Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to her brother in the Gray Hughes interview, her car pulled in the lot as the suspect was pacing that yellow line. Then when we see him stop and stare in that direction, her car was parked in the spot. So it definitely seems he was specifically waiting for her. I know most of us felt that way already, but for me, this solidifies it. Like he knew the approximate time she would arrive each morning and was just waiting for that to happen. IMO if this was someone just wanting to rob/kidnap anybody and no one in particular, there were already other cars in the lot, and the one with the headlights on most certainly had an individual in it, so why wait specifically for Naomi unless she was targeted.

I also tend to agree with Gray's theory that the kidnapper drove her somewhere else immediately from the Walmart lot (rather than just spending ~10 hours with her by Sherwin Williams), did whatever he did, left her somewhere else, and then returned for his vehicle. The only thing that makes me go "hmm" is that, why wouldn't he wait to get his vehicle/dump hers after dark so he had less chances of being caught/captured on a good quality video, etc? However, as someone else in this thread hypothesized, maybe he had somewhere he absolutely had to be by 4 or 5, so he had no choice but to go get his vehicle. He seems familiar with that whole area, so maybe he knew it wasn't well-traveled and wasn't that concerned with someone spotting him. And/or he was just brazen and figured even if his truck was captured on CCTV that it wouldn't end up being tied to this. Luckily, it was.
My father always said, if you want to hide something, hide it in plain sight. And I think that’s what he was doing. I think he knew no one would see him at that time of day and outside that fence across the dirt pathway from SW. I think he knew no one had reported her missing yet, and he knew he could do this quickly without being noticed. And he was right, it was days later until they found her car. This guy had been planning this for awhile. He may have even known when the SW plant would be quiet as in an hour before a shift change. All IMO of course. But he felt very comfortable from the get go. Especially so brazenly standing in plain sight watching her that morning in her vehicle. It’s almost like he wanted her to see him. Or made sure she hadn’t seen him, and when there was no reaction therefore sure she hadn’t seen him, he circled twice to be sure, knowing what time the shuttle was coming, and then made his move. I think he left his truck there and had no choice but to come back to get it, using her car to do get back there. I’m rambling now. So much going on in my head. Wherever his truck was parked, he parked it in a lot where no one would think anything of it being there for any length of time. This was quite the elaborate plan and so far he’s pulled it off. With that kind of specific truck, how has it not been spotted by now???? IMO. God help her.

Naomi’s brother, Casey gave us some good nuggets last night on Gray Hughes. And Gray gave Casey some great ideas. I’m posting the segment again so you don’t have to search for it. It’s in the beginning of this video where Casey is on. (only for about 30 mins or so)

I’m not great at sleuthing but I think there are hints sprinkled here and there to answer some questions.

Sorry not in the first 30 minutes. Give it about an hour

According to Naomi's brother in the Grey Hughes video, all of Naomi's social media is in the hands of LE. As far as dating, it was briefly mentioned, brother said social media being run to ground and checked as well. He also implied that there was more information in that area that he was not going to share.

It did sound like she did dated, but I did not get the impression she had a boyfriend, specifically.

This just seems so well-planned and pre-meditated.

Very worried for Naomi. Her brother looked like he was using every ounce of strength to keep it together, talking to Grey, poor guy.

All MOO

About her casual clothing for work:

I looked up the job descriptions for Panasonic. A lot of the employment opportunities are in 'Manufacturing and Warehouse; and Material Handler.

It looks like she might have had to wear a protective covering type of uniform and lots of safety gear when she was working.

For clothing:

Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask, respirator or PAPR, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net
my husband has to wear similar. he manages the ordering for a company that makes computer boards. they wear anti static stuff.

Gardenista.
If the suspect was still knocking about in the truck around 10 hours later, what would motivate him to do that? Particularly in view of the fact he'd left Naomi's vehicle parked in a spot where it could be easily found
to see if anyone noticed anthing. the perp who killed sara goodwin was cruising the area right after too

I'm also now super observant and very cautious. Years ago it was nighttime and I was leaving Walmart alone. There were very few people in the parking lot and suddenly I began to feel very uneasy. I wasn't sure if someone was following me, but what I did was to wave (as though I was with someone who was coming with me) and I yelled "Hey, the car's over here. Let's go". I then quickly got to my car, locked the doors and drove off. Ever since I do not shop after dark ever.
i get that feeling too and always trust it.

Presser tomorrow

276162916_343948911113007_3968706084192295136_n.jpg

Regarding the most recent Gray Hughes youtube, I disagree with him regarding the location of the truck. Per GH, the truck location (orange on map) is right next to the place where the car was found.

upload_2022-3-21_11-12-34.png

Given how meticulously planned this abduction appears to be, I do not agree that the truck was left on the side of the road throughout the day at the location where the car was found. If the suspect was that unconcerned about his truck being associated with the car, he would have parked it at Walmart. I believe that the suspect was as meticulous with hiding his truck as he was when he decided to walk to the Walmart parking lot.

One possible location for the truck is East of the Lowe's store at the Polyglass Inc parking lot.

Google Maps

Regarding the most recent Gray Hughes youtube, I disagree with him regarding the location of the truck. Per GH, the truck location (orange on map) is right next to the place where the car was found.

View attachment 337245

Given how meticulously planned this abduction appears to be, I do not agree that the truck was left on the side of the road throughout the day at the location where the car was found. If the suspect was that unconcerned about his truck being associated with the car, he would have parked it at Walmart. I believe that the suspect was as meticulous with hiding his truck as he was when he decided to walk to the Walmart parking lot.

One possible location for the truck is East of the Lowe's store at the Polyglass Inc parking lot.

Google Maps
Good points and if a person were to hit that theory up to Gray in the right way, Gray might agree. IMO.

Additionally, regarding the shadows and software he used to estimate time of day, I see that he used Autodesk 3ds Max. This is an animation software that has a daylight feature. I haven't watched the video where he discusses shadow and time of day, but I do know that he needed to import or create an object that is the same size as the truck to replicate the shadow.

I did see where he created a box with 4 cylinders as wheels, but if the box is not the same size as the truck, then it doesn't work. It is possible to import vehicles to the software, but I did not see that in his video.

Based on the sunset time of 6 PM, and the long shadows of the truck, I would estimate that the photo of the vehicle is taken between 4-6 PM. However, without understanding how sun and shadows are in NV, that's a complete estimated guess.

Good points and if a person were to hit that theory up to Gray in the right way, Gray might agree. IMO.

Actually, the first caller asked some questions about the truck location, but that did not result in discussion about alternate locations for the truck.

Given what we can assume about how careful the suspect was in planning this abduction, it seems completely inconsistent to leave his truck at the exact location where he left her car. Anyone who drove that road on March 12 would have wondered why the truck was parked at such an unusual location.

Additionally, regarding the shadows and software he used to estimate time of day, I see that he used Autodesk 3ds Max. This is an animation software that has a daylight feature. I haven't watched the video where he discusses shadow and time of day, but I do know that he needed to import or create an object that is the same size as the truck to replicate the shadow.

I did see where he created a box with 4 cylinders as wheels, but if the box is not the same size as the truck, then it doesn't work. It is possible to import vehicles to the software, but I did not see that in his video.

Based on the sunset time of 6 PM, and the long shadows of the truck, I would estimate that the photo of the vehicle is taken between 4-6 PM. However, without understanding how sun and shadows are in NV, that's a complete estimated guess.
You match Gray’s predictions

You match Gray’s predictions

True, but I'm guessing based on sunset and long shadow. The software would provide an exact time if he imported a truck model, modified the dimensions to match the truck, and then added the daylight feature. I used to teach the software, so I'm familiar with how this is done.

Listened and some tidbits:
at 1:05 on Gray Hughes Investigates Casey, Naomi's brother, stated that the FBI has been "all over" Panasonic and all possible harassment at work issues. There were a few incidents Naomi told him about, harassment-wise and all those involved have been looked at.

"One thing that people may not realize is that because of my father being a government employee the way he is the FBI has been involved since before this became an abduction case." -
hmmm not sure what this means? Anyone?

Then her brother goes into the first 36 hours ... and issues that will be discussed later because finding Naomi is the most important right now.
Sounds like there were issues locally with LE?

Listened and some tidbits:
at 1:05 on Gray Hughes Investigates Casey, Naomi's brother, stated that the FBI has been "all over" Panasonic and all possible harassment at work issues. There were a few incidents Naomi told him about, harassment-wise and all those involved have been looked at.

"One thing that people may not realize is that because of my father being a government employee the way he is the FBI has been involved since before this became an abduction case." -
hmmm not sure what this means? Anyone?

Then her brother goes into the first 36 hours ... and issues that will be discussed later because finding Naomi is the most important right now.
Sounds like there were issues locally with LE?

Not sure but I wondered a bit back if she could have been targeted because of her father being a govt employee. The fact that they have said it's not random AND the govt employee makes me wonder if it's not a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member