Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo....if i am bored and waiting i often pace the yellow line sometimes i will pace the curb line, no reason just bored. He moved away from yellow line because their was more lighting an cars there maybe. Moo shuttle is supposed to show up any minute...so people that are waiting (they may car pool) for shuttle shut off phone and turn attention towards prep for shuttle ....that would be the best time to make his move ...imoo. moo i thought the car looked like it was hung up on a rock...but maybe not. Moo

I think the clue was in the name doh!
I've got problems with my left knee, and, you're right, the orthopedic consultants do study how the patient walks.
I'm leaning towards the suspect having had a knee replacement, or, a prosthetic leg
Yes, or needing a knee replacement and has osteoarthritis, takes one step with a slightly bent knee, is in pain, takes the next step without bending the knee and gets out of balance and starts to waver.

Does anyone know where the height of the truck's driverseat is compared to the suspect's butt?
Does the suspect need to climb into the truck? Or is the suspect able to slide sideways on to the seat.
Someone with painful leg/knee issues would probably not buy a vehicle you have to climb into.

Also the suspect looks like he works out a lot with his upper body. But the legs do not look like they're very muscular. Which could indicate he's not able to work out with his legs.

All this makes me wonder if he would be able to carry/move Naomi.
Should she no longer be alive, I don't think he could have taken her far from his vehicle if she was dead or incapacitated.

Yesss. Thank you for posting that I was looking everywhere to find out what they are called (not a native speaker).

proxy.php (338×457) (websleuths.com)

When you zoom in at the calves, there's something underneath the pants.
If you do have a prosthetic leg, it would show when you sit down.
Wearing galoshes or (rubber) boots would hide that.
Also the pants look really long, so they could cover a lot.

This is why I love this community. I didn’t understand either why leave it in plain site? Thanks for your insight. #FindNaomi please
I also think that leaving it this close to the Walmart means that he is leaving no clues as to which direction or how far away he took her.

He also has to be close enough to pick up his vehicle without chancing having someone see him or have CCTV cameras follow his walk down a surface street.

I'm still curious about the choice of where/when he abducted her, assuming this was targeted, which IMO I believe it was. Sure, it is early morning and dark, yet there was a shuttle due to arrive and he would have no control over other employees pulling in soon also waiting for said shuttle. Additionally, Walmart is covered in cameras. I feel like it's pretty common knowledge that Walmarts have a lot of cameras, and even if he didn't know that as "common knowledge," he could have physically observed them if he had planned this out, which it seems he did.

Why choose to abduct someone in a place where you KNOW you will be on camera? Even with a hood up and a face mask on. You know you will be on camera. It makes me think he is either incredibly cocky and brazen and thinks he'll get away with it regardless. Or just incredibly desperate/not thinking straight and just HAD to abduct her ASAP. Or felt it was the best option of getting her alone based on stalking and watching her and the rest of her life. I am curious what her typical routine was outside of work. Was she generally surrounded by other people, and therefore, this was the only time to get her truly alone?

She also stopped in a convenience store just a block or two away to pick up coffee, I believe. He could have attempted to abduct her from there, but he would have no idea how long she would be parked.

I think he has surveilled this lot for at least a week, and knew exactly how long she would be there for so he could control his attack.

I also have to think he had some reason to know that she worked Saturday and the shuttle would also arrive on Saturday. I'm not at all convinced that he isn't associated with her workplace or the shuttle service.

Woman possibly kidnapped from Walmart parking lot

CWHE7H7TG5ASBCKUKVMJYGXDIY.jpg

FERNLEY, Nev. (KOLO) - A woman who went missing from a Walmart parking lot in Fernley, Nev. may have been kidnapped authorities said.

Naomi Irion was last seen inside her vehicle in the parking lot on Newlands Drive, Saturday, March 12 around 5 a.m. According to Naomi’s family, she works for Panasonic in the Reno/Sparks area and was waiting for a shuttle when she went missing.

Video surveillance shows a person walking from a nearby homeless camp, lurking in vehicles, the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office said. He is then seen getting into the driver’s seat of Naomi’s vehicle and leaves in an unknown direction with Naomi in the passenger seat.
Authorities said on Tuesday Naomi’s car had been found in Fernley. They have closed off the area and are looking for more evidence related to her disappearance. She has not been located at this time, the sheriff’s office said.

Where was the vehicle found? Has the Wild Life Reserve in Fernley been combed yet?

There is also the chance that the owner is not aware that his/her truck was used in a crime. It's hard for those of us on WS to imagine, but SO MANY people do not watch the news and are not aware of these types of alerts. At. All.

True, but that's an awfully big chance to take if you're the one stealing it.

If they've got that surveillance, they know how she got from the driver side of the vehicle to the passenger side. It seems she either got out of her car and went to the passenger side, indicating a willingness to be driven off, or she was shoved over there by the man and wasn't willing, it seems.
Exactly. They know what happened In regards to someone “getting in the car with her.” Which leads me to believe by the actions of LE since they saw the video. That it didn’t look to them like she voluntarily went with this individual.

I think we can be sure that every inch of Naomi's car has been gone over with a fine-toothed comb, so, assuming her attacker was wearing gloves, which we cannot know because he kept his hands in his pockets in the video we were shown, what are the odds he left his DNA somewhere in that car. We know he sat in the driver's seat and was behind the wheel when it was driven away. We know that at some point he had to open and close doors, and get Naomi out of the vehicle. Surely he left something of himself in the car. Then the question is, if LE does get unknown DNA that is his, will it be in CODIS? Is this his first violent crime, or has he done this before? I don't know that he has done anything of this level before, but may have had domestic/stalking issues that never got reported, or did not rise to the level of DNA collection. I fear his DNA may not be in the system. Interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Yesss. Thank you for posting that I was looking everywhere to find out what they are called (not a native speaker).

proxy.php (338×457) (websleuths.com)

When you zoom in at the calves, there's something underneath the pants.
Exactly what I first noticed. His pant leg is tucked in! And the heels of the shoe/boot are not cowboy boot heels.

I do wonder if the reason he waited so long was because he was waiting for her to get off her phone. In that dark car park I think it would be quite obvious that she was on her phone.

I think he knew she was on her phone and not paying attention to her surroundings, otherwise why would he stand there so blatantly staring at her car, as seen on the video.

Her last snap chat ping was at 5.23 and the suspect approached the car at 5.24.

I do wonder if the reason he waited so long was because he was waiting for her to get off her phone. In that dark car park I think it would be quite obvious that she was on her phone.

I think he knew she was on her phone and not paying attention to her surroundings, otherwise why would he stand there so blatantly staring at her car, as seen on the video.

Those are excellent thoughts, and make perfect sense.

That makes a lot of sense! It appears she was on her phone basically from the moment she parked up until the moment she was about to get out of her car (they stated early on that he approached right as her door was opening). And if he’d been watching her for any amount of time, that was basically her routine. And with the amount of planning he appears to have had (regarding his truck and other factors) I don’t think he would’ve wanted to either have his voice or even face caught on her phone or to have people alerted at that moment that something was wrong. It would’ve sounded the alarm right away compared to the couple days he had. MOO

Last edited:
That makes a lot of sense! It appears she was on her phone basically from the moment she parked up until the moment she was about to get out of her car (they stated early on that he approached right as her door was opening). And if he’d been watching her for any amount of time, that was basically her routine. And with the amount of planning he appears to have had (regarding his truck and other factors) I don’t think he would’ve wanted to either have his voice or even face caught on her phone or to have people alerted at that moment that something was wrong. It would’ve sounded the alarm right away compared to the couple days he had.
Right so that would pretty much solidify that he knows her routine. When the phone goes off is probably when she usually exits the car. He can't try any sooner because he wouldn't know if she had locked the car doors.

Exactly what I first noticed. His pant leg is tucked in! And the heels of the shoe/boot are not cowboy boot heels.

They look to me like black army/tactical boots with the pants legs tucked in. They could also be a barn boot, muck boot, or protective boot for working in wet/dirty/muddy conditions, like in a meat packing plant.

Right so that would pretty much solidify that he knows her routine. When the phone goes off is probably when she usually exits the car. He can't try any sooner because he wouldn't know if she had locked the car doors.

It could also explain why he approached her car the way he did. I can’t remember if it was LE or her brother (or maybe both) that stated he approached from the rear of her car. The way she was parked in the lot (based on the new video released today) means he would’ve had to kind of circle around it to come up on the driver’s side door from where he was originally standing. So, based on the time, he could’ve known she was about to get off her phone and get out of her car. So he could’ve started walking in that direction and then when she got off her phone, started his approach. JMO based on this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966