Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm local (30 mins from Fernley) and it's all over the news. Really praying she is found soon!

It has not been confirmed if this suspect is homeless or not. News has only said he was seen walking near or from a nearby homeless camp. People started getting confused when they released info on the blue pickup. My opinion, fwiw, is it's not far out of the realm to consider the truck stolen. Somebody who kidnaps a young woman is not too concerned with laws.

I'm not 100% sure but my understanding of Panasonic and other businesses (ie Tesla) out there is they work rotating 12 hour shifts. Very heavy production/manufacturing jobs. There are shuttles as this location is not in an actual city per se. It's in between Sparks and Fernley and there are lots of accidents on this stretch of road.

Interview with brother. Go fund me link in article as well:

'It ruined me': Brother of missing Fernley woman recounts watching 'sinister' abduction

Casey says he watched the man take Naomi on Walmart security footage. He said it was extremely evident right off the bat that this was something sinister, further saying the following of the footage:

It ruined me. I mean, I couldn't believe what I was looking at. You know, I didn't want to believe it.
He continued to piece together the sequence of events leading up to, and showing within, the security video:

• Around 5 a.m. Saturday morning, Naomi bought a energy drink at a gas station near their house. It was the last time she used her bank account.
  • Then, Naomi was waiting in the Walmart parking lot for a bus to take her to Panasonic outside Reno- Sparks.
  • She "always parked in the same spot and she always got there early so she could you know do social media stuff before she went to work and catch up with her friends that are in different time zones."
  • Then a man walked up, either said or did something to get her to move from her driver's seat over to her passenger seat, "and the guy then got into got into her car and drove it away with her in it."
Lyon County deputies found her car just up the road on Tuesday, with evidence of a crime. Police now think that man is driving a dark 2020 or newer Chevy pick-up truck.

That’s my thought too. And those trucks aren’t cheap! We are in the market for a truck for a new teen driver and I never knew they were so expensive!

Thank you! This is VERY helpful. Makes sense now.

According to the mom's interview, it's thought she was targeted--this may not have been random. It appears she had the same routine, parked in the same space at Walmart, etc.

As a mom, I couldn't imagine the pain of being so far away.

'It ruined me': Brother of missing Fernley woman recounts watching 'sinister' abduction

Casey says he watched the man take Naomi on Walmart security footage. He said it was extremely evident right off the bat that this was something sinister, further saying the following of the footage:

It ruined me. I mean, I couldn't believe what I was looking at. You know, I didn't want to believe it.
He continued to piece together the sequence of events leading up to, and showing within, the security video:

• Around 5 a.m. Saturday morning, Naomi bought a energy drink at a gas station near their house. It was the last time she used her bank account.
  • Then, Naomi was waiting in the Walmart parking lot for a bus to take her to Panasonic outside Reno- Sparks.
  • She "always parked in the same spot and she always got there early so she could you know do social media stuff before she went to work and catch up with her friends that are in different time zones."
  • Then a man walked up, either said or did something to get her to move from her driver's seat over to her passenger seat, "and the guy then got into got into her car and drove it away with her in it."
Lyon County deputies found her car just up the road on Tuesday, with evidence of a crime. Police now think that man is driving a dark 2020 or newer Chevy pick-up truck.

From what I can understand, there's evidence in the car of a criminal act. That makes me think that there's blood in her vehicle. This leave me wondering whether he opened the car door and injured her immediately with something like a knife (similar abduction: Dru Sjodin).

Her car was found less than one mile from where she was parked. That suggests to me that his vehicle was parked where her car was found, and she was transferred from her car to his truck.

This might be where the idea that it is pre-meditated comes from. That is, she parked in the same spot every day for work at 5 AM. He was parked nearby and had a plan to take her and her car to where he was parked, leave her car, then take her somewhere else.

“Once we found the footage which appears to be non-descript male, average height, average build, completely covered up with a mask and a hood,” Casey said. “To me it looked clear, to me it looked like a clear abduction.”
Just catching up on the new posts here. This quote sounds very ominous...

Thanks @pandamonium . I don't have a FB account so I can only see posting in public FB groups.

From what I've read so far I agree with others here. IMO this could be a planned abduction, especially given the fact that Naomi seemed to have a set schedule each day. We also see that "non-descript male, average height, average build, completely covered up with a mask and a hood" walking around the parking area. Very suspicious. MOO.

Sitting alone in a vehicle, late at night, in a parking lot, is just not a good situation for anyone.

Thanks @pandamonium . I don't have a FB account so I can only see posting in public FB groups.

From what I've read so far I agree with others here. IMO this could be a planned abduction, especially given the fact that Naomi seemed to have a set schedule each day. We also see that "non-descript male, average height, average build, completely covered up with a mask and a hood" walking around the parking area. Very suspicious. MOO.

Sitting alone in a vehicle, late at night, in a parking lot, is just not a good situation for anyone.

Agree! The brother's interview said she would often get to the parking lot early and catch up on social media. NOOOO!! Sadly, so many do this. I have an 18 yo daughter and she will sit on her phone in front of the house when she gets home. Umm, come inside! uggghh
Like the mom said, nobody ever thinks this sort of thing will happen.

The Reno area has and continues to grow a TON. We are seeing more crime every day :(

Was she the only person waiting at this stop? How big is the shuttle (van or bus)? It would seem to me that there should have been other people waiting for the shuttle who could have witnessed something.

Although I live nowhere near Nevada, we have had issues in our community with criminals blending into homeless areas and harassing women in cars. Fortunately, there have been no abductions.

BBM oh god im guessing blood :( this guy is dangerous and needs to be caught asap....

Was she the only person waiting at this stop? How big is the shuttle (van or bus)? It would seem to me that there should have been other people waiting for the shuttle who could have witnessed something.

Although I live nowhere near Nevada, we have had issues in our community with criminals blending into homeless areas and harassing women in cars. Fortunately, there have been no abductions.

Good questions. Somebody also suggested looking for any men at or near Panasonic (there are quite a few large production warehouses in that area) that may not have shown up to work.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No new info in press conference that I heard (I did miss the beginning). Heartbreaking watching the family make their statements and talk :(

Encourage anyone with ANY info to reach out to authorities.
Yeah, this was a difficult presser. when her brother used past tense and sister corrected him :( crying at pressers always gets me.
I am so sorry for her family and I so hope she's alive and they get a good tip ASAP. how terrifying.

Seeing those images of that person, with the hood over their head, walking along the yellow line in the parking lot... very strange. Seems like that person is just waiting for something or someone. MOO.

Seeing those images of that person, with the hood over their head, walking along the yellow line in the parking lot... very strange. Seems like that person is just waiting for something or someone. MOO.

They have stated they think the guy targeted her.

Maybe I watch too much crime TV but did anyone else wonder if maybe something the family does could make her a target? Listening to the mom's interview, they have lived in many places and I'm not sure in what field but just made me wonder. It was the mom's tone when she described their background a bit.

ETA not to imply ANY fault from the family as I'm sure they are devastated right now. Just an honest curious question.

Today's Press Conference.

(Apologies for the length, have reduced the font)

Sheriff - If anybody that has any information, that might lead to helping us solve this case, and if you think it might not be important, let us decide if it is or not. I mean it could be anything like 'that's not a normal thing I see in my neighbourhood, that's not a normal thing' any of that type of stuff.

Reporter - Have you received any additional pings from her phone?

Sheriff - We're still working on that.

Reporter - Do you have a license plate of the truck?

Sheriff - We do not yet.

Reporter - What about tribal government, have they been stepping up, helping?

Sheriff - All the surrounding local law enforcement agencies have been assisting us.

Reporter - Have you guys recruited any helicopters or anything to get up in the air and search for... infa-red maybe, or heat detection out in the dessert, things like that?

Sheriff - So, we've deployed a number of drones that have the same capabilities, so we have done that in the areas...the surrounding areas around here.

Reporter - Was the Panasonic bus driver there at the time, in the area?

Sheriff - They didn't arrive till after.

Reporter - How odd is this, for this area? Is this something you see happen often?

Sheriff - No. Not in this area, but we all know times are changing.

Brother - Hello everybody, I'm Casey Valley (introduces his sister and step-dad).....

Naomi lived with me here in Fernley, lives....sorry.....Naomi lives with me, here in Fernley, and we so much appreciate the Detectives in Lyon County, they're working so hard. Lyon County and all the other agencies that are involved, we'd like to thank them for all their efforts so far.

The investigation is truly....it's progressing, and there's new developments all the time. Unfortunately not all these developments can be released to the public, in the efforts to basically find Naomi safe. But they are keeping us informed, and I just want to make sure everybody understands that. I want to make sure that everybody understands that the Lyon County Detectives and the entire department, they're really working hard on this. And there's a lot of agencies involved here. There's a lot of people contacting us. Keep doing that, anything that anyone knows, you see that vehicle of interest, as described on the Lyon County press releases, you know, contact Lyon County. If you can get a picture of a license plate that would be better, you know, all that sort of thing.

Sister - My sister is very active on social media. Please if you see anything on social media that looks like her, if you see anything that looks like this truck, please, I need you to call the Sheriff's department or the anonymous tip line. If you can talk to the people she knows on instagram. If you know her on instagram, if you know her on snapchat, please, I need you to do this. Thank you.

Brother - Really, at this point it's anyone that has had any interaction with Naomi in the last few months, if you're seeing this, call the Sheriff. We need to hear from you.

Reporter - Would you say she was a friendly type person?...... Was she a trusting person? A friendly person? Can you describe her personality?

Dad - She was very friendly. She's very friendly, maybe a bit too trusting. You don't expect anything bad from her, she's helping. Unfortunately she was not focused on her own safety.

Sister - She loves people. She loves people so much, and that's why she's so trusting. She wants to have a relationship with people that she comes across. She is such a kind person, she'll do anything to help people. I'm so afraid that someone betrayed her trust.

Reporter - So if somebody needed help 'hey can you help me with this?' 'I need help with that' she would say 'absolutely I'll help you anyway I can?'

Dad - Absolutely. No reason to fight her, meaning, the guy who pushed her into her car....she froze, she didn't do anything, she just froze.

Brother - We can clarify real quick - Detective correct me if I'm wrong. We're not saying that this person was necessarily a homeless person. He came from that direction, like, but it's enough of something to state that it's worth noting. This person did say or do something to Naomi, to make her move over from the driver's side to the passenger side. That's, as far as I know, what we know so far.

Reporter - Was she a pretty habitual person?

Sister and brother - Yes.

Brother - She and I talked all the time. She lives with me, anytime she wasn't going to come home she would tell me, you know, she would let me know, cos she didn't want me to worry, cos she knows that I would. And when I didn't hear from....when I didn't hear see her on Saturday, because I went to bed super early, and she got home....and she usually came home kinda later at night, and so that wasn't weird. Then when I saw that she didn't come home on Sunday....

Sister - She works so early in the morning.

Brother - And she works so early in the morning etc. She came...she didn't come home Sunday, and I knew something was wrong. I immediately, you know, reached out to family first to see if they've heard from her. I reached out to all the jails and hospitals in the nearby area. All the way from Churchill County to Washoe County, Sacramento, Carson City, everywhere like that. And it was at that point that I knew something was wrong, and I made sure to call dispatch on Sunday night, as...just like the press release says.

Sister - Speaking of reaching out to surrounding areas. I really want everyone to contact anyone, when it comes to news, when it comes to social media. I really need to stress that what you need to do is spread the word about my sister, as much as you can. She....this was on Saturday morning, we don't know how fast that truck is going. She could be anywhere right now.

Brother - We are out of time. This...it's so critical right now to just, anything that you know, or heard, or thought of, like, it needs to be reported.

Reporter - Casey, when you were the one that went to the Walmart and said 'hey you got any surveillance? and they showed to you?'

Brother - So, Monday day, I went to the Walmart and....because I knew that was her routine, and my step-father had told me, because he has access to her bank accounts, the last purchase she made was on Saturday morning, early in the morning, on her way to work. So I logically thought and with some help...I mean, it was actually one of my girlfriend's friend's ideas, and my girlfriend and I went to Walmart, and we tracked security down at Walmart and they were very helpful, and I'm very thankful to them for letting us barge in on them and showing us that footage, and as soon as we saw that I reported it as a kidnapping.

Reporter - What went through your mind? I mean...I don't know, I guess no-one knows what they expect to see, you're just going to go look and see if they've got anything. What went through your mind when you saw the activity?

Brother - I was mortified, you know, it was...I didn't expect to see that, you know. I expected to...I was just trying to verify that she'd made it to Walmart, you know, and....or whether or not she got on the bus. But I had heard from HR at Panasonic, cos I'm her emergency contact. So on Monday, I got in touch with them before I went to Walmart even, and they verified that she had no call, no show on Saturday and Sunday. Which is very unusual for her, she's never done that before.

Reporter - For every day that goes by not hearing from her, what does it do on an emotional level? you guy's giving up hope or are you staying optimistic?

Sister - No. We have to stay optimistic. There's no choice.

Reporter - Did they see her in that runaway truck?

Sheriff - We can't put out a comment on that yet.

Reporter - Has there been any discussions with .... you said that he came from the direction of a homeless camp or might have been homeless. Has anybody who lives in that area who might be homeless, might be familiar with the gentleman?

Sheriff - So, all the people that are in and around that area and stuff we've made an effort to contact, if anybody saw anything. Other vehicles that were in the surveillance video, we're trying to locate those vehicles to see if anybody saw anything. So we're doing all we can do to try and track anybody that was in that area the night in question. So, to answer your question, yes, we're following up on those. Like I said, we don't know if this guy's a homeless guy or not, because we don't know who he is yet. We don't know where the truck comes from. So we're still working on that piece.

The other thing I wanted to make sure that everybody was aware of, Secret Witness has stepped up to the plate and they're gonna put an announcement on all their message boards throughout the state of Nevada. So that's gonna be coming up soon, so you guys...so that'll be out there too. The family's have been very good, very co-operative working with us and it's very appreciative, and like I said we're doing all that we can do with the resources....not just with the resources we have, but Churchill County, Washoe County, everybody...FBI, to pull this together to try and get as much information as quick as we can, because time is of the essence, it is important to do that.

Reporter - Have you notified law enforcement throughout the state, because you know, all roads go all over, and maybe surrounding states?

Sheriff - So that goes out through the...once she's entered into the NCI system, everybody gets an alert on that, so it's a pretty widespread thing. Plus there's the Secret Witness thing that connects....all law enforcement across US are connected through Secret Witness.

Reporter - What about the message boards we've got on the interstates? Can you put up any type of message saying 'be on the lookout for this truck' or something of that nature, so that people who aren't from here that are driving......

Sheriff - So that's what some of the Secret Witness stuff is gonna show up. It'll say 'look for this vehicle, contact Secret Witness on this number'

Reporter - Is there a reward associated yet with any information on this case?

Sheriff - Not yet, that's pending. So, Secret Witness, once we kinda get some more information is potentially going to put out a reward.

Dad - I'm Herve Irion, Naomi's dad. I work in South Africa for our Government. My wife is over there now with three boys at home, she's obviously a nervous wreck. She cannot operate much......somebody watching her, being with her from the Embassy there. I would like to say thank you very much for all of you for coming here today, and for those who take this in heart. I know Naomi's in all of our heart, obviously. Thank you for those watching as well, we beg you, if you have any information, anything, please contact the Sheriff's Department or law enforcement as soon as possible. They still hope to find her. Yesterday, I came from south Africa, I went to her bedroom and started looking at her stuff, her shoes, her make-up, everything she has, her dirty laundry, I started crying. We really need your help. She's my daughter, but she's also your daughter, your sister, she needs help and we need to find her. Thank you very much for the prayers. Thank you for the meals, thank you for the donations, thank you for everything we've received from you guys. We really appreciate it, thank you.

Reporter - How long have you lived in Fernley, and how long has she lived here with you?

Brother - I've lived in Fernley since June of 2020. Naomi moved here, moved in with me in August 2021.

(Casey thanks everyone and says he is amazed at the support they've received from the community)

Reporter - Casey, where did you move here from?

Brother - I moved here from Wyoming.

(The community are planning to put up ribbons and ask what Naomi's favourite colour is, her sister, Tamara responds 'she loves the whole rainbow')

Sheriff - Once again, thanks for the media getting involved, really appreciate your support. Trying to get this word out here, and like I said we'll keep you updated as we get more information that's viable. And let's see if we can find Naomi. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee