring to a " Mental Health Clinic"...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member