Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if location has to be turned on in Snapchat in order for it to ping?

no its going to be pulling location data no matter what, how you access that data is a different story

what i mean is, if you turn location off in the app, it'll pull location data still to that app they all do its very sneaky

if you turn it off in the phone itself.. it'll stop your GPS

a lot of these apps now won't even work if you have your GPS turned off

*edit* sorry had to write a quick post then go back and add to it.. something else is going on i am trying to take care of!

Last edited:
There is no video that we have seen that shows the shuttle arriving, though I am sure Walmart would be able to verify the time.
Not really concerned about the time. If she rode the shuttle frequently, I was thinking someone might have thought it was unusual her not being there. Or sometimes a shuttle will give regulars a few minutes in case they're just running late.

This might seem really weird, but is it possible that he is a she? Someone mentioned earlier about the way he walks, kind of how a model would walk, crossing one foot over the other. Has LE confirmed that he is definitely a male? I keep watching the walk and it seems to be more feminine. I know they haven't released how he got her into the passenger seat and Casey said he shoved her into the passenger seat on an interview yesterday but then said he didn't know for sure. I'm totally thinking outside the box but is it possible he is a female and maybe Naomi knew this person and maybe they told her that they were going somewhere or that they just wanted to show her something? I keep thinking about what would get me to move over to the passenger seat and I keep playing a scenario in my head.... someone she knows walks up the the car, maybe she works with them. Person says "Omg Naomi, I'm so glad you're here already, there's been an accident and we need to get there quickly, hurry up, scooch over and I'll tell you what happened while I drive." Or what about someone she works with, "Hi Naomi! I was hoping I'd catch you early, I wanted to talk to you about something that happened at work....is there anyway we can drive today instead of catching the bus? Scoot over. I'll drive and tell you all about it!" Or what if this person told her they needed her help in some way? These are just thoughts and maybe she would be more comfortable with a female to allow them to drive? Could someone else have met them with the truck where they left her car?

no its going to be pulling location data no matter what, how you access that data is a different story

what i mean is, if you turn location off in the app, it'll pull location data still to that app they all do its very sneaky

if you turn it off in the phone itself.. it'll stop your GPS

a lot of these apps now won't even work if you have your GPS turned off

*edit* sorry had to write a quick post then go back and add to it.. something else is going on i am trying to take care of!

That makes sense!

And I'm amused that someone named @PingTheRouter is answering my ping question, lol

If you do have a prosthetic leg, it would show when you sit down.
Wearing galoshes or (rubber) boots would hide that.
Also the pants look really long, so they could cover a lot.
I really think if LE suspected from the video, the perp had a prosthesis or limp they would mention it. It would be a huge identifying detail.

for anyone who wants to look at snapchat and what it collects, how long it stores etc

What Data Does Snapchat Collect?

And I'm amused that someone named @PingTheRouter is answering my ping question, lol

lol :) its why i made this username

but its a somewhat complex topic, can spend hours going through internet/app/phone tracking and how they also use backdoor ways of using your location even if its turned off, its all very sneaky.. its why Apple and some others have introduced better user controls to help users take back control of how they are tracked

so if you had your location/gps turned off in your phone but you connect to a wifi source they can probably still get a rough location for you that way as well

This might seem really weird, but is it possible that he is a she? Someone mentioned earlier about the way he walks, kind of how a model would walk, crossing one foot over the other. Has LE confirmed that he is definitely a male? I keep watching the walk and it seems to be more feminine. I know they haven't released how he got her into the passenger seat and Casey said he shoved her into the passenger seat on an interview yesterday but then said he didn't know for sure. I'm totally thinking outside the box but is it possible he is a female and maybe Naomi knew this person and maybe they told her that they were going somewhere or that they just wanted to show her something? I keep thinking about what would get me to move over to the passenger seat and I keep playing a scenario in my head.... someone she knows walks up the the car, maybe she works with them. Person says "Omg Naomi, I'm so glad you're here already, there's been an accident and we need to get there quickly, hurry up, scooch over and I'll tell you what happened while I drive." Or what about someone she works with, "Hi Naomi! I was hoping I'd catch you early, I wanted to talk to you about something that happened at work....is there anyway we can drive today instead of catching the bus? Scoot over. I'll drive and tell you all about it!" Or what if this person told her they needed her help in some way? These are just thoughts and maybe she would be more comfortable with a female to allow them to drive? Could someone else have met them with the truck where they left her car?
It did cross my mind early on when people started mentioning the odd walk. The more I watch the video the more convinced I am that's it a male.

I really think if LE suspected from the video, the perp had a prosthesis or limp they would mention it. It would be a huge identifying detail.
They kind of did today I feel, going off this part of the presser:

"As you notice, it's been on social media that the way the suspect walks, his clothing description, all that stuff is imperative to leading us to a possible identification of the suspect."

It did cross my mind early on when people started mentioning the odd walk. The more I watch the video the more convinced I am that's it a male.
I think it's a male too.
But what I haven't ruled out is that she wanted to leave her old life behind and that it was staged. The way her car was left, it was there to make sure it was found.

When I first heard of the case I had Madison Bell vibes.
I'm really confused about this case. The way her car was left is off.

Last edited:
I think it's a male too.
But what I haven't ruled out is that she wanted to leave her old life behind and that it was staged. The way her car was left, it was there to make sure is was found.

When I first heard of the case I had Madison Bell vibes.
I'm really confused about this case. The way her car was left is off.
Not going to lie it did cross my mind early on, but then I feel it would have been more thought out and executed better.

Plus, the evidence they found in her car must have been of some significance to class it as an abduction.

And why take the risk of hanging around the parking lot for that length of time?

Not going to lie it did cross my mind early on, but then I feel it would have been more thought out and executed better.

Plus, the evidence they found in her car must have been of some significance to class it as an abduction.

And why take the risk of hanging around the parking lot for that length of time?
It's looks like a crime and an abduction.

But the car keeps bugging me. I wish we knew what kind of evidence of a crime is in her car. It's also weird that her belongings are not in her car, yet the car is put in plain sight.

I just do not want to exclude any scenario beforehand. I've seen to many strange twists here in other cases.

I’d like to know if he had been watching Naomi previously?

what do the Walmart cameras tell us about the days leading up to Naomi’s kidnapping? Was he there lurking, pacing, watching?

I think he has been watching her for multiple days. He knows enough to know her routine exactly to the minute. I think it is very likely he knows she gets a coffee in a convenience store before she goes to Walmart. He may even have been able to figure out where she lives by watching her arrive at the convenience store every day, and then backtracking from there.

I was wondering when he arrives at the Walmart to wait for her.

It makes sense to me that he follows her from the convenience store to the Walmart and then parks behind the Walmart or Lowe's. Then other days watches for her to arrive, for her to turn on her phone and drink her coffee, and he watches to see she always turns the phone off at the same time, so the phone is off and she can't readily call for help, the doors are unlocked, and she is getting ready to leave the vehicle, so she is temporarily distracted.

Incredibly cold and calculating, isn't it?

"Why take the risk?"

Human predators don't seem to assess risk the same way as normal people. They have a much more brazen attitude about what they can get away with. They often don't seem to care if somebody sees them or if they're caught on video--in this case, I wonder whether it's because he knew he'd be far away by the time they even noticed she's missing.

Often it's arrogant overconfidence, but far too often they get away with it.

This sort of reminds me of Missy Bevers and Elizabeth Barraza. Anyone else think about Strangers on a Train when anonymous people are caught on CCTV and suspected in a murder? I wonder if LE have looked in to that angle.
This made me think of Missy Bevers too because the perp in that case also had an odd/distinctive gait.

He isn't the Walmart Abductor, is he?

He isn't hanging around random Walmarts across the country at 4-5 am hanging out looking for 18 year old solitary women hanging around there in their cars. Because vulnerable young women are not in the Walmart parking lots at 5 am, are they?

What makes this different? It's: THE SHUTTLE

It's only because of the shuttle that she is there. Or anyone else is there.

He is there because he knows she is vulnerable and isolated at 5 am waiting for the shuttle. And especially on a Saturday. He can see there are more people in that parking lot to notice him M-F, but far fewer on a Saturday, so that's why he chose to attack her on Saturday, rather than, say , Friday.

He knows she is a her most vulnerable, he knows the shuttle schedule, he knows her schedule.

So how would that happen? BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member