NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Telles was comedy gold. Pure and unapologetic bonkers behaviour. Less than an hour to deliberate I think.

RT would be a nightmare client for an attorney, I feel for his team.

At first I didnt like the defense attorney but once I started listening to Telles I realized he was in a horrible position. Not only a guilty client but one who probably directed most, if not all, of the defense. I hope his check cashed. Telles spent a lot of money on this trial and depending on his net worth might not be leaving much for his family. If he was concerned about his family he would have taken a plea deal and saved the money for his kids.

One thing that was very annoying about the defense attorney is making a habit of beginning rebuttal questions with "To be clear".... Most of the questions following this statement made things vastly "unclear" and he did it repeatedly. IMHO an extremely poor tactic to use when trying to make a counter point with a jury.

Will RT deliver his own closing argument ?
More comedy gold if he does? Just goes to show a distinct lack of self-awareness of how he comes across to jurors.

It seems to me he is using the trial to roleplay at criminal defense.

I think I’m just stunned at how anybody could think they’d do a narrative testimony well when the evidence is so damning but maybe this wasn’t his choice as people have pointed out, his attorney’s might have told him they’d play no part as they thought he was going to lie.

I had not kept up on this case, but was sick this weekend and caught most if the trial. RT is the oddest man ever. His expressions, super fake demeanor, and bizarre diatribes on the stand are something I’ll remember always.

Thank God he was so stupid, I wonder how he’ll do in prison?

Upon cross-examination of Telles, prosecuting attorney Chris Hamner interrogated the former Public Administrator, calling into question Telles’ belief of a vast conspiracy orchestrated by several Public Administrator’s office officials, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department detectives, officers, and even officials from LVMPD’s DNA lab, alongside individuals from a local real estate company. At the conclusion of the trial’s ninth day, Hamner dropped a piece of blockbuster evidence: an image of a message not present on either Telles’ phone or his wife’s phone but that was present on Telles’ wife’s Apple Watch. The message appeared to have been sent at the time of German’s murder from Telles’ wife to Telles, asking, “Where are you?”

“I’m not crazy. I’m not trying to avoid responsibility,” Telles told them Friday to end his second and final round of self-guided testimony before the prosecution and defense rested their cases. “I didn’t kill Mr. German and I’m innocent.”

“I wasn’t happy about them,” Telles told prosecutor Christopher Hamner, referring to the articles. “I don’t know that I ever hated him,” he said of German

“I’m not the kind of person who could brutally murder another man,” Telles said Friday, “and then go to the gym and then go pick up my children. I can’t imagine being that kind of person.”

JMOO but this Judge is really breezing through the first part of Jury Instructions.

Anyone else feel she’s reading very quickly?
I’d have trouble focusing on any part of what she’s reading; thankfully the jury has written copies to follow along with in real-time.

I had not kept up on this case, but was sick this weekend and caught most if the trial. RT is the oddest man ever. His expressions, super fake demeanor, and bizarre diatribes on the stand are something I’ll remember always.

Thank God he was so stupid, I wonder how he’ll do in prison?
I don't think I was aware until he mentioned them, that RT has young children (or at least young enough to need to be picked up). I agree with your assessment of him. I too find him odd and will go one further and say I wouldn't be shocked if he was found to have malignant narcissistic personality tendencies by a professional if he were ever to be evaluated.

Makes me wonder what he was like to live with from his family's perspective.
----------
They describe Telles as changing his demeanor on a dime — from antagonistic and nasty to soft-spoken and caring. County employees called him “tri-polar,” as his pleasantries would give way to hateful bursts of rage in mere minutes.
A reporter’s killing revealed a decade of Robert Telles’ toxic behavior

very lengthy article with a lot of info about various accusations against RT that JG was publicly bringing to light.

I don't think I was aware until he mentioned them, that RT has young children (or at least young enough to need to be picked up). I agree with your assessment of him. I too find him odd and will go one further and say I wouldn't be shocked if he was found to have malignant narcissistic personality tendencies by a professional if he were ever to be evaluated.

Makes me wonder what he was like to live with from his family's perspective.
----------
They describe Telles as changing his demeanor on a dime — from antagonistic and nasty to soft-spoken and caring. County employees called him “tri-polar,” as his pleasantries would give way to hateful bursts of rage in mere minutes.
A reporter’s killing revealed a decade of Robert Telles’ toxic behavior

very lengthy article with a lot of info about various accusations against RT that JG was publicly bringing to light.

Wow, the article just confirmed how much of a loser he really is and has been over the years.

the only somewhat intriguing part of defense closing IMOO was the blown up image of the video with someone who appears to MAYBE have a slightly different profile ….but the direct shadow and lack of any real visible details make it hard to really think it’s someone else for sure. Combine that with the inability to refute any of the other really damning details highlighted by the State make this little detail likely to just come out in the wash in the end.

But we shall see.

Attachments

• IMG_6477.jpeg
    IMG_6477.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 3
the only somewhat intriguing part of defense closing IMOO was the blown up image of the video with someone who appears to MAYBE have a slightly different profile ….but the direct shadow and lack of any real visible details make it hard to really think it’s someone else for sure. Combine that with the inability to refute any of the other really damning details highlighted by the State make this little detail likely to just come out in the wash in the end.

But we shall see.
I just got to this bit too - I agree, appears interesting but clear shadow and lack of distinguishing features makes it hard.

But we shall see.

State is saying it's likely a construction worker - but it's also possible that since Telles was in disguise, he had a hairpiece/wig on his head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagan25
Back