GUILTY NV - Jason Rimer, 4, disabled, dies in hot car, Las Vegas, 8 June 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
July 2nd,

(Las Vegas, NV) -- There's new information about the family of Jason Rimer, the four-year-old boy who was found dead in his family's SUV last month. KLAS-TV says according to public records, the boy's grandfather is in prison for abusing a different child.

Stanley Rimer Senior was found guilty of forcing his eleven-year-old stepdaughter into a polygamous marriage.

According to reports about the 2005 trial, the 76-year-old Rimer was sentenced to more than a hundred years in an Arizona prison, and believed the girl was his spiritual wife. The victim claimed Stanley Rimer Senior forced her to have sex with him daily.

~more at link~

God that is truly revolting.....this whole family bar the kids are revolting it seems:mad:

Children in this situation have no chance it seems......all those calls and visits yet they were left in that home. This really annoys me:mad:

Another Child dies being left in a hot SUV, sadly no one seems to care. This 4 year old was also disabled

Story by Jane Morrison LVRJ.com

~Snippets
"If your child were found dead, would you show emotion?

Colleen and Stan Rimer didn't when their 4-year-old disabled son, Jason, died in their Ford Excursion, dressed in the clothes he'd worn to church.

Colleen calmly called 311, which isn't even the emergency number, and said her son was "cold and not moving."

While waiting for paramedics, her husband sat in the front seat of the sport utility vehicle. He told police he didn't try to revive his son because he knew he was dead. He never touched his son. Then he decided he was thirsty and went back into the house for a drink of water.

Think about what Jason Rimer went through for those 17 hours, both physically and emotionally. Even with his disabilities, he must have wondered why nobody came to find him. He must have thought nobody cared. "
http://www.lvrj.com/news/24004404.html

Yup, I know many will say that the parents are suffering enough yada, yada but I never came close to forgetting my Son. And those I am closest to don't EVER forget their Children either. I don't like these being called accidents and having pity on the ones who lets these precious little ones suffer.

Sly

This is from the link above:

Starting 20 years ago, child protection authorities had their first of many contacts with the Rimer family. Since 1988, there were about 21 contacts, including five since Jason was born. Only twice were the neglect allegations substantiated: once in 1988 and again in 1991.

Seems this family has been investigated before for neglect. Even though these stories usually make me sad and I feel bad for the parents, this story makes me angry. I have a really hard time believing that they didn't notice their 4yr old with special needs was missing. And when they did find him they showed no emotion. :furious:

I feel no pity at all for these parents. I really think they deserve life in prison because this was NO accident. This was murder. This was a child they did not want because he was "to much". He was disabled and had issues. They did not love him, they did not take care of him, they abused him then they murdered him.

I really do wonder if this was an "accident". Or, well the child is too much trouble, lets put him in the car, and just "happen" to forget about him. This way he will die, and we will claim that "we just" forgot him and in the end, we will not have to care for him or about him.

I really do wonder how many of these "accidents" are just pre-mediated murder covered up as "opps" we forgot.

Thank you Salem for pointing out that there was already a thread about precious little Jason (I started another thread today).

I hadn't heard about it until way early this morning when I was catching up on Jane Morrison's LVRJ stories.

Never will I believe a PARENT could forget a/their Child. These stories make me so sick.
I have forgotten my coffee cup on my truck's toolbox and I can't count the times I took off with the gas cap still sitting on the truck's bed railing after filling up, for two years I worked 60 hours a week while taking 21 credit each quarter (but one) and managed to never forget when my Son's T-Ball or soccer games were let alone forget him.

A girlfriend once left her big purse on the trunk of my car but we NEVER forgot our Children.

This is actually a most easy way IMO to get away with killing a Child and getting a pity party to boot. Makes me sick to think that there are (ugg) parents who's first concerns, thoughts and actions do not revolve around their precious Children. They brought them into this world and should be their utmost concern IMO.

Sly

Hi Sly - glad to see you here! As you can see, there is so much more to this story then just some forgetful parents!

Poor Jason, may he rest in peace and may he have justice.

Salem

Yup Salem, I just got through reading the 5 pages and relieved that others also believe Children should be the utmost concern of parents at all times. NO EXCUSES!
Those who don't are the ones that have these accidents IMO.

IMO there's NEVER an excuse for such 'accidents'!
And to make matters worse trying to put the blame onto the living Children, how frickin pathetic!!!
What a stigma to go along with the hurt of the death of your disabled baby brother. Plus knowing the ones that brought you into this world are low lives and treat you like the trash they have you living in.

How do these people go to church yet bring their Children back to a filthy house and let them fend for themselves for food on Sunday. Did the church know how they lived and did nothing for these Children?
Dang, me and my Son never went to church but always if we could had our nicest dinner on Sundays. It was always our most sacred day of the week.

I know that there was never a night I went to bed without kissing my Son goodnight while he still lived under my roof. It was also when I checked to make sure he brushed his teeth when he was young.
How do you not know your DISABLED 4 year old is MISSING for 17 HOURS and it's not even one of the (ugg) parents that find him after those 17 hours!!!

The one article said the (ugg) mom never drove the truck but did that day.

How sad that one boy had to find his dead little Brother and even with such important news have to be afraid to tell these for fear of being called stupid.

Like I typed in the thread I started, I so wish their punishment was the same as they sentenced Jason. And as a bonus the knowing they could not reproduce.

That poor oldest Daughter, what hell she must have lived through! And yet the (ugg) parents place blame on her for calling CPS. I'm happy she lived to make those calls if she did!
They have placed the blame on everyone but themselves and have more excuses that Death Valley has jack rabbits.

Sly

The last two lines of Jane Morrison story:
"Think about what Jason Rimer went through for those 17 hours, both physically and emotionally. Even with his disabilities, he must have wondered why nobody came to find him. He must have thought nobody cared."
http://www.lvrj.com/news/24004404.html

Breaks my heart!

Sly

I have to admit, I take issue with her classification of the mom. From Sly's link above:
"It's hard to muster sympathy for the Las Vegas couple. They admitted they lost track of Jason, who behaved more like a 2-year-old because of his myotonic dystrophy, inherited from his meek, subservient mom."

I don't see her as meek or subservient. I see her as a tyrant, to lazy to care for her children!

Salem

Think about what Jason Rimer went through for those 17 hours, both physically and emotionally. Even with his disabilities, he must have wondered why nobody came to find him. He must have thought nobody cared. "

The sad fact is that no one did care, Sly.

He was probably an emotional and financial burden to them and little else. IMO

I really do wonder if this was an "accident". Or, well the child is too much trouble, lets put him in the car, and just "happen" to forget about him. This way he will die, and we will claim that "we just" forgot him and in the end, we will not have to care for him or about him.

I really do wonder how many of these "accidents" are just pre-mediated murder covered up as "opps" we forgot.

I think they should be charged with murder 1! I hope LE thoroughly investigate this.

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Coroner: Jason Rimer Died Of Heat Stress [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Officials from the Clark County Coroner's office have determined the cause of death of a boy who was discovered in his family's driveway.[/FONT]

Death Ruled Homicide, Officials Say
POSTED: 3:29 pm PDT July 18, 2008
UPDATED: 4:18 pm PDT July 18, 2008

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]7-25-08[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Rimer's Children Kept Together [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Clark County courts say that Colleen and Stan Rimer's four minor children will be in kept together -- but in an unknown location[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]7-25-08[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Rimer's Children Kept Together [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Clark County courts say that Colleen and Stan Rimer's four minor children will be in kept together -- but in an unknown location[/FONT]

Thank you for this update Tom'sGirl. At least the other kids have each other.

I am disgusted with these so called parents.:mad:

July 23rd:
Rimers To Face All Charges
Couple Indicted On Suspicion Of Children's Neglect, Toddler's Death

LAS VEGAS -- The parents of a 4-year-old boy who was found dead in their SUV have been indicted on all charges in connection with the case.

Colleen and Stan Rimer face seven charges in connection with Jason's death and their care of four other minor children: second-degree murder, child abuse and neglect and five counts of child abuse and neglect or endangerment.

and

During the following investigation, agents determined that the Rimer's care of their other minor children was also questionable.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/16969899/detail.html

July 23rd:
Rimers To Face All Charges
Couple Indicted On Suspicion Of Children's Neglect, Toddler's Death

LAS VEGAS -- The parents of a 4-year-old boy who was found dead in their SUV have been indicted on all charges in connection with the case.

Colleen and Stan Rimer face seven charges in connection with Jason's death and their care of four other minor children: second-degree murder, child abuse and neglect and five counts of child abuse and neglect or endangerment.

and

During the following investigation, agents determined that the Rimer's care of their other minor children was also questionable.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/16969899/detail.html

Thanks for this update, SewingDeb. Based on everything I have read, these parents should definitely be charged. My prayers for this family.

In regards to Phil Rimer having trouble with CPS, FYI, the trouble was emotional rejection of a minor. The 16 year old minor was an "At risk" teen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back