NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with the clerk at the convenience store on N. Water St regarding Greyhound buses. No ID is needed to purchase a ticket. No ID is needed to board the bus. There isn't a passenger manifest. Tickets can be purchased at the Henderson location.

If one is getting on a bus at the Henderson location it will travel to the Main St Greyhound station in downtown Las Vegas, and then one continues on to another destination. One can ride the Henderson bus for free, if one has purchased a ticket that departs from the Main St station.

The bus that picks up at 7am, and 9pm arrives from the Main St station, and continues on to AZ locations (Kingman, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson).

Another bus that arrives in Henderson is coming from Az locations, and continues on to Main St station.

I hope this makes sense...there are two buses that cross paths in the AM, and again in the PM.

There isn't any missing person flyers posted at the Henderson convenience store.

I went to the convenience store to ask detailed questions, and I stated that I was getting information for a girlfriend who was trying to get out of a violent relationship. I specifically asked about IDs, and gave the clerk the impression that my girlfriend didn't want her boyfriend to be able to track her. This is how I asked about IDs in detail.

The clerk stated that because no ID is needed to purchase or travel on the buses that there have been situations where immigration officers have pulled over buses to ask passengers for IDs or papers to prove they are in the US legally.

I'm glad I went there. The female clerk was really kind, and helpful. And, I left with valuable information.

In regard to SK traveling from this Henderson Greyhound stop I have a lot to think about, before I attempt to post any thoughts.

Thank you Sin City you ROCK!

So even when they get to the Main Street station, they don't have to show ID? Jeez! How scary is that?

So, when LE said that Steven hadn't left this area by plane or bus, they really didn't know that, did they?

I spoke with the clerk at the convenience store on N. Water St regarding Greyhound buses. No ID is needed to purchase a ticket. No ID is needed to board the bus. There isn't a passenger manifest. Tickets can be purchased at the Henderson location.

If one is getting on a bus at the Henderson location it will travel to the Main St Greyhound station in downtown Las Vegas, and then one continues on to another destination. One can ride the Henderson bus for free, if one has purchased a ticket that departs from the Main St station.

The bus that picks up at 7am, and 9pm arrives from the Main St station, and continues on to AZ locations (Kingman, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson).

Another bus that arrives in Henderson is coming from Az locations, and continues on to Main St station.

I hope this makes sense...there are two buses that cross paths in the AM, and again in the PM.

There isn't any missing person flyers posted at the Henderson convenience store.

I went to the convenience store to ask detailed questions, and I stated that I was getting information for a girlfriend who was trying to get out of a violent relationship. I specifically asked about IDs, and gave the clerk the impression that my girlfriend didn't want her boyfriend to be able to track her. This is how I asked about IDs in detail.

The clerk stated that because no ID is needed to purchase or travel on the buses that there have been situations where immigration officers have pulled over buses to ask passengers for IDs or papers to prove they are in the US legally.

I'm glad I went there. The female clerk was really kind, and helpful. And, I left with valuable information.

In regard to SK traveling from this Henderson Greyhound stop I have a lot to think about, before I attempt to post any thoughts.

Thank you!

So.....if there's no passenger manifest, just HOW did LE confirm that SK wasn't on any bus passenger list? Oh, wait............ :furious:

If he took a bus, I doubt if he walked there. He could have, though, met someone else in SCA who was also leaving.

But I dunno. He still has to live in another city, find work, KEEP a job, and be under even more pressure than before to live silently and anonymously.

The clerk stated that in the past foks would call her to ask if a particular person, by name, was arriving on a bus at that location, and she couldn't tell them anything/ Because, there isn't a passenger manifest, and the ticket is the key to boarding. The ticket doesn't have any personal identity on it.

Thank you Sin City you ROCK!

So even when they get to the Main Street station, they don't have to show ID? Jeez! How scary is that?

So, when LE said that Steven hadn't left this area by plane or bus, they really didn't know that, did they?

I don't remember LE saying that; I only heard Rolf Koecher say that in the press conference.

I don't remember LE saying that; I only heard Rolf Koecher say that in the press conference.

Didn't he say LE had confirmed that? Surely the family wasn't able to do that on their own. They got the information somewhere!

This is scary. SK could have traveled anywhere in the US by Greyhound, and not be tracked at all. Well, maybe by the driver, or other passengers.

I've never traveled by Greyhound bus, but maybe someone here has or knows someone who has recently. That could be a very scary trip knowing that there could be all sorts of people traveling with you. i.e. criminals, others who are hiding their identity, etc.

Didn't he say LE had confirmed that? Surely the family wasn't able to do that on their own. They got the information somewhere!

Nothing's been stated as "confirmed".

From Deseret News: "During a news conference Friday in Henderson, Nev., officials announced they have found no evidence the 30-year-old traveled out of the area by bus or plane." When did "officials" announce ANYTHING at that family press conference?

From 8newsnow.com: "Detectives don't believe Koecher got on a plane or a bus and there was nothing unusual found on his laptop."

I wanted to re-watch the family press conference video to catch the exact wording, but it's been removed from the KLAS-TV (8newsnow.com) website.

swjaxon! Help!
Is there a way that family press conference video can be restored online?
What does "detectives don't believe" mean? PI? RK statement? LE?

This is scary. SK could have traveled anywhere in the US by Greyhound, and not be tracked at all. Well, maybe by the driver, or other passengers.

I've never traveled by Greyhound bus, but maybe someone here has or knows someone who has recently. That could be a very scary trip knowing that there could be all sorts of people traveling with you. i.e. criminals, others who are hiding their identity, etc.

I know someone who went from Detroit to Oklahoma to pick up a truck. He said no ID was given, switched to a different bus part way through, and numerous people talking on their cells all at once. He said it was the trip from he##. LOL
You would think ID would be needed in case of an accident. I agree sin city, scary.

Nothing's been stated as "confirmed".

From Deseret News: "During a news conference Friday in Henderson, Nev., officials announced they have found no evidence the 30-year-old traveled out of the area by bus or plane." When did "officials" announce ANYTHING at that family press conference?

From 8newsnow.com: "Detectives don't believe Koecher got on a plane or a bus and there was nothing unusual found on his laptop."

I wanted to re-watch the family press conference video to catch the exact wording, but it's been removed from the KLAS-TV (8newsnow.com) website.

swjaxon! Help!
Is there a way that family press conference video can be restored online?
What does "detectives don't believe" mean? PI? RK statement? LE?

Okay - SORRY! I guess I had assumed LE had actually done their jobs, but I guess that's not even possible if the missing person hit the road by bus.

Honestly, if any Tom, Dick, Harry or Steven is free to travel by bus totally off record, we have a Homeland Security issue that's waaaaaaaaaaay bigger than one missing man. IMO.

But I digress. Obviously, Steven could have left Vegas/Henderson via Greyhound to Anywhere, USA and no one would be the wiser.

Bus tickets are cheap.

Seems we're moving further and further away from the answer to this mystery by the day.

I know someone who went from Detroit to Oklahoma to pick up a truck. He said no ID was given, switched to a different bus part way through, and numerous people talking on their cells all at once. He said it was the trip from he##. LOL
You would think ID would be needed in case of an accident. I agree sin city, scary.

The clerk stated that one would want to have some sort of ID on them in the case of an accident.

One would think ID would be needed in this day and age of terrorism.

The clerk stated that one would want to have some sort of ID on them in the case of an accident.

One would think ID would be needed in this day and age of terrorism.

Sorry, Fairy, we posted at the same time regarding Homeland Security. lol

The clerk stated that in the past foks would call her to ask if a particular person, by name, was arriving on a bus at that location, and she couldn't tell them anything/ Because, there isn't a passenger manifest, and the ticket is the key to boarding. The ticket doesn't have any personal identity on it.

What the clerk said, must apply only to walk-up ticket purchases paid with cash. On the Greyhound.com website, it says this:

"Travelers between select popular routes can take advantage of our new Print at Home ticketing service. Print your one-way or round trip ticket1 and proceed straight to the gate. Valid photo ID along with the printed ticket for each passenger is required upon boarding. Print at Home tickets are non-transferable. Greyhound baggage restrictions apply."

(What I've put in bold, is what's bolded on that web site)

AND.....it specifically mentions Henderson, NV.

Also, if the destination is Canada or Mexico, a photo ID and proper documents are required.

Obviously, there's a record of passenger travel if the rider pre-purchases their ticket online -- and the name must be on that ticket, because how would they otherwise check the photo ID?

SO....I think it boils down to this: there's no way to CONFIRM if someone travelled via Greyhound UNLESS they purchased their ticket online or paid with a credit card.

Okay folks, my next adventure will be to the church down the street that provides meals to the needy, and homeless several times a week. Plus, the small food bank that is in old town Henderson.

No wonder why we had a homeless man camped out on the front patio of the foreclosed house next door. lol

What the clerk said, must apply only to walk-up ticket purchases paid with cash. On the Greyhound.com website, it says this:

"Travelers between select popular routes can take advantage of our new Print at Home ticketing service. Print your one-way or round trip ticket1 and proceed straight to the gate. Valid photo ID along with the printed ticket for each passenger is required upon boarding. Print at Home tickets are non-transferable. Greyhound baggage restrictions apply."

Also, if the destination is Canada or Mexico, a photo ID and proper documents are required.

Obviously, there's a record of passenger travel if the rider pre-purchases their ticket online -- and the name must be on that ticket, because how would they otherwise check the photo ID?

SO....I think it boils down to this: there's no way to CONFIRM if someone travelled via Greyhound UNLESS they purchased their ticket online or paid with a credit card.

Which we do know, Steven didn't. Sheesh, how friggin' scary is that?

Just a matter of time before some horrific incident changes all of this!

Thank you Laytonian! I was checking the website at this moment.

I just pretended I was booking a trip from Henderson NV to OKC, and on Step 5, it says the following (colors and bold per the web page):

Will Call Ticket Pick Up
ATTENTION: Valid Photo Identification Required for Will Call pick-up.

Pick up tickets at the following station no later than one hour prior to boarding:

QUICK CORNER MINI MART
450 N WATER ST
HENDERSON, NV

To pick up tickets, the credit card holder must present the credit card used for purchase, the reference number (displayed after purchase) and valid photo ID. If the credit card is not presented, a nonrefundable $15.00 fee will apply.

-------------------

So, there has to be some mechanism to match the credit card and passenger ID with the ticket.

Which we do know, Steven didn't. Sheesh, how friggin' scary is that?

Just a matter of time before some horrific incident changes all of this!

There was a scary one, just over two weeks ago; I know we heard it on CNN and MSNBC as we were driving home from Oklahoma: New York Daily News

Updated: Thursday, May 6th 2010, 4:58 PM
PORTSMOUTH, N.H. - A nine-hour bomb scare aboard a Maine-to-New York Greyhound bus ended peacefully Thursday night when the lone remaining passenger walked off it with his hands over his head. The other 16 passengers and the driver had left the bus safely hours earlier.

Okay folks, my next adventure will be to the church down the street that provides meals to the needy, and homeless several times a week. Plus, the small food bank that is in old town Henderson.

No wonder why we had a homeless man camped out on the front patio of the foreclosed house next door. lol

You and Fairy1 should meet for martinis at the homeless camp on Boulder Highway ;) ..... then have pancakes at IHOP, then shop at the DI.

You know, The Full Tour.

Ya know, if you feel as I do, that Steven is still among the living, this gets harder every day. The possibilities are almost endless.

WTH is the PI up to? Why is the home camp so quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli