Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking he drove back to Fallon Saturday afternoon, and hitched up that white trailer in the back of the property to take it out and get it all dirty from camping in the dust, sand, and dirt. Then an excuse to wash the trailer and his car at the same time.

OR

He could have driven back to his work campsite near the Gold Bar Mine and did some evidence dumping out in that region, but stayed out of site of anyone who would recognize him.

Stayed out there Sunday and didn't return home until Monday?

I don't think so. I think he drove Naomi to the outback and left her there. I don't think he would drive back to Fallon, then back to that location, except for work.

I think it's possible that he didn't go home until Sunday, less likely that it was Monday. She wasn't reported missing until roughly 55 hours later around noon on Monday. He might have been paying attention to the news. No one was looking for her for two days. Her car was found within a one mile radius 24 hours later. Why did it take so long to find the car when they knew where she was last seen? That means that the car could have been parked in the ditch near Sherwin-Williams on Monday evening.

I lean towards he went home on Sunday just before 6 PM sunset - even though delaying an hour or so until after sunset would have made it much more difficult to identify his vehicle. He missed work on Monday and probably used the time to remove evidence - but what evidence would there be if everything happened quickly in her car? ... besides his clothes, but that doesn't require a day off work.

There's always some truth in every lie. I'm curious about Troy telling a co-worker (link) that he was camping over the weekend. Camping means leaving early Saturday morning and going home on Sunday evening. Was he camping overnight near one of the mines?

I'd start at the last mine he went to - where he left his trainee at the truck while he walked out two miles. If he returned to the scene of the crime, he would have left it to last - debating internally whether to take the risk.

Did I hear correctly that Troy said he had an under-age girl summons to deal with on Monday, so he would be away from work? Or was it a dentist appointment? Was that Wednesday?

... trying to understand timeline

RBBM

I wish we could verify both the under-age girl summons and the dental appointment.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
How so?
Do you mean that he had nothing to lose?

I don't believe that he had a summons for an under-age girl. I think he was referring to Naomi and assuming no one could connect him with her disappearance. The truck photo wasn't released until after her car was discovered.

Troy Driver told his on-boarding trainee that he couldn't come to work on Monday because of a summons - before she was reported missing. He might have thought that his truck could not be connected to her car, so he was making a clever joke, but then the photo of his truck was released Tuesday or Wednesday and 100% connected to her abduction.

Did he park his truck in the garage perhaps near Elko and drive a company truck for the next week?

I'm curious why the co-worker didn't recognize Troy Driver in his hoodie near his truck and call it in - is Troy's appearance so generic that he blends in? Does he not normally wear hoodies?

RBBM

I wish we could verify both the under-age girl summons and the dental appointment.

JMVHO.

I suspect that neither are real - that both are an excuse to do something other than go to work in the days after the abduction. However, it's very unusual to use "summons for under-age girl" as a reason to miss work for a 41 year old in a supervisory position.

Do we expect to hear about some of the evidence LE collected from the car at today’s arraignment, in addition to other new information we’ve not been told yet?

Depends on the state. Florida releases everything pre-trial, don't know about Nevada. Alford Plea is an option in Nevada - where the suspect acknowledges that evidence supports conviction. I don' see this suspect revealing anything about finding Naomi.

All we know about the car is that there is evidence of criminal activity. This was prior to forensic analysis, meaning the criminal activity was evident to the naked eye. Her purse and phone have not been found. What about her clothing? Was the evidence fragments of clothing or blood, urine, etc.?

So she's somewhere in this area? So many options. Did he plan an hour or a weekend? Why would he miss work on Monday if it was all over before sunset on Saturday?

I don't think he would drive hours from the abduction site in Naomi's car to attack Naomi - assuming this is an abduction/rape/murder situation.

upload_2022-3-30_0-30-37.png

upload_2022-3-30_0-39-53.png

upload_2022-3-30_0-41-39.png

Last edited:
Depends on the state. Florida releases everything pre-trial, don't know about Nevada. Alford Plea is an option in Nevada - where the suspect acknowledges that evidence supports conviction. I don' see this suspect revealing anything about finding Naomi.

All we know about the car is that there is evidence of criminal activity. This was prior to forensic analysis, meaning the criminal activity was evident to the naked eye. Her purse and phone have not been found. What about her clothing? Was the evidence fragments of clothing or blood, urine, etc.?
If there is that kind of evidence in the car, why are they telling the family they have no reason to believe she has been harmed?

I'm not sure. I think they'll believe she's out there alive somewhere until there's something proving otherwise. I can understand having hope since it doesn't seem that there's any evidence (that we know of) of anything other than the kidnapping at this point..
I haven't listened to any interviews with the family. Do they seem to know what evidence was found in her car? I guess I was assuming blood or other bodily fluids suggesting injury and/or rape, but maybe not? If they are still assuming she is alive, maybe it's not blood.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Has he done this before, did he got sloppy with taking Naomi?
So many places to hide someone in the rugged desert outside of Reno.
I’m surprised, if he was paid well, that he was renting. The rental property looked really shabby.
I agree he risked giving up everything he had for a few hours of “fulfilling a fantasy.”
If he is indeed a predator who has these urges, I don't think that he was thinking of risking anything. I think the compulsion takes over any other rational thought.

This is all my own opinion only. I've been thinking about this for awhile and I believe he put her in her trunk. Supposedly her phone was still pinging 10 minutes after the abduction. I think after that he pulled over somewhere and moved her to her trunk. I think that is when he removed her cell phone. I came up with this scenario after it was stated that there was evidence in her car that she had been abducted. If that evidence was her hair, bodily fluids, etc she didn't willingly put it in her trunk. I hope I'm saying this in a way that makes sense. Now what did Troy Driver do for the next 10 hours. I pray Naomi is alive but I fear she may not be. I say this because a kidnapping charge is not as bad as murder and they already have him and his vehicle on video so why wouldn't he just say where she is if still alive. He's at the very least being charged with kidnapping he can't get out of. If she's alive he would say where just to avoid the murder charges. If he did kill her and they don't find her he probably thinks he can't be charged with murder, but he will be even without a body. MOO

I haven't listened to any interviews with the family. Do they seem to know what evidence was found in her car? I guess I was assuming blood or other bodily fluids suggesting injury and/or rape, but maybe not? If they are still assuming she is alive, maybe it's not blood.
I haven't seen anything specific on it. They said something along the lines of "evidence a crime occurred" if I'm remembering correctly, but haven't ever said if it was blood evidence or something similar.

No. This isn't a bus system. This is a private contractor for bringing Panasonic ( or Tesla) employees to the USA Parkway location. The facility is huge and the parking lots are really too small to accommodate 7,000 people that work there. Employees were ending up parking miles from the plant and not turning up on time for their shifts.

This shuttle system would not be bringing people into the Ledcor areas of Reno from Fernley. The more I read about it, the Fernley shuttle only goes to the plant and back to the Fernley Walmart. It doesn't stop anywhere else.

I don't really know where the pickup spots for the Reno, Carson City, Stagecoach, or Silver Springs Panasonic employees are.

Interesting. That seems like there would have been plenty of other Panasonic or Tesla employees also parked in that Walmart parking lot at that hour waiting for the shuttle, possibly all parked in the same small area. Have there been any reports about this, and whether any of them noticed him stalking or even moving toward her car?

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom link for hearing today per Lyon County Sheriff's Office
"This is the zoom link for the hearing of Troy Driver. The hearing is scheduled to start at noon pst on Wednesday March 30. You will have the ability to join the meeting starting at 1145.
We will also be going live on fb from the hearing as well (with less difficulties than last week) if you cant get on the zoom."

I suspect that neither are real - that both are an excuse to do something other than go to work in the days after the abduction. However, it's very unusual to use "summons for under-age girl" as a reason to miss work for a 41 year old in a supervisory position.

BBM...I am not sure TD said everything that the co-worker claims he was told, at this point. I'm not sure this guy doesn't just have an axe to grind with LedCor for terminating him. There may be truth in parts of his story, but I would take it all with a grain of salt unless and until someone else comes forward to corroborate it. JMO

Last edited:
BBM Where did you see/hear LE has informed the family that they have no reason to believe she has been harmed?

Her brother, Casey, has made statements indicating they have no reason to believe she is not alive. I don't know if that's from LE or just their own thoughts but I have seen him make that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie