NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're catching all the bad reporting ;)
All reports I've seen, mention that the car and/or body were burned.

"She was discovered by a motorist at 12:05 p.m. in a burned car a mile off Interstate 15 near Sloan Road exit, Lt. Lewis Roberts of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said."
Source: Pasadena Star News.

Earlier report:
"The initial call came in at around 12:10pm and responders discovered the body about a mile off of the I-15 southbound highway. The body was found inside a car and had been set on fire."
Source: KTNV.com.

I guess so, but I feel like I'm losing my mind! This story says she was found by target shooters at LV Blvd. & St. Rose - which is NOT the same location.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/26067152/detail.html

I'm thinking the employment's linked to the death.
LV has a pretty wide-open advertising "opportunity" for the massage trade, KWIM?

Since LE didn't release MC's employment, and based on her college education my first thought was that MC was in LV regarding an open LE case. I cannot figure out any other reason that LE wouldn't release her employment.

Sorry about my post regarding MC, as I see there is a thread for her case. However, there isn't much activity on it.

Sorry about my post regarding MC, as I see there is a thread for her case. However, there isn't much activity on it.

There should be; if we want to discuss it, we should go over there.

There should be; if we want to discuss it, we should go over there.

The Michele Carson thread is HERE.

I think there's not much discussion, because the police aren't asking for much info. Hopefully, it'll be solved quickly.

I guess one can assume that if she were engaged in legitimate employment, they might have released that information -- but not necessarily.

It doesn't even say what her job was in LA. Criminal Justice degree....not much of an employment problem there. She could have been sent to LV to chase a lead of some sort. ??? Not telling.

Is someone being lured around the holidays for some type of employment and fast buck....seemingly legit? Out of towners?

Okay, I am confused. Sloan, NV is several miles south of Vegas. THAT is where I understood the body in the burned car to be found. Yet the reports on Michele Carson are saying her remains were found at LV Blvd & St. Rose Pkwy - that's not Sloan. I never saw any mention of her remains being burned or a burned car with regard to Michele.

What am I missing here?

From my first post regarding Michelle. It mentions a burned car. I think some reports stated the vicinity of LV Blvd & St Rose. That's what made the possible connection to SK--- for me to search.

Fairy, isn't there a quarry out that way? Seems I remember doing a google search for SK's case and there was? Can you confirm? Thanks.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

From my first post regarding Michelle. It mentions a burned car. I think some reports stated the vicinity of LV Blvd & St Rose. That's what made the possible connection to SK--- for me to search.

Fairy, isn't there a quarry out that way? Seems I remember doing a google search for SK's case and there was? Can you confirm? Thanks.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

There is a quarry in the area of Maryland Pkwy and Cactus. If I remember correctly it's on Cactus between Maryland Pkwy and Bermuda. We had a townhome in this area, and it was very noisy...too noisy.

There is a quarry in the area of Maryland Pkwy and Cactus. If I remember correctly it's on Cactus between Maryland Pkwy and Bermuda. We had a townhome in this area, and it was very noisy...too noisy.

Thanks Sin City. I can't find the name, but if you look a the pics from Google Maps, you can tell the hills in the background are cut out.....and piles of gravel.

Wonder if this area was checked for SK?

quarries, las vegas, nv - Google Maps

<modsnip>....another theory. Anyone know the reporter's name? It's a local news report for the local Henderson neighborhood and did not hit MSM. So much for investigative reporting....LOL I wouldn't link my name to it either.

Maybe they need to go back and review the PC video they reported on back in February-----in the MSM.

Different pic of SK tho...I don't recall seeing it before.

http://henderson.8newsnow.com/content/searching-missing-people-las-vegas

I guess so, but I feel like I'm losing my mind! This story says she was found by target shooters at LV Blvd. & St. Rose - which is NOT the same location.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/26067152/detail.html

A mind is a terrible thing to lose -- so don't do that!

The link you post, is a very early report; like others I've seen from that source, things are very generalized and open to misinterpretation.

There's only 2.3 miles between the St Rose and Sloan exits -- so it could be described as being in the general area.

I can't see anyone luring anyone to their home or anywhere where they were known, if they're doing something nefarious.

Meet somewhere else.

The fact that we never see SK again on video appears to me as someone wanted him on video (himself or someone else), or he did not leave alive-which may have not necessarily been the intent.

I say wanted him on video...because if he went in that way...one would think he would leave the same way, once again appearing on video as a passenger or driver. If they never saw him on video, it would seem deliberately avoided. Why not avoid it in the first place, if you avoid it leaving.

The fact that we never see SK again on video appears to me as someone wanted him on video (himself or someone else), or he did not leave alive-which may have not necessarily been the intent.

I say wanted him on video...because if he went in that way...one would think he would leave the same way, once again appearing on video as a passenger or driver. If they never saw him on video, it would seem deliberately avoided. Why not avoid it in the first place, if you avoid it leaving.

I hear ya. I've banged my head on that for a long time.

I think a neighborhood culprit would know about the security cameras on the corner.

Would such a culprit parade a victim past that video, regardless of their intent? Wouldn't they have a convoluted "perfect crime" in place, involving someone who resembles the target enough to fool their family.

From recent family communications, I know that one EL family is still of interest to them.

I think the video was accidental.
If this had happened before in that neighborhood, I could see a purposeful criminal intent.

The problem is, if SK left via another means, it wouldn't show up on Mr Security's camera. We can't even see SK inside his car as he drives past.

The ONLY thing that would be helpful, would be video from the corner of Savannah Springs and Laurel Heights -- an intersection that you must go through, to leave Overlook Village. There ain't no other way, unless you walk past SK's car (exposing yourself to the cameras again) and around the gate at the end of Savannah Springs.

I hear ya. I've banged my head on that for a long time.

I think a neighborhood culprit would know about the security cameras on the corner.

Would such a culprit parade a victim past that video, regardless of their intent? Wouldn't they have a convoluted "perfect crime" in place, involving someone who resembles the target enough to fool their family.

From recent family communications, I know that one EL family is still of interest to them.

I think the video was accidental.
If this had happened before in that neighborhood, I could see a purposeful criminal intent.

The problem is, if SK left via another means, it wouldn't show up on Mr Security's camera. We can't even see SK inside his car as he drives past.

The ONLY thing that would be helpful, would be video from the corner of Savannah Springs and Laurel Heights -- an intersection that you must go through, to leave Overlook Village. There ain't no other way, unless you walk past SK's car (exposing yourself to the cameras again) and around the gate at the end of Savannah Springs.

If he was given directions to go in that way...you'd think if it was innocent, that he would go out that way, most likely as a passenger. We know what time his phone started pinging somewhere else, so the video could be narrowed down to a few hours. If no cars are seen leaving with him...maybe looking at other cars that came in that day and left a different direction, but were later seen coming in that way again...would gleen some important information.

Given that he is on video...and then not, helps support my own belief that something unexpected happened. I think if he was a passenger in another car and everything was on the up and up, SK could be seen on video.

The pings could have been the enemy looking for a place to get rid of evidence, or waiting for someone else to come help with something. We know SK wasn't driving his car...so it would be likely someone was driving him.

The VM call could have been an attempt from someone who found the phone. If it was SK in danger he would have called 911. Either way...it seems apparent there is someone else involved.

If he was given directions to go in that way...you'd think if it was innocent, that he would go out that way, most likely as a passenger. We know what time his phone started pinging somewhere else, so the video could be narrowed down to a few hours. If no cars are seen leaving with him...maybe looking at other cars that came in that day and left a different direction, but were later seen coming in that way again...would gleen some important information.

Given that he is on video...and then not, helps support my own belief that something unexpected happened. I think if he was a passenger in another car and everything was on the up and up, SK could be seen on video.

Which also supports a theory that he walked up EL and turned the corner and walked further. Leaving from there, you'd automatically drive down Laurel Heights back out onto the main road -- invisible to the security cameras.

If he's in a vehicle captured on video, the information's not available.
Wish it was. We don't know which other vehicles came and went out of the neighborhood.

We tend to focus on only on EL and the white SUV.

I walked it a few weeks ago. Those streets are narrow and much shorter than they look on the maps/satellite. The houses are jammed in together, almost touching. I was amazed by how small it all was, and how it took only a couple minutes to get up to the top of EL -- walking at a small dog's pace, rather than what we see on the video.

The pings could have been the enemy looking for a place to get rid of evidence, or waiting for someone else to come help with something. We know SK wasn't driving his car...so it would be likely someone was driving him.

The VM call could have been an attempt from someone who found the phone. If it was SK in danger he would have called 911. Either way...it seems apparent there is someone else involved.

The VM calls that afternoon and morning, could have been someone else *totally*, waiting for a message.

If we look at this as a crime scenario, Steven could have lost control of his movements some time after noon on Dec 13th -- at the time he was driven out of SCA.

It's also possible that he drove out of SCA, in another vehicle.

More and more, I'm convinced that unless he's a suicide (meaning he's somewhere in the Vegas area) ... he won't be found in Vegas.

....but I called in the tip, anyway. WTH at this point. SK could have gone anywhere.

The remains found in the Lakeland woods near Memphis, are of a man, aged 30-70, and had been there for 12-18 months when discovered in early December.

Source: Memphis Commercial Appeal.

I posted this also in the appropriate UID thread.

Okay long time no talk...you all are doing a wonderful job! About the FB update ..if someone post a picture and tags you in it, then it will show up as an update on fb. That could be an old picture that someone is just now posting(4 months ago). I have a lot of thoughts on this case. One being what if we are just reading way too much into thus case... what If he really just went for a meeting and things took a really wrong turn. I have a lot of what if's???, but I'm typing on my phone. So I'll have to brainstorm and get my thoughts organized and get on my computer to type the rest of this later........ eta sorry about all the typing errors my phone auto corrects to the wrong word sometimes

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, safe and prosperous 2011! May there be some answers as to Steven's fate in the new year!

Okay long time no talk...you all are doing a wonderful job! About the FB update ..if someone post a picture and tags you in it, then it will show up as an update on fb. That could be an old picture that someone is just now posting(4 months ago).

It's not a new photo; here's what it says by it:

Guster in Dallas. 3 day road trip from Salt Lake.
Add a caption
Guster in Dallas. 3 day road trip from Salt Lake...
In this photo: Matt Houston, Mindy Steele, Brandon Watts, Adam from Guster, Steve Koecher, Candice Hoffman
Added December 3, 2007

But NOW, it doesn't have the "updated" tag :(

I'll remain confused. It suits me well.

Which also supports a theory that he walked up EL and turned the corner and walked further. Leaving from there, you'd automatically drive down Laurel Heights back out onto the main road -- invisible to the security cameras.

If he's in a vehicle captured on video, the information's not available.
Wish it was. We don't know which other vehicles came and went out of the neighborhood.

We tend to focus on only on EL and the white SUV.

I walked it a few weeks ago. Those streets are narrow and much shorter than they look on the maps/satellite. The houses are jammed in together, almost touching. I was amazed by how small it all was, and how it took only a couple minutes to get up to the top of EL -- walking at a small dog's pace, rather than what we see on the video.

The VM calls that afternoon and morning, could have been someone else *totally*, waiting for a message.

If we look at this as a crime scenario, Steven could have lost control of his movements some time after noon on Dec 13th -- at the time he was driven out of SCA.

It's also possible that he drove out of SCA, in another vehicle.

More and more, I'm convinced that unless he's a suicide (meaning he' somewhere in the Vegas area) ... he won't be found in Vegas.

If he walked far enough that the residents/visitors go out the other way to leave normally, then I would deduct he had been there before or someone told him to park there.

Which would mean:

A. He never needed gas or food when he was in the area previously (doubtful)

B. The someone that gave him instructions told him to park there. So would he go to the home of someone that told him to park so far away? Again, doubtful...that would be a dead give away that something sinister was up.

C. He had plans to leave and start a new life. Again, doubtful. Why answer the phone when GW called and/or the men from the ward? AND tell them where
he was. I think he told the men from his ward because he figured GW would be telling them whatever he was doing anyway...which would essentially make GWs description of the conversation false. And given the weather and having a car full of them...wouldn't you take a coat? Cash checks and leave with some cash, and leave the cars keys with the car.

D. He decided 12 was the time he wanted to ditch his life, end it, etc. Again, doubtful. 12 that day doesn't appear to hold any significance. AND, if he wasn't going to an "appointment", why worry about being so prompt. Referring to B...it seems like an actual appt is the only viable option. AND since there are no records of anything "nefarious" going on...it would seem someone he talked to regularly, and maybe even that morning, was the link to the appointment.

GW opened a medical supplies distribution "franchise" of sorts in St. George...why not offer SK a job? GW didn't tell the Elders that SK wouldn't be at the meeting, but they realized he wouldn't...why didn't GW tell them he had talked to SK? The last conversation SK had with GW was when they were within miles of each other BUT had no idea. Do you really think that SK tells GW that he was also in Vegas and they don't have any conversation about it...even though phone records show they speak regulary? If GW was one the road when he said, in the location he said, he could have made the meeting before church...why ask SK to go? Why did GW stay in Vegas Saturday night if he was on his way back so early Sunday? He wouldn't have been out drinking if he was living up to the expectations of his calling. GW posted dismal status updates more than once on Facebook after SK went missing. GW told GSmith during the search that someone Told him they were 100 percent sure they had seen SK when GSmith inquired of GW of his thoughts about SK. AND since GW posted that conversation...he has basically not posted anything further on here. GSmith posted while still in the field...did something else take place or did he learn something else that has kept him quiet?

Ok I can't go back up to read my comments from my iPad (wish WS was more iPad friendly) I think I just put all my questions, deductions out there. My husband and I walked EL during our trip to see Garth Brooks. I'm kinda mad about that...bc now every time I hear a GB song...I think of SK. But it did renew my desire for closure to SK's life story. I worried about admitting that I stalked the neighborhood, but I hope it demonstrates my level of commitment.:innocent: Next I want to walk the neighborhood where SK helped the girls, my husband is convinced there's something there that would help me get my focus off GW. He's on team GW...I'm not. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3