NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has given any links to the subject of the homeowner or the
homeowner/realtor or the daughter/realtor.

Some of the information indicates knowledge - not just speculation.

I would like to speculate (knowing nothing and having no links)...
the homeowner could be 60 and a realtor.
Her daughter could be 40 and a realtor or not.
The daughter could also be a co-owner or not.

Is there anything that links that house or those people to Steven after all this time?

Is there anything that links that house or those people to Steven after all this time?

Nope. LE was satisfied that she was showing the home. Obviously, if the SUV was seen approaching, it'd be seen leaving.

Absolutely. If you're there, your phone could hit all over Vegas.

That hill is the same hill where the couple walking the trail, was shot at a few months ago. Since there's trails, it looks entirely walkable.

Okay. That is the idea that's been poking at the back of my mind. Don't like this, but...

So either Steven has a job interview in the SCA area, or he's visiting someone there, or something -- anything that gives him a reason to stay overnight, either with somebody or in a cheap motel.

In the morning, he does not get the news that he's got the job.

He goes for a walk to think, pray, clear his head.

And stumbles onto somebody's marijuana patch or meth lab.

The end.

Here is a link to RT's business that was located at the SS address. http://www.preferredservices.net/

Okay. That is the idea that's been poking at the back of my mind. Don't like this, but...

So either Steven has a job interview in the SCA area, or he's visiting someone there, or something -- anything that gives him a reason to stay overnight, either with somebody or in a cheap motel.

The end.

The desert is not fertile grounds for growing pot and meth labs are usually in remote locations for good reason.

Absolutely. If you're there, your phone could hit all over Vegas.

That hill is the same hill where the couple walking the trail, was shot at a few months ago. Since there's trails, it looks entirely walkable.

It could but in a city with millions of people it won't. Each tower can handle a finite number of cell phones.

Simple hypothetical example:

Let's say you have a tower that can handle say 10 cell phones at a time. As a designer you must create a network that can serve 1000 people. Each tower operates on the same frequency band. At the same time you want to ensure a high quality call without dropouts to your customers.
What must you do?

You have to put up a lot of towers and keep their signal low enough so they don't completely overlap with nearby towers.

Take out the battery from you cell phone and feel how light it is. Do you really think it is physically ideal for such a small phone to comunicate with towers 5 and 10 miles away?

I have an app on my phone that shows me the signal strengths of the towers around me and their aprox. locations. The towers are usually within a mile or two so I am a bit skeptical that Steve's phone was talking to so many arbitrary towers while being stationary (even though physically it could).

Plus keep in mind cell phone frequencies attenuate in the atmosphere much faster than low frequency devices.

Nope. LE was satisfied that she was showing the home. Obviously, if the SUV was seen approaching, it'd be seen leaving.

The 40 year old realtor owns the house, per accessor records. She recently sold it.

The end.

....or just stumbles?

It's pretty dry and barren on those hills. Your marijuana patch would require an extensive irritation system ... and a really long water hose. Your meth trailer/house would be visible for miles.

I think that SK is no longer with us due to some sort of foul play. I've seen crimes of greed and crimes of passion. My sense is that this instance had a relationship component to it and was a crime of passion. That's why there aren't more that we know of. There could have been a business component and a personal relationship, and if the one sours the other does, too. :cow:

I think that SK is no longer with us due to some sort of foul play. I've seen crimes of greed and crimes of passion. My sense is that this instance had a relationship component to it and was a crime of passion. That's why there aren't more that we know of. There could have been a business component and a personal relationship, and if the one sours the other does, too. :cow:

....or accidental drug overdose?

Say a guy who hasn't been around much meets up with someone, and he's talked into trying a drug. Today's news talks about super-refined heroin that kills instantly.

Drug OD, accidental. "Friend" hides body. End of story.

....or accidental drug overdose?

Say a guy who hasn't been around much meets up with someone, and he's talked into trying a drug. Today's news talks about super-refined heroin that kills instantly.

Drug OD, accidental. "Friend" hides body. End of story.

that presupposes he knew the other person and was willing to try drugs. I saw absolutely nothing in Steven's past remotely suggesting drug use.

The last four tower hits aren't that far apart; in fact, two of them (6:58 and 6:59pm) are a minute apart but two different towers.

Sunday. A weekend in Vegas. Lots of visitors. I'd think cell traffic would be quite heavy, and calls could bounce around.

I'm not sure what your point is, laytonian (a first for everything :). Yes, they aren't that far apart, they are being hit locally. A distant cell phone would not connect to multiple distant cell towers over a span of hours bypassing the local towers closer to it.

I was saying that if there was one call and some thought that the phone was at some distance then maybe that one call wouldn't rule the possibility out, but multiple connections to a close group of towers shows the cell phone was local to the towers. No way around it, which was your point that maybe it was.

rd

I take it you think he is still alive. I guess that's our big difference. I don't think he is with us anymore, for the simple fact that when people disappear and their phone, credit cards, etc. are never used again it is because they are not alive anymore.

<snip>

He had a debit card with $0 in bank account and the phone was monitorable by family through billing as I understand it. So no, those are not two good examples in this case.

rd

you guys better take a look at his new facebook page and thats why i think his search for SK is no longer active so pls quit the macabre scenarios he's fine

that presupposes he knew the other person and was willing to try drugs. I saw absolutely nothing in Steven's past remotely suggesting drug use.

But if he disappeared for the new life you've suggested, perhaps he'd want an entirely new life? One a bit more exciting? If SK's "Big Daddy Warbucks" is going to support Steven in grand style, Steven is going to feel obligated to participate in things that BDW enjoys. He couldn't criticize the hand that feeds him.

gsmith told us that Steven had been taking some kind of drug that "made him feel better". We don't know if it was prescribed, OTC, or one of the many MLM/pyramid "food supplements" rampant in Utah.

Message to all MEN: Please start being nosier. Like we women are.

If your associate has a job/church responsibility and you find out he's in a town two hours away, please ask why and where.

If your friend tells you about some drug he's taking, please ask what it is and why.

ps you gotta search "steve koecher" his pic shows him smiling and holding a reb ball cap showing him in SLC and working for HOST ICE

ps you gotta search "steve koecher" his pic shows him smiling and holding a reb ball cap showing him in SLC and working for HOST ICE

That's an OLD page that's been there forever.

We've seen it for months; you hadn't?

I'm beginning to believe the ping info is just muddying the waters even more.

Let's say he was picked up by someone after parking his car in SCA. Off they go - toward, but not TO Whitney Ranch. Maybe stop at a quickie mart/gas station to fill up, pick up some snacks, toss the cell phone in the trash and take off for Los Angeles or........Sacramento.

And this brings us back to needing the exact same piece of information we've needed since day 1 - WHY WAS STEVEN HERE?!?!?!?!?

And this can be said for every, single scenario we've ever discussed, regardless of the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli