Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her brother, Casey, has made statements indicating they have no reason to believe she is not alive. I don't know if that's from LE or just their own thoughts but I have seen him make that statement.
I believe the family is going with the theory Naomi is being trafficked, which would explain why they believe she's still alive. I'm not sure Troy abducted Naomi to traffic her. My opinion is that Troy abducted her for his own purposes.

I believe the family is going with the theory Naomi is being trafficked, which would explain why they believe she's still alive. I'm not sure Troy abducted Naomi to traffic her. My opinion is that Troy abducted her for his own purposes.

Agreed. However, it also makes me very curious as to exactly what evidence was found in the car--or elsewhere--for them to believe this. I know we likely won't find out for a while but I'm curious, as I suppose most are.

BBM...I am not sure TD said all of these things that the co-worker claims. I'm not putting much faith into anything this guy has reported, because the ONLY thing he said that we should be able to verify is that TD shaved his beard off after Naomi's abduction, and he clearly still had it when he was arrested. I can grow facial hair pretty quickly, but nah...

I'm not sure this guy doesn't just have an axe to grind with LedCor for terminating him. There may be SOME truth in parts of his story, but I would take it all with a grain of salt unless and until someone else comes forward to corroborate it. JMO

BBM
I haven't followed all the details closely, so I apologize in advance if I'm wrong... I haven't watched the video with the colleague, so I don't have an opinion on his reliability. My understanding is that the trainee/colleague said TD went from having a beard to having a goatee. He didn't say TD shaved off his beard.

Interesting. That seems like there would have been plenty of other Panasonic or Tesla employees also parked in that Walmart parking lot at that hour waiting for the shuttle, possibly all parked in the same small area. Have there been any reports about this, and whether any of them noticed him stalking or even moving toward her car?

This is a very interesting point. I'd like to know this as well.

Hoping this group is still approved . . info on this weekend's search:

post by Casey:
Our rally point for this weekend's search will be in Hazen Nevada, north of the railroad tracks on California Rd off of HWY 50. Saturday, April 2nd, at 10am. We will disperse from this point, be sure to stay tuned for a complete list of rules. Here’s a brief list of lessons learned and changes from last week. This will be mostly a foot search, be prepared to be in the sun, for most of the day. Drone operations will be performed by FAA licensed operators only. ATV/UTV/4x4 welcome with STRICT GUIDLINES, anyone not following vehicle guidlines will be asked to leave. Horses are welcome, and will be seperate from the off road vehicles. BE SURE TO BRING ID. EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WITH THEIR ID FOR US TO SUBMIT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT. If you don’t agree to showing ID and having your picture taken, we understand, but we will ask anyone that does not want to cooperate to leave

BBM
I haven't followed all the details closely, so I apologize in advance if I'm wrong... I haven't watched the video with the colleague, so I don't have an opinion on his reliability. My understanding is that the trainee/colleague said TD went from having a beard to having a goatee. He didn't say TD shaved off his beard.

Thank you ! I had missed that. I did edit my original post. I do still think his comments should be taken with a grain of salt unless someone can verify them. Surely others know if he did in fact miss work Monday and come in late the next day, and I think he claimed he had a swollen face. I would love to have corroboration of those statements. JMO

Hoping this group is still approved . . info on this weekend's search:

BE SURE TO BRING ID. EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN WITH THEIR ID FOR US TO SUBMIT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT. If you don’t agree to showing ID and having your picture taken, we understand, but we will ask anyone that does not want to cooperate to leave

BBM This is awesome and wish LE had done this in Libby/Abby Delphi murders.

It seems that every minute that TD was using her car was a risk and that he would have wanted to minimize his time driving it, especially with her in it.

I would assume he didn’t want to stop for gas and likely went to the mine nearest the abduction. Perhaps he knew where a gas can / or equipment fuel station was at that mine in case he needed more fuel.

Him being in it for so long, it is very surprising the vehicle wasn’t burned to hide DNA evidence. Maybe he planned to do this but either got cold feet about returning to the car or it was located before he had a chance.

It also seems like whatever tools he needed for the abduction must have been carried with him when he entered her vehicle…. Unless he returned to the crime scene with his truck later…. Or perhaps he had previously setup the location he planned to take her to… which would likely be in his phone / vehicle history.

So she's somewhere in this area? So many options. Did he plan an hour or a weekend? Why would he miss work on Monday if it was all over before sunset on Saturday?

I don't think he would drive hours from the abduction site in Naomi's car to attack Naomi - assuming this is an abduction/rape/murder situation.

View attachment 338298

View attachment 338299

View attachment 338302

That map you are showing is incorrect, otto. The Gold Bar Mine on that map is an abandoned old mine near Death Valley. Gold Bar - Tales from the Desert Gold Bar, Abandoned Mine, Ruins, Exploring

The active Gold Bar Mine that Ledcor is associated with is in Eurka County, Nevada, (central Nevada) about 15 miles north of Highway 50, between Austin and Eurka. It is owned by McEwen Mining, and it appears Ledcor managers their personnel.

It is about a 3 hour, 200 mile drive from TD's residence EAST on Highway 50, about 25 miles east of the tiny town of Austin and then north on Hot Springs Road to the Gold Bar Mine Road to the site.

Gold Bar Project, Eureka County, Nevada

The only Gold Bar Mine that is, indeed active in Nevada is the one in Eureka County .

This makes a very big difference in determining the routes he would have been traveling on.

Also, he is not currently working in Elko, and nothing current ( as in after his move to Fallon from Elko) references current work east of Elko. That, also, is a much farther drive.

I believe there were prior mentions of him working the Relief Canyon Mine east of Lovelock (Pershing County) and possibly the Isabella Pearl Mine south of Fallon generally near the town of Luning, (Mineral County, Nv). These two mines are also mentioned on the Ledcor website.

The key issue is that living in Fallon is most reasonable for him if he is working in Reno, or in the Gold Bar Mine in Eureka County, or in the Relief Canyon Mine in Pershing County, or the Isabella Pearl Mine in Mineral County. By virtue of using I-80 to get to Reno, Highway 50 east to Eureka, I-80 east to Lovelock, or Highway 95 south to the Luning area, Fallon is the best location for his job.

Last edited:
The more I read about it, the Fernley shuttle only goes to the plant and back to the Fernley Walmart. It doesn't stop anywhere else.

Interesting. That seems like there would have been plenty of other Panasonic or Tesla employees also parked in that Walmart parking lot at that hour waiting for the shuttle, possibly all parked in the same small area. Have there been any reports about this, and whether any of them noticed him stalking or even moving toward her car?

This is a very interesting point. I'd like to know this as well.

Definitely seems riskier, almost impossible, compared to perhaps following her home in the dark or waiting for her to leave her apartment in the early hours. Except for the fact that having his truck parked at Lowes gave him what he probably thought was a good alibi, compared to LE finding out his truck was pinged as being near her home.

Definitely seems riskier, almost impossible, compared to perhaps following her home in the dark or waiting for her to leave her apartment in the early hours. Except for the fact that having his truck parked at Lowes gave him what he probably thought was a good alibi, compared to LE finding out his truck was pinged as being near her home.

I would have thought that as a minimum, 10-20 people would be parking their cars in that Fernley Walmart parking lot to take the 5:30 shuttle. However, there may have been other shuttles from the Fernley Walmart to the Panasonic plant and back, depending on work shift schedules

Maybe there's another one at 7:30 am that takes a larger number of workers.

It would be nice to hear from a colleague who regularly takes either the 5:30 am shuttle or even a 3:30 am or 7:30 am shuttle.

There are so many people working in that general Tesla-Panasonic plant that I would not be surprised to hear there are staggered shifts.

Lowe's parking lot makes the most sense. During the hours Lowe's is open, the lot is full of pickup trucks of all sizes, colors, and shapes. Blending in with the herd, so to speak.. I think the Walmart parking crowd is likely mixed with a few more SUV's and sedans.

Again, a calculated, premeditated move, IMHO.

RBBM

I wish we could verify both the under-age girl summons and the dental appointment.

JMVHO.
I don’t believe the underage girl summons is a real thing because I think we would have heard about that by now. Someone involved in the case or knowing about it or newspaper articles. Something, yet we have nothing to verify that.

To be honest, I don’t know why he would have even said that. It’s a very strange thing to say if it isn’t true. How did he know his trainee wouldn’t be sketched out by this? Most people keep “underage girl” crimes very quiet due to being accosted or retaliated against.

It just doesn’t make any sense why he would say that knowing he just kidnapped an 18 year old girl. It could have put him on someone’s radar and he couldn’t afford that.

Thank you ! I had missed that. I did edit my original post. I do still think his comments should be taken with a grain of salt unless someone can verify them. Surely others know if he did in fact miss work Monday and come in late the next day, and I think he claimed he had a swollen face. I would love to have corroboration of those statements. JMO

Agreed! He seemed to be more focused on his anger over being fired than he did about the TD info, though to be fair, it could well be that he’s being perfectly honest about the excuses TD gave. I think it comes down to how honest TD was being when he gave those excuses. After all, TD would have reason to lie, whereas the co-worker seemingly did not. If he misspoke , I think it would be more about being careless with his words, and less about lying.
I too, would like to see verification but I don’t think we are going to get it. Seems to me that TD’s co-workers might take the firing as a cautionary tale and stay away from LE and the cameras.
JMHO

Last edited:
JMHO I’m not sure I trust his alleged former co-worker. It seems he may have an axe to grind with the company and is using this situation to do it. We really don’t know that anything he’s said is true. The family has seemed dismissive of it to some degree and I don’t blame them.

He may have parked his truck out of sight, telling people he didn't want people linking his truck to the POI's truck, pretending they weren't one and the same.

With his apprentice, he may have been narrative building. "Confess" to a lesser crime -- makes him look forthright.

That he's not talking and that Naomi wasn't rescued within hours of his arrest is beyond ominous.

I don't think this was a sophisticated crime... but getting the warrants to track his movements and process that data takes time.

May today be the day they bring Naomi home.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members