Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *POI died in jail before trial* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why, just why?

If he didn't value his life, why did he have to take hers?

So senseless, so unfair.

His heart's not worth the dirt they'll bury him under, but Naomi had a full life ahead of her...

Sad and mad.

jmo
It’s not that he didn’t value his life, he just wasn’t prepared to live the life that stood before him. Cowardly and selfish act.

Like Castro before him. They inflicted the most horrible acts upon innocent girls/women. The victims endured the trauma and abuse but the abuser couldn’t deal with his own circumstances.

. Glad he’s gone.

I am conflicted on my view of his suicide. My first reaction was good. In one sense, some justice was served as he was forced to either face trial or kill himself. Two options only. He killed himself. The family will not have to sit through a trial/appeals or potential parole hearings (doubtful of course). In another sense, he was still trying to control this by taking himself out, is a coward, and yada yada. I wonder how the family feels?

I'm just glad they were able to recover Naomi's remains before he killed himself

yes, this is the most important thing

I personally lean towards being OK with guys like this killing themselves before they go to trial. They don't usually end up taking any accountability even if found guilty with strong evidence. And its a drain on our society to have to waste all the money on them while they live for decades in prison. Now no one has to ever worry about him getting out, or hurting anyone else. The family has a true ending to the case. They might be hurt in the short term, feeling cheated out of a trial, but I think a few years down the road they'll be glad it went this way.

yes, this is the most important thing

I personally lean towards being OK with guys like this killing themselves before they go to trial. They don't usually end up taking any accountability even if found guilty with strong evidence. And its a drain on our society to have to waste all the money on them while they live for decades in prison. Now no one has to ever worry about him getting out, or hurting anyone else. The family has a true ending to the case. They might be hurt in the short term, feeling cheated out of a trial, but I think a few years down the road they'll be glad it went this way.
I agree so much with this.

...the district attorney in Lyon County said some of the evidence against Driver will be released in the coming weeks.

“I wanted to know what the sentencing in this case was going to be, too, ” [Naomi's sister] said. “I wanted to be there to hear it for my sister.”

As a family member of victim who was abducted and murdered along with experiencing death of suspect in custody awaiting trial, it was initially difficult not having opportunity in witnessing his conviction and not knowing the exact details so as to try and understand but years later realize it was for the best. Detective stated we didn’t really need to know the specifics, he shielded us from the horrible events and withheld those details from media after he died behind bars of heart attack. As I’ve mentioned before we never recovered her remains so I’m thankful Naomi’s family has that plus their tremendous faith.

I approve of this alleged murderer's suicidal fate. I take it as a signature from him of guilt for the horrendous kidnapping and brutal murder of the lovely 18yo Naomi Irons.

Although her sister's wish to hear his sentence announced in a courtroom has been denied by his selfish actions, because the defendant stole that wish from her, Troy snuffed his pathetic life.

May Peace and Love bless Naomi's beautiful family, friends and loved ones forevermore. Let us remember her beauty, her innocence and her dreams with bittersweet fondness.

I'm glad, but I'm mad.

What makes me mad, is that women in the United States are still not safe, sitting in your car, waiting for a bus to go to work, should be a safe activity. We shouldn't have to double check that our doors are locked, and look around for creeps trying to attack us.

The world isn't getting any safer. Women can't go running alone, during the day, as the case of Mollie Tibbets. So many other cases here at WS. The real question is how to change this...

What makes me mad, is that women in the United States are still not safe, sitting in your car, waiting for a bus to go to work, should be a safe activity. We shouldn't have to double check that our doors are locked, and look around for creeps trying to attack us.

The world isn't getting any safer. Women can't go running alone, during the day, as the case of Mollie Tibbets. So many other cases here at WS. The real question is how to change this...
I agree and I have my own way.

After Naomi was found and Driver had been indicted, I remember her Mom said she would not attend the trial. I hope the family is at peace with the final cowardly act of the monster who took Naomi's life. Personally, I would be happy to know he's gone forever.

The best thing I can say having just watched that press confidence is that at least it seemed to weigh upon him, if he’s being truthful. Doesn’t make me forgive or forget, but the idea that the pressure of the decision he made made a space in its head to haunt him until he make the choice to take his own life is at least a modicum of some relief.

The written report of the Lyon County Sheriff's conference today that was included above doesn't show a component of the suicide note that was reported locally:

"According to Pope, the letter did not include specifics on his alleged crime, but he did admit guilt within the letter. He wrote that “nothing I did was sexually motivated.” What a sh--ty coward. His suicide note isn't forthright and he was really afraid that the trial would let people see what a piece of garbage he really was.

Coward and a liar to the end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008
Back