Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it pinged in wadsworth?

I distinctly read that it pinged near Hill Ranch Road in Wadsworth. Not at the location next to Sherwin-Williams where her vehicle was found.

Naomi's mother made reference to it in one of her recent videos and noted that the FBI were out searching the Hills Ranch Road just after they noticed the ping

MOO: that blue truck hadn't seen the light of day since the day he drove home from kidnapping Naomi. He's been driving that work truck around and keeping his head low. Kudos to the neighbor for catching a glimpse of it in his garage!
its odd to me that neighbors didnt remember he had it, unless its brand new. my neighbor across the street has a red one prob a 2020 and previous to that he had about the 2012 one in blue and now his adult son has it. i hardly talk to these ppl and i noticed.

Lyon County Sheriff press release:
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=348611910646707&set=a.309077617933470
277499594_348611907313374_6647581250914640445_n.jpg

If Naomi is found, it won't be with this monster's help, because that would require him to admit involvement, and that's not gonna happen. He has been in and out of trouble since he was 12 years old. He knows how the criminal justice system works, and probably has a lawyer on speed-dial. And as someone else suggested, when his DNA hits the system, we may find that he has not exactly kept his nose clean for the past 11 years or so since he was released from prison. I would almost bet on it. JMO
it should already be in the system, he was in prison in cali after 2001 they were already taking dna from felons.

Clearly, none of us knows, but I don't think this case is going to prove to be nearly that convoluted. I think it is going to come down to a sexual predator that saw a young woman, decided he wanted to take her, stalked her long enough to learn her routine, and then at his first opportunity, did what he had set out to do. JMO

Yep. Occam's Razor.

That breaks my heart. I as a parent would do the same. You would hope that Driver could see your pain and anguish and have a change of heart. Doubtful it would work, he's an animal and likely feels no remorse. Is there any precadent for something like this actually happening? A parent facing their child's likely killer, face to face?
I only know Larry Gene Bell:
“During the largest manhunt in South Carolina history, Bell made eight telephone calls to the Smith family, often speaking with Shari's sister Dawn. Bell eventually gave exact directions to the locations of both of the bodies and described to the family how he had killed Smith.”​

But he taunted the families for his own entertainment…

I agree. But, all this was over 20 years ago. Does he have a record of criminal activity since then? I think it is certainly a baseline, but something more current, last ten years, that could have triggered this? I'm just wondering about his life now, not 20 years ago, and I can't find anything.
yes that would be interesting. i saw some "interesting comments" about st paddys day out there.

felons can and do change, i can attest because my own husband is one. but idk about this guy. if he is a sexual predator like i feel he may be, he may just have been careful since then.

I would have thought his DNA would be on file also, but it may not have been. Another poster pointed out some time earlier that required DNA collection for felonies in California only began in 2004, though they were allowed prior to then. The crime he went to prison for occurred in 1997.

The law, Proposition 69, was approved by 62 percent of the voters in 2004 and took effect in 2009. A previous state law had allowed DNA searches of convicted felons, and of suspects with felony records, but Prop. 69 required the searches of anyone arrested for a felony. The DNA samples are forwarded to a national database accessible to the FBI as well as state and local police.

California's Controversial DNA Collection Law Upheld in Court (governing.com)
hmm interesting. i had heard they took all current inmates at that time, so i guess it depends when he was paroled.

Per the discussion last night on the emblem I saw on the truck. This was captured by a local who took a pic of the gray truck[
ATTACH]338130[/ATTACH]
If you look on the side you can see an emblem. That's the emblem I was speaking of.
ETA: this is from the family Facebook page

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648509980553.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648509980553.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,392
Per the discussion last night on the emblem I saw on the truck. This was captured by a local who took a pic of the gray truck[
ATTACH]338130[/ATTACH]
If you look on the side you can see an emblem. That's the emblem I was speaking of.

I see what you mean. It's not the door handles. Its a rectangular -appearing small logo. Mostly white with a yellow area. Clearly not Ledcor's logo.

I can see the reflection of fence on the truck, and I'm inclined to think it's a reflection of a Lyon County Sheriff's vehicle. They are black with white door panels.

ghows-KS-80868ac4-4220-5f1a-e053-0100007f46d0-0753e2c9.jpeg

fb_img_1648509980553-jpg.338130

I can see the small dull gray crime scene stickers on the doors, too.

Last edited:
ATTACH]338130[/ATTACH]

There's glare on the side and LE has tape on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-184631_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-184631_Gallery.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 78
<modsnip>I am very curious about the witness in the car...from the family's FB post (I'm paraphrasing) it says the family has put out a statement saying that they will not go after or testify against anyone who came forward. Now I don't really believe he planned this alone. Imo. Did anybody else catch this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you mean. It's not the door handles. Its a rectangular -appearing small logo. Mostly white with a yellow area. Clearly not Ledcor's logo.

I can see the reflection of fence on the truck, and I'm inclined to think it's a reflection of a Lyon County Sheriff's vehicle. They are black with white door panels.

ghows-KS-80868ac4-4220-5f1a-e053-0100007f46d0-0753e2c9.jpeg

fb_img_1648509980553-jpg.338130

I can see the small dull gray crime scene stickers on the doors, too.
That is a good catch. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member