Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Naomi was returned to the Fernley area after she was abducted. I don't believe she was ever in his truck

I agree.

My personal suspicion is that whatever he did to Naomi was the last thing he did before he left the area, after being in the area for a temporary job or contract (like a lineman coming in to install Fios cable, for instance). Big Silverado like that usually uses a lot of gas, but it probably has a huge gas tank that will let it go at least 400-500 miles without filling up; he could have been hundreds of miles away before her vehicle was even found.

It's a flashy truck, but not so unique that it would really attract anybody's attention in an area where people like big pickups. I saw a similar one (red, not blue) at the grocery store yesterday, here in not-quite-rural Massachusetts, and the only notice it was attracting was the lady my age who complained about "kids like that" taking up two parking spaces.

He has to subdue her rather quickly and prevent her from escaping the vehicle as they drive. I wonder if a 1992 Sable would even have electric childproof locks. Her best bet would be to open the vehicle door as they drive.

And if he is as premeditated as we believe, he exited the Walmart to the east and past the Sherwin-Williams place. Very little traffic there at 5:30 on Saturday am. Probably too dark to pick out her vehicle on their security cams.

I agree.

My personal suspicion is that whatever he did to Naomi was the last thing he did before he left the area, after being in the area for a temporary job or contract (like a lineman coming in to install Fios cable, for instance). Big Silverado like that usually uses a lot of gas, but it probably has a huge gas tank that will let it go at least 400-500 miles without filling up; he could have been hundreds of miles away before her vehicle was even found.

It's a flashy truck, but not so unique that it would really attract anybody's attention in an area where people like big pickups. I saw a similar one (red, not blue) at the grocery store yesterday, here in not-quite-rural Massachusetts, and the only notice it was attracting was the lady my age who complained about "kids like that" taking up two parking spaces.

Exactly, carbuff !

I was in a Lowe’s parking lot 2 days ago and there must have been 15-20 heavy-duty pickup trucks. Most were white, some gray or silver, a few blue, a couple red. Not too many black ones. Fords, Rams, Chevy’s, an occasional Tundra.

The 2021 Chevy Silverado HD 2500 is listed with a 36 gallon fuel tank, claiming up to 540 miles on a full tank.

I think he filled up within 24 hours of this crime and from less than 50 miles away. The east end of Sparks, NV along I-80 has numerous truck stop and regular gas places and he would not stand out at all in any of those places filling up. That’s about 30 miles from Fernley on the freeway

Last edited:
Exactly, carbuff !

I was in a Lowe’s parking lot 2 days ago and there must have been 15-20 heavy-duty pickup trucks. Most were white, some gray or silver, a few blue, a couple red. Not too many black ones. Fords, Rams, Chevy’s, an occasional Tundra.

The 2021 Chevy Silverado HD 2500 is listed with a 36 gallon fuel tank, claiming up to 540 miles on a full tank.

I think he filled up within 24 hours of this crime and from less than 50 miles away. The east end of Sparks, NV along I-80 has numerous truck stop and regular gas places and he would not stand out at all in any of those places filling up. That’s about 30 miles from Fernley on the freeway

I can't remember where I saw this but it was originally suspected that he parked the truck at Sherwin Williams and walked from there. Somebody else pointed out it would stand out a lot less being parked at Lowes as well as being closer to Walmart, especially that time of day. Not sure how or in which way the movement of the truck occurred but puzzled for sure IF he parked it at both locations--seems like a lot of moving around and why?

I can't remember where I saw this but it was originally suspected that he parked the truck at Sherwin Williams and walked from there. Somebody else pointed out it would stand out a lot less being parked at Lowes as well as being closer to Walmart, especially that time of day. Not sure how or in which way the movement of the truck occurred but puzzled for sure IF he parked it at both locations--seems like a lot of moving around and why?

The obvious place to park a big pickup on a Saturday morning would be at Lowe’s. They open at 6 am, so it would not be out of place to have it there as if you were waiting for Lowe’s to open.

I don’t think Sherwin-Williams plant would be open on Saturday and it had locked gates for their parking lot, so I don’t think he parked the truck where her vehicle was left.

Gray Hughes stated on one of his youtube videos that he believed that the suspect parked his vehicle next to the gated Sherwin-Williams parking lot during the day - at the same location where he left Naomi's car. He revised his opinion the following day and stated that the suspect parked his truck on the far edge of Lowe's parking lot. He reasoned that parking the truck far from cameras at Lowe's was better than parking the truck far from cameras at Walmart.

Gray Hughes stated on one of his youtube videos that he believed that the suspect parked his vehicle next to the gated Sherwin-Williams parking lot during the day - at the same location where he left Naomi's car. He revised his opinion the following day and stated that the suspect parked his truck on the far edge of Lowe's parking lot. He reasoned that parking the truck far from cameras at Lowe's was better than parking the truck far from cameras at Walmart.
Ah yes, I think that's the video I saw as well.

I think the abductor did reconnaissance on where to park his truck, the spot which then becomes where to abandon Naomi's car. It must have no cameras and also be out of normal view for the transferring of Naomi to the getaway truck. No license plate info. was captured, not even the state. And then he had a huge 3 day lead and no one noticed Naomi's abandoned vehicle. I wonder if the abductor was hoping for a 12 hour to 1 day lead, but that still puts them anywhere.

Hi! Wondering why you suspect Naomi was transferred out of her vehicle and into the truck as I had not considered that as an option.

"Deputies say evidence found inside the car suggests Irion’s disappearance was criminal in nature."
‘Please save my daughter’: Family of Naomi Irion pleads for community’s help

Police say evidence in the car suggests her disappearance was criminal. He had to do whatever it took to capture Naomi. That's what made me lean toward the initial kidnapping, including wherever he took Naomi, as always being inside her vehicle. The UnSub returns later in the day, around 3:30, in order to abandon her car then he walks to wherever he parked the dark colored truck. Hence, there'd not be evidence of her being inside his truck.

The UnSub may possess an intense grudge that manifested into hatred or an unrequited obsession. I tend to think it's the latter. It's possible he's holding her somewhere for his own nefarious purposes. If he wanted to kill her, why not assassinate her upon approach to her car's open door?

There is a 10 hour window in between him absconding her vehicle and later abandoning her car. How far could her car travel then return to the WM without stopping for fuel, assuming it held a nearly full tank when taken?

This criminal took advantage of a young and trusting individual who must be found asap.

Ah yes, I think that's the video I saw as well.

It didn't make sense to me that the suspect would leave his truck in such an odd and visible location, particularly since he obviously planned to ensure that his truck was not associated with her car at the time that she was abducted.

upload_2022-3-23_9-40-15.pngis where Gray Hughes first suggested the truck was parked, exactly where Naomi's car was found.

upload_2022-3-23_9-39-4.pngis approximately where he later suggested the truck was parked.

upload_2022-3-23_9-37-49.png

I know a few of you have brought this up, but I was discussing the case with a friend and we both thought of the Elizabeth Barraza case too. The video surveillance, seeking information on the truck, even some speculation about whether the perp is male or female. (I think male in Naomi's case but have waffled back and forth in Elizabeth's case.)

I, too, thought of Bridge Guy/Delphi when watching the video footage of this guy walking. Interesting that others have thought the same thing

The more time that goes by without this truck being identified, the more worried I get about the trail going cold here. I've also wondered..is there a chance that the truck isn't even the vehicle we should be looking for? I'm assuming there must be more footage, probably at/near the Sherwin Williams where her car was dumped, to point to this truck. But in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder if there's something we're missing here.

It didn't make sense to me that the suspect would leave his truck in such an odd and visible location, particularly since he obviously planned to ensure that his truck was not associated with her car at the time that she was abducted.

View attachment 337517is where Gray Hughes first suggested the truck was parked, exactly where Naomi's car was found.

View attachment 337516is approximately where he later suggested the truck was parked.

View attachment 337514

Also makes you wonder IF Naomi was with him at this point or where she was. SOOO many questions :(
Obviously, it hasn't been released, but if they have cameras showing the truck at either of these locations, then hopefully LE has that info on whether or not she was with him.

I know a few of you have brought this up, but I was discussing the case with a friend and we both thought of the Elizabeth Barraza case too. The video surveillance, seeking information on the truck, even some speculation about whether the perp is male or female. (I think male in Naomi's case but have waffled back and forth in Elizabeth's case.)

I, too, thought of Bridge Guy/Delphi when watching the video footage of this guy walking. Interesting that others have thought the same thing

The more time that goes by without this truck being identified, the more worried I get about the trail going cold here. I've also wondered..is there a chance that the truck isn't even the vehicle we should be looking for? I'm assuming there must be more footage, probably at/near the Sherwin Williams where her car was dumped, to point to this truck. But in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder if there's something we're missing here.

I wonder the same thing. The guy would have to be an idiot to still be using that truck now. Based on his actions, I'm suspecting he is not an idiot. I have no doubt he (and criminals in general) watch the news, social media in the hopes of keeping one step ahead. He KNOWS everyone is looking for that truck now.

This was in the CNN article I posted yesterday...

Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating a dark, 2020 or newer Chevrolet 2500-3500 High Country Silverado truck, Kusmerz said. Authorities are not providing details on the vehicle's owner.

To say they're "not providing details on the vehicle's owner".. do they KNOW those details, then? The way it's worded makes it sound like they do...

Eta - linking article here
Nevada authorities searching for 18-year-old woman whose disappearance they say is 'suspicious in nature' - CNN

Hi! Wondering why you suspect Naomi was transferred out of her vehicle and into the truck as I had not considered that as an option.

"Deputies say evidence found inside the car suggests Irion’s disappearance was criminal in nature."
‘Please save my daughter’: Family of Naomi Irion pleads for community’s help

Police say evidence in the car suggests her disappearance was criminal. He had to do whatever it took to capture Naomi. That's what made me lean toward the initial kidnapping, including wherever he took Naomi, as always being inside her vehicle. The UnSub returns later in the day, around 3:30, in order to abandon her car then he walks to wherever he parked the dark colored truck. Hence, there'd not be evidence of her being inside his truck.

The UnSub may possess an intense grudge that manifested into hatred or an unrequited obsession. I tend to think it's the latter. It's possible he's holding her somewhere for his own nefarious purposes. If he wanted to kill her, why not assassinate her upon approach to her car's open door?

There is a 10 hour window in between him absconding her vehicle and later abandoning her car. How far could her car travel then return to the WM without stopping for fuel, assuming it held a nearly full tank when taken?

This criminal took advantage of a young and trusting individual who must be found asap.

Police have not released any information about the time that Naomi's car was parked near Sherwin-Williams, nor have they released the time that the photo of the truck was taken.

People have speculated that the truck photo was taken between 4-6 PM based on the daylight and long shadow of the truck in the photo. Naomi was abducted prior to sun rise. It was dark. The photo of the truck, heading East, is daylight and the shadow suggests late afternoon.

I initially wondered whether she was abducted, taken straight to his truck, and then taken somewhere else. The photo of the truck suggests that she was taken somewhere in her car and then the car was parked at Sherwin-Williams later that afternoon.

Abduction victims are usually dead within the hour. However, given that his truck returns to the scene of the crime roughly 11 hours later, it's quite possible that he drove 20 miles, she was not dead within the hour, he spent time obscuring the body, and then parked her car within two hours of sunset (6 PM).

I have an 18 year old daughter that works early am and this petrifies me. The way these kids sit in their cars on their phones, completely oblivious is worrisome. It's normal--they are young and nobody ever thinks this can happen to them.
It makes me feel even more helpless to say this (I too have an 18 yo daughter), but I'm not sure situational awareness would have helped here. He waited for her to crack open her door before getting into the car, so even if she had had her doors locked, it wouldn't have helped.

But I completely agree about the obliviousness and phone usage - not to mention the earbuds - walking around with zero situational awareness. My kids have them in all the time when they are outside. That poor, poor family. I'm not sure anything could have been done to prevent this - but please don't let this be one of those cases where the suspect is never found. With the meticulousness of planning, I can't see this being something that happens only once.

That makes a lot of sense! It appears she was on her phone basically from the moment she parked up until the moment she was about to get out of her car (they stated early on that he approached right as her door was opening). And if he’d been watching her for any amount of time, that was basically her routine. And with the amount of planning he appears to have had (regarding his truck and other factors) I don’t think he would’ve wanted to either have his voice or even face caught on her phone or to have people alerted at that moment that something was wrong. It would’ve sounded the alarm right away compared to the couple days he had. MOO

It makes me feel even more out of control to say this (I too have an 18 yo daughter), but I'm not sure situational awareness would have helped here. He waited for her to crack open her door before getting into the car, so even if she had had her doors locked, it wouldn't have helped.

But I completely agree about the obliviousness and phone usage - not to mention the earbuds - walking around with zero situational awareness. My kids have them in all the time when they are outside. That poor, poor family. I'm not sure anything could have been done to prevent this - but please don't let this be one of those cases where the suspect is never found. With the meticulousness of planning, I can't see this being something that happens only once.

We don't know that he waited for her to "crack open her door." What we know is that the suspect circled the parking lot, approached her vehicle from behind, got into the vehicle and forced Naomi to the passenger seat.

Although Gray Hughes youtube videos are approved here, I think it's important to realize that he's just like us - someone with an opinion. The difference is that he makes a youtube of his opinion, and we state our opinions here in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95