NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as we are ready to throw in the towel, we get thrown a bone.

I am waiting for someone to rule out the flash drive....

Not sure who the minions would be, but it's possible that his family doesn't recognize certain things that would tip others off.

presumably any competent PI would have some clue what to look for in internet usage. By way of example ONLY let's say his regular email address he used for jobs was stkoech@yahoo.com. He could have posted things on the internet using that email address separate and apart from actually emailing. Or might have posted as stkoech.

If there were other email addresses such as StGeoboy, hotblond, or blondLDSinStG or anything else, the addresses might be used in various online fora. Not all websites are viewable by way of google. So if he was going to dating websites, the screen names are not readily accessible so one might have to join a free service just to parse screen names.

This is what I am talking about when I ask about what email addresses he was using. Nobody in connection with the family (by minions I mean family, church people, the PI and whoever else is privy to info but does not share it - excluding LE) has revealed any of this. It is not like I have not offered privately to look for stuff.

Notwithstanding my sometimes forward style of posting here, I am sensitive to certain things and I would not willy nilly post embarassing facts for the world to see.

The possible scenarios are more diverse than just what you have described. However, I'm not a statistician so I cannot state how common or rare it is for someone to disappear in broad daylight and be murdered where there are no factors such as revenge, lover's quarrel's, financial gain (to the killer) or the like. Steven had nothing to his name and from all accounts he not a criminal at all.

It made no sense that he was duped into a side job in SCA. If he was looking at Craigslist or the like, why is it not in the usage history on the computer? We still don't know what is on there and the fact that no one is sharing any of it leads me to believe there is something they consider embarrassing.

Do they really want to find him alive? Who cares about embarassment? They refuse to share anything that might be considered negative and focus on what a good church-going guy he was looking for work. So they would rather believe that their "good" family member is dead rather than have people look for him (dead or alive) with any perceived stain on his reputation.
Unless people know where to look for him, then it makes it pretty difficult to find him. This includes whether people like to drink, gamble, go to strip clubs, gay or straight dating sites, dreams of travel or career change or the like.

So long as the family and their minions keep secrets, then he will remain unfound.

Information is being held for some reason, I agree.

When bringing up the discussion of drugs---it leads me back to JZ. If JZ was into drugs--doing, manufacturing, selling, etc. and SP was verbal in the rejection of any of it--it may have lead to something. Then again, could Steven have used the drugs to his advantage for money? Could TH or JZ have been this opportunity? Looking back, I think he had unemployment from April-Sept and the money problems began. JZ moves out in Nov? and then the real poop hits the fan.

Going into forbidden territory, but usually when a person disappears, there is always the question of "who else is missing". I think you all know who that other person is. I am no statistician neither, but it IS pretty low odds of those two missing within a week of each other and he WAS in the area of her disappearance shortly after. Someone here just recently made the comment maybe he went up north to pick something up. Maybe he did. Maybe it is just coincidental that a missionary returned from Portugal the week before or after his disappearance. Maybe it nothing, maybe it is. Maybe not logical, but neither is this case, is it? I'm not Mormon, not familiar with how they do things; people can believe what they want, how they want, I don't care as long as they don't try to force feed anyone. JMO for the record. Maybe JP and his family were volatile enough to harm two people who seem to be very much alike, and JP wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell to get the kids. JP and his father are not "normal". (Understatement) Be it controlling, dysfunctional, prejudiced, all of the above or whatever. Maybe their perception of "saving" the kids from a Mormon way of life or just controlling other people lives is habitual or obsessive. I could see a family or families protecting their children from this. I would. Why didn't they get the kids? Don't really know, unless it was just a trust me from the parents to handle------Don't know. But stranger things HAVE happened and as said here time and time again-----were dealing with the illogical. It "seems" the family is not wanting to gather any further info and going on with their lives. You need to give clues in this game and we aren't receiving any. There are other people who need and needed the time spent here who were/are willing to do that.

JMO & my :twocents:.

Rachael Anderson is missing and her two, young, low income, struggling daughters need help in resolving her dissappearance. God Bless.

I found a website that allows you to pinpoint every tower for At&t (formerly Cingular) across the country. I am looking in Las Vegas, and some of the towers aren't matching what we have. Does anyone know if different cell companies can use each others towers? There is no cell tower (At&t) at Bermuda & Cactus. That tower is a Verizon tower.

Here is the website, it might help to have additional eyes looking at towers. (Requires registration of name and email.)

http://www.atttowers.com

Seeking Susan: Thank you for making me look at that map again!

SATELLITE VIEW.

Why? Not just because there's TWO cell towers there, but: just across the street from the "north" one, is an LDS ward house: 10230 Bermuda Rd, Las Vegas. I recognized its distinctive roofline and shape.

It's probably meaningless because it's likely there's an LDS ward near each of those tower "hits".

Never mind. (I'll just file it away, in case it makes sense later.)

ANYWAY: e I edited and lost what I'd originally said:

The Cactus & Bermuda tower could belong to a "generic" company or another wireless company that leases space to AT&T for their equipment. Or maybe there's "sharing" going on.

[QUOTE=hollyblue;5219929]Information is being held for some reason, I agree.

When bringing up the discussion of drugs---it leads me back to JZ. If JZ was into drugs--doing, manufacturing, selling, etc. and SP was verbal in the rejection of any of it--it may have lead to something. Then again, could Steven have used the drugs to his advantage for money? Could TH or JZ have been this opportunity? Looking back, I think he had unemployment from April-Sept and the money problems began. JZ moves out in Nov? and then the real poop hits the fan.

Going into forbidden territory, but usually when a person disappears, there is always the question of "who else is missing". I think you all know who that other person is. I am no statistician neither, but it IS pretty low odds of those two missing within a week of each other and he WAS in the area of her disappearance shortly after. Someone here just recently made the comment maybe he went up north to pick something up. Maybe he did. Maybe it is just coincidental that a missionary returned from Portugal the week before or after his disappearance. Maybe it nothing, maybe it is. Maybe not logical, but neither is this case, is it? I'm not Mormon, not familiar with how they do things; people can believe what they want, how they want, I don't care as long as they don't try to force feed anyone. JMO for the record. Maybe JP and his family were volatile enough to harm two people who seem to be very much alike, and JP wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell to get the kids. JP and his father are not "normal". (Understatement) Be it controlling, dysfunctional, prejudiced, all of the above or whatever. Maybe their perception of "saving" the kids from a Mormon way of life or just controlling other people lives is habitual or obsessive. I could see a family or families protecting their children from this. I would. Why didn't they get the kids? Don't really know, unless it was just a trust me from the parents to handle------Don't know. But stranger things HAVE happened and as said here time and time again-----were dealing with the illogical. It "seems" the family is not wanting to gather any further info and going on with their lives. You need to give clues in this game and we aren't receiving any. There are other people who need and needed the time spent here who were/are willing to do that.

JMO & my :twocents:.
Let's say for the sake of discussion JZ was into drugs and Steven was dead set against it. Why would JZ (or anyone connected to him) wait until Steven was in another state to do him harm? That brings in the feds and that just does not seem to be a likely scenario. Many people, and I do mean many people, are aware that neighbors are into drugs or other unsavory activities. Few people wind up dead as a result.

Even neighbors who are actively feuding rarely resort to murder. I don't see a guy like JZ pulling anything off like that.

As for the other thing you described, I have not posted anything on the Susan Powell thread and I don't think there is any connection between the two other than their both being Mormons from Utah disappearing within a short period of time between one another.

I think in SP's case there was strong evidence of a murder but nothing that they were able to pin on anyone. Here we have no evidence of a murder. Just a video tape of Steven walking down the street leaving his car behind and then cell phone pings that show his phone moving to another part of LV later that day. Far from concluding murder, I think it shows that he and his phone were in someone else's car.

none of these cases are anything at all like what has been discussed here. What some have theorized is that Steven was causally strolling down the street, saw something he should not have seen and was murdered for it.

case 1. here involved pot growers shooting a burglar. I doubt Steven was a burglar.

case 2. here involved a revenge killing where the children were targeted based on who their father was.

case 3. here involved a gun battle that took out innocent people.

From what I could gather bodies were all recovered. If Steven witnessed something ANYONE walking their dog could have done the same and the area would be a ghost town by now with missing persons.

I could almost believe an alien abduction over some of the theories being thrown about here.

I guess it is time for me to go into hibernation again until more facts surface. I really had hoped the ping data would have led to better discussions here but I guess I underestimated the resistance of those who absolutely want to believe he is dead.

I said I thought he might have gone hiking in those hills to clear his mind and stumbled across a hidden drug site, which is why the reference to the hikers finding a marijuana stash is relevant.

No, none of them are exactly identical to Steven's circumstances. But dozens of innocent people are taken out by drug-related crime every year.
Yes, anyone could have had the same thing happen to them. I don't know about out there, but there are neighborhoods around here that are very nearly ghost towns from drug-related crime. There was a young man, honors student, knifed to death at a party because a dealer mistook him for a customer who hadn't paid. There was a girl walking home from a Girl Scout meeting hit and killed by a stray bullet from a gunfire exchange several blocks away. There have been unidentified burned bodies found in public parks.

If he was killed by drug dealers, likely they dumped his body somewhere.

And I have no opinion as to whether I think Steven is dead or not. There's evidence for many possible scenarios, and objections to all of them. Statistically the most likely thing is suicide.

I would say the fundamentals havn't been covered on information that hasn't been made available and should have been. If not for swjaxon I would have bailed awhile back and let whoever has the information sit on it or whatever they're doing. They after all are supposed to be the people affected by SK's disappearance.

jaxon has seen (lists of) thousands of emails of SK's, but we are told elsewhere he didn't have an internet connection at rented room. That right there ought to be a red flag that I wouldn't pass until contradiction explained. Thousands of emails say who he was in communiction with, when (which implies to some degree where), and what about, and we have zero information on that because "SK didn't have an internet connection".

If the emails are old then fine, but it also doesn't mean squat as far as that they are 99% oriented to job hunting. That was old also. If they are recent then the guy had to be living in libraries to send many emails with allegedly no internet connection. They say things about what his most recent communications were. To have some blanket "they don't tell us anything" is from quite frankly people that don't know what they're talking about. If they want to sit on it, fine, but I'm not wasting my time on them.

There are dial-up internet connections which I have used as recently as two years ago and still have as far as that goes (I have many computers and internet providers and modes of communication - the gamut, I had my reasons for it). Dial-up is serviceable for email but does require a landline for local calls which he may not have had access to at the rental. But the emails will tell that.

My thanks to swjaxon for insight that puts into doubt so many things we have been told, basically don't worry about it, just look for Steven.

I think the people here have done more without withheld information than anything I've seen before. My hat's off to this group.

rd

I'm sorry for not being more clear.

Steve does have thousands of emails in his inbox from job hunting sites, responses from prospective employers, family, etc. Most are job hunting and unread (daily alerts from certain job websites). He opened the ones that looked interesting. But it doesn't look like he had internet access at his home. There aren't a lot of sent emails, and of those, they're very spaced out. He wasn't prompt in responding to people. Same with his Facebook. Just not a lot of activity.

Steve does have thousands of emails in his inbox from job hunting sites, responses from prospective employers, family, etc. Most are job hunting and unread (daily alerts from certain job websites). He opened the ones that looked interesting. But it doesn't look like he had internet access at his home. There aren't a lot of sent emails, and of those, they're very spaced out. He wasn't prompt in responding to people. Same with his Facebook. Just not a lot of activity.

Thank you.

Without internet access, he'd have had to use the library computer OR take his notebook to the library's wifi.....and maybe take his computer home when he visited.

While on the surface it appears he was looking for a job, it seems he wasn't invested in it enough to keep on top of things (ie, get an internet connection). Maybe he realized that the websites and email contacts aren't that productive.

Steven. Where did you go?

If he was that active on his computer for these job searches, why is there nothing on there about a trip to LV in general or SCA in particular? He did not show up there by mistake. He had to get directions somehow. If not by looking at a site like mapquest, then he got them by phone. Yet there is nothing from any website for travel nor any unindentified phone calls?

To me it shows that he purposely hid this trip from his laptop history and cell phone. Thus there is nothing accidental about the outcome here, IMO.

If he was that active on his computer for these job searches, why is there nothing on there about a trip to LV in general or SCA in particular? He did not show up there by mistake. He had to get directions somehow. If not by looking at a site like mapquest, then he got them by phone. Yet there is nothing from any website for travel nor any unindentified phone calls?

To me it shows that he purposely hid this trip from his laptop history and cell phone. Thus there is nothing accidental about the outcome here, IMO.

But he didn't hide the trip. He told both GW and SA where he was.

The atttowers.com website is interesting (thanks again, SeekingSusan!)

There's an AT&T tower right in SCA at 2402 Atchley (MAP) - yet, Steven's phone never hit off that tower.

If you were driving to it, from where the car was parked, it's only .8 mile (and much less as the crow flies). (MAP).

What does that mean?
That the tower's too new?
That his phone was off, when he was in SCA?

IF the tower was present on Dec 13th and since he was so close to it, wouldn't his phone have hit that rural/residential SCA tower rather than hitting something further (ie, the Whitney Ranch tower at 4:36pm)?

But he didn't hide the trip. He told both GW and SA where he was.

....and he didn't hide it from his cellphone, either. That's why we have all these records. The car was parked in the Vegas area.

It's like someone wanted to make sure, that everyone knew Steven went to Vegas.

It sure does. That's your January 24th 8newsnow story. ????

It is. Welcome to my world. So much time is spent sending outlets like these copyright violation notices...

They don't even give credit. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member