NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running out of things to say. I felt from day one this was a voluntary departure. I felt the answer to this mystery is in one way shape or form on Steven's laptop. I felt SCA was just a rendezvous point and not a final destination.

What have we learned? Henderson LE is not impressed with this case and is not treating it as a criminal matter (best I can tell). The family selectively released only emails that show someone looking for jobs but nothing else on that hard drive has been publicly discussed. Then we learn from the cell tower pings that at least Steven's phone made it out of SCA for the Whitney Ranch area of Vegas until it was used one last time the next morning.

To all those who say Steven would never do this or that let's examine the facts. It is claimed he was always looking for a job which is not true. He left a full time job to move to St. George and it has been claimed there were all kinds of job applications sitting at home that were unmailed. His last known boss said that his company did NOT solicit business in Las Vegas so Steven would not have been there on behalf of the boss.

To all those who say Steven would never leave family behind, well he DID that already. He left them all behind in SLC when he moved to St. George.

To all those who say church was central to his life, that is not true. He had no qualms about skipping church or church functions. In fact the day he bailed out in SCA he told people he was not going to be at church, without further explanation.

So what does that leave us?

Well, the way you look at Steven is different than I look at him. He did not lLEAVE HIS FAMILY BEHIND. He moved away from them,he was 30. But he stayed in contact with them. Talking to his siblings,parents, and returning home for functions.

Yes< I believe church was important to him. Yes, he skipped things occasionally, but who dosen't. Many very active LDS people do skip church and functions. Most of his friends on Facebook were church members or relatives.

Even though he did not have a dream job, he had a job, and most of the time, he did have a job.

My 5 kids love my husband and I, but they ALL spread their wings and flew away. They wanted their independence, thought their would be better looking guys in another town, wanted to tan,(a few went to Dixie College in St.George). I never felt they were LEAVING US BEHIND. They came home for family functions, called us, etc.

And they are LDS. And I would say most of them active. They did skip church and activities.

You and I are looking at things very differently than one another, and thats okay. But I stick by my thoughts of Steven.

I am running out of things to say. I felt from day one this was a voluntary departure. I felt the answer to this mystery is in one way shape or form on Steven's laptop. I felt SCA was just a rendezvous point and not a final destination.

What have we learned? Henderson LE is not impressed with this case and is not treating it as a criminal matter (best I can tell). The family selectively released only emails that show someone looking for jobs but nothing else on that hard drive has been publicly discussed. Then we learn from the cell tower pings that at least Steven's phone made it out of SCA for the Whitney Ranch area of Vegas until it was used one last time the next morning.

To all those who say Steven would never do this or that let's examine the facts. It is claimed he was always looking for a job which is not true. He left a full time job to move to St. George and it has been claimed there were all kinds of job applications sitting at home that were unmailed. His last known boss said that his company did NOT solicit business in Las Vegas so Steven would not have been there on behalf of the boss.

To all those who say Steven would never leave family behind, well he DID that already. He left them all behind in SLC when he moved to St. George.

To all those who say church was central to his life, that is not true. He had no qualms about skipping church or church functions. In fact the day he bailed out in SCA he told people he was not going to be at church, without further explanation.

So what does that leave us?

You make a very enticing argument here, and I thank you for doing so, they are all excellent points of observation.

However, even though I would not or could not argue with this logic, I still believe that Steven K. was abducted, perhaps, unwillingly but also by people he himself, came into contact with that did him no good.

A person who was both secretive and had his own affairs to keep close to the chest, but it backfired on him.

But this of course, is just , IMO.

I hope he is recovered soon, for that is the only way those who love him, can ever know what happened.

We are all different people...but it does seem that all want to see Steven again.

Re the family holding things close to the vest and allowing only good thoughts of Steven, I promise you my Mom and Dad would do the same.
I think it is a difficult place they are in....wanting to find their child and
not wanting to share with strangers. No one ever thinks they will be in
this position.

You know all those LE news conferences...where they ask the public
to help....they want someone who knows something. I believe we are
looking for the someone who knows something and has the guts to
speak up.

Steven I hope you are well.

We are all different people...but it does seem that all want to see Steven again.

Re the family holding things close to the vest and allowing only good thoughts of Steven, I promise you my Mom and Dad would do the same.
I think it is a difficult place they are in....wanting to find their child and
not wanting to share with strangers. No one ever thinks they will be in
this position.

You know all those LE news conferences...where they ask the public
to help....they want someone who knows something. I believe we are
looking for the someone who knows something and has the guts to
speak up.

Steven I hope you are well.

I agree that there's someone out there who knows more than they can tell -- but maybe they are fearful.

Maybe they even read here.

All it would take is for them to sign up here, and anonymously give some clues (even if they didn't name a name).

I agree that there's someone out there who knows more than they can tell -- but maybe they are fearful.

Maybe they even read here.

All it would take is for them to sign up here, and anonymously give some clues (even if they didn't name a name).

Yes, I agree there of course someone that knows something somewhere.
Steven did not seem to have a big circle of friends. And was not involved in alot of different things. It seems as though it would not be a difficult situation to rule out people that he knew. So he had a job we know about, he had a church job we know about. No one has said he had enemies. There does not seem to be any indication at this time of a secret life. So for all the things we know about him, did someone he knew, or worked for lure him to that area were the car was found? Thoughts anyone?

Steven did not seem to have a big circle of friends. And was not involved in alot of different things. It seems as though it would not be a difficult situation to rule out people that he knew. So he had a job we know about, he had a church job we know about. No one has said he had enemies. There does not seem to be any indication at this time of a secret life. So for all the things we know about him, did someone he knew, or worked for lure him to that area were the car was found? Thoughts anyone?

It would certainly appear that way. Unless Steven went to great lengths to hide whatever he was doing and whatever brought him to Vegas that day, the answer lies within the info we already have.

Someone was angry; I'd classify that as an enemy.
Whether they acted out on it, I don't know...but their history has some Z-like skeletons.

Then there's the possibility that he was doing something ilicit, and hidden. We don't know what other job(s) he had after moving to St George and matchbin let him go a month later ... but he was only three months late on rent, at the first of December. (That would have been Sep, Oct, Nov.)
How did he pay the rent from May - Aug?
Passing out flyers as an "independent contractor" @ $100/pop (occasional cash assumed, with IC responsible to keep records and pay taxes) couldn't have supported him from Sep-Dec even without paying rent.

While I think he was a good guy, I don't see him as a saint. Not when he was that far in debt and (apparently) shunning the people he owed money to. There's nothing wrong with taking a fast-food job, a C-store clerk position, and working two or three menial jobs at a time. Why not?

Someone was angry; I'd classify that as an enemy.
Whether they acted out on it, I don't know...but their history has some Z-like skeletons.

Then there's the possibility that he was doing something ilicit, and hidden. We don't know what other job(s) he had after moving to St George and matchbin let him go a month later ... but he was only three months late on rent, at the first of December. (That would have been Sep, Oct, Nov.)
How did he pay the rent from May - Aug?
Passing out flyers as an "independent contractor" @ $100/pop (occasional cash assumed, with IC responsible to keep records and pay taxes) couldn't have supported him from Sep-Dec even without paying rent.

While I think he was a good guy, I don't see him as a saint. Not when he was that far in debt and (apparently) shunning the people he owed money to. There's nothing wrong with taking a fast-food job, a C-store clerk position, and working two or three menial jobs at a time. Why not?

BBM

Because he didn't have to...we just need to figure out why.

I don't recall if it's ever come up, but do we know when Steven began working for TH?

BBM

Because he didn't have to...we just need to figure out why.

But that's the point. He could have, easily.

Just think.
He's a single guy, living alone.
No wife, no kids to support.
All he has are his own minor bills and (maybe something else???)

What did he do in the evenings?
Watch TV in the living room? (Apparently, no cable TV.)
Read alone in his room?
Attend the YSA "family home evening" event every Monday?
Generate more unsent job apps?

Ya know, the IP addresses on those emails would clearly show where they were sent/received from.
:woohoo:
If there's recent emails, sent/received while he lived in St George, were their headers checked to see where he was, when he downloaded them to download them to his OWN LAPTOP! Or were they just reviewed for content?

Any emails he sent from his laptop, while in St George, should be checked for originating IP.

I don't recall if it's ever come up, but do we know when Steven began working for TH?

No, we don't.

But that's the point. He could have, easily.

Just think.
He's a single guy, living alone.
No wife, no kids to support.
All he has are his own minor bills and (maybe something else???)

What did he do in the evenings?
Watch TV in the living room? (Apparently, no cable TV.)
Read alone in his room?
Attend the YSA "family home evening" event every Monday?
Generate more unsent job apps?

I agree - but I meant maybe he didn't have to because he was otherwise employed - doing whatever he was doing that no one knows about.

Ya know, the IP addresses on those emails would clearly show where they were sent/received from.
:woohoo:
If there's recent emails, sent/received while he lived in St George, were their headers checked to see where he was, when he downloaded them to download them to his OWN LAPTOP! Or were they just reviewed for content?

Any emails he sent from his laptop, while in St George, should be checked for originating IP.

So, here we are 6 months later, still having to wonder how thoroughly his computer was checked. Surely the PI understands how crucial that is. Right? Right? :banghead:

No, we don't.

I'm not sure it's important as, like you, I can't see him earning enough in that job to cover his expenses.

What I just can't shake is, if he was doing something else to earn enough money to pay his rent and bills, etc., then why was he 3 months behind in his rent when he went missing? And I keep coming back to the same answer, he was socking it away so he could take off and start his new life.

See how nicely that fits into my theory? :crazy:

I agree - but I meant maybe he didn't have to because he was otherwise employed - doing whatever he was doing that no one knows about.

So, here we are 6 months later, still having to wonder how thoroughly his computer was checked. Surely the PI understands how crucial that is. Right? Right? :banghead:

I'm sure. We know LE put a warrant on it, so it was independently checked AND the PI must have those results. If there's a failure, it wouldn't be with the PI.

I'm not sure it's important as, like you, I can't see him earning enough in that job to cover his expenses.

Evidently, he didn't -- not those last few months. I'm wondering about what he did before then. Nothing? Then why wasn't he further behind?

What I just can't shake is, if he was doing something else to earn enough money to pay his rent and bills, etc., then why was he 3 months behind in his rent when he went missing? And I keep coming back to the same answer, he was socking it away so he could take off and start his new life.

See how nicely that fits into my theory? :crazy:

So he had a bunch of cash around the house? Or hidden in the car? (Remember, his room didn't have a lock on it.) If he had a substantial sum, he would have been a target for robbery/burglary -- but why lure him to Vegas, to do that, when he was already "away" much of the previous week?

I'd think, if he had a stash, he'd have bought gas with the stash and driven further than SCA.

Interesting. Kinda what we've been talking about here....

Just an anonymous phone call from a pay phone.

TELL US WHERE HE IS!!!

Sure hope the right person reads it.
Maybe PI could give his information along with the challenge....address,
phone, email contact - or is that right out there in the Vegas phone book?

I'm sure. We know LE put a warrant on it, so it was independently checked AND the PI must have those results. If there's a failure, it wouldn't be with the PI.

Well then, perhaps we should let that go? If he was doing anything secretly by computer, it would have been on the library computers. Otherwise, he would have taken his laptop with him when he left - if there was anything to hide.

Evidently, he didn't -- not those last few months. I'm wondering about what he did before then. Nothing? Then why wasn't he further behind?

Right - so how was he covering everything before those last three months? :waitasec:

So he had a bunch of cash around the house? Or hidden in the car? (Remember, his room didn't have a lock on it.) If he had a substantial sum, he would have been a target for robbery/burglary -- but why lure him to Vegas, to do that, when he was already "away" much of the previous week?

I'd think, if he had a stash, he'd have bought gas with the stash and driven further than SCA.

Who would have known he had a stash? If he did, I'm sure he wasn't broadcasting it. It would have been a secret.

And he wouldn't have needed to go further than SCA, if that was his destination. Which, for all intents and purposes, it seems to have been.

I thought it sounded like he knows who the person is and knows they read the FB page.

Check Steven's facebook....PI has a post and a challenge....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=225335012614&v=wall

Gee, that sounds familiar -- but it's the right thing to do right now.

Here's another challenge to YOU WHO KNOWS WHERE STEVEN IS:

If you're too chicken to contact the PI (like he's trying to pull a trick on your or something), here's how to do it with a laptop computer:

Go to a McDonald's, Starbucks, park outside any motel that offers "free wifi", or even in Steven's old neighborhood and use that unsecured wifi connection.

Open an AOL throwaway email account.
Go to open NNTP server aioe.org.
Use that to post whatever you have to say, on alt.true-crime usenet newsgroup OR any other usenet group. As long as you use the word KOECHER in your text, we can find it without you telling us where it is.

Or, using a hotmail address, register for a gmail address, then a yahoo email address, and then use that one to create a Google Account so you can use Google Groups to post on Usenet.

Speak.
It has to hurt, holding it inside.

And we don't care about YOU either, just like the PI said.

...and if you only know WHO did it, just say so. You don't have to know everything.

If you click on Craig's name on the FB page, it takes you to HIS FB page -- and the links to his agency are right there.

Just in case:

Craig Retke's agency phone number: 702-296-5005

His website Nevada Investigative Group

Check Steven's facebook....PI has a post and a challenge....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=225335012614&v=wall

I will try to make my point as diplomatically as possible with regards to this so-called private investigator:

unless he was given a complete copy of Steven's hard drive, I would have refused to take the case, end of story. However, since I think the family keeps secrets I doubt he got all the info.

I wonder who has been paying this guy all this time? He is saying on FB that all leads have led to nothing, yet when he was gathering publicity for the search of the field he made it seem like it was extremely reliable information that his body was out there.

He is now asking on FB for "whoever" to give him the information he needs to crack the case. Why pay someone to post that? Steven's family could have done that from day one at no cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz