Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has he been in custody, and he hasn’t given up Naomi’s location? Not good.
If she's no longer with us, his a
Respectfully, in the shock of what happened in her car (remember it took all of three minutes), she would not have had a lot of use for a self defense course. I agree that it is empowering and I recommend doing it, but sadly you can't prepare for every situation and it would be dangerous to assume nobody can harm you :(
I have a CCW and always travel with one or two pistols in my vehicle. I carry when walking my two small dogs in the woods. We have a dangerous dog in our neighborhood that has attacked other dogs before. My dogs have a stroller [my one dog is elderly] and I also have a long bladed knife and a pepper blaster in the stroller. My dog stroller is packing. Safety first.

Finding more of a record on Driver:

According to the report, Driver's criminal record stretches back to 1992 when the 12 year old was sentenced to community service for shooting a deer out of season.
In 1994, Driver was sentenced to formal probation after being convicted of a residential break-in in which several firearms were taken and the burglary of the Quality Firearms store on Orr Springs Rd.
Ten months later he was removed from his parents' home and lodged in the Shasta Youth Connection facility after he pointed an automatic pistol at another youth while demanding information, the report continues.
In an interview Driver said he and "some friends had decided they would be able to do some robberies to get some cigarettes and possibly some money".
C (the person preparing this report for the courts back in 1998) described Driver as quite the charmer who provided him with all the right answers.
But according to juvenile hall records, Driver had received numerous write ups while in custody, threatening staff members, refused to follow directions and had caused numerous problems during transport to and from court. During his time at juvenile hall, C said, Driver also had faked a suicide attempt.
"I also believe Mr Driver was more involved in this case than we are led to believe," C concluded.

The article goes on to state Driver admitted to being a heavy drinker, starting at age 16, and a "heavy" daily user of marijuana since age 15. Needing to "take a hit" every 5 mins.

26 Sep 1997, Page 1 - Ukiah Daily Journal at Newspapers.com
Thank you Ilex for this excellent information. Quite the problem child wasn't he

Apologies if someone has already done this, but I went on google maps and it looks like the photo released of the suspects car was taken outside of the Sherwin Williams on Duffy Rd.
Google Maps
From street view you can see the same iron fence, same landscape rocks, same fencing on the opposite side of the road, etc. Duffy road runs NE/SW and based on the shadows cast by the suspects car (and a basic sundial) it would seem that the surveillance photo was taken around 1:30pm. I’m no expert, so please correct me if I’m wrong here. But interesting to think that he might not have dumped her car over there right away….
30584BE8-423F-4E82-A480-D161E1CAB034.jpeg

According to the Heavy.com article about him, his sister was also involved in the 1997 murder case and the robberies. They must have been a nightmare for their parents. Members of a gang perhaps?

Troy Driver: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Good grief! You guys, I don't understand why he was even out on the streets. He's been a wreck since he was young. I absolutely believe in second chances but 3rd, 4th, 5th and helping in a murder.... no way! Ugh, this makes me sick.

This was suppose to include post #459 from @Ilex also.

According to the Heavy.com article about him, his sister was also involved in the 1997 murder case and the robberies. They must have been a nightmare for their parents. Members of a gang perhaps?

Troy Driver: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Perhaps it's the opposite, they were nightmares because of the lack of parenting they received, MOO.

The more we learn, the more I fear Naomi is deceased. Troy Driver has a penchant for violence, he may have hidden/controlled it in recent years. But it was still there.

Why now, why Naomi?

Fallon and Lovelock have soooo much area that he could hide her. My brother lives in Lovelock and is part of the court system. I am praying for her family.

Given his past, and given the fact that he “helped” his friend in lying in wait to kill the boyfriend. Could he have kidnapped her for someone else? A professional hire?? Maybe just maybe she could be alive?! I just want to believe in a better outcome.

He is a monster.

Sadly, in the world we live in today, you can never be too careful. I am a healthy man, and I would not sit in a car alone in the dark in a public parking lot with only a handful of cars and a closed store, without having my car doors locked, especially if I were going to be paying attention to my phone more than my surroundings. In this time when almost everyone is glued to their smartphones, and I am guilty of that, and many have earbuds in, please look at this and realize, it could happen to any of us.

Just because you are a good person doesn't mean everyone you encounter every day is too. JMO

ETA We do not know that her car doors had been unlocked the entire time, It has been suggested that she was about to get out when the attacker approached her.
I have to agree. She was young and I am certainly not blaming this poor girl, but you have to be aware of your surroundings, always. Leave the car running and doors locked until you exit. If someone is approaching at 5am in a dark lot with hardly anyone else around, drive away. You have to be aware of what is happening around you.

The shuttle service/company could offer these tips!

This Cessna has been flying at about 4700 ft for quite a while. Certainly seems to be either monitoring, coordinating, or participating in a search. Please let today be the day...

Attachments

• upload_2022-3-26_15-26-17.png
    upload_2022-3-26_15-26-17.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 37
I havent read he worked in Reno. Did I miss something.

My mistake. I assumed he worked at Ledcor in Reno, but it was Ledcor in Elko.

upload_2022-3-26_13-19-15.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/troy-driver-49798212a

upload_2022-3-26_13-20-42.png

https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/address/nv/elko/osino/471/10

Driving time from Elko to Fallon is 3h45m, so he was not commuting from Fallon to work in Elko. Yet, he was arrested in Fallon on a Friday afternoon.

Was he visiting friends in Fallon when arrested? Did he spend weekends in Fallon? Was he no longer working at Ledcor and had not updated his LinkedIn profile?

Regarding the convenience store where Naomi was last seen prior to abduction at the Walmart parking lot, the suspect could still stop at the Fox Peak convenience store/gas station at 5 AM driving from Fallon to Elko, or perhaps he had other reasons to be in Fernley at that time of day. I doubt that the first time he saw her was at Walmart, and also doubt that she befriended him on social media.

upload_2022-3-26_13-28-39.png
Google Maps

Finding more of a record on Driver:

According to the report, Driver's criminal record stretches back to 1992 when the 12 year old was sentenced to community service for shooting a deer out of season.
In 1994, Driver was sentenced to formal probation after being convicted of a residential break-in in which several firearms were taken and the burglary of the Quality Firearms store on Orr Springs Rd.
Ten months later he was removed from his parents' home and lodged in the Shasta Youth Connection facility after he pointed an automatic pistol at another youth while demanding information, the report continues.
In an interview Driver said he and "some friends had decided they would be able to do some robberies to get some cigarettes and possibly some money".
C (the person preparing this report for the courts back in 1998) described Driver as quite the charmer who provided him with all the right answers.
But according to juvenile hall records, Driver had received numerous write ups while in custody, threatening staff members, refused to follow directions and had caused numerous problems during transport to and from court. During his time at juvenile hall, C said, Driver also had faked a suicide attempt.
"I also believe Mr Driver was more involved in this case than we are led to believe," C concluded.

The article goes on to state Driver admitted to being a heavy drinker, starting at age 16, and a "heavy" daily user of marijuana since age 15. Needing to "take a hit" every 5 mins.

26 Sep 1997, Page 1 - Ukiah Daily Journal at Newspapers.com

In this case, I’m not complaining a bit—but does anyone know why his juvenile record wasn’t sealed?

Fallon and Lovelock have soooo much area that he could hide her. My brother lives in Lovelock and is part of the court system. I am praying for her family.

Given his past, and given the fact that he “helped” his friend in lying in wait to kill the boyfriend. Could he have kidnapped her for someone else? A professional hire?? Maybe just maybe she could be alive?! I just want to believe in a better outcome.

He is a monster.

I wonder if he was hired by someone he met in prison to abduct for whatever that reason might be. If so, could mean she’s still alive. I wonder if there is any family connection to anyone released recently from the same prison he was in.

Thank you! From your link, he has addresses in Elko and Fallon.

"Vinelink listed Troy Edward Driver as being 41, and a search of property records showed that he had addresses listed in Ukiah, Calif., Elko, NV and Fallon, NV. His first residence in Ukiah, Calif. was recorded in 2013, 15 years after he was sentenced to prison."​

In this case, I’m not complaining a bit—but does anyone know why his juvenile record wasn’t sealed?
I don't know that it wasn't sealed. This was from an article that was written during Driver's sentencing hearing. C had prepared a report that he read to the court for the sentencing hearing. I'm not sure how CA works during sentencing, but it seems that C was a Psychiatrist who was called in to give a report to help the court decide how long and where Driver should be held. So it was C who was referencing, in his comments to the court, Driver's juvenile record.
The article was two pages long, so I cut out the lead up to the information that explained the context.

It's unclear whether Driver has retained an attorney.
Man arrested on kidnapping charges in case of missing Nevada woman | CNN

Sheriff Frank Hunewill has said Irion's car was found a short distance away and that evidence suggested a suspect may drive a dark pickup truck.

Irion's brother, Casey Valley, told the Reno Gazette Journal late Friday hat Irion's family was excited by the arrest and “very curious." It “seems like it might be one more step toward finding Naomi. I’m very optimistic,” he said.

A Dayton law firm that provides public-defender services for Lyon County did not immediately respond to inquiries Saturday by The Associated Press seeking comment on Driver's behalf.
Office: Fallon man arrested in disappearance of Nevada woman

Investigators had previously identified a Chevrolet pickup truck whose driver they believed may have a “direct connection” to her current whereabouts, said the sheriff’s office, which released an image of the vehicle while urging the public to help locate it.

The sheriff’s office has also released multiple photos and a video of the man authorities say entered Irion’s car. He has a distinct gait that investigators hoped would help in identifying him.

Detectives have not publicly released surveillance video showing the exact moment the suspect gets into Irion’s car, citing the nature of the ongoing investigation. According to her brother, Casey Valley, who said he has seen the video, Irion was sitting in the driver’s seat, but the suspect “did say or do something to Naomi to make her move over.”

Irion was waiting for a shuttle bus on March 12 around 5 a.m. to take her to her job at Panasonic Energy of North America in the Reno area. Valley, who lives with Irion, reported her missing the following day when she never came home from work.

Irion’s family has made multiple public pleas for her safe return.

“We need everyone’s help across the nation because the incident happened so close to [Interstate] 80,” her mother, Diana Irion, said during a press event earlier this week. “She could be anywhere, anywhere in the nation.”

“Please save my daughter and bring her home,” she said
Suspect arrested in alleged kidnapping of teen last seen nearly two weeks ago

Nevada Man Charged with Kidnapping in Case of Still-Missing 18-Year-Old Girl Last Seen Waiting for Work Shuttle in Parking Lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member