Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wondering about the FBI connection. This didn’t hurt:

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1508909935773376516?s=21
“On the US compound where Naomi's parents live in South Africa -- their neighbor is an FBI agent. When Naomi's mom got the call her daughter was kidnapped -- she immediately contacted her neighbor. She believes that helped get the ball rolling.”

more nuggets at Brian’s Twitter account.

Naomi Irion kidnapping suspect to be arraigned on Wednesday afternoon

Interesting that they were able to push the hearing to Wednesday. Usually there is 48 hours from arrest to hearing, not including weekends. So, they started the "clock" Monday morning.

I hope that LEO has a boatload of evidence so the accused cannot be allowed bail. Paws tightly crossed. I bet those folks are working around the clock right now.

For anyone wondering about the FBI connection. This didn’t hurt:

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1508909935773376516?s=21
“On the US compound where Naomi's parents live in South Africa -- their neighbor is an FBI agent. When Naomi's mom got the call her daughter was kidnapped -- she immediately contacted her neighbor. She believes that helped get the ball rolling.”

more nuggets at Brian’s Twitter account.

I'm not sure how many of you know and have NewsNation Network, but their top-notch reporter, Brian Entin flew out to Fernley last night to talk with the family, and a nice piece just aired a few minutes ago on NewsNation Now. In the story, he spoke with her mom, sister and brother, he briefly showed the perp's house, and tried unsuccessfully to speak to a woman there, and he reported from the Walmart she was abducted from, showing the area her car was parked in. NewsNation is a cable network that is in some 75 million American homes. That kind of publicity can't hurt. JMO

Naomi Irion kidnapping suspect 'not talking,' family has 'no reason' to believe she is hurt, brother says

"I've been assured that there is no reason to believe Naomi has been harmed or is not alive, so we still have hope in our family," Casey Valley, Irion's brother, told Fox News Digital. "We still have hope in our family. We feel that Naomi is alive, and she's still out there somewhere. And she wants to come home, and we want her to come home. There's a lot of people making a lot of speculative comments."

ICKEdMeL has a premiere on this case regarding the coworker. Mel is approved

Thank you for posting this! It certainly adds some perspective about how far Troy travels for work on any day to the mines, as well as which mines he went to immediately after the abduction.

He returned to the scene of the crime to drop off Naomi's car, and he very likely returned to the scene of the crime to check whether the body had been disturbed - or to further obscure the body.

Monday he didn't go to work. That's the day that Naomi was reported missing. Tuesday is the day her vehicle was found.

Naomi Irion kidnapping suspect 'not talking,' family has 'no reason' to believe she is hurt, brother says

"I've been assured that there is no reason to believe Naomi has been harmed or is not alive, so we still have hope in our family," Casey Valley, Irion's brother, told Fox News Digital. "We still have hope in our family. We feel that Naomi is alive, and she's still out there somewhere. And she wants to come home, and we want her to come home. There's a lot of people making a lot of speculative comments."

I so badly wish TD was someone who was new to the criminal system, and could fold under the pressure. Felt some sort of remorse. The fact that Casey says he’s not talking at all is so deeply sad.

They have a suspect that doesn't say where Naomi is (I assume).
So based on what do they think she hasn't been harmed?

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the location of 18-year-old Naomi Irion, the agency announced Monday.

Irion was last seen around 5 a.m. on March 12 walking through a Walmart parking lot in Fernley. Fernley is in Lyon County, about 400 miles northwest of Las Vegas and 35 miles east of Reno.

Officials with the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office took Troy Driver, 41, of Fallon, into custody last week on a kidnapping charge.

Deputies said they impounded a pickup truck possibly involved in Irion’s kidnapping. Irion has not been located.

What?

I have not seen ANY MSM report of her "walking through a Walmart parking lot at 5 am"

This is really sloppy reporting.

Naomi Irion kidnapping suspect to be arraigned on Wednesday afternoon

Interesting that they were able to push the hearing to Wednesday. Usually there is 48 hours from arrest to hearing, not including weekends. So, they started the "clock" Monday morning.

I hope that LEO has a boatload of evidence so the accused cannot be allowed bail. Paws tightly crossed. I bet those folks are working around the clock right now.

I had seen a preliminary bail hearing listing bail at $750,000.00.

Perhaps that has changed with some new evidence uncovered since that notice was first listed

Thank you for posting this! It certainly adds some perspective about how far Troy travels for work on any day to the mines, as well as which mines he went to immediately after the abduction.

He returned to the scene of the crime to drop off Naomi's car, and he very likely returned to the scene of the crime to check whether the body had been disturbed - or to further obscure the body.

Monday he didn't go to work. That's the day that Naomi was reported missing. Tuesday is the day her vehicle was found.

I think he spent all day Monday in his garage doing a terminal cleaning of his gray truck and all his clothes and shoes.

I had seen a preliminary bail hearing listing bail at $750,000.00.

Perhaps that has changed with some new evidence uncovered since that notice was first listed

That is only $75,000 cash bond. I am not sure, he would have to find a bailbond carrier. That may be his challenge. Who the heck is going to guarantee this guy will show up for hearings? He doesn't seem to have any real ties to the community. Even an ankle monitor would be pretty meaningless. The guy could cut it off, and jam. He has a lot to lose here.

"This is the zoom link for the hearing of Troy Driver. The hearing is scheduled to start at noon pst on Wednesday March 30. You will have the ability to join the meeting starting at 1145.

We will also be going live on fb from the hearing as well (with less difficulties than last week) if you cant get on the zoom."

They have a suspect that doesn't say where Naomi is (I assume).
So based on what do they think she hasn't been harmed?
I'm not sure. I think they'll believe she's out there alive somewhere until there's something proving otherwise. I can understand having hope since it doesn't seem that there's any evidence (that we know of) of anything other than the kidnapping at this point..

If his co-worker just lost a job with an annual salary of $120k, and Troy was his supervisor, Troy made more money.

I have to wonder why Troy (assuming he is guilty) sacrificed so much to abduct a woman at 5 AM only to very likely murder her a few hours later. One day fulfilling a fantasy and it might cost him his job, quality of life, friends, freedom and result in a life long sentence.

Was this a fantasy that festered since he was released from prison, or is this a fantasy that he pursues every couple of years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966