NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....or minimal resources, because they either don't want to bring attention to themselves, or don't have many resources.
I'm not thinking "crime boss". I'm thinking of someone who may have also needed money quickly.

Possibly. And there would be at least a few calls to Steven's phone from that person, you would think. Moreso than if such a person intentionally sent Steven into harm's way.

ETA:
It's just more speculation, based on what we've discussed before with a couple of extra details thrown in. Not sure about a happy ending, though. After our "hero" drives off into the sunset, we don't know what comes next....

Ah yes, the part that comes next.....

Let the hilarity continue!

Possibly. And there would be at least a few calls to Steven's phone from that person, you would think. Moreso than if such a person intentionally sent Steven into harm's way.

Definitely. They'd be going nuts trying to find them; probably calling him once a day or more.

Just to bounce around the "ran off with a band" scenario some more, I have a few questions.

I agree if he did it, it was for a paying job, not just a cheap way to travel and be a groupie. And, he did have some roadie experience and had a love of music. But if that was it, why not at least call his family and let them know he's okay and will not be coming back?

Now, if he did just run off to follow a band around the country, I could see him not wanting his family to know it. He's a 30-year-old man and that's not a responsible, adult thing to do, right? I have an 18-year-old son who would run off with Kings of Leon tomorrow given half a chance but, ya know, he's 18!

I wonder if roadies for professional bands are required to be union. What would they be, Teamsters? Could there possibly be a way to find out if he did join up?

Just to bounce around the "ran off with a band" scenario some more, I have a few questions.

I agree if he did it, it was for a paying job, not just a cheap way to travel and be a groupie. And, he did have some roadie experience and had a love of music. But if that was it, why not at least call his family and let them know he's okay and will not be coming back?

Now, if he did just run off to follow a band around the country, I could see him not wanting his family to know it. He's a 30-year-old man and that's not a responsible, adult thing to do, right? I have an 18-year-old son who would run off with Kings of Leon tomorrow given have a chance but, ya know, he's 18!

I wonder if roadies for professional bands are required to be union. What would they be, Teamsters? Could there possibly be a way to find out if he did join up?

Only if you know a Teamster with access to the membership records of each Local.

But I can't imagine him NOT at least flagging down a friend or family member, and sending an "I'm OK!" note. I can't imagine a job as demeaning as passing out paper flyers door to door.

ETA:
I'll be glad to supervise your 18-year-old while he's off with the KoL.

Only if you know a Teamster with access to the membership records of each Local.

I do not. But it seems to me the union parent would have access to all union rolls under their umbrella.

But I can't imagine him NOT at least flagging down a friend or family member, and sending an "I'm OK!" note. I can't imagine a job as demeaning as passing out paper flyers door to door.

I can't either, but I'm not Steven.

ETA:
I'll be glad to supervise your 18-year-old while he's off with the KoL.

No, Ma'am. I am his mother. I will do it. :crazy:

Now, if he did just run off to follow a band around the country, I could see him not wanting his family to know it. He's a 30-year-old man and that's not a responsible, adult thing to do, right? I have an 18-year-old son who would run off with Kings of Leon tomorrow given half a chance but, ya know, he's 18!

If we suppose he is working as a roadie, he'd have to be around other people. It would be only a matter of time before someone recognized him. He couldn't get a drivers license because the new state wants the old license. It would come out that he's a missing person. Someone, somewhere would recognize him. So, I don't think he's still alive or he'd have been noticed by now.

It's a total long shot, but there's bound to be cell phone video/pics/etc. of these concerts on the web (youtube/facebook/club or venue websites). If anyone's seriously into Megadeath ;), it might be worth scanning concert videos/pics for his face.

It's a total long shot, but there's bound to be cell phone video/pics/etc. of these concerts on the web (youtube/facebook/club or venue websites). If anyone's seriously into Megadeath ;), it might be worth scanning concert videos/pics for his face.

Good point! Thank you and welcome!

I heard from someone who knows what his real eBay ID, verified through his email account, is.

The dates were intriguing, but leaving feedback in the middle of driving to Ruby Valley, and then again 8 days after the last call to VM, didn't fit either.
Also, Steven was on his mission in 1999 when the accounts were registered.

Well the responses would match with being where there is free wireless to get online such as a McDonalds or a Starbucks.

The post after he went missing could his inability to give it up or maybe even the perp trying to make it look like SK.

And was he on his mission for all of 1999? My younger brother set an account up to sell his stuff before he came home from his mission so he didn't have to deal with it when he got here. Missionaries do get access to computers now more than they used to. Or maybe he set it before he left to sell some things to make some money to pay for his mission.

And just because the email account is not his "main" email...does that mean he didn't have others? I would feel better if we saw something else happening on the account or an answer from the owner.

You still have to wonder, though, what the heck happened to him AFTER the concert?

If he had planned to return to St. George, why on earth would he park so far away from the concert venue? Is it possible the person with whom he went to the concert lived in SCA?

If he planned to run off with the band or a fellow follower of the band, it couldn't have been someone he had just met at that concert that night. There had to have been prior contact and plan of some kind or he wouldn't have parked so far away.

I think the possibility of him taking off with a band is plausible. Not being familiar with the "Deadhead" mentality, I'm just not sure how it works!

Lived in, worked in, or had relatives in SCA, yeah, that was what I was thinking. The most plausible one to me was that the person he met was a caretaker or housekeeper in the area -- "Hey, I get off work at noon. Meet me there and we'll go grab some lunch and then we'll go get in line so we can be the first ones in."

As far in advance as people buy tickets, it could have been arranged well before the period we have seen phone records for. It could be a date -- the person he's meeting could have invited him to accompany him/her.

After the show, went to an afterparty somewhere. Spent the night with somebody -- maybe the person he went with, maybe somebody he met there. (I'm kinda picturing somebody he used to know but hadn't seen for a long time.) In the morning somebody says, "Hey, I can get you a job with the band." Any of the bands that played, not just Megadeth. Steven looks at his messages. No apology from his father. Nothing but nagging calls from people he doesn't like anyway.

He says, "What the heck," tosses the phone and his old life, and gets in the car.

Every now and then he probably thinks, "I should drop a line to Mom and Dad and let them know I'm okay," but never quite gets around to it.

As for somebody recognizing him -- maybe, but I doubt it. His picture isn't plastered everywhere even in the region and he's a pretty average-looking guy. People just don't pay attention. I bet he could walk through SCA today and nobody there would notice.

If we suppose he is working as a roadie, he'd have to be around other people. It would be only a matter of time before someone recognized him. He couldn't get a drivers license because the new state wants the old license. It would come out that he's a missing person. Someone, somewhere would recognize him. So, I don't think he's still alive or he'd have been noticed by now.

I thought he had his license with him. It could be several years before he has to deal with that -- and I'm not sure how good the interstate exchange of information like that is anyway. It's not illegal for him to leave. There's no reason to flag it.

I thought he had his license with him. It could be several years before he has to deal with that -- and I'm not sure how good the interstate exchange of information like that is anyway. It's not illegal for him to leave. There's no reason to flag it.

You're right.

His wallet is missing, and likely in his pants pocket when he was last seen. That means, IF he's alive, he has his ID with him.
An expired driver's license only disqualifies you from driving legally; it can still be used as a form of picture ID in informal circumstances.

Well the responses would match with being where there is free wireless to get online such as a McDonalds or a Starbucks.

The post after he went missing could his inability to give it up or maybe even the perp trying to make it look like SK.

And was he on his mission for all of 1999? My younger brother set an account up to sell his stuff before he came home from his mission so he didn't have to deal with it when he got here. Missionaries do get access to computers now more than they used to. Or maybe he set it before he left to sell some things to make some money to pay for his mission.

And just because the email account is not his "main" email...does that mean he didn't have others? I would feel better if we saw something else happening on the account or an answer from the owner.

Have you found any additional email addresses that also link to an eBay account?

Or received a reply from any contact (buyer/seller) through eBay?

I haven't.

Teamsters, sometimes electricians, and there's a musicians' union as well. There could be more.

There may or may not be reciprocal work agreements in place allowing members of outside unions (outside the local's area, that is) to work in the union shop.

Lived in, worked in, or had relatives in SCA, yeah, that was what I was thinking. The most plausible one to me was that the person he met was a caretaker or housekeeper in the area -- "Hey, I get off work at noon. Meet me there and we'll go grab some lunch and then we'll go get in line so we can be the first ones in."

As far in advance as people buy tickets, it could have been arranged well before the period we have seen phone records for. It could be a date -- the person he's meeting could have invited him to accompany him/her.

After the show, went to an afterparty somewhere. Spent the night with somebody -- maybe the person he went with, maybe somebody he met there. (I'm kinda picturing somebody he used to know but hadn't seen for a long time.) In the morning somebody says, "Hey, I can get you a job with the band." Any of the bands that played, not just Megadeth. Steven looks at his messages. No apology from his father. Nothing but nagging calls from people he doesn't like anyway.

He says, "What the heck," tosses the phone and his old life, and gets in the car.

Every now and then he probably thinks, "I should drop a line to Mom and Dad and let them know I'm okay," but never quite gets around to it.

As for somebody recognizing him -- maybe, but I doubt it. His picture isn't plastered everywhere even in the region and he's a pretty average-looking guy. People just don't pay attention. I bet he could walk through SCA today and nobody there would notice.

Totally can see this all happening.

I tried looking at Megadeth pics but, either I was looking in the wrong places or there just aren't that many on the 'net. Ran out of time.

I tried looking at Megadeth pics but, either I was looking in the wrong places or there just aren't that many on the 'net. Ran out of time.

I didn't find that many either. I think the Dec. 13 gig might have been the last one of the tour.

megadeth.com

I honestly don't think I've ever heard one of their songs (but I'm an unrehabilitated channel-flipper....so often I only know I like something, and don't know what it is, or who did it).

megadeth.com

I honestly don't think I've ever heard one of their songs (but I'm an unrehabilitated channel-flipper....so often I only know I like something, and don't know what it is, or who did it).

Tried that - and Facebook too.

And I don't believe I've ever heard a Megadeth song, either. I'm pretty sure if one of their tunes came on the radio, I would have changed the station immediately!

And I don't believe I've ever heard a Megadeth song, either. I'm pretty sure if one of their tunes came on the radio, I would have changed the station immediately!

I'm playing with youtube, and I don't recognize anything. But they're pretty lower-tier, anyway.

So you're looking for images of megadeth, or concert attendees?

These are older, and don't show the audience: http://www.megadeth.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=4171

I'll have to google the other two bands at the show. I think they're more likely as a source of employment for SK -- get in on the ground floor and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice