NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Fairy1 should meet for martinis at the homeless camp on Boulder Highway ;) ..... then have pancakes at IHOP, then shop at the DI.

You know, The Full Tour.

I have done all of the above - sans the martinis. Maybe that's what was missing!!!

In regard to Steven coming upon a home that was cooking meth, and getting killed because of it.....one could say the same for SK coming in the middle of a home robbery.
We've discussed this before on WS.

On another note: In another, much nicer, neighborhood in LV we had a neighbor with 4 adults, and 3 children under the age of 8 living in a home that we were all aware of the fact that they cooked meth, and sold drugs. They obviously used also, because there were signs. As, one of the women telling me that (ahem, she saw a program on tv) she knew how to cover the chemical scent of cooking meth by attaching a hose to the mixed compounds, and placing it down the toilet.

I know nothing about manufacturing drugs, so who knows if she was telling the truth. They had a carpet cleaning company come to their home once a month also. Always the same company, and people. hinky

Yet, I have no doubt that there are folks in all neighborhoods who cook meth...it's not only made in trailers in the desert.

In regard to Steven coming upon a home that was cooking meth, and getting killed because of it.....one could say the same for SK coming in the middle of a home robbery.

On another note: In another, much nicer, neighborhood in LV we had a neighbor with 4 adults, and 3 children under the age of 8 living in a home that we were all aware of the fact that they cooked meth, and sold drugs. They obviously used also, because there were signs. As, one of the women telling me that (ahem, she saw a program on tv) she knew how to cover the chemical scent of cooking meth by attaching a hose to the mixed compounds, and placing it down the toilet.

I know nothing about manufacturing drugs, so who knows if she was telling the truth. They had a carpet cleaning company come to their home once a month also. Always the same company, and people. hinky

Yet, I have no doubt that there are folks in all neighborhoods who cook meth...it's not only made in trailers in the desert.

Anyone in SCA own a carpet-cleaning company?

That is true. Plenty of seemingly "normal" neighbors cooking meth in regular neighborhoods all over the place.

But what are the odds Steven stumbled upon one in SCA? I would say pretty slim.

I have done all of the above - sans the martinis. Maybe that's what was missing!!!

Have the martini at the DI. That should cause excitement ;)

I think we've ALL gone to that DI (although I've not been there since SK went missing).

Anyone in SCA own a carpet-cleaning company?

Now that would be a job SK could do on the side to make a little extra money, yet he could have done this in St. George. We have no way of knowing, as nobody is coming forward with information.

Have the martini at the DI. That should cause excitement ;)

I think we've ALL gone to that DI (although I've not been there since SK went missing).

I've been to two of them since Steven went missing! They didn't care that he was missing so I really have to wonder if they would care about martinis!

I just pretended I was booking a trip from Henderson NV to OKC, and on Step 5, it says the following (colors and bold per the web page):

Will Call Ticket Pick Up
ATTENTION: Valid Photo Identification Required for Will Call pick-up.

Pick up tickets at the following station no later than one hour prior to boarding:

QUICK CORNER MINI MART
450 N WATER ST
HENDERSON, NV

To pick up tickets, the credit card holder must present the credit card used for purchase, the reference number (displayed after purchase) and valid photo ID. If the credit card is not presented, a nonrefundable $15.00 fee will apply.

-------------------

So, there has to be some mechanism to match the credit card and passenger ID with the ticket.

that's for purposes of id'ing the person picking up the ticket, i.e., the person who paid for it. It just seems to have something to do with id'ing passengers.

that's for purposes of id'ing the person picking up the ticket, i.e., the person who paid for it. It just seems to have something to do with id'ing passengers.

Yes, but Greyhound would have a record of the transaction on file, which could be checked.

It asks for your name, address, credit card number, email address, etc.

They just don't wipe the record out when you claim or use your ticket.
When you use a credit card, the seller must keep a record of that transaction for a period of time (equal to the longest period that a state allows a credit card customer to file a consumer complaint or credit card chargeback).

(In my own business, the bank required I keep all credit card transaction records for two years.)

Seriously, I don't know where to turn next.

Any ideas?

That is true. Plenty of seemingly "normal" neighbors cooking meth in regular neighborhoods all over the place.

But what are the odds Steven stumbled upon one in SCA? I would say pretty slim.

I disagree. While meth isn't being cooked in Las Vegas nearly as much as it used to be, marijuana grow houses are popping up all over the valley.

Here's some of our station's coverage -- http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11936624

They're busting these places all the time, all over the valley, literally in every neighborhood. It's an angle I've been thinking about, but who knows?

I disagree. While meth isn't being cooked in Las Vegas nearly as much as it used to be, marijuana grow houses are popping up all over the valley.

Here's some of our station's coverage -- http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11936624

They're busting these places all the time, all over the valley, literally in every neighborhood. It's an angle I've been thinking about, but who knows?

Thanks jaxon, I am glad you brought this angle up. Its not one we have talked about too much here. I think its worth talking about.

I really enjoyed reading the articles you had availabe. Amazing! What next?

By the way,who had their carpets cleaned in the neighborhood where SK car was found?

It could but in a city with millions of people it won't. Each tower can handle a finite number of cell phones.

Simple hypothetical example:

Let's say you have a tower that can handle say 10 cell phones at a time. As a designer you must create a network that can serve 1000 people. Each tower operates on the same frequency band. At the same time you want to ensure a high quality call without dropouts to your customers.
What must you do?

You have to put up a lot of towers and keep their signal low enough so they don't completely overlap with nearby towers.

Take out the battery from you cell phone and feel how light it is. Do you really think it is physically ideal for such a small phone to comunicate with

towers 5 and 10 miles away?

I have an app on my phone that shows me the signal strengths of the towers around me and their aprox. locations. The towers are usually within a mile or two so I am a bit skeptical that Steve's phone was talking to so many arbitrary towers while being stationary (even though physically it could).

Plus keep in mind cell phone frequencies attenuate in the atmosphere much faster than low frequency devices.

So with that information, wouldn't it be logical that one could take a phone identical to Steven's with the same service provider in the areas we are discussing (maybe a Sunday to try and create similar circumstances) and get a better idea of where he was? Or at least do a few trials and use some method
to calculate probability? Or am I way of base? Maybe the area (or a more specific area) would match with something on his computer, someone in the neighborhood he went, be near where someone (say GW) was close to on Saturday?

Its an angle you have been thinking about, do you have some thoughts of what may have happened?

Why does that just seem so far fetched for me???

I am curious...do we know the length of the voicemail call? If his voicemail was nearly full...to check all the messages would take some time. Knowing this would help narrow the chances of this being Steven or not checking the messages.

Also, was GW anywhere on the call log other than Sunday? Not trying to start that up again...mostly just curious.

Thanks jaxon, I am glad you brought this angle up. Its not one we have talked about too much here. I think its worth talking about.

I really enjoyed reading the articles you had availabe. Amazing! What next?

By the way,who had their carpets cleaned in the neighborhood where SK car was found?

Everytime we try to talk about the drug angle it gets shot down because some think " Steven wouldn't do that".

I think he very well could do that.

Everytime we try to talk about the drug angle it gets shot down because some think " Steven wouldn't do that".

I think he very well could do that.

Well, I am not going to shoot it down, because anything is possible. Also, he could have stumbled into it. That would be reason enough for someone to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli