Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts this morning.

If he was a co-worker I think he would have been identified by now due to his distinctive gait.

He clearly knew she would be there. He knew her routine.

He may know her, but she may not know him.

I see a premeditated and thought out abduction.

MOO

Great points about the suspect being acquainted or co worker. By now they should have something.

Last night my #HopeForNaomi turned into #FindNaomi. I’m beginning to lose hope.

Casey has been such a great big brother and he feels so guilty. My heart breaks for the whole family.

I just said the same thing to my husband. I keep playing the Delphi murder suspect video on the bridge and comparing it to this suspect in Nevada. Odd gait, hitch in stride, head bowed, hands in pockets. It is too similar for my comfort level.

Now I feel less "out there" since, I watched the video and thought "huh, Bridge Guy".
Glad I wasn't the only one.

Because I think all of us here try to look at every possibility and angle, I have to ask this. It may mean absolutely nothing, and should mean nothing regardless, but I noticed in the presser yesterday, when talking about the ribbons they all were wearing, her brother said that Naomi's favorite color was "rainbow", which many people associate with colors that show support of the LBGTQ community. I know nothing about Naomi, other than by all accounts, she was a loving and caring individual, but is it possible that this attacker was someone who had shown or wanted to show interest in Naomi, but felt he either had been, or would be rejected, and this was fueled by perceived rejection and hate, based on that? JMO

Last edited:
I believe that it’s been confirmed that her purse and phone have not been located, but I haven’t been able to locate that information. For some reason it strikes me as odd that her purse would be missing. The phone missing makes sense, but not the purse.

If Naomi was actually targeted, why was she targeted?

I don't know how common it is for people that own a truck like that to own more than one vihicle. But the suspect could have used a different vehicle that would stand out less, to do that.

It's more common than one would think. I know of several people who own $80k trucks like this one, have other cars (spouses, etc) and still have recreational vehicles (RV's, boats and/or off road vehicles) as well. There are lots of outdoor areas in this part of the state.

On a different note, they are speculating the suspect returned for his truck 10 hours or so after the abduction ALONE. So where is Naomi? 3 thoughts come to mind: Hidden/stashed, murdered or sold. Still hoping for a miracle and this poor family gets to reunite soon.

I think the abductor did reconnaissance on where to park his truck, the spot which then becomes where to abandon Naomi's car. It must have no cameras and also be out of normal view for the transferring of Naomi to the getaway truck. No license plate info. was captured, not even the state. And then he had a huge 3 day lead and no one noticed Naomi's abandoned vehicle. I wonder if the abductor was hoping for a 12 hour to 1 day lead, but that still puts them anywhere.

I don't think Naomi was returned to the Fernley area after she was abducted. I don't believe she was ever in his truck

Just some thoughts this morning.

If he was a co-worker I think he would have been identified by now due to his distinctive gait.

He clearly knew she would be there. He knew her routine.

He may know her, but she may not know him.

I see a premeditated and thought out abduction.

MOO
He somehow got connected with her. It may have been someone following her online. She made a private instagram account, that makes me wonder if she was having a problem with someone online, someone that she couldn't shake or get rid of so she started a private account.
I'm sure LE is looking through videos from days before the abduction since it's apparent this person watched her from some time. I don't believe this was a random abduction.
Otto said something about this man returning to his truck and the timing of it, where did he need to be at 6pm? It made sense. This is most likely someone who works in the nearby area and had to be back at work (or was expected to be home) by 6pm.

I don't know how common it is for people that own a truck like that to own more than one vihicle. But the suspect could have used a different vehicle that would stand out less, to do that.

That's why I think he might have been a temporary worker in the area for a short time, but not using that truck in his work

He also didn't plan on that truck being associated with her kidnapping.

Because I think all of us here try to look at every possibility and angle, I have to ask this. It may mean absolutely nothing, and should mean nothing regardless, but I noticed in the presser yesterday, when talking about the ribbons they all were wearing, her brother said that Naomi's favorite color was "rainbow", which many people associate with colors that show support of the LBGTQ community. I know nothing about Naomi, other than by all accounts, she was a loving and caring individual, but is it possible that this attacker was someone who had shown or wanted to show interest in Naomi, but felt he either had been, or would be rejected, and this was fueled by perceived rejection and hate? JMO

I think all options are on the table at this point.

We just don't have enough information to draw any conclusions as to specifically why SHE was stalked and kidnapped.

Because I think all of us here try to look at every possibility and angle, I have to ask this. It may mean absolutely nothing, and should mean nothing regardless, but I noticed in the presser yesterday, when talking about the ribbons they all were wearing, her brother said that Naomi's favorite color was "rainbow", which many people associate with colors that show support of the LBGTQ community. I know nothing about Naomi, other than by all accounts, she was a loving and caring individual, but is it possible that this attacker was someone who had shown or wanted to show interest in Naomi, but felt he either had been, or would be rejected, and this was fueled by perceived rejection and hate? JMO
I too wondered about the rainbow. Some have speculated the abductor was female. ALL JUST Wondering thoughts...Different scenarios and What if's:
1. A female became enamored with Naomi and was rejected
2. She had been speaking with/starting new relationship and a jealous ex of hers or the new person couldn't let that happen
3. Started a new relationship with someone who she didn't know was married or attached
4. Someone from work that felt jilted or a retaliation for a perceived wrong.
I am sure there are a tone more but these have all crossed my mind. I really don't see this as random. The way they stared at her car is bone chilling!!!!!

If this is her car, and if this is the suspect arriving at the Walmart parking lot (speculation), then perhaps this was not as well planned as I've assumed. That is, did she arrive before he did?

What if he first saw her at the convenience store on March 12 and followed her to the Walmart parking lot. Suppose he knows there's a 5:40 AM shuttle and is somewhat familiar with the area. Suppose he is a predator who is always watching for a vulnerable person (in terms of being unaware of surroundings).

Did he follow her to the parking lot, park nearby (near Lowe's?), walk 10 minutes to the Walmart parking lot (blue arrow indicated direction he's walking) and spend the next 15 minutes watching her before approaching her vehicle from behind and forcing her into the passenger seat?

upload_2022-3-23_8-27-32.png

upload_2022-3-23_8-28-17.png

I have an 18 year old daughter that works early am and this petrifies me. The way these kids sit in their cars on their phones, completely oblivious is worrisome. It's normal--they are young and nobody ever thinks this can happen to them.

It also occurs to me that we might becoming less aware or oblivious to people wandering as he was due to so many homeless or pan handlers all over the place now. It's just the world we live in now.

I have to admit watching that video in hindsight is a lot more chilling AFTER we know what happened but in all honesty, I likely wouldn't have thought much of it. I always lock my doors and keep a watch out if I'm in a parking lot like that but I wouldn't have immediately thought he was up to no good. Scary!

It's more common than one would think. I know of several people who own $80k trucks like this one, have other cars (spouses, etc) and still have recreational vehicles (RV's, boats and/or off road vehicles) as well. There are lots of outdoor areas in this part of the state.

Yes, it's very common in this area to have several vehicles. One of which is a heavy duty truck like this that can tow a trailer, a boat, use for ATV's etc. Most of these trucks have tow hitches. The bed of the truck appears empty (no tools, no tool boxes, no sports or camping gear). His gear would likely be in the back seat of the cab.

Postulating that he might have been staying in a trailer or camping. He could have stashed her and all her possessions there and remove her entirely from the area to further parts unknown.
So if that truck was really him, he could be driving east to the next I-80 on-ramp to retrieve the trailer and get out of town with all the evidence.

If this is her car, and if this is the suspect arriving at the Walmart parking lot (speculation), then perhaps this was not as well planned as I've assumed. That is, did she arrive before he did?

What if he first saw her at the convenience store on March 12 and followed her to the Walmart parking lot. Suppose he knows there's a 5:40 AM shuttle and is somewhat familiar with the area. Suppose he is a predator who is always watching for a vulnerable person (in terms of being unaware of surroundings).

Did he follow her to the parking lot, park nearby (near Lowe's?), walk 10 minutes to the Walmart parking lot (blue arrow indicated direction he's walking) and spend the next 15 minutes watching her before approaching her vehicle from behind and forcing her into the passenger seat?

View attachment 337501

View attachment 337502

My feeling is that he has been watching her for several days and probably following her from the convenience store several times to see her routine. She normally worked Thurs-Sun, so he has at least 2 prior mornings under his belt.

She is only arriving before him because as he follows her, he detours to park the truck in a hidden spot, then walks to the Walmart to watch her.

Not quite caught up on the thread but just wanted to add that after having a stroke a couple of years ago and LOTS of physical therapy I was left with weakness in one leg that now manifests itself almost exactly like this individual’s gait. I tend to swing the one leg slightly out with barely any bend in the knee, not lifting properly with the thigh muscle as well. I can correct for it to some extent if I focus a lot. I think having a PT look at the video is a great idea. The ones I worked with were amazing.

Physical Therapy Assistant here... It definitely looks different for sure. As Mominmi stated the R leg does kick out alittle, but to me it looks like it's more at the knee than the hip. It could be from a number of different things. Like foot drop (stroke, CP, neurological conditions), general weakness, untreated ligament injury. Yes it's an interesting gait something someone watching him may see, but in general you can find people walking with "funky gaits" all day everyday. After schooling and doing the gait section you can sometime just sit there and be like "hmmmmm wonder what is going on with that person", but unless you sit there and have them walk in front of you and record it from various angles you can find the deficits, but often it's hard to place it on a specific thing causing it.

IMO this was well planned in advance and certainly not a spur of the moment. He has his hands in his pockets, possibly to hide the fact that he is already wearing gloves. The hoodie not only helps conceal his face but also may prevent him leaving DNA in the form of a hair. I hope that at some point she fought back and pulled that hood away and maybe grabbed some hair.

@otto At this point anything is possible.

I've been assuming that he was at the Walmart, knowing that she would arrive at around 5 AM, and he had a plan to abduct her.

If she arrived first and he arrived roughly 10 minutes later, it's quite possible that - other than being a predator who is always looking for a victim - the planning started at the convenience store. That means there is no prior history, or social media account with additional information.

I'm convinced that the key to locating the truck is to follow up on all trucks that have the window slider at the back of the cab. Every new vehicle owner registers with the manufacturer for warranty reasons. Fewer vehicles will have the added feature of the slider window. All new vehicles have GPS. It would take time, but that should lead to the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95