Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"One thing that people may not realize is that because of my father being a government employee the way he is the FBI has been involved since before this became an abduction case." -
hmmm not sure what this means? Anyone?

it almost sounded like he went looking and asking for CCTV knowing where she parked for work and they showed him the video because in the interview he then says he " phoned in an abduction",,,,? or did i mishear that yesterday ...probably misheard it

Listened and some tidbits:
at 1:05 on Gray Hughes Investigates Casey, Naomi's brother, stated that the FBI has been "all over" Panasonic and all possible harassment at work issues. There were a few incidents Naomi told him about, harassment-wise and all those involved have been looked at.

"One thing that people may not realize is that because of my father being a government employee the way he is the FBI has been involved since before this became an abduction case." -
hmmm not sure what this means? Anyone?

Then her brother goes into the first 36 hours ... and issues that will be discussed later because finding Naomi is the most important right now.
Sounds like there were issues locally with LE?
I can hazard a good guess from this statement he made at the Presser.

.......She came...she didn't come home Sunday, and I knew something was wrong. I immediately, you know, reached out to family first to see if they've heard from her. I reached out to all the jails and hospitals in the nearby area. All the way from Churchill County to Washoe County, Sacramento, Carson City, everywhere like that. And it was at that point that I knew something was wrong, and I made sure to call dispatch on Sunday night, as...just like the press release says.".......

I imagine Naomi's dad wasn't taking any chances, and probably contacted someone he knew that works in the FBI straightaway.

Regarding the most recent Gray Hughes youtube, I disagree with him regarding the location of the truck. Per GH, the truck location (orange on map) is right next to the place where the car was found.

View attachment 337245

Given how meticulously planned this abduction appears to be, I do not agree that the truck was left on the side of the road throughout the day at the location where the car was found. If the suspect was that unconcerned about his truck being associated with the car, he would have parked it at Walmart. I believe that the suspect was as meticulous with hiding his truck as he was when he decided to walk to the Walmart parking lot.

One possible location for the truck is East of the Lowe's store at the Polyglass Inc parking lot.

Google Maps

I agree about the truck location.

It all goes to the premeditation of this crime and the details in advance planning. I notice that he chose areas that are all relatively deserted in the early morning hours, and are farther east from the eateries and gas stations that are more likely to have people around before dawn. He could also have left her car east of the Sherwin-Williams plant, but there would more likely have been security cameras on that east side of the building/complex as it looks as though there is a locked gate on that side to secure the semi-trucks parked there and the loading dock. He also would have been far more likely to have been picked up on security camera walking past the front of the Sherwin-Williams plant, just as his truck was seen there on camera.

The direction his truck is headed in that afternoon photo (east) goes towards another highway interchange that would be far less busy than the I-80 / alt-5-, alt-95 interchange.

He's really done a lot of reconnaisance for this crime.

Picking a vulnerable victim who would be predictable in her routine by her job and the shuttle. Hiding both vehicles "in plain sight", but also in relatively inconspicuous areas. Knowing the freeway interchange layout for easy and inconspicuous access.

Reasonable to conclude the place he took her was just as planned and inconspicuous.

I get the feeling this guy is relatively local to northern Nevada, maybe not the Fernley area, but more like Reno or Fallon. There isn't much of anywhere to be from east of there for 100 miles.

The use of the Walmart as a 5 am pickup place for a shuttle is unusual for this area. There just aren't that many other work shuttles or buses. Because of this, I am concerned that he actually knows her through work.

Last edited:
Not sure but I wondered a bit back if she could have been targeted because of her father being a govt employee. The fact that they have said it's not random AND the govt employee makes me wonder if it's not a coincidence.

Have police said that this is not a random/stranger abduction? I have heard that all possibilities are being considered - such as someone she met in the 6-7 months that she lived in the USA, or a complete stranger whose goal was to stalk and abduct someone.

it almost sounded like he went looking and asking for CCTV knowing where she parked for work and they showed him the video because in the interview he then says he " phoned in an abduction",,,,? or did i mishear that yesterday ...probably misheard it

That's what I understood as well. He went to bed early on Saturday and did not notice that Naomi did not come home. On Sunday, he assumed that she left before he woke up. Sunday evening he wondered where she was and called jails and hospitals. I was surprised that he called jails. He called HR at her work on Monday and learned that she did not arrive at work on Saturday.

A friend suggested requesting Walmart surveillance footage to check whether she arrived at the Walmart shuttle bus on Saturday morning. That's when he saw what happened between the suspect and Naomi, so he contacted police and reported a kidnapping. I'm assuming all of this happened before the FBI became involved.

Have police said that this is not a random/stranger abduction? I have heard that all possibilities are being considered - such as someone she met in the 6-7 months that she lived in the USA, or a complete stranger whose goal was to stalk and abduct someone.

I believe last week's presser indicated she was targeted but I am sure they are considering all possibilities.

I believe last week's presser indicated she was targeted but I am sure they are considering all possibilities.

It seems obvious that this abduction was planned, including stalking prior to abduction. In that sense, it was targeted. BTK, for example, carefully planned his murders as well, but most were random/stranger murders.

Nope, they didn't even hint that she could have been targeted. I believe the family are considering it as a strong possibility, but as far as LE are concerned, they haven't indicated a direction they're going in.

It seems obvious that this abduction was planned, including stalking prior to abduction. In that sense, it was targeted. BTK, for example, carefully planned his murders as well, but most were random/stranger murders.

Yes. The perp had to know her work schedule. Unusual for someone randomly picked in a Walmart parking lot to have a job that involved working Saturday and taking a shuttle van. Also, knowing that she wouldn't be noticed as missing for some time, rather than a random early local shopper who would have maybe kids and spouse back at home on at Saturday am.

That's what I understood as well. He went to bed early on Saturday and did not notice that Naomi did not come home. On Sunday, he assumed that she left before he woke up. Sunday evening he wondered where she was and called jails and hospitals. I was surprised that he called jails. He called HR at her work on Monday and learned that she did not arrive at work on Saturday.

A friend suggested requesting Walmart surveillance footage to check whether she arrived at the Walmart shuttle bus on Saturday morning. That's when he saw what happened between the suspect and Naomi, so he contacted police and reported a kidnapping. I'm assuming all of this happened before the FBI became involved.

its nice that Walmart helped right off the bat

crazy can't imagine what it must have been like to view that footage and piece it all together in real time

today's Monday hopefully we hear an update today sometime in the search for Naomi

I wouldn't think Walmart would give out surveillance footage to anyone other than LE for a stipulated reason.

I haven't gone through all the threads. Did her father claim to see the Walmart footage before LE did, and called to report a kidnaping, not a missing person?

Presser tomorrow

276162916_343948911113007_3968706084192295136_n.jpg
I have to wonder if this PC is that PC where we all kind of know that it isn’t going to be good. Why not do the PC today? Why wait until tomorrow? I’m very scared right now, and I hope it’s ok I’m commenting in this way, thinking the worst. I don’t want to, but I’ve been around enough cases to know, if they have a significant update or piece of evidence to reveal they wouldn’t be waiting until tomorrow to do the PC.

Not sure but I wondered a bit back if she could have been targeted because of her father being a govt employee. The fact that they have said it's not random AND the govt employee makes me wonder if it's not a coincidence.
I'm a government employee. There might be key positions that make one a target, but you can easily find out his position and his particular employer in about 2 minutes online which is not something anyone with a sensitive position would put out there. (I'm an absolute "ghost" from an employer standpoint online). In my personal opinion it's unrelated and more likely a young woman alone, targeted for just being that and at the wrong spot at the wrong time. Frightening for her family whatever the reason.

I have to wonder if this PC is that PC where we all kind of know that it isn’t going to be good. Why not do the PC today? Why wait until tomorrow? I’m very scared right now, and I hope it’s ok I’m commenting in this way, thinking the worst. I don’t want to, but I’ve been around enough cases to know, if they have a significant update or piece of evidence to reveal they wouldn’t be waiting until tomorrow to do the PC.

I'm hoping for a ransom note or something like that has developed.

Hey Everyone,

I have sent a message to Naomi's brother. If anyone has any contacts to the family or if you are somehow connected to the family please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com
I would like to discuss having you come on our Websleuths Live Stream tonight at 10 pm Eastern.
Please Do Not send me a private message. Just email. Thanks for your help.
Tricia

Hey Everyone,

I have sent a message to Naomi's brother. If anyone has any contacts to the family or if you are somehow connected to the family please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com
I would like to discuss having you come on our Websleuths Live Stream tonight at 10 pm Eastern.
Please Do Not send me a private message. Just email. Thanks for your help.
Tricia
Yay Tricia and Ping. Looking forward to tonight. If you don’t hear back right away, they are busy today. Mom is flying in from South Africa.

Has there been an official statement that she was shoved to the passenger seat? How would a camera see that unless it was in the car?

I have a suv and I’m considered to be a small woman. It would be extremely difficult for me to be shoved to the passenger seat. The gear shift and console storage are between the seats.

she looks to be a rather larger female. How could she be shoved to the other seat?
I don't know the setup of this type of car but they did post the license plates somewhere and doing a reverse scan I was able to pull vin and make/model
1992 Mercury Sable
Left vin off just in case it was against the rules,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads