NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion, it's not about us. The last of the victims are gradually being released from the hospital.

Maybe it's in consideration to them to allow time to pass before they're bombarded with images of the lunatic while alive, at the time obviously had lurid thoughts of massacre on his brain - meanwhile they were only looking forward to a night of innocent fun, laughter and dancing.

Best. Post. Ever.

Link to lawyers being denied access? TIA
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/attorneys-visit-route-91-festival-shooting-site/848540384

Bbm

The attorneys say this is just the beginning. They hope to get copies of any drone video and other data collected by investigators in the hours following the shooting. The big sticking point is getting inside Mandalay Bay as the lawyers try to determine liability in this case.

"This is going to be step one, and next, hopefully the next week or so, hopefully we'll be able to go into the Mandalay Bay, into the shooter's room," Eiland said.

So my question still remains how is priest granted access to a crime scene but lawyers are not?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/attorneys-visit-route-91-festival-shooting-site/848540384

Bbm

The attorneys say this is just the beginning. They hope to get copies of any drone video and other data collected by investigators in the hours following the shooting. The big sticking point is getting inside Mandalay Bay as the lawyers try to determine liability in this case.

"This is going to be step one, and next, hopefully the next week or so, hopefully we'll be able to go into the Mandalay Bay, into the shooter's room," Eiland said.

So my question still remains how is priest granted access to a crime scene but lawyers are not?

I think we have to start with the fact that this is not an active crime scene, and wasn't an active crime scene, when the priest blessed it. As the original priest article stated, the 32nd floor was "released back to the hotel".

The second part, this looks like attorneys who want to view the room and floor to determine "liability", as to possibly sue the hotel, or determine if they should be sued. (I am sure they will be sued) Please correct me if I am wrong, but this appears to be about a possible civil suit or class action lawsuit, and really has nothing to do with the actual criminal investigation and forensic crime scene.

I understand your question. I would imagine, since the 32nd floor is no longer an active crime scene and has been released back to the hotel by authorities, Mandalay Bay's lawyers and these attorney's will be hammering out when Mandalay Bay will allow these attorneys onto the floor and into the room. It seems like a private matter and the hotel will do everything in its power and use every single resource it has to avoid liability .

Whether we like it or not, they are private company with a significant legal team. They can choose to allow a priest in if their attorneys advise them that there is nothing wrong with doing so legally. If they allowed a priest onto an active crime scene without permission from FBI and investigating authorities, that would be a problem.

It is their property, it is a privately owned property, they have cooperated with FBI and the investigation, their property was released back to them, that is really all they are required to do in the immediate aftermath.

"............What happened was this, the sheriff said: The security guard, Jesus Campos, had been alerted that a room on the 32nd floor had a door that had been held open for a long period of time. He found that the door to that floor from the stairwell had been barricaded, and he radioed in to report that at 9:59 p.m.

The mystery of Stephen Paddock — gambler, real estate investor, mass killer
Campos, Lombardo said, then took the stairs to the 33rd floor, exited, walked to the elevators and took one back down to the 32nd floor. He was shot in the leg as he walked outside Paddock’s door.

“So subsequently you have a couple minutes of him going up, going down the elevators and back down the hallway and then he encounters the suspect,” Lombardo said. “He receives a wound, he attempts to go through his radio and then he also confirms his communication with dispatch via cellphone.”

All of the timelines have shown that Paddock opened fire on the crowd at 10:05 p.m. What time did Campos report that he had been shot? Police have never said, and Lombardo didn’t elaborate on that in the televised interview...."
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-sheriff-20171102-story.html

IIRC JC said he was on the 31st floor when he got the call about the door alarm. So he uses the stairwell to the 32nd floor but it's blocked, calls in, then continues using the stairwell to the 33rd floor, takes the elevator back down to the 32nd floor, As he's heading down the hallway in the area of the fire escape blocked door and room 32135, he gets shot at and then calls in a second time..

Well okay, if we voted on versions this one does seem somewhat more logical to me.

Ive been catching up here and see posts stating JC had shrapnel in his pelvis, or his back. Here and in previous reports it was stated he had been shot in the leg. Can someone, anyone, please clarify this for me? TIA.

Interesting it was only found after his brother is in the spotlight moo

Police had been searching for him since August 2014!

He is scheduled to appear in court again today.

"Police found more than 600 child *advertiser censored* images on Bruce's computer, which was left behind in a Sun Valley auto repair shop where he squatted in 2014. But after he was evicted he disappeared and police had been searching for him ever since."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-led-child-*advertiser censored*-bust.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bbm

-There is more than one version from LE/MB about the 32flr status ‘post massacre’. One says positively no one is allowed, others have been allowed as necessary ‘but’....and on and on. I believe one says something like ‘it is non existent’ (shut off-demolished). I am not interested in looking for the link. All of this falls in line with the numerous inconsistencies on most everything.

Police had been searching for him since August 2014!

He is scheduled to appear in court again today.

"Police found more than 600 child *advertiser censored* images on Bruce's computer, which was left behind in a Sun Valley auto repair shop where he squatted in 2014. But after he was evicted he disappeared and police had been searching for him ever since."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-led-child-*advertiser censored*-bust.html

I should clarify here was only "arrested" after his brother was in the spotlight.

Ive been catching up here and see posts stating JC had shrapnel in his pelvis, or his back. Here and in previous reports it was stated he had been shot in the leg. Can someone, anyone, please clarify this for me? TIA.

-JC:left thigh shrapnel
-Victim: back shrapnel (his name is on the thread)

-There is more than one version from LE/MB about the 32flr status ‘post massacre’. One says positively no one is allowed, others have been allowed as necessary ‘but’....and on and on. I believe one says something like ‘it is non existent’ (shut off-demolished). I am not interested in looking for the link. All of this falls in line with the numerous inconsistencies on most everything.
Agreed which makes me wonder, if the lawyers aren't getting into MB because it's been released back to the hotel, the chances of anything concrete being known to the public is looking more and more grim. MOO

I should clarify here was only "arrested" after his brother was in the spotlight.

-Thanks Canadian, I haven’t had chance to layout the reported inconsistencies
from LE on Bruce’s info yet. They have attempted to make it look like they found him/his dirt separate and apart from SP.

I think we have to start with the fact that this is not an active crime scene, and wasn't an active crime scene, when the priest blessed it. As the original priest article stated, the 32nd floor was "released back to the hotel".

The second part, this looks like attorneys who want to view the room and floor to determine "liability", as to possibly sue the hotel, or determine if they should be sued. (I am sure they will be sued) Please correct me if I am wrong, but this appears to be about a possible civil suit or class action lawsuit, and really has nothing to do with the actual criminal investigation and forensic crime scene.

I understand your question. I would imagine, since the 32nd floor is no longer an active crime scene and has been released back to the hotel by authorities, Mandalay Bay's lawyers and these attorney's will be hammering out when Mandalay Bay will allow these attorneys onto the floor and into the room. It seems like a private matter and the hotel will do everything in its power and use every single resource it has to avoid liability .

Whether we like it or not, they are private company with a significant legal team. They can choose to allow a priest in if their attorneys advise them that there is nothing wrong with doing so legally. If they allowed a priest onto an active crime scene without permission from FBI and investigating authorities, that would be a problem.

It is their property, it is a privately owned property, they have cooperated with FBI and the investigation, their property was released back to them, that is really all they are required to do in the immediate aftermath.
And a priest's blessing rarely takes more than 5 minutes. I imagine the logistics of allowing multiple lawyers in for other very specific purposes, as well as for a greater length of time, is more complicated than letting a single man of the cloth say a blessing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

-JC:left thigh shrapnel
-Victim: back shrapnel (his name is on the thread)

Oh, gotcha, I didn’t read back far enough so thought the discussion was all about JC. Thank you! :)

What is inconsistent about it? Do you think MB will do all they can to avoid a lawsuit? Do you think that is why they are restricting access to as needed? Do you think that at one point it was totally restricted and then changed to 'as needed". Do you think it is up to MB's discretion after it ceases to be an active crime scene? (Whether we like that or not) Also, do you think that MB wants to also avoid "Looky Loo's" etc after the attack? I can see it now. People would be up there taking selfies. Gross.

Do people understand that this is a privately owned hotel and they can do whatever they want or whatever their legal team advises after it ceases to be an active crime scene? ( Which it has)

I don't understand all of the constant handwringing on these threads about conspiracy and "inconsistencies" on every little thing during a very very active investigation.

He was squatting prior to the shooting and then in a psych hospital during the shooting and SP was listed as his emergency contact. I imagine those two things contributed to his finally being found.

Correct.
SP was listed as his emergency contact and a nurse called Law Enforcement.
Now he is threatening to kill members of the staff!
He needs his own thread!!!
I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg with him.
"Las Vegas shooter's brother threatened to kill nursing home employees, report says"
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/0...-kill-nursing-home-employees-report-says.html
MOO

Is MB legally required to allow the lawyers access? Are they breaking any laws by not granting their requests for permission to view the crime scene?

IMO MGM Corp is the one entity in all of this that could potentially have a lot to loose. I don' know the laws and how much responsibility they have in this or maybe none at all. That will all be hammered out in the courts. I also believe they have rights just like any other corporation and I do not hold it against them for using those rights. The lawyers doing the lawsuits will also use the rights they are entitled to.
Regarding the lawyers not having access at this point, what is the law? Do they have to let any lawyer that has filed a lawsuit onto the 32nd floor or do they have the right to deny until the courts require them to?
IMO it really comes down to the law, and lawyers complaining on tv can sure make it sound like MGM Corp is denying them the right to see the room when for all I know MGM has every right to deny them at this point.

Is MB legally required to allow the lawyers access? Are they breaking any laws by not granting their requests for permission to view the crime scene?
Yes they are since a judges ruling as reported on Oct 20th
[video=cnn;cnnmoney/2017/10/18/ellen-security-guard-las-vegas-jesus-campos-sje-lon-orig.cnnmoney]http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/us/las-vegas-shooting-mgm-evidence/index.html[/video]

"This order prevents MGM from sanitizing and destroying evidence of the hotel room the shooter used before victim's representatives have their one chance to inspect and photograph the room," said attorney Brian Nettles in a press release.

Also it's so unsafe a priest is allowed access Oct 26 but they want to keep the lawyers out because it is unsafe in its current condition as of October 20? I wonder what is so unsafe about it besides 2 windows missing?

"What remains will be preserved, but it's frankly unsafe to keep (the hotel room) in its current condition," said Brad Brian, an attorney who argued on behalf of MGM Thursday.

I don't care how long the priest was in there, how dare they put someone's life at risk if it is this unsafe lawyers cant be in there.

Moo

Yes they are since a judges ruling as reported on Oct 20th
[video=cnn;cnnmoney/2017/10/18/ellen-security-guard-las-vegas-jesus-campos-sje-lon-orig.cnnmoney]http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/us/las-vegas-shooting-mgm-evidence/index.html[/video]

"This order prevents MGM from sanitizing and destroying evidence of the hotel room the shooter used before victim's representatives have their one chance to inspect and photograph the room," said attorney Brian Nettles in a press release.

Also it's so unsafe a priest is allowed access Oct 26 but they want to keep the lawyers out because it is unsafe in its current condition as of October 20? I wonder what is so unsafe about it besides 2 windows missing?

"What remains will be preserved, but it's frankly unsafe to keep (the hotel room) in its current condition," said Brad Brian, an attorney who argued on behalf of MGM Thursday.

I don't care how long the priest was in there, how dare they put someone's life at risk if it is this unsafe lawyers cant be in there.

Moo

The order bans them from sanitizing or destroying the area. It does not say anything about not blessing it or having a spiritual cleanse conducted. Unsafe could equal two broken windows. A suicidal person could jump. Or a person could fall out. Unless the priest was suicidal, or really beyond careless, I'm not sure how they put his life in danger. They can bless the room if they want to. It is their property. I think its hyperbolic to accuse MGM of putting a priest's life in danger.They asked him to bless it for the sake of their employees and their comfort. He agreed. What is the issue?

Also beyond blessing the hallway, how do we know the Priest did not stand in the doorway of the actual room to bless it? This would avoid roaming the room / running into safety hazards.

Apparently they are not allowed to clean the area to preserve the way it looked post massacre until victims reps have their one chance at photographing the room. I don't see where it says they are ordered to give them access to the room right this minute. Its just ordering that they cannot clean or take a wrecking ball too it. Blessing the area is not cleaning it. It doesn't appear they did anything wrong. Where are they in defiance of the order?

And if promise you, if MGM corp is barring them access and defying an order, they will take it to a judge and gain immediate access through a warrant. Don't be fooled by the showboating of attorneys who are salivating at a huge lawsuit and payoff. That is what they do

I am all for victims and their families receiving some sort of restitution if MGM is found liable.

Do not expect a massive hotel corp, with an enormous legal team, and unlimited resources, to just open the door and be like "Oh you want to sue us? SURE come on in!" It's never going to happen. They could drag this lawsuit out for years by playing chess and probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper