Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not an approved group. From SillyBilly's post. Bolded by me.

.....Because Tamara is Naomi's sister, we are allowing her FB page because it is obviously dedicated to finding Naomi. That approved page is "Help Us Find Naomi Irion".....

This is the link to Tamara's FB page.

This is what I said:

Well, it's too late to push all the toothpaste back in the tube, but True Crime Misfits was NOT an approved source. We will let it stand this time rather than go back 20 pages to remove all the info and responses. When in doubt, use the Report feature to ask a Mod or Admin BEFORE posting links to miscellaneous social media Missing groups. Not all of them are allowed.

Sorry if that was not clear. The bolded part was meant to convey that we will continue to allow it as a source in this discussion as it has already been relied upon extensively throughout the discussion. (Again, with our usual caveats that only posts by the Admin can be discussed.)

I hope that clarifies that it is still okay to use it as a source, along with her sister's FB and TikTok.

Wouldn’t LE, more specifically the FBI have access to this already? JMO
I'm not sure. They don't have her phone and maybe it's associated with an email they don't know? I don't have a TikTok so I'm not sure if it uses email or phone number, but just an idea.
I have a Facebook account with a random email/different name

I think they need to release the video they have so we the public can get a better idea of anything out of the ordinary that happened as he took over. Plus would need to see video of them getting in the truck.

Also what about street cams. Most large cities have them at most stop lights
its just the area isnt that large. also traffic cams dont always retain footage :(

I'm not sure. They don't have her phone and maybe it's associated with an email they don't know? I don't have a TikTok so I'm not sure if it uses email or phone number, but just an idea.
I have a Facebook account with a random email/different name

I agree that without her phone, it could take a long while to find a second account. Much easier if a friend can step forward with that information so LE/FBI can then work to gain access or at a minimum view the account.

What really puzzles me is where the suspect left Naomi's car.
To me that means the suspect 100% wanted that car to be found.
Even if this is a one man operation, there was no need to put her car in plain view, sticking out like a sore thumb.
The suspect could have left her car somewhere way less visible but still within walking distance of the truck.

So why? If this was a collegue that wanted to hurt her but not be connected, the car wouldn't have been at that spot.
This is a message. But what kind of message is it? To whom? And why?
And why on earth use a brand new expensive truck that's loaded with electronics.
How much of a track and trace device do you want to drive committing a crime.

Even if this is a one man operation, there was no need to put her car in plain view, sticking out like a sore thumb.
The suspect could have left her car somewhere way less visible but still within walking distance of the truck.

So why? If this was a collegue that wanted to hurt her but not be connected, the car wouldn't have been at that spot.
And why on earth use a brand new expensive truck that's loaded with electronics.
I was thinking the exact same thing! There is a dirt road behind Sherwin Williams that stops literally right beside that spot. The only thing on the road is the plant and a bunch of dirt. So why did he leave it there right at the road?
ETA: spelling, thanks!

Last edited:
I was thinking the exact same thing! There is a dirt road behind Sherman Williams that stops literally right beside that spot. The only thing on the road is the plant and a bunch of dirt. So why did he leave it there right at the road?
It's positioned in such a way that it's impossible to miss when family or police would be driving around being on the lookout for the car.
First thing you would do as a family member looking for a missing person, is go to where you know she would be heading for after she left in the morning.
Which is the parking lot of the shopping mall, to see if she made it on the bus.
When the car's not in the obvious spot, you drive around the rest of the parking lots.
When the car's not there, you start driving up and down the main road and checking other parking lots and alongside the road to see if she had an accident or drove in a ditch.
If they would have done that, the car woud have been found that same day.
Within an hour.

Couldn’t watch any longer. Feed was terrible. So, nothing new. Not a thing. So frustrating. JMO
I've had to stop watching also. I am so confused as to what the video shows and what is reported. Is Naomi's car shown in the video they have released?? Is a truck shown in the video? So many comments that to me are conflicting. One thing I observed was his shoes. They look like galoshes or rubber boots.

This is a transcription from the first part of today's presser.
There was no point transcribing the reporter's questions, because nothing new was said. It was pretty much "we can't discuss that as it's part of the ongoing investigation" etc.

Sheriff - We're going to try to be very specific on what we're doing. I'd appreciate it if you guys could hold all of your questions till afterwards. I just want everybody to know that we're coming forward because we still want to try to solicit as much input from the general public as we can. We believe that there's some information out there and some people that know something about this case, and try to get Naomi home, and they haven't come forward yet.

We're working around the clock, our agency, the FBI. This has gone state wide, nationwide. Law enforcement agencies from all over the country are calling in with information, that's hugely important, and like I said...I'm standing up here as a Sheriff of this County making a plea to the public to please come forward. We believe that there's some information out there that hasn't reached us yet and we would appreciate any input that you have.

I'm going to turn it over to Detective (couldn't make out the name), he's going to run through some stuff. Kind of give you guys an update of where we're at, and how we got to where we are today.

Detective - What we know so far, that we're able to release - On March 12, 2022 at approx. 05.09 hrs., Naomi parks at the Fernley Walmart. It's located off 1550 W. Newlands Dr., in Fernley. At approx. between 05.09-05.23 hrs. Naomi's active on social media, which is common, according to her family. At 05.23 hrs. is her last snapchat ping. We know that she was active on social media up until that point, and active on her cell phone. At 05.24 hrs., the suspect approaches Naomi's vehicle, and at 05.25 hrs., Naomi's vehicle leaves the Walmart parking lot, with the suspect driving the vehicle.

On March 15th, 2022, Naomi's vehicle is recovered, and we're currently processing all evidence with that.

(displays still images and plays a short video)

276996536_344605831047315_8625400791967353775_n.jpg
277107505_344605857713979_5245529698132554518_n.jpg
276995165_344605921047306_7685106790349265721_n.jpg
277101576_344605887713976_3992702848038991334_n.jpg

As you notice, it's been on social media that the way the suspect walks, his clothing description, all that stuff is imperative to leading us to a possible identification of the suspect.

(displays an image of Naomi's cellphone mapping, provided by FBI)

277223196_344634731044425_8370803467094861184_n.jpg

Lyon County with assistance of the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, Lyon County's search and rescue, has conducted multiple searches through the air and on the ground, looking for Naomi. The cellphone mapping led us to an area off of Highway 427 in Hill Ranch Rd. in Wadsworth. That's why we were out there searching in the previous days. Lyon County citizens have also done a search. Everybody's doing everything they can right now to look for Naomi.

Right now, our biggest thing is to reach out to the public. If somebody knows somebody who would have been in that Walmart parking lot, or should have been in that Walmart parking lot, during the timeframe that we've released, please contact us. If anybody knows somebody who has access to the vehicle that we're looking for - It's a 2020 or newer Chevrolet 2500 or 3500, High Country model, it's dark in colour. If you know somebody who has that vehicle, or has access to that vehicle, during this timeframe, please reach out to us.

We've been working with agencies all over the nation, federal agencies and local law enforcement. The thing I'd like to put out to you is - Naomi's 18 yrs. old, she's approx. 5ft 11in, approx. 240lbs. She had brown hair and green eyes. She has a septum piercing and piercings in both nostrils. She also has a smiley face tattoo on her ankle, we're just not sure which ankle, and she was last seen with a dark coloured purse. The images that have previously been released show her clothing description of the blue Panasonic shirt. She also had an iphone on her person, airpods and she's known to carry a fidget spinner.

Our suspect that we've released the videos and images of, is an adult male, approx. 6ft. in height and the clothing description speaks for itself in the videos.

I just watched a clear video of the suspect walking away from the camera.
And it really looks to me like the suspect does not bend his left knee.
At the start of the video of him seen from behind, he sways his left leg outwards. And I can't see the left leg being (clearly) bent anywhere.
The suspect from time to time wavers and seems somewhat off balance.
Being familiar with joint issues I'm convinced something's up with the left leg.
Arthritis, pain, injury, prosthetic leg, something.

LE should have an orthopedic surgeon or rehabilitation therapist analyze the suspects gait.

I mentioned this a few pages back, too. When my friend with one significantly shorter leg walks, he swings the longer leg out without bending it. His is from a childhood polio infection (lives on another continent). I’m very curious about this suspect’s gait!

It's positioned in such a way that it's impossible to miss when family or police would be driving around being on the lookout for the car.
First thing you would do as a family member looking for a missing person, is go to where you know she would be heading for after she left in the morning.
Which is the parking lot of the shopping mall, to see if she made it on the bus.
When the car's not in the obvious spot, you drive around the rest of the parking lots.
When the car's not there, you start driving up and down the main road and checking other parking lots and alongside the road to see if she had an accident or drove in a ditch.
If they would have done that, the car woud have been found that same day.
Within an hour.

I would be shocked if that huge Sherwin Williams plant didn't have the return of her car on cam, which may be why LE is certain that the dark truck is the suspect's vehicle. Surely there are multiple cameras surveilling their premises, 24/7, and most likely covering all angles, and yes, like you, I am shocked that he left it basically right out in the open. JMO

I've had to stop watching also. I am so confused as to what the video shows and what is reported. Is Naomi's car shown in the video they have released?? Is a truck shown in the video? So many comments that to me are conflicting. One thing I observed was his shoes. They look like galoshes or rubber boots.
In the first video they released they had cropped out her car. They have since rereleased the video uncropped. This is on the Lyon County Sheriffs page
https://www.facebook.com/100064937010102/videos/pcb.344634947711070/1310845599324879

I mentioned this a few pages back, too. When my friend with one significantly shorter leg walks, he swings the longer leg out without bending it. His is from a childhood polio infection (lives on another continent). I’m very curious about this suspect’s gait!
Notice how his leg crosses over like a model walk sometimes? Maybe to balance, I wonder if this is why?

This all goes to premediation and stalking. He knew what his window was. He most certainly knew when she usually arrived, and how many other fellow workers were usually in the lot waiting, too. Knew where everyone normally parked, I think.

My guess is that those employees who usually took the shuttle did not park directly in front of the entrance, and didn't park together in a block, so as not to use up the best parking spots for Walmart patrons. Probably all waited in their vehicles because of the morning cold and didn't hang around the pickup spot until the shuttle arrived.

Do we know where the shuttle stopped in the parking lot?
Is there video of the shuttle arriving to verify time. Is Saturday a normal work day shift? This lot appears to me to be at a designated area, maybe for employees only, and not for regular customers. Is this supposed to be the front of the store? I'm just basing my thought on the head in parking. Usually the parking is done in rows out from the store. Unless this is a back entrance lot. Sorry hard to explain what I mean.

I think he ran out of time. Was in a hurry to get going doing what he was doing. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf