NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the security patrol blow their own horn in their monthly news rag, I would have expected them to be looking into the car asap.

Just my opinion.....I think the car got a "pass" on Sunday. On Monday, after mail delivery, most of the residents probably saw the car for the first time. And maybe a couple called in.
By Tuesday, more calls were coming into the security patrol and they were trying to find the owner. This was a car with an out of state license. It had to stick out for lots of reasons.

I think the car got a "pass" on Sunday. On Monday, after mail delivery, most of the residents probably saw the car for the first time.
By Tuesday, if not before, the calls were coming into the security patrol who was then trying to find the owner.

I think it was visible to lots of people....even the houses on the other side of the fence, in that other subdivision. Naegle's and Fairy1's pictures.

This was a car with an out of state license. It had to stick out for lots of reasons.

You just jogged my memory. Remember the report where "houses with Utah license plates were parked" were the first houses canvassed?
I could never figure that out. Can you?

I think it was visible to lots of people....even the houses on the other side of the fence, in that other subdivision. Naegle's and Fairy1's pictures.
You just jogged my memory. Remember the report where "houses with Utah license plates were parked" were the first houses canvassed?

Maybe they were looking for a simple explanation. Utah plates at a home might have been a " hey he could be visiting them" type of thing. Just how many homes there had Utah plates? Who knows that could have been the connection. I wonder if they kept notes on the plate numbers and homes they were at.

Well, I do not recall that report and cannot find it in a search. However, would this be a search that the family did or LE...?

Well, I do not recall that report and cannot find it in a search. However, would this be a search that the family did or LE...?

That came out quite a while ago, about the Utah plates. IIRC it was the family,
I am not sure where it was written, though. Does anyone else remember?

So true.

I agree! If someone did lure Steven there - I find it hard to believe it was the first - or last - time! There SHOULD be a clue there somewhere!

Yes! My thought exactly. Except if the predator had access to someone's home that Sunday, as in house sitting while the owners were out of town. Or it was a friends house and the friend went on a ski trip or what-ever, a cruise or a trip back east to see Aumt Minnie.

What better place to lure someone to, than a house that you have no relation to. Maybe the PI hasn't asked the right question. "Were you living in this house or away from home on the 13th Dec."

Perhaps Steven was answering an ad to house sit.

Who'd check the cell phone, if not Steven? I always have the same answers:
1 - a perp, wanting to see incoming calls.
2 - someone who found the phone

My bet is that Steven checked the voicemail himself, because I think he was waiting for a call from someone -- but couldn't leave the cell phone on all the time, because he knew it would go dead.
SNIPPED

There is an interesting case in Thurston Co., WA, where the husband murdered his wife in February and used her cell phone for the past two months to text message her family out of state. He was just caught a few weeks ago (body disposable was becoming a problem for him, he asked a friend for help and the friend turned him in). Anyway, it does appear that perps do use victims' cell phones.
In Steven's case, I do agree with your conclusion that it was Steven who checked the voicemail. JMHO

Did the PI find out which homes were empty, foreclosed or repo'd? We went with our realtor to see a house that was going to go on the market a week before it actually did. We peeked through the windows because she needed to have it re-keyed. It was a foreclosure. I don't know how long it had been empty. It hadn't been winterized either, had running water.

Short sale houses are usually occupied, but foreclosers aren't. Not all foreclosures have notices on the door, because I've been to them.

An empty house would be a great place to lure someone to. In fact, realtors have been killed in empty houses by people pretending to want a house, but really only want to rob the realtor.

Yes. Webrocket explains in the 2nd post. I can't go to the link, my virus software says it's dangerous & I'm not going into it to change it since I have the jist of what it's all about. Yikes! I think this is the "elephant in the room."

Yes. Webrocket explains in the 2nd post. I can't go to the link, my virus software says it's dangerous & I'm not going into it to change it since I have the jist of what it's all about. Yikes! I think this is the "elephant in the room."

All I get is this "You're seeing this page because the account/page you've requested doesn't exist".

bbm

Then why in a personal diary did he put his regret was not having a good job and a wife. Why lie to yourself when writing in your own diary? He wouldn't know it was going to be read.

bbm

Then why in a personal diary did he put his regret was not having a good job and a wife. Why lie to yourself when writing in your own diary? He wouldn't know it was going to be read.

I'm sure you know alot more about this case & can find info that I haven't a clue on which thread to look for what I want to quote. I can't cite a post, but I remember reading here that Steven prayed about girls he was interested in and God always warned him off. I distincly remember reading that one wasn't pretty enough. The other I can't remember what excuse was used, just that there was an excuse he attributed to God.

Now what does that tell you? Maybe he was a perfectionist? He couldn't find the right one? He writes about the regret - but does nothing about it. He quits a perfectly good newspaper job to hand out fliers. Excuse: He doesn't like to work at night. But he's 3 months behind in the rent! Geez...it's not all adding up. He's 30 years old for heaven's sake!!

Sounds like he's delusional about jobs and marriage. If he's has gone to this site and expressed his struggles...

Everyone lies to themselves about something. And everyone has different feelings at different times.

There is always the possibility the diary said something else and I don't think the family would share it.

As I understand it: if you have this feature and want to locate the phone of a family member, you have to go to a computer and use software to contact the phone. (It won't work if the phone's dead, out of range, on another system/roaming, indoors, under trees, etc.)

I've been trying to figure something out, but can't.
Is this "real time" only, or can this pinpoint someone's past location?

Obviously, IF the K family had this AND IF you could track someone's phone's past movements, it might explain why all searches continue to be in the area surrounding SCA.

Or maybe LE/investigators continue to search that area for other reasons.
Yes, it holds history on a persons past movements. Wouldn't it be nice if they have this feature??? And yes it would explain where the searches were held in SCA. I shot out a email to the PI to see if perhaps the family had this feature (AT&T Family Map) & if so, if it was looked into by LE...sure he's not going to answer me back either way, but just wanted to give a heads up if it was over looked :)

I'm sure you know alot more about this case & can find info that I haven't a clue on which thread to look for what I want to quote. I can't cite a post, but I remember reading here that Steven prayed about girls he was interested in and God always warned him off. I distincly remember reading that one wasn't pretty enough. The other I can't remember what excuse was used, just that there was an excuse he attributed to God.

Now what does that tell you? Maybe he was a perfectionist? He couldn't find the right one? He writes about the regret - but does nothing about it. He quits a perfectly good newspaper job to hand out fliers. Excuse: He doesn't like to work at night. But he's 3 months behind in the rent! Geez...it's not all adding up. He's 30 years old for heaven's sake!!

Sounds like he's delusional about jobs and marriage. If he's has gone to this site and expressed his struggles...

Everyone lies to themselves about something. And everyone has different feelings at different times.

I don't understand why you doubt that he was worried about a job and marriage. It seems to all revolve around religion. IIRC he mentioned the newspaper job was too worldly or whatever. God wasn't giving his stamp of approval on a gf or two or whatever. I'm not saying his problems weren't self-inflicted, but if he wasn't worried then he would have been delusional.

Also trip a couple of days earlier to AN and/or family would seem to be based on his regret. Posted here was that people that knew him said he was totally focused on getting a job. First of all, getting a job you can live on is hard.

Secondly, he probably believed in small business ventures versus being an employee. The web hosting thing and the window washing venture sounds to me like he wanted to do those kinds of things, in a political philosophy kind of way, and venture failures are both very common and not part of the philosophy.

Obviously when you're down enough you try other things which apparently was what the employment applications were for, but also probably why they were stacked up instead of being used.

Not that getting a job you can live on has been a bowl of cherries past few years.

rd

I think Steven lived in a world where his reasoning or rationalization for walking away from jobs or people was acceptable-God spoke to him that they were worldly (the jobs), not attractive enough (the people)etc. Fair enough if that was his belief structure.

For me, his current pursuit was more conduscive to something else that he was pursuing-the window washing/handing out flyers would have segued nicely into proslytizing if he was doing that. He didnt have a 9-5 job where he had to be somewhere all the time-he was free to wander. And at least in the week before he disappeared, he sure was wandering.

He let his bills slide by-I mean if he existed in my world I would say that there was something organic going on if this were not typical of him. But he didnt-and I am not familiar enough with the culture he was raised in to determine if there are many young men out there like this. Whose families provided via group accounts and group cell phone plans etc. I left home at 17-and have been providing for myself and now my children ever since. This is not a judgement-this is just to illustrate why I am puzzled by his lifestyle.

The GPS is real time-at least for the plans I am familiar with. One domestic violence victim I knew found herself staring at the perp in a city far from her own-he had tracked her into the Disney store where she was shopping with her children for example.

Yes, it holds history on a persons past movements. Wouldn't it be nice if they have this feature??? And yes it would explain where the searches were held in SCA. I shot out a email to the PI to see if perhaps the family had this feature (AT&T Family Map) & if so, if it was looked into by LE...sure he's not going to answer me back either way, but just wanted to give a heads up if it was over looked :)

Thank you! At least it would tell where he was, when he phone was turned on.

I remember. Those pages were created by Steven and his friends in 2004 and 2005, full of goofy "gay" pretending/poses and taking pictures of themselves in "funny" poses. The page and pictures were removed quickly, because someone named laytonian stupidly posted the URL on the SL Trib website. Apparently, the pictures were deemed more offensive by the person who owned the 50megs account, than even I did. Whoosh....gone.
Now, I wish I'd never mentioned it publicly because the pictures would still be there: guys (clothed/costumed) taking pictures of each other in "sexy" poses (ie, not church standards for sure). Steven the butt of "gay" comments. Just joking? (Just not nice, to me) Odd. Odd. Odd.

ETA:
archive.org is slowly disgorging the "home" page (two versions)
http://web.archive.org/web/20041126095922/http://www.cottonwood20b.150m.com/
(You can see the Nike "swoosh" birthmark pattern on Steven's stomach)
But the links to the rest of the images don't work.

ETA again:
If you keep trying on archive.org, you might get to the "index" page. The links don't work (because the pages no longer exist on 50megs), BUT you can bring some of the images up if you put the image URL into the archive.org search block (the images have names like "www.cottonwood20b.150m.com/jimmys_nipples.JPG") What you won't see, are the comment pages that accompanied the pictures.

ETA: wait...one picture page with comments just came up, but not THE one. Took almost five minutes via cable internet. Maybe everyone else can poke around.
http://web.archive.org/web/20050322175514/http://www.cottonwood20b.150m.com/photos1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee