Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if there's any connection, but the murder in 1997 was a man who was 270lbs. While Driver wasn't convicted of his murder, the gun itself was from Driver's house and the murder happened in his parent's driveway. Another boy helped Driver dispose of the body along a country road in some bushes. It was the other boy who told LE where the body was, not Driver.
It's interesting that at Driver's sentencing hearing, C stated he felt Driver was guilty of more involvement in the murder. I wonder if that meant he suspected Driver had actually committed the murder? And if Driver had previously dumped a body on the side of a road, could he have done the same in this case? He has connections with some rural property south of Fernley that make me wonder.

I don't know if there's any connection, but the murder in 1997 was a man who was 270lbs. While Driver wasn't convicted of his murder, the gun itself was from Driver's house and the murder happened in his parent's driveway. Another boy helped Driver dispose of the body along a country road in some bushes. It was the other boy who told LE where the body was, not Driver.
It's interesting that at Driver's sentencing hearing, C stated he felt Driver was guilty of more involvement in the murder. I wonder if that meant he suspected Driver had actually committed the murder? And if Driver had previously dumped a body on the side of a road, could he have done the same in this case? He has connections with some rural property south of Fernley that make me wonder.
If I were LE I'd be all over that rural property south of Fernley

Thank you! From your link, he has addresses in Elko and Fallon.

"Vinelink listed Troy Edward Driver as being 41, and a search of property records showed that he had addresses listed in Ukiah, Calif., Elko, NV and Fallon, NV. His first residence in Ukiah, Calif. was recorded in 2013, 15 years after he was sentenced to prison."​
From Fernley, NV to Ukiah, CA is about 5 hours. From Fernley, NV to Elko NV is about 4 hours. Both places would explain the amount of time between the abduction and the return to pick up the truck.

I'm just going to say Troy Driver is a man who has a history of harassing/stalking women.
Wait for it.
What did you do with Naomi?
And we wait...
Also her family has said she is somehow a part of the LGBTQ community.
I do not believe she met TD on any dating app.
Period.
Chi

thanks, that's the same site I found info as well.

Also learned this: Vinelink. This will give you updates such as if he was released/moved to a diff location etc. this will alert you the entire time he is in custody through his release (if that time ever comes). This is an option for any inmate in custody anywhere across the nation. It’s a great tool for safety and awareness.

VINELink
I struggle with using Vinelink, is there a fee and an easy way to use it and access information?

Has there ever been any mention of Naomi's interests? Did she have any pets? Did she like any specific breed of dogs? On Driver's FB page, someone asked him to "lmk when u have puppies again". Makes me think Driver may have been breeding dogs and I wonder if that was his initial connection with Naomi?

From Fernley, NV to Ukiah, CA is about 5 hours. From Fernley, NV to Elko NV is about 4 hours. Both places would explain the amount of time between the abduction and the return to pick up the truck.

I don't think he actually went very far away, unless he was driving his own truck with her in it.

She had a 30 year old unremarkable sedan. Who knows what kind of shape it was in mechanically, it tires, or how much gas it had. He couldn't risk driving it to a gas station with her in it, so he had to go with howevermuch gas was in the tank on the way to his destination.

That vehicle was not going to go off road on rough roads or else he would be stranded and the car associated with her location.

So I think he went to somewhere fairly local on roads he knew. Not too far in the hills or on bad roads, and not on unfamiliar roads.

I sure hope he didn't take a chance in putting it through a car wash on the way back, and there is still dirt and debris on the undercarriage that may help in the forensic analysis

Apologies if someone has already done this, but I went on google maps and it looks like the photo released of the suspects car was taken outside of the Sherwin Williams on Duffy Rd.
Google Maps
From street view you can see the same iron fence, same landscape rocks, same fencing on the opposite side of the road, etc. Duffy road runs NE/SW and based on the shadows cast by the suspects car (and a basic sundial) it would seem that the surveillance photo was taken around 1:30pm. I’m no expert, so please correct me if I’m wrong here. But interesting to think that he might not have dumped her car over there right away….
View attachment 337842

IMO Naomi's car NEVER went from Walmart to Sherwin Wms.

(With premeditation), IMO he parked his truck at Sherwin Wms and walked to Walmart. With purpose.

I believe he targeted Naomi who had no idea danger was lying in wait.

I think he waited until he knew which car was hers, knew she was alone in it, he waited until she turned off the car, unlocked the doors if they were, opened the door virtually in tandem with her ....

He was anticipating every move, had the advantage of ambush.

Suddenly he was just there. IMO she had no chance to react.

I believe terror is what forced her into the passenger seat. I think he had a weapon, the threat of which bought immediate compliance and I suspect he used it, to prevent egress out the passenger door. A taser, I fear.

He drove off with her. Went to the areas where her phone pinged and perhaps points beyond. I would imagine her phone, if found, is a long throw from a point near to where her phone stopped pinging.

At some point IMO, alone, he used Naomi's car again, not to stash it, but as an Uber, driving himself back to Sherwin Wms and to his waiting truck.

JMO

This is from the Churchill County Sheriffs Department's facebook page (where Fallon is located)
https://www.facebook.com/ChurchillS...WMN2uGRo1t6aTsU6ba7yFnSQgT7OTwMa&__tn__=<,P-R
Churchill County Sheriff's Office
11Sip71sou52rgm6thha2 ·

On March 25th, Churchill County Sheriff's Office assisted the Lyon County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations in the service of a search and seizure warrant at an address within Churchill County. During this time a portion of Alcorn Road was blocked off to thru traffic for the safety of the public and the Law Enforcement Officers serving the warrant. We thank you for your patience and cooperation with us during that time.
No further details about the incident, nature of the search warrant or any items of evidence that might have been collected can be discussed or released at this time as this is an active and open investigation.
Thank you,
Richard C. Hickox 177
Churchill County Sheriff

TROY EDWARD DRIVER
Custody Record
Age41
GenderMale
RaceWhite
You are not signed up for notifications

RECORD DETAILS
GET NOTIFIED
Apr **, ****

Custody Status Date Mar 25, 2022 08:36 PM PDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Lyon County Detention Center
Book Date Mar 25, 2022 08:28 PM PDT

30 Nevin Way
Yerington, NV 89447
(775) 463-6615

REPORTING AGENCY
Lyon County Sheriff
30 Nevin Way
Yerington, NV 89447
(775) 463-6615

VINELink
Bringing this forward. I signed up because I want to keep an eye on this guy. Thanks for posting

Woman possibly kidnapped from Walmart parking lot

CWHE7H7TG5ASBCKUKVMJYGXDIY.jpg

FERNLEY, Nev. (KOLO) - A woman who went missing from a Walmart parking lot in Fernley, Nev. may have been kidnapped authorities said.

Naomi Irion was last seen inside her vehicle in the parking lot on Newlands Drive, Saturday, March 12 around 5 a.m. According to Naomi’s family, she works for Panasonic in the Reno/Sparks area and was waiting for a shuttle when she went missing.

Video surveillance shows a person walking from a nearby homeless camp, lurking in vehicles, the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office said. He is then seen getting into the driver’s seat of Naomi’s vehicle and leaves in an unknown direction with Naomi in the passenger seat.
Authorities said on Tuesday Naomi’s car had been found in Fernley. They have closed off the area and are looking for more evidence related to her disappearance. She has not been located at this time, the sheriff’s office said.

Naomi's FB.

Thread #1
I'm wondering if where she parked is close to the shuttle or if she just parks farther back? Also, was her car left unlocked?

It does, to some extent have small town feel however, due to fast population growth in the last few years that feeling has diminished.

I was just curious as it does effect personal state of mind. I’ve lived in both types of areas throughout my life. There are situational awareness type actions that I would have taken in San Diego, Ca. when I lived there but here and now near Snowflake Az., I know how easy it is to let them slide. This isn’t meant to blame Naomi in any way. It’s just that one of the actions I took in San Diego was to look back behind me before getting out of the car. I don’t even think about that now but I know I should.

Just adding:

There is no mention by LE that she filled her car up that morning at the convenience store.

Unless she had filled it up right in front of him, he'd have no idea how much gas was in the tank.

I would also think that when she needed gas, she was more likely to fill up after work in the daylight, rather than risk missing the shuttle in the am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024