Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing based on maps, but it's possible that the suspect stopped at the same gas station as Naomi at roughly the same time of day more than once. The suspect would have been traveling to Reno for work - perhaps picking up a coffee, Naomi was picking up snacks and heading to the shuttle. He could have followed her to the shuttle some time prior to the abduction.

At some point he decided that she was an easy victim and began planning where to park his vehicle to abduct her on the weekend when he wasn't working. He would have known her car, where she parked on the Walmart lot, when she arrived, when the shuttle arrived, and when was the best time to approach her.

If she did not have her usual contact with overseas friends that morning, they might have raised the alarm. Waiting until it appeared that she was finished visiting at 5:23 AM meant he could abduct her and no one would know until at least 12 hours later.

The convenience store where Naomi bought snacks

View attachment 337830

The location of the convenience store along the highway from Fallon to Reno

View attachment 337829

I havent read he worked in Reno. Did I miss something.

He is currently in Lyon County Jail in Yerington, where he was officially booked, so I think he was captured in Lyon County.

Thanks, that makes sense! I edited my post to remove Reno as possibility as I don't want to contribute to any rumors purposely. Forgot there were other ways to verify--lack of sleep. haha

I calculate she would have been waiting in the dark in that parking lot more than 100 times before without any problems.

No reason for her to have taken any more precautions with a gun, pepper spray, locked doors, etc the morning of March 12.

thanks, that's the same site I found info as well.

Also learned this: Vinelink. This will give you updates such as if he was released/moved to a diff location etc. this will alert you the entire time he is in custody through his release (if that time ever comes). This is an option for any inmate in custody anywhere across the nation. It’s a great tool for safety and awareness.

VINELink

I calculate she would have been waiting in the dark in that parking lot more than 100 times before without any problems.

No reason for her to have taken any more precautions with a gun, pepper spray, locked doors, etc the morning of March 12.

Sadly, in the world we live in today, you can never be too careful. I am a healthy man, and I would not sit in a car alone in the dark in a public parking lot with only a handful of cars and a closed store, without having my car doors locked, especially if I were going to be paying attention to my phone more than my surroundings. In this time when almost everyone is glued to their smartphones, and I am guilty of that, and many have earbuds in, please look at this and realize, it could happen to any of us.

Just because you are a good person doesn't mean everyone you encounter every day is too. JMO

ETA We do not know that her car doors had been unlocked the entire time, It has been suggested that she was about to get out when the attacker approached her.

Last edited:
Not generally. I have read about restoring gun rights after convictions but I don't know much about it.

Regardless, I always say, it's not the law abiding citizens we have to worry about with guns. Criminals don't care about the laws so it's not revelant, imo.

Excons are pulled over by NHP and Sheriffs all the time with firearms ( and alcohol and drugs). Excon in posession of a firearm is a felony & they go back to prison.

thanks, that's the same site I found info as well.

Also learned this: Vinelink. This will give you updates such as if he was released/moved to a diff location etc. this will alert you the entire time he is in custody through his release (if that time ever comes). This is an option for any inmate in custody anywhere across the nation. It’s a great tool for safety and awareness.

VINELink
It's a great tool, I admit I have registered for notifications on cases I am highly invested in.

Hoping there will be a pressor today, though if he requested an attorney off the bat doubtful they will do that. I'm really curious if they have been surveilling him for any length of time and if they got a warrant for his cell phone records. I can't remember how long it takes for them to come back? Can they get immediate call & text records, but ping and location data takes longer?

Excons are pulled over by NHP and Sheriffs all the time with firearms ( and alcohol and drugs). Excon in posession of a firearm is a felony & they go back to prison.
Yes, but did he commit any other crimes after he got out of jail? He could have reformed (at least for a while). He managed to get a good job. In this crime he likely didn't have the same motivation as the ones he was involved in as a teen.

I know nothing about this subject, hoping someone with legal knowledge can chime in - does a convicted felon from another State have to register in Nevada if not on active probation? I would think not since he was likely paroled somewhere around 2007, but thought I would put it up for discussion.
Felon Registration Requirements | U.S. Probation Office, District of Nevada
2013 Nevada Revised Statutes :: Chapter 179C - Registration of Convicted Persons :: NRS 179C.010 - Convicted person defined.

I know nothing about this subject, hoping someone with legal knowledge can chime in - does a convicted felon from another State have to register in Nevada if not on active probation? I would think not since he was likely paroled somewhere around 2007, but thought I would put it up for discussion.
Felon Registration Requirements | U.S. Probation Office, District of Nevada
2013 Nevada Revised Statutes :: Chapter 179C - Registration of Convicted Persons :: NRS 179C.010 - Convicted person defined.

Also curious about the 3 strikes law. Does it transfer between states (i.e. would his crimes in CA count in NV's laws for this purpose)?

He is currently in Lyon County Jail in Yerington, where he was officially booked, so I think he was captured in Lyon County.

My post was based on this:

Troy Driver was taken into custody at a home off Alcorn Road by the Lyon County Sheriff's Office just before 5 p.m. on March 25
Fallon man arrested for kidnapping in Naomi Irion case

According to Google Maps, Alcorn Road is in Fallon. The Heavy summary quotes the above article, but places Alcon Road in Fernley.

Finding more of a record on Driver:

According to the report, Driver's criminal record stretches back to 1992 when the 12 year old was sentenced to community service for shooting a deer out of season.
In 1994, Driver was sentenced to formal probation after being convicted of a residential break-in in which several firearms were taken and the burglary of the Quality Firearms store on Orr Springs Rd.
Ten months later he was removed from his parents' home and lodged in the Shasta Youth Connection facility after he pointed an automatic pistol at another youth while demanding information, the report continues.
In an interview Driver said he and "some friends had decided they would be able to do some robberies to get some cigarettes and possibly some money".
C (the person preparing this report for the courts back in 1998) described Driver as quite the charmer who provided him with all the right answers.
But according to juvenile hall records, Driver had received numerous write ups while in custody, threatening staff members, refused to follow directions and had caused numerous problems during transport to and from court. During his time at juvenile hall, C said, Driver also had faked a suicide attempt.
"I also believe Mr Driver was more involved in this case than we are led to believe," C concluded.

The article goes on to state Driver admitted to being a heavy drinker, starting at age 16, and a "heavy" daily user of marijuana since age 15. Needing to "take a hit" every 5 mins.

26 Sep 1997, Page 1 - Ukiah Daily Journal at Newspapers.com

Attachments

• 77b90f10-bdcd-4911-ad95-aa847a565038-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck1.jpg
    77b90f10-bdcd-4911-ad95-aa847a565038-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 6b446715-f749-428a-a0f0-40d876918883-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck2.jpg
    6b446715-f749-428a-a0f0-40d876918883-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 600c7cc5-c3d8-4292-bc8b-b3cdfee41d4f-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck.jpg
    600c7cc5-c3d8-4292-bc8b-b3cdfee41d4f-largeScale_TroyDrivertruck.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 61
Status