Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *POI died in jail before trial* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a family member of victim who was abducted and murdered along with experiencing death of suspect in custody awaiting trial, it was initially difficult not having opportunity in witnessing his conviction and not knowing the exact details so as to try and understand but years later realize it was for the best. Detective stated we didn’t really need to know the specifics, he shielded us from the horrible events and withheld those details from media after he died behind bars of heart attack. As I’ve mentioned before we never recovered her remains so I’m thankful Naomi’s family has that plus their tremendous faith.
Hugs.

Has anyone ever seen LE do something similar to this? I thought LCSO did a great job, it was sensitive to her family, not overly detailed - just enough to connect the dots.

I still have questions - if he pre-planned this by digging the grave back in Feburary. He must have been trolling for victims as well. I'd like to know how he knew Naomi was alone in her car? Had he been watching her previously?

Live now

The Lyons County Sheriff’s Department really did a wonderful job with this entire press conference and presentation. I have never seen anything like this done before. It really honors the victim - which is so needed after a double tragedy like this where the family loses both their loved one AND the opportunity to seek justice for her in court due to the perpetrator taking the coward’s way out! I am all for this. The LCSO had the evidence, I am so glad they shared it!! I mean, they might as well convict him posthumously! Naomi and her family deserve all the support in the world.

But omg, some of those reporters questions were killing me. You would think they had never spoken to law enforcement or reported on inmates in jails before in their life! Or maybe us true crimers know far more about what goes on in jails than the average journalist? I can’t tell anymore if I’m losing patience or perspective…

I wasn't going to read the letter, but I did. And from what I read, he states that "I didn't do this thing". It doesn't look like he took any responsibility at all.

It seems to me that his significant other completely went "no contact". And then, his life really sucked. No commissary money. No visits except his attorney, who probably wanted him to just settle or admit guilt. He realized he really messed up his world.

I wasn't going to read the letter, but I did. And from what I read, he states that "I didn't do this thing". It doesn't look like he took any responsibility at all.

It seems to me that his significant other completely went "no contact". And then, his life really sucked. No commissary money. No visits except his attorney, who probably wanted him to just settle or admit guilt. He realized he really messed up his world.

I don't think he takes responsibility necessarily, but I think he did confess in a round about way. By saying that it "wasn't sexually motivated," but, something happened that he can "neither justify nor explain." Also, the guilt is "crushing him, he didn't know anything about her until too late." It bothers me when he says in the past he never read the news or allowed himself to think about it after he had done it because the pain and suffering of family and friends hurts him - WHAT ELSE has he done in the past??? But, this time he couldn't escape the news. Also, he is claiming that his death will serve as justice for her family.

This guy admitted that he had evil inside of him that he couldn't control - just like a drug addiction. What else did he do?!

I don't think he takes responsibility necessarily, but I think he did confess in a round about way. By saying that it "wasn't sexually motivated," but, something happened that he can "neither justify nor explain." Also, the guilt is "crushing him, he didn't know anything about her until too late." It bothers me when he says in the past he never read the news or allowed himself to think about it after he had done it because the pain and suffering of family and friends hurts him - WHAT ELSE has he done in the past??? But, this time he couldn't escape the news. Also, he is claiming that his death will serve as justice for her family.

This guy admitted that he had evil inside of him that he couldn't control - just like a drug addiction. What else did he do?!
Good question.

I also didn’t read any remorse for taking her life away from her, or for the suffering HER family and friends are going through. Seemed focused on his own mother and GF.

he wrote it like a wila.
Look at you always teaching by making me google. wila n.— «At the county level, gang members use letters on tiny scraps of paper called wilas, a slang term that translates to tiny writing.
I get nervous just looking at that photo.
It's the deformed ear that terrifies a straight on facial stare. It's a sad and helpless feeling knowing Naomi was terrified that fateful day by this reprehensible creep.

This is not a confession and he does not take responsibility nor is there remorse. He seems to say he wouldn't have done it if he had known more. Huh?

I, too, think that he hints he has done other bad things in the past that he says he had no control over. I don't really see closure in this. I'm glad he is dead.

My condolences to Naomi Irion's family and friends.

This is not a confession and he does not take responsibility nor is there remorse. He seems to say he wouldn't have done it if he had known more. Huh?

I, too, think that he hints he has done other bad things in the past that he says he had no control over. I don't really see closure in this. I'm glad he is dead.

My condolences to Naomi Irion's family and friends.

That is interesting, and I think we touched on this when he was arrested, if there were any other women missing in the area where he lived?

I surmised that he probably did kill some other women, probably street workers, and that type didn't satisfy him. Most of those gals are usually on drugs and their response was probably very dulled, by drug use. He probably wanted real fear. The problem with a pretty young girl, not a drug addict, is that she would have strong community ties, with people who would go to authorities and report her missing, right away.

(A lot of drug addicts don't usually report their friends missing, because they think she will turn up eventually, and they, have no desire to report anyone missing as many have warrants out, and bad experiences with authorities).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back