Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he probably first saw her at the gas station. But I disagree she didn’t notice him, the creepy dude missing half an ear. Jmo

Perhaps she noticed him noticing her, but I'm not aware of any reports that she was creeped by someone at the gas station. It sounds like even if she noticed him, she didn't mention him.

Was he working out of the Reno Ledcor office because he was training/on-boarding the co-worker (referenced in the video) the previous week?

I wonder how often he was at the Reno office. His LinkedIn profile said that he worked at the Ledcor office in Elko, and there is a rental address for him (somewhere on Flower Str). How long had he been watching Naomi? One week while he was at the Reno office to on-board the new guy?

If he goes to the Reno office once a week, then he could have spotted her two weeks earlier and tracked her to the Walmart parking lot a week earlier, then spent a Saturday morning figuring out where to hide his truck so he could abduct her for a weekend. It sounds like he messed up and needed an extra day to clean up evidence. He also messed up with hiding his truck - even though he ensured that his truck was not seen in the parking lot with Naomi's car.

Perhaps she noticed him noticing her, but I'm not aware of any reports that she was creeped by someone at the gas station. It sounds like even if she noticed him, she didn't mention him.

I’d really like to hear what the gas station workers on that shift have to say about him. Certainly they would remember his mug if in came in semi regularly.

I’d really like to hear what the gas station workers on that shift have to say about him. Certainly they would remember his mug if in came in semi regularly.

It's the gas station of convenience between Fallon and Reno that Naomi went to every morning on her way to the shuttle. It's also an on the route gas/coffee stop for him.

upload_2022-3-29_20-57-23.png

This is the address in Elko (not an owner), which is near his office.

upload_2022-3-29_21-2-36.png

This is Fox Peak in relation to Fallon, Fernley and Reno.

upload_2022-3-29_21-13-15.png

Last edited:
There's always some truth in every lie. I'm curious about Troy telling a co-worker (link) that he was camping over the weekend. Camping means leaving early Saturday morning and going home on Sunday evening. Was he camping overnight near one of the mines?

I'd start at the last mine he went to - where he left his trainee at the truck while he walked out two miles. If he returned to the scene of the crime, he would have left it to last - debating internally whether to take the risk.

Did I hear correctly that Troy said he had an under-age girl summons to deal with on Monday, so he would be away from work? Or was it a dentist appointment? Was that Wednesday?

... trying to understand timeline

There's always some truth in every lie. I'm curious about Troy telling a co-worker (link) that he was camping over the weekend. Camping means leaving early Saturday morning and going home on Sunday evening. Was he camping overnight near one of the mines?

I'd start at the last mine he went to - where he left his trainee at the truck while he walked out two miles. If he returned to the scene of the crime, he would have left it to last - debating internally whether to take the risk.

Did I hear correctly that Troy said he had an under-age girl summons to deal with on Monday, so he would be away from work? Or was it a dentist appointment? Was that Wednesday?

I would belive he has a small trailer or camper that he stays in during the week when he is at the mines. Saves having to commute 6 hours a day.

She worked normally Thursday through Sunday. Perhaps occasionally some other days, but not a M-F schedule that might coincide with his Reno schedule.

It would be good to figure out his Reno schedule. If he was there a week at a time, then he might only see her at Fox Peak store & gas station on Thurs & Friday.

If so, how did he figure out she also worked Saturday and Sunday?

Mind you, he would have a very short timeframe of the day to stalk her.

She was really only there for a couple of minutes around 5 am and probably didn't stop off there on the way back home, which would have been about 6:30 - 7 pm.

I think he's a compulsive risk taker. That is, even though he knows something is high risk, he has a compulsion to take that risk for perceived rewards. That is, he thinks that what he wants is worth the risk.

Looking at geography and work routes, early statements from family that she had a routine that involved the gas station and parking lot ring-true for me in terms of predatory abduction. She had a routine that made her vulnerable.

I have read that, as a diplomat's daughter, she lived in expat communities in several countries (Germany, Russia, South Africa). That's why she didn't learn to drive, and why she wanted to live without a standard expat fence and security detail. Living overseas in a foreign compound means that enough neighbours need to go on a milk run across the street at the same time to make the security detail view it as worthwhile.

I wonder whether she lived with routines and habits that made it easiest for her to perhaps inadvertently keep a formal schedule of Gas Store, parking lot, social media with friends, shuttle, 12 hours of work, shuttle, home, sleep, gas store ...

Although her car was 30 years old, if it was looked after it might be in great shape and easily make the trip to the mines. He perhaps thought that mines were a great place to hide a body before he saw Naomi.

I would believe he has a small trailer or camper that he stays in during the week when he is at the mines. Saves having to commute 6 hours a day.

Perhaps, but he didn't have that with him when he abducted her in her car. Did he take her to his truck to get camping equipment and then head for the mines area East of Elko?

It was both. I understood: Subpoena for underage girl and two for dentist.

He certainly would have had enough time on Saturday March 12 to run home and pick up his camping trailer and head back to somewhere closeby like Lake Lahontan to be able to say he was camping for the weekend.

That would mean that she's not near the mines and he didn't return to the scene of the crime after returning to work on Tuesday - unless he did it Tuesday morning before going to work. How far is Lake Lahontan from Fernley?

Perhaps, but he didn't have that with him when he abducted her in her car. Did he take her to his truck to get camping equipment and then head for the mines area East of Elko?

I was thinking he drove back to Fallon Saturday afternoon, and hitched up that white trailer in the back of the property to take it out and get it all dirty from camping in the dust, sand, and dirt. Then an excuse to wash the trailer and his car at the same time.

OR

He could have driven back to his work campsite near the Gold Bar Mine and did some evidence dumping out in that region, but stayed out of site of anyone who would recognize him.

Stayed out there Sunday and didn't return home until Monday?

That would mean that she's not near the mines and he didn't return to the scene of the crime after returning to work on Tuesday - unless he did it Tuesday morning before going to work. How far is Lake Lahontan from Fernley?

It's about 25 miles from Fernley, and about 25 miles from Fallon, too, on different

It a barren area with dusty dirt surface and few rocky areas. It enlarges and receeds with the winter snowmelt in the Sierras from just south of Lake Tahoe via the Carson River that winds it's way through the Carson Valley and Eagle Valley.

It's very popular with locals for weekend camping that like to dirt bike and fish and make noise. One would never call it alpine.

There's a lot of area to camp in so you can have a reasonable degree of privacy .

Lahontan State Recreation Area | State Parks

Last edited:
She worked normally Thursday through Sunday. Perhaps occasionally some other days, but not a M-F schedule that might coincide with his Reno schedule.

It would be good to figure out his Reno schedule. If he was there a week at a time, then he might only see her at Fox Peak store & gas station on Thurs & Friday.

If so, how did he figure out she also worked Saturday and Sunday?

Mind you, he would have a very short timeframe of the day to stalk her.

She was really only there for a couple of minutes around 5 am and probably didn't stop off there on the way back home, which would have been about 6:30 - 7 pm.

Naomi moved to Fernley, NV in August 2021. She got a car and a job at some point - at least a few weeks/months before she was abducted on March 12, 2022.

Her Thursday to Sunday schedule means that he passes through the area as part of his route, from Fallon to either Elko or Reno, near weekends. He might have first noticed her at Fox Peak at the same time that he's there on his way to the Ledcor (Monday - Friday) office in Reno. I doubt that he was simply prowling around a parking lot, or pursuing someone he met on social media. I think he saw her, and no risk was too high to pursue his fantasy. That means he first saw her on a Thursday or Friday.

His drive to work in Reno is 1.5 hours, she took the shuttle to Reno from the parking lot. I'm curious - is it an option for Ledcor employees to take the shuttle to Reno? They'd both arrive at work at 7 AM.

upload_2022-3-29_22-16-13.png

Naomi moved to Fernley, NV in August 2021. She got a car and a job at some point - at least a few weeks/months before she was abducted on March 12, 2022.

Her Thursday to Sunday schedule means that he passes through the area as part of his route, from Fallon to either Elko or Reno, near weekends. He might have first noticed her at Fox Peak at the same time that he's there on his way to the Ledcor (Monday - Friday) office in Reno. I doubt that he was simply prowling around a parking lot, or pursuing someone he met on social media. I think he saw her, and no risk was too high to pursue his fantasy. That means he first saw her on a Thursday or Friday.

His drive to work in Reno is 1.5 hours, she took the shuttle to Reno from the parking lot. I'm curious - is it an option for Ledcor employees to take the shuttle to Reno? They'd both arrive at work at 7 AM.

View attachment 338288

No. This isn't a bus system. This is a private contractor for bringing Panasonic ( or Tesla) employees to the USA Parkway location. The facility is huge and the parking lots are really too small to accommodate 7,000 people that work there. Employees were ending up parking miles from the plant and not turning up on time for their shifts.

This shuttle system would not be bringing people into the Ledcor areas of Reno from Fernley. The more I read about it, the Fernley shuttle only goes to the plant and back to the Fernley Walmart. It doesn't stop anywhere else.

I don't really know where the pickup spots for the Reno, Carson City, Stagecoach, or Silver Springs Panasonic employees are.

He really only had a few minutes to run into her. He had to have been stalking her for a while.

Show up at 4:40? Too early

Show up at 5:15? Too late

He emerged from the dirt area near the Walmart parking lot, suggesting that his truck is parked in the direction of Lowes. He could have dropped camping equipment near the dirt area after parking his truck towards Sherwin-Williams.

He planned hiding the truck, so he could have planned a weekend, show up for supper on Sunday, head to work on Monday ... but he called a day off on Monday. Cleaning camping equipment? He could have dropped weekend supplies near the corner of Walmart, or on the route to his truck and out of camera range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie