Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *POI died in jail before trial* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One or the other does the trick, he did both (overkill) for a reason.

Morgan Harrington's mother always said that there would be another victim before he was caught. That was Hannah Graham. Is Naomi the victim that exposed a serial murderer?

The extreme violence & brazen kidnapping of Naomi registers for me as the callousness and lack of empathy of a pure Psychopath. Not unlike many of the serial killers that are currently and have roamed the planet. (moo)

"Is Naomi the victim that exposed a serial murderer?" great question: she made the ultimate sacrifice so if she is, then her death would not be in vain...sweet girl.

Serious question for legal minds here. In reality, is a death sentence any different that a LWOP sentence in a state that has not executed anyone since 2006? To my knowledge, there is not an official moratorium on carrying out death sentences, as there is in my state, but it does not seem likely, imo, that the state will exercise their right again. Other than the remote possibility of being put to death, are there any other differences between the two? JMO
not really. LWOP is actually prob somewhat worse because they have to program. on DR they are kept more "safe" in a way and get so much more legal assistance.

RSBM
I agree.
However, I don't believe he would have left his fancy new truck with his own license plates overnight in a parking lot near the abduction. Or wanted to be caught in possession of her car.

IMO she was somewhere unknown, in an unknown condition, when he switched the vehicles.

JMO
i feel like he dumped her car and took his truck. she wasnt reported until monday and not everyone was looking for her. her brother may have been but maybe he didnt go that way.

so confused. So have we learned if Troy Driver is himself homeless or if he just came from the genera vicinity of the homeless camp the night he abducted Naomi? Because if he owns a truck with newer tires that he swapped out to try to destroy evidence he doesn't seem to be the sort of homeless who would b staying at a camp?
i think we long ago realized that, he lived w a gf in fallon. he was probaqbly coming from that direction purposely or where he parked elsewhere.

When you think about what he did. How cruel and evil he is...

Do you think it's possible that he'd had the grave dug out in advance?

And then made Naomi stand at the foot of her own grave before he shot her?

I think he's evil and depraved and cruel enough to do something like that. He's a psychopath. MOO.

My thoughts on a couple of things:

The tires: We're not certain yet whether Troy parked his truck in the dirt or on asphalt yet near Sherwin Williams/Lowes, but it's not only possible but very likely that he parked his truck in the dirt near (therefore left tire tracks) where he dropped off Naomi's car. Which could explain why he placed such high importance on swapping his tires.

Body Location Tip: When you go offroad in the desert, or you drive onto a rarely-traveled dirt road, the locals are going to notice your tire tracks. And they are going to be pissed about it b/c (according to them) these new tracks take YEARS to go away. And they really don't want you leaving your tread marks all over their pristine desert.

Any local (and since there is a ranch out there, there is at least one local) would have probably noticed new tire tracks leaving the main road and investigated or reported it, especially if he was aware that some guy in the nearest town had just been arrested for kidnapping a girl and LE had yet to find her body. Throw in the chance that there could have been some buzzards circling...

Last edited:
My thoughts on a couple of things:

The tires: We're not certain yet whether Troy parked his truck in the dirt or on asphalt yet near Sherwin Williams/Lowes, but it's not only possible but very likely that he parked his truck in the dirt near (therefore left tire tracks) where he dropped off Naomi's car. Which could explain why he placed such high importance on swapping his tires.

Body Location Tip: When you go offroad in the desert, or you drive onto a rarely-traveled dirt road, the locals are going to notice your tire tracks. And they are going to be pissed about it b/c (according to them) these new tracks take YEARS to go away. And they really don't want you leaving your tread marks all over their pristine desert.

Any local (and since there is a ranch out there, there is at least one local) would have probably noticed new tire tracks leaving the main road and investigated or reported it, especially if he was aware that some guy in the nearest town had just been arrested for kidnapping a girl and LE had yet to find her body. Throw in the chance that there could have been some buzzards circling...

Interesting. I had no idea new tracks might take years to disappear.

JMVHO.

Same thought I had. Does the wind not blow there?

We actually get quite a bit of wind in Northern NV. In fact, there was an article years ago indicating we are actually more windy that the famous windy city.

The windiest city in the USA might surprise you.

Reno second-windiest city in the U.S. in 2016

I'm not too familiar with the area Naomi was found to say if there is wind there on a regular basis but in general this area gets wind almost daily.

ETA this link shows avg winds in various cities in NV--not sure of date of data:

Nevada Average Wind Speed City Rank

Last edited:
This reporter will be updating the hearing this am:

Hearing is set for 11:00 in Fernley and I'll be in the courtroom.

Ben Margiott KRNV

This is strictly a bail hearing, right? Will TD appear via video, or will his attorney handle it without him needing to appear? I can't imagine that he will be allowed bail.

I'm curious about the statements that Naomi's phone was hidden at more than one location, and that her time of death is somewhere in a 10 day range. It leaves me curious whether she was alive and held for a few days.

This is strictly a bail hearing, right? Will TD appear via video, or will his attorney handle it without him needing to appear? I can't imagine that he will be allowed bail.

From article above: Driver will be formally charged with murder on Friday, April 8th at 11 a.m. at the Canal Township Justice Court in Fernley.
He’s now accused of first-degree murder with the use of a deadly weapon, first-degree kidnapping, robbery, burglary of a motor vehicle and destroying evidence, according to the new complaint Rye filed Tuesday in Canal Township Justice Court in Fernley.

Driver’s public defender, Mario Walther, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

another article:
Troy Driver to be arraigned on new charges in Naomi Irioni's death on Friday

Prosecutors are expected to request he be held without bail, or his bail raised, until a preliminary hearing is held to determine whether there’s enough evidence to bound him over for trial in state district court.

I'm curious about the statements that Naomi's phone was hidden at more than one location, and that her time of death is somewhere in a 10 day range. It leaves me curious whether she was alive and held for a few days.
Naomi's mother was on Court TV recently. She was asked about the family's rapport with police in light of the accusations Naomi's brother directed at them. The mother said that it would have been too late for Naomi even if the response was better (or something to that effect).

"Whatever happened in the beginning is irrelevant now, because it was too late anyway."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back