Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They kind of did today I feel, going off this part of the presser:

"As you notice, it's been on social media that the way the suspect walks, his clothing description, all that stuff is imperative to leading us to a possible identification of the suspect."
Yes! I heard him say that. I was hoping he would elaborate, but he didn't. They've talked about the Hoodie and the mask, but nothing else specific. The one time I know of we've had an actual abduction on video, and we still have very little to go on. I sure hope LE has more they're not releasing.

He isn't the Walmart Abductor, is he?

He isn't hanging around random Walmarts across the country at 4-5 am hanging out looking for 18 year old solitary women hanging around there in their cars. Because vulnerable young women are not in the Walmart parking lots at 5 am, are they?

What makes this different? It's: THE SHUTTLE

It's only because of the shuttle that she is there. Or anyone else is there.

He is there because he knows she is vulnerable and isolated at 5 am waiting for the shuttle. And especially on a Saturday. He can see there are more people in that parking lot to notice him M-F, but far fewer on a Saturday, so that's why he chose to attack her on Saturday, rather than, say , Friday.

He knows she is a her most vulnerable, he knows the shuttle schedule, he knows her schedule.

So how would that happen? BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL
I agree. That's exactly what I posted about him being totally covered up with the way he was dressed. Someone could identify him if he was caught on camera. And he didn't care if the camera showed him. Walmart cameras are very obvious.

This sort of reminds me of Missy Bevers and Elizabeth Barraza. Anyone else think about Strangers on a Train when anonymous people are caught on CCTV and suspected in a murder? I wonder if LE have looked in to that angle.
The only thing that differs is those were both kills, no messing around just go in and shoot. I’ve thought those two could be connected like Strangers on a Train, too. Or a hired gun who uses disguises, makes sure they’re on camera to put off the investigation.

This one strangely does seem more in line with Delphi. Snapchat angle, the walk, maybe in Delphi he intended to abduct Libby, but couldn’t abduct 2?

i really thought Naomi would be found by now. Her poor family.

Last edited:
This is a transcription from the first part of today's presser.

Detective -

We've been working with agencies all over the nation, federal agencies and local law enforcement. The thing I'd like to put out to you is - Naomi's 18 yrs. old, she's approx. 5ft 11in, approx. 240lbs. She had brown hair and green eyes. She has a septum piercing and piercings in both nostrils. She also has a smiley face tattoo on her ankle, we're just not sure which ankle, and she was last seen with a dark coloured purse.

Our @Allabouttrial posted the above transcript from the SC; snipped and bolded by me, for focus.

I found it jarring to read the past tense (purportedly) used by the Detective in describing Naomi's hair and eye colour.

It could have been an error in the transcription, an insignificant mistake by the Detective, or perhaps a
most sorrowful indication of beliefs held by LE.

Would you or DutchTreat mind asking LE if they would ask an orthopedic surgeon about this individual's walk? I don't know how receptive LE in USA are to new ideas?! I'm in the UK you see
Not quite caught up on the thread but just wanted to add that after having a stroke a couple of years ago and LOTS of physical therapy I was left with weakness in one leg that now manifests itself almost exactly like this individual’s gait. I tend to swing the one leg slightly out with barely any bend in the knee, not lifting properly with the thigh muscle as well. I can correct for it to some extent if I focus a lot. I think having a PT look at the video is a great idea. The ones I worked with were amazing.

What really puzzles me is where the suspect left Naomi's car.
To me that means the suspect 100% wanted that car to be found.
Even if this is a one man operation, there was no need to put her car in plain view, sticking out like a sore thumb.
The suspect could have left her car somewhere way less visible but still within walking distance of the truck.

So why? If this was a collegue that wanted to hurt her but not be connected, the car wouldn't have been at that spot.
This is a message. But what kind of message is it? To whom? And why?
And why on earth use a brand new expensive truck that's loaded with electronics.
How much of a track and trace device do you want to drive committing a crime.
I think he didn’t care where he left her car as long as there wasn’t a video camera right there. He didn’t care if the car was found quickly. He just didn’t want to be on video leaving it because he thought they could then trace him to his truck.
Obviously he made a mistake somewhere because LE seems to be convinced that this is the suspect’s truck even if they don’t know who he is…. yet.

Thanks, I feel less crazy now.

The bulky upper body with skinny legs really bothers me...
Yes, I agree. I know the Delphi suspect's gait may have been altered by the bridge but wow, when I watch this Nevada suspect walking, it sends chills up my back. His mannerisms look so similar to me. He also stalks the parking lot from different vantage points.
I think he didn’t care where he left her car as long as there wasn’t a video camera right there. He didn’t care if the car was found quickly. He just didn’t want to be on video leaving it because he thought they could then trace him to his truck.
Obviously he made a mistake somewhere because LE seems to be convinced that this is the suspect’s truck even if they don’t know who he is…. yet.

I've thought about this but am wondering this: if he took such care in covering his entire body to conceal his identity, why would he be foolish enough to drive a flashy truck and park it in a business lot where he knows there would be cameras? I wonder if the truck is even his? Is it stolen, and if so, where is the owner of the truck? It may be an out of state truck/plate. Just my thoughts and IMO.

I've thought about this but am wondering this: if he took such care in covering his entire body to conceal his identity, why would he be foolish enough to drive a flashy truck and park it in a business lot where he knows there would be cameras? .

Her car was the one that was found abandoned next to Sherwin-Williams

We don't know where his vehicle was parked. Some think behind the Lowe's store or by the Polyglass Building. But they would be likely to have cameras. It could also have been more inconspicuous on a side street.

I think he is local enough that he knows a bit about the Panasonic plant and the shuttle. And likely knows her and has been stalking her for some reason, even if she doesn't know him.

He could be from most anywhere in northern Nevada, not just Fernley-local. But I think he has a regular M-F day job in this region and has a domicile, too. He might just be a temporary worker here on a couple of week's or month's job, rather than a permanent resident. Could be a guy temporarily working on a project. His truck appears very new and clean. Not a typical white contractor's vehicle, or a truck used on a construction or utility job. Unless his job has him working in other vehicles, he isn't using that vehicle for his job. Certainly not now.

If is a resident of the area, then he has access to a second vehicle and some friends who don't watch TV or the internet much. Or a spouse who doesn't think they have a reason to suspect him.

He's a very meticulous and careful person. Likely makes lots of detailed lists.

Or his stay in northern NV has ended with this crime and he is off on I-80 to points yonder.

Last edited:
He also has on be on some gas station CCTV cams buying fuel.

If he uses a credit or debit card, that can be traced. If he has to go in to buy gas inside, there should be footage from that encounter.

My guess would be that he gassed up that vehicle something like 24 hours before the crime so he would have a full tank when he left, and probably gassed up within a 50 mile radius. But I don't think he would have gassed up in Fernley. Maybe one of the truck stops in Sparks or farther southwest in Dayton or Carson City

"We need your help. We are overwhelmed." ~ Casey Valley, brother to Naomi
"Please save my daughter." ~ Diana Irion, Naomi's mother

Understandably, this sweet family is struggling to remain optimistic. I feel the strong emotions of care and concern running throughout this thread.

I believe this kidnapper wanted this precious lady for reasons we don't yet understand. He was fixated upon completing his self-assigned task of capturing her - nobody else but her. Why did it have to be her?

This family displays their love for one another candidly. This is another example of their kindness:

"I’m hoping that I can be an active participant in locating her, but I also have to think of our boys and take care of them as well,” said Diana Irion.

She’s grateful to those who made it possible for her and her three sons, who were adopted from Ukraine before the war, to be here..."
Naomi Irion’s mom and brothers arrive from South Africa as the search continues

Many members recall a couple of high profile cases that includes chilling videos of the UnSub.
O/T There is another case at WS that has garnered little attention that also has video of the killer as he arrives at the high rise apartment building in Arlington and again as he departs the CS. after killing the 24yo victim, Scott Ratigan, on JAN 17, 2020. LEO released the cctv a year later. TY
VA - Scott Ratigan, 24, found murdered in apartment, Arlington, 17 Jan 2020

If that vehicle is a Chevy Silverado HD 2500, it will have a 36 gallon fuel tank and a driving range of 540 miles !

Wow. He could easily drive to Salt Lake City or southern Calfornia or Las Vegas or southern Utah or Boise ID or Medford OR without having to stop for gas.

In other words, depending on when that photo was taken by Sherwin-Williams, he could have had a 2 day head start and be well out of the range of local news reports and APB's without having to stop at a gas station to fuel up.

I think it's a male too.
But what I haven't ruled out is that she wanted to leave her old life behind and that it was staged. The way her car was left, it was there to make sure it was found.

When I first heard of the case I had Madison Bell vibes.
I'm really confused about this case. The way her car was left is off.
I think the abductor did reconnaissance on where to park his truck, the spot which then becomes where to abandon Naomi's car. It must have no cameras and also be out of normal view for the transferring of Naomi to the getaway truck. No license plate info. was captured, not even the state. And then he had a huge 3 day lead and no one noticed Naomi's abandoned vehicle. I wonder if the abductor was hoping for a 12 hour to 1 day lead, but that still puts them anywhere.

What would be equally interesting is to check to see if his truck had been seen in the Walmart parking lot around that time of morning on any previous days, especially Saturdays. If he had not intended to abduct her at that time, but only watch, he would have been less conspicuous just sitting in his truck than he would wandering around. JMO
I don't know how common it is for people that own a truck like that to own more than one vihicle. But the suspect could have used a different vehicle that would stand out less, to do that.

I understand that her car was found days after she was abducted, do we know when it was parked outside Sherwin Williams ? Was it sitting there for days or hours before it was found ? It might make a difference to see where the car could go, the truck could go off road, a sedan not so much…

I understand that her car was found days after she was abducted, do we know when it was parked outside Sherwin Williams ? Was it sitting there for days or hours before it was found ? It might make a difference to see where the car could go, the truck could go off road, a sedan not so much…
Some have guessed that it was 10 hours later the same day but it has not ben released that I am aware of . The picture of the truck was obviously much later in the day based on the shadows but I also wondered if it was the same day or day or two before or after and this was the best still they had of the truck. LE released pings of her phone, but at this time we do not know when the car was placed or when the truck drove by SW.

How was the suspect connected to the truck by police? Are there (unreleased) pictures of the truck from the time of the abduction?

The truck is seen on surveillance leaving the area during daytime. Could it have taken a different route after the abduction? Or did the suspect take her away in her car, only to return several hours later without her and left in the truck? If her car left in the same direction, it would have been on surveillance, too.

Last edited:
"We need your help. We are overwhelmed." ~ Casey Valley, brother to Naomi
"Please save my daughter." ~ Diana Irion, Naomi's mother

Understandably, this sweet family is struggling to remain optimistic. I feel the strong emotions of care and concern running throughout this thread.

I believe this kidnapper wanted this precious lady for reasons we don't yet understand. He was fixated upon completing his self-assigned task of capturing her - nobody else but her. Why did it have to be her?

This family displays their love for one another candidly. This is another example of their kindness:

"I’m hoping that I can be an active participant in locating her, but I also have to think of our boys and take care of them as well,” said Diana Irion.

She’s grateful to those who made it possible for her and her three sons, who were adopted from Ukraine before the war, to be here..."
Naomi Irion’s mom and brothers arrive from South Africa as the search continues

Many members recall a couple of high profile cases that includes chilling videos of the UnSub.
O/T There is another case at WS that has garnered little attention that also has video of the killer as he arrives at the high rise apartment building in Arlington and again as he departs the CS. after killing the 24yo victim, Scott Ratigan, on JAN 17, 2020. LEO released the cctv a year later. TY
VA - Scott Ratigan, 24, found murdered in apartment, Arlington, 17 Jan 2020

And the suspect in Scott’s case also has a distinctive gait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog