NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
***eta: There are no obtained border documents to confirm his exit from the us, or time length outside of the us.

-he had trouble sleeping so he drove to Mexico on Friday and returned on Sunday. That’s another ‘scratch your head’??? Sleeping in a luxury hotel, room service with the treating hospital close by for ANY possible issues ‘pain med and insomnia’ sure beats renting a car-acquiring certain insurance necessary for driving outside of the US, and driving with a serious wound.

I tried to search the thread for the article that I recall being posted at a later date saying he didn't end up going into Mexico. I have little luck with searching within a thread, though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

-where was it that he went? No need for the link.

-he had trouble sleeping so he drove to Mexico on Friday and returned on Sunday. That’s another ‘scratch your head’??? Sleeping in a luxury hotel, room service with the treating hospital close by for ANY possible issues ‘pain med and insomnia’ sure beats renting a car-acquiring certain insurance necessary for driving outside of the US, and driving with a serious wound.
This is what I think happened. I think he had the trip planned ahead of time to see family. Then this happened. He wasn't sure if he was going to go, given all that had happened. But then he finds he's not sleeping, is having a hard time mentally, family suggests he come to them, he asks authorities if he can go, they say yes. He starts driving, maybe has more pain than he thought he would, or whatever. Calls the family, they decide to meet on this side to ease his trip. They do that, and he comes back.

This is my speculation based on having driven an ungodly amount of miles just to see if I could ease my mind by being with family.

-
***eta: There are no obtained border documents to confirm his exit from the us, or time length outside of the us.

What documentation is there when people cross the border into Mexico from the US via a car?

ETA - even if there is documentation of him crossing into Mexico, why would you expect for it to be publicized? Homeland security has way better things to do than provide documentation to satisfy CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I think happened. I think he had the trip planned ahead of time to see family. Then this happened. He wasn't sure if he was going to go, given all that had happened. But then he finds he's not sleeping, is having a hard time mentally, family suggests he come to them, he asks authorities if he can go, they say yes. He starts driving, maybe has more pain than he thought he would, or whatever. Calls the family, they decide to meet on this side to ease his trip. They do that, and he comes back.

This is my speculation based on having driven an ungodly amount of miles just to see if I could ease my mind by being with family.

This is obviously the most reasonable explanation. Although I’m still curious why JCs actions and movements are being questioned. He’s a victim.

-
I can only find this saying documents only show he re_entered the US.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/jesus-campos-reportedly-left-the-country-days-after-vegas-massacre/

Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos mysteriously left the country just days after the Las Vegas massacre, a report says.

Customs and Border Patrol documents obtained by Fox News show that the 25-year-old entered the United States from Mexico at the San Ysidro border crossing in California — one week after the mass shooting.

It’s unclear how long Campos was out of the country. The documents only show that he re-entered the US.

The young man reportedly crossed the border at the same location in January.

While Campos was driving his own vehicle with Nevada plates during that trip, sources told Fox he took a rental car this time around — which was registered in California.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I can only find this saying documents only show he re_entered the US.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/jesus-campos-reportedly-left-the-country-days-after-vegas-massacre/

Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos mysteriously left the country just days after the Las Vegas massacre, a report says.

Customs and Border Patrol documents obtained by Fox News show that the 25-year-old entered the United States from Mexico at the San Ysidro border crossing in California — one week after the mass shooting.

It’s unclear how long Campos was out of the country. The documents only show that he re-entered the US.

The young man reportedly crossed the border at the same location in January.

While Campos was driving his own vehicle with Nevada plates during that trip, sources told Fox he took a rental car this time around — which was registered in California.

Probably bc you can just walk into Mexico with no ID. It’s coming back to the US that is an issue. Refer to the mcstay family case and how for a while LE speculated they just walked into Mexico and never came back.

to me it seems more like getting something out of the country. Possibly a hard drive?

to drive for like 9 hours round trip plus deal with getting and returning the car ( which in itself is not normal -- he has driven there in his own car before) .

Family down there needed sleep so lets minus some more "family" time so in reality if you really think about it he had what 5 hours with family

the whole notion that an employer "approved" an employee seeing family is also bizarre

we have to recall that the hero silliness was based on a totally wrong scenario.

moo
Let's not forget he was driving with a wound (or as a passenger this is unclear), then taken to Quick care sometime after his return?

“Psychologically many tourists may view a border crossing as akin to a toll plaza, but their carelessness makes long lines longer.
Over the last few years I’ve crossed both the northern and southern borders by car and bus, as well as on foot, and I can testify to the long lines. There’s plenty of room for improvement at the Department of Homeland Security, but many travelers could help reduce those wait times as well”

“While much has been written here about interminable lines for TSA screening at the nation’s airports, the lines at the borders can take not minutes but HOURS to clear. In some cases, unfortunately, it’s due to travelers themselves who are ill-prepared on what to expect.

“For the record, the CBP has the legal authority to search you, your vehicle and your belongings when you enter or re-enter the United States. If you’re new to this process, you may want to download the CBP’s What to Expect When You Return”

-Check any CBP or GOES site for info. I personally have Global Entry for outside US.

-HOURS

-Insurance is a tedious issue.

• Driving over. The U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs provides details for U.S. citizens driving outside our borders, including inside Canada and Mexico. The most important issue is car insurance, since your current policy may not provide coverage outside the U.S. You should learn more about insurance requirements in Canada and Mexico. And though it may seem obvious, it’s worth stating some road signs will be in French up north and Spanish down south, and speed limits and gasoline pumps (in Canada) will reflect the metric system.

•CROSSING VIA RENTAL CAR. This can get very tricky very quickly, so it’s not something you want to inquire about at the last minute. Policies vary from rental firm to rental firm, so it’s critical you confirm in advance if it’s okay to drive a rented vehicle outside the U.S. Complicating matters, there also may be policy differences between corporate and franchised locations of the same brand. For Canadian crossings, one key issue is obtaining a Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Card (which often is free), but some rental counters may not always stock.

•As for Mexico, Hertz in Los Angeles requires a Mexican Insurance Policy and charges a daily rate by vehicle. Avis in San Diego states only corporate account customers are allowed over the border “with certain restrictions.” Bottom line: These rules and regs can vary widely, so research such policies when booking, not at the rental counter.

Maybe he took a rental car because it was an automatic and his was a standard. :twocents:

Not unusual at all. He'd been through a traumatic experience , was recovering from a gunshot wound and was being chased by loony CT celebrities. Taking a weekend trip to visit his family is very logical. No doubt he rented a car so he wouldn't be followed by the loonies.

I wonder if he has considered bringing a lawsuit against some of the crazies who are making a fortune from harassing him? Richard Jewell successfully sued the major news outlets that falsely accused him of being a bomber.

Not unusual at all. He'd been through a traumatic experience , was recovering from a gunshot wound and was being chased by loony CT celebrities. Taking a weekend trip to visit his family is very logical. No doubt he rented a car so he wouldn't be followed by the loonies.

I wonder if he has considered bringing a lawsuit against some of the crazies who are making a fortune from harassing him? Richard Jewell successfully sued the Mahon news outlets that falsely accused him of being a bomber.

If not, he should. Sometimes a lawsuit and restraining order is all people can understand.

• Driving over. The U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs provides details for U.S. citizens driving outside our borders, including inside Canada and Mexico. The most important issue is car insurance, since your current policy may not provide coverage outside the U.S. You should learn more about insurance requirements in Canada and Mexico. And though it may seem obvious, it’s worth stating some road signs will be in French up north and Spanish down south, and speed limits and gasoline pumps (in Canada) will reflect the metric system.

•CROSSING VIA RENTAL CAR. This can get very tricky very quickly, so it’s not something you want to inquire about at the last minute. Policies vary from rental firm to rental firm, so it’s critical you confirm in advance if it’s okay to drive a rented vehicle outside the U.S. Complicating matters, there also may be policy differences between corporate and franchised locations of the same brand. For Canadian crossings, one key issue is obtaining a Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Card (which often is free), but some rental counters may not always stock.

•As for Mexico, Hertz in Los Angeles requires a Mexican Insurance Policy and charges a daily rate by vehicle. Avis in San Diego states only corporate account customers are allowed over the border “with certain restrictions.” Bottom line: These rules and regs can vary widely, so research such policies when booking, not at the rental counter.

How is any of this relevant? JC is considered a hero, not a suspect. Why should he be victimized unfairly just because he's Hispanic?

-Agree, no reason to lie or cover up.

It's against the law for health care providers to reveal patient informaation. They cannot reveal if someone received care at their facility . We've already discussed this topic.

I rent a car and cross international borders regularly. A lot of people do.
You rent a car. You tell them where you're going. Hand them your license and credit card, sign your name and go. It's not tedious at all. It's super simple and they do it every. day.

I don't see what this has to do with anything, or what it proves.

As an employee, he probably had to submit a request for days off, which is known as scheduled leave. With this, his leave would have been pre-planned and company-approved.

That is the difference between scheduled leave and unscheduled leave. Unscheduled leave usually happens, for example, when the car battery goes dead and the person can't make it into work on time, or they've come down sick and have to call in.

Was JC an employee or was he sub_contracted out to MGM?
I’ve heard both so I’m a bit confused.

If JC worked for a subcontracted security firm, it would be unusual to seclude him by MGM, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper