Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Psychopaths love taking extreme risk. A few towns over from us a guy who had just gotten out of prison for kidnapping abducted another girl just a couple of blocks from the police station. She jumped out, ran to the police station and he was arrested shortly after. He turned out to be a serial killer.
omg. which one?

this guy has quite the background.
I agree. But, all this was over 20 years ago. Does he have a record of criminal activity since then? I think it is certainly a baseline, but something more current, last ten years, that could have triggered this? I'm just wondering about his life now, not 20 years ago, and I can't find anything.

there is talk of an i80 serial killer, and yes if he served time in state prison in ca there will be dna on file

I would have thought his DNA would be on file also, but it may not have been. Another poster pointed out some time earlier that required DNA collection for felonies in California only began in 2004, though they were allowed prior to then. The crime he went to prison for occurred in 1997.

The law, Proposition 69, was approved by 62 percent of the voters in 2004 and took effect in 2009. A previous state law had allowed DNA searches of convicted felons, and of suspects with felony records, but Prop. 69 required the searches of anyone arrested for a felony. The DNA samples are forwarded to a national database accessible to the FBI as well as state and local police.

California's Controversial DNA Collection Law Upheld in Court (governing.com)

My only qualm with that theory is that if there were two folks why would he need to drive her car back? It’s something that was extremely risky for him to do versus them hiding her car and having him drive a different vehicle back so as not to raise suspicion. We don’t know as LE hasn’t revealed it, but something about him returning her car and then getting into his truck put him on their radar.
Yes that bothers me as well.

But there are also reasons for him not being the only one involved.

First of all the crime he committed when he was 17 was a 'group crime'.
And I wonder who was the brain behind that crime.
So what does this suspect have? He has a family and kids, so keeping a victim somewhere over a period of time might be too 'labour intensive' (no disrespect meant).
A victim has to be checked, watched, fed etc. And if it's not about ransom, he would want to spend time with the victim as well.
That's a lot of risk for one person cause you establish a pattern, your car's hanging out somewhere a lot. So does your phone.
If there's two or 3 people giving eachother alibis, taking each others phones with them, dropping each other off. Or sharing a third vehicle/company vehicle, it gets less traceable.

So what does this guy have?
Hunting buddies, jail buddies, brothers, cousins, co-workers with similar evil minds?
Does he share a boat, cabin, trailer, work space, company vehicle with any of his buddies?

I do not believe this was just a random act, but I am now beginning to think it may have been a random first meeting, that she may have only been minimally aware of, if aware at all. I don't see this guy as likely to be sitting on a computer dating site for hours, looking for a hookup to attack, but I do see him as the type who, someone mentioned several days ago, may have spotted Naomi on her way to work, stopping for her daily energy drink at the convenience store, getting gas, or whatever. It is a time of morning that he perhaps would be used to being out, so that would not necessarily raise suspicions of those who knew him well. I could see him as the kind to "brush against" Naomi in line, and then try to make small talk. Perhaps she didn't respond, or perhaps she basically shrugged him off, and he decided he had been disrespected and was going to teach her a lesson. He may have followed her a time or two to figure out her routine, and then lay in wait, as he apparently has done before, and then he struck.

I do not see this monster confessing to anything, and I do not see a good ending to this, but I pray for guidance for those searching today, and hope that they can find her and take her home to her loved ones. JMO
i agree w most of this but im not even sure there was a perceive3d slight, i think hes just a predator.

He is currently in Lyon County Jail in Yerington, where he was officially booked, so I think he was captured in Lyon County.
e3ven if he was not apprehended in lyons county though, they would have taken him there. with a high profile case like this, lyons county sheriff and or poss fbi would pick him up.

I know nothing about this subject, hoping someone with legal knowledge can chime in - does a convicted felon from another State have to register in Nevada if not on active probation? I would think not since he was likely paroled somewhere around 2007, but thought I would put it up for discussion.
Felon Registration Requirements | U.S. Probation Office, District of Nevada
2013 Nevada Revised Statutes :: Chapter 179C - Registration of Convicted Persons :: NRS 179C.010 - Convicted person defined.
hes not on parole for that offense anymore. usually they are on parole for 3 years.

Also curious about the 3 strikes law. Does it transfer between states (i.e. would his crimes in CA count in NV's laws for this purpose)?
any serious felony from any state can be counted, as long as that state has a 3 strikes law. does nv have one?

My mistake. I assumed he worked at Ledcor in Reno, but it was Ledcor in Elko.

View attachment 337852

https://www.linkedin.com/in/troy-driver-49798212a

View attachment 337853

https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/address/nv/elko/osino/471/10

Driving time from Elko to Fallon is 3h45m, so he was not commuting from Fallon to work in Elko. Yet, he was arrested in Fallon on a Friday afternoon.

Was he visiting friends in Fallon when arrested? Did he spend weekends in Fallon? Was he no longer working at Ledcor and had not updated his LinkedIn profile?

Regarding the convenience store where Naomi was last seen prior to abduction at the Walmart parking lot, the suspect could still stop at the Fox Peak convenience store/gas station at 5 AM driving from Fallon to Elko, or perhaps he had other reasons to be in Fernley at that time of day. I doubt that the first time he saw her was at Walmart, and also doubt that she befriended him on social media.

View attachment 337856
Google Maps
honestly, ledco employees work anywhere. they are contracted to different sites. once the project ends, they go to a new project and site.

Interesting . . this says he was arrested in Reno. I had seen comments but haven't seen it on MSM until now:

A Fallon man charged with kidnapping will appear in court this week in Lyon County.
Troy Driver, 41, was taken into custody on Friday as a suspect in the March 12 disappearance of Naomi Irion of Fernley.
Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye said Monday that Driver will appear remotely from Fernley, where he’s currently being held. Eventually, Rye said Driver will be transferred to Yerington to appear in District Court.
Rye said Driver’s arrest sheet showed a bail of $750,000. He was arrested last week in Reno. A warrant was issued for law enforcement to search his residence.

Suspect in disappearance of Fernley woman headed to court

So what does this suspect have? He has a family and kids, so keeping a victim somewhere over a period of time might be too 'labour intensive' (no disrespect meant).
A victim has to be checked, watched, fed etc. And if it's not about ransom, he would want to spend time with the victim as well.
That's a lot of risk for one person cause you establish a pattern, your car's hanging out somewhere a lot. So does your phone.
If there's two or 3 people giving eachother alibis, taking each others phones with them, dropping each other off. Or sharing a third vehicle/company vehicle, it gets less traceable.

Hunting buddies, jail buddies, brothers, cousins, co-workers with similar evil minds?
Does he share a boat, cabin, trailer, work space, company vehicle with any of his buddies?

Oh yes, and that’s why we need to be really open minded about it because any possibility is viable right now. We can all have theories but only TD and potentially LE can open this up and reveal how it all happened.

Interesting . . this says he was arrested in Reno. I had seen comments but haven't seen it on MSM until now:

A Fallon man charged with kidnapping will appear in court this week in Lyon County.
Troy Driver, 41, was taken into custody on Friday as a suspect in the March 12 disappearance of Naomi Irion of Fernley.
Lyon County District Attorney Stephen Rye said Monday that Driver will appear remotely from Fernley, where he’s currently being held. Eventually, Rye said Driver will be transferred to Yerington to appear in District Court.
Rye said Driver’s arrest sheet showed a bail of $750,000. He was arrested last week in Reno. A warrant was issued for law enforcement to search his residence.

Suspect in disappearance of Fernley woman headed to court
Hmm, first time I'm seeing that too.

I’ve missed the information that he had a family and kids?

"Detectives also added that her cell phone was still on and active after the vehicle drove off. They were able to map it to the location where her vehicle was found, before it went stagnant for approximately 10 minutes. No further cellphone activity was recorded after that."

This quote from part of an article I read this morning doesn't sound great.

Suspect in custody, pickup truck located after Nevada teen kidnapped in own car, police say
i thought it pinged in wadsworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member