Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has been watching her for multiple days. He knows enough to know her routine exactly to the minute. I think it is very likely he knows she gets a coffee in a convenience store before she goes to He may even have been able to figure out where she lives by watching her arrive at the convenience store every day, and then backtracking from there.

I was wondering when he arrives at the Walmart to wait for her.

It makes sense to me that he follows her from the convenience store to the Walmart and then parks behind the Walmart or Lowe's. Then other days watches for her to arrive, for her to turn on her phone and drink her coffee, and he watches to see she always turns the phone off at the same time, so the phone is off and she can't readily call for help, the doors are unlocked, and she is getting ready to leave the vehicle, so she is temporarily distracted.

Incredibly cold and calculating, isn't it?

Has it ever been stated how long she's worked at Panasonic? How many days a week does she work? Is her schedule consistent or does it change every week? Thinking along the lines of following her and knowing her routine, in some situations I feel like it could take weeks to figure out. If she always works certain days and hours then it could be fairly simple. Does she always stop to grab coffee at the same place or was it random she stopped that day? I definitely think he's been following and watching her if not in a friendly way in person than from afar like he did that day in the parking lot.

EBM... Wrong place of employment twice. Ugh!

Last edited:
This sort of reminds me of Missy Bevers and Elizabeth Barraza. Anyone else think about Strangers on a Train when anonymous people are caught on CCTV and suspected in a murder? I wonder if LE have looked in to that angle.
This made me think of Missy Bevers too because the perp in that case also had an odd/distinctive gait.

He isn't the Walmart Abductor, is he?

He isn't hanging around random Walmarts across the country at 4-5 am hanging out looking for 18 year old solitary women hanging around there in their cars. Because vulnerable young women are not in the Walmart parking lots at 5 am, are they?

What makes this different? It's: THE SHUTTLE

It's only because of the shuttle that she is there. Or anyone else is there.

He is there because he knows she is vulnerable and isolated at 5 am waiting for the shuttle. And especially on a Saturday. He can see there are more people in that parking lot to notice him M-F, but far fewer on a Saturday, so that's why he chose to attack her on Saturday, rather than, say , Friday.

He knows she is a her most vulnerable, he knows the shuttle schedule, he knows her schedule.

So how would that happen? BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL
This seems premeditated, personal. A grudge, revenge, payup time. I don’t see this as a random lurker nut. Far from it.

amateur opinion and speculation

This is so very targeted, methodical, cold, and dispassionate on his part, I can certainly see the personal (grudge, revenge, payup time) aspect to it.

I think he has to be local, and have a workplace he goes to and a place he lives in while his spare time is involved with this crime.

Probably likely he works M-F, during the day, but has no problem getting up early to follow her.

That's another reason why he chose Saturday, because he doesn't work on Saturday/

Has it ever been stated how long she's worked at Panasonic? How many days a week does she work? Is her schedule consistent or does it change every week? Thinking along the lines of following her and knowing her routine, in some situations I feel like it could take weeks to figure out. If she always works certain days and hours then it could be fairly simple. Does she always stop to grab coffee at the same place or was it random she stopped that day? I definitely think he's been following and watching her if not in a friendly way in person than from afar like he did that day in the parking lot.

I believe she's worked there less than a year. Possibly since last summer, just after she graduated from high school.

He isn't the Walmart Abductor, is he?

He isn't hanging around random Walmarts across the country at 4-5 am hanging out looking for 18 year old solitary women hanging around there in their cars. Because vulnerable young women are not in the Walmart parking lots at 5 am, are they?

What makes this different? It's: THE SHUTTLE

It's only because of the shuttle that she is there. Or anyone else is there.

He is there because he knows she is vulnerable and isolated at 5 am waiting for the shuttle. And especially on a Saturday. He can see there are more people in that parking lot to notice him M-F, but far fewer on a Saturday, so that's why he chose to attack her on Saturday, rather than, say , Friday.

He knows she is a her most vulnerable, he knows the shuttle schedule, he knows her schedule.

So how would that happen? BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL

Well said. Would be interesting to know if he was seen on cam any previous mornings, before the abduction, wandering around the Walmart parking lot.

This made me think of Missy Bevers too because the perp in that case also had an odd/distinctive gait.

Another case that has a probable perp with an odd gait is the Delphi Indiana murder of Abby and Libby. The video of the "bridge guy" shows a man with a definite hitch to his stride.

Probably just an odd coincidence. There are a lot of those in real life, unlike in crime novels.

I just said the same thing to my husband. I keep playing the Delphi murder suspect video on the bridge and comparing it to this suspect in Nevada. Odd gait, hitch in stride, head bowed, hands in pockets. It is too similar for my comfort level.

I just said the same thing to my husband. I keep playing the Delphi murder suspect video on the bridge and comparing it to this suspect in Nevada. Odd gait, hitch in stride, head bowed, hands in pockets. It is too similar for my comfort level.

Thanks, I feel less crazy now.

The bulky upper body with skinny legs really bothers me...

Another case that has a probable perp with an odd gait is the Delphi Indiana murder of Abby and Libby. The video of the "bridge guy" shows a man with a definite hitch to his stride.

Probably just an odd coincidence. There are a lot of those in real life, unlike in crime novels.

I was going to say that but the dog needed out! Possibly local, as @Herat said, and yes, that distinct walk.....both things just like Delphi.

Well said. Would be interesting to know if he was seen on cam any previous mornings, before the abduction, wandering around the Walmart parking lot.

What would be equally interesting is to check to see if his truck had been seen in the Walmart parking lot around that time of morning on any previous days, especially Saturdays. If he had not intended to abduct her at that time, but only watch, he would have been less conspicuous just sitting in his truck than he would wandering around. JMO

Ditto this.

It's too similar for my comfort level as well.

ETA: Per @carbuff :

They look to me like black army/tactical boots with the pants legs tucked in. They could also be a barn boot, muck boot, or protective boot for working in wet/dirty/muddy conditions, like in a meat packing plant.

IIRC, the Delphi suspect may have had a connection to a meat-packing plant . . .

JMVHO.

Last edited:

It has been said (though I haven't seen confirmation) that Panasonic employees typically work 12-hour shifts.

The brother said in an interview that Naomi usually works 3 or 4 days per week. He said that a typical week would be Thurs - Sun, and that sometimes the other days vary, but she always works Sat. and Sun. I'm not able to re-listen to all of the interviews to find the one where this was said, so I'll say IMO!

Thanks, I feel less crazy now.

The bulky upper body with skinny legs really bothers me...
Yes, I agree. I know the Delphi suspect's gait may have been altered by the bridge but wow, when I watch this Nevada suspect walking, it sends chills up my back. His mannerisms look so similar to me. He also stalks the parking lot from different vantage points.

It has been said (though I haven't seen confirmation) that Panasonic employees typically work 12-hour shifts.

The brother said in an interview that Naomi usually works 3 or 4 days per week. He said that a typical week would be Thurs - Sun, and that sometimes the other days vary, but she always works Sat. and Sun. I'm not able to re-listen to all of the interviews to find the one where this was said, so I'll say IMO!

I missed that info so thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog