NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look at the pics of the rental car parked in the cul de sac. Initially, I thought it was strange because if you are parking in a cul de sac wouldn't you do a complete circle and point the car out the other way just for convenience.
But, then I remembered that the cul de sac is techinically not a dead end. It has that gate that might be need to be opened. In addition, a driveway entrance is part of the cul de sac as well.
In conclusion, I agree with whoever else said that his park job on Dec. 13 looks to be what you would expect given the conditions.

"Red Balloon: 12/11 Maverik Country Store $13.10/bank post/purchase likely 12/09-10/receipt verified"

You're saying you have "receipt verified" information on the three purchases?

One purchase: bank card was used and it posted a day or two after the transaction was actually run. Vendor was Maverik.

What I am saying is that at the end of the video on Cam 7, at time code 12:00:56, Steven is passing the end of the wall. He is not way down there in front of the casita and is nowhere near the driveway. So, if the dark blob is actually a car in the Cam 7 video. . .the dark blob that has the white space in the middle of it which could be a person. . .the dark blob that is there from beginning of the Cam 7 video. . .and if we desire the red car in the Bing Map to represent that dark blob, then the red car on the Bing Map needs to be moved. And it needs to be moved much closer to the wall. It needs to be moved approximately 30 ft back toward Savannah Springs. As it sits now, the red car is WAY too far down the street if we desire it to represent the dark blob in Cam 7.

I'm sorry, I still don't get it.

This is what I understand you to be saying:

He is seen passing by the end of the wall, in the direct video capture.

Then, 12-14 seconds later in the window reflection, he's still in the same place (walking by the end of the wall).

Am I understanding you correctly?

In my own opinion, if we're going to move that red car (which capoly reminded us of), it should be moved further north, not back south.

But that's what makes this case interesting: our own interpretations."

One purchase: bank card was used and it posted a day or two after the transaction was actually run. Vendor was Maverik.

I know; I was just hoping that capoly had the actual receipt data.

It makes a difference, for a side issue: There's an alternate route that would have saved Steven a LOT of time and mileage, via state/federal highways -- and we talked about it. If he took the shorter route, and had a bit of cash on him, he wouldn't have had to buy gas with a credit card until he was on his way back to SLC via I-80.

But we never had had the receipt data that would tell us, definitively, how he drove to Ruby Valley. That particular route might tell us he had something else to do on that trip.

We know (based on the Springville receipt) how he returned.

I hadn't seen those FB pictures before. Pictures 65, 68 (in the red cap), 70 and 71 really give a better idea of Steve's overall size than I had before. He's also in 73 and is that him in 82 and 85 in the shirt with the stripe across the chest? If so, he looks a lot huskier than I had imagined from the other pictures. Also a good picture of GW in 102.
http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=28433752446&view=all

Yup.

And to some of us, Steven looks much much huskier in the recent pictures, than the "walking figure" in the video.

Delurking for a moment.

I don't see any car in the video for camera 7 and to me it seems that he keeps walking onward as the video ends. Also to me it seems that he almost turns onto Evening Lights at around the 11:53 mark, even though I know it is a fish eye camera it just seems off.

What peeked my interest is the white car that leaves before you see Steven's car drive by, however you don't see that car coming back as if it turned around to leave the neighborhood. What happened to that car? Where did it go? It is probably nothing but I don't think I have seen that car discussed.

E* Going back to lurk mode*E

Yup.

And to some of us, Steven looks much much huskier in the recent pictures, than the "walking figure" in the video.

I can't get much of a feel for the size of the "walking figure" in the video, mostly due to the angle, but I think the walking figure does have a distinctive kind of walk and I would go with relatives who would recognize it. Steven is broad-shouldered and I don't see that in the "walking figure," but again, I think the angle would hide that.

Understood laytonian. Steven did an insane amount of driving within a very short period of time. To Me. I dont have any idea if this was a normal set of weeks for him...I dont know if he routinely put 1200 miles on his car in a relatively short span of time. And what he was doing that he traveled with pillows and blankets in his car unless he expected to be sleeping in it or was prepared for that eventuality.

I mean, no one seems to have come forward and said oh yeah, Steven was a traveling shoe salesman on the side...you know? He went back and forth, hither and yon during that week and there is nothing on the timeline that indicates he stopped to visit folks other than the parents in Ruby Valley. Which doesnt mean he didnt, just that no one is talking about it so it either is irrelevant or terribly relevant.

I think the guy in the video is Steven because I think that Steven has a particular posture...a certain set to his head. The guy in the video lines up with that. JMO. I am not an expert in anything that would be relevant to this-not in cameras, not in Steven, not a photographer or artist. It is reasonable that it is Steven to me.

With my limited abilities, I can see in the reflection that Steven appears to pause...I cannot see any particular object although I can see lights and darks of course..my brain reads them as garbage can/cans.

If it is a vehicle and there is someone standing outside of the vehicle, well then something is missing in the information we have. Because clearly there was someone who saw Steven when he started strolling down Evening Lights at that time of the day.

Now if we can see the reflection, it is certain that law enforcement saw it as well as possibly Mr. Security. So I wonder if the video was enhanced what it might reveal? And I am willing to bet Det McKay has done that. And perhaps the family's PI might want to do the same if they have not done so already.

Delurking for a moment.

I don't see any car in the video for camera 7 and to me it seems that he keeps walking onward as the video ends. Also to me it seems that he almost turns onto Evening Lights at around the 11:53 mark, even though I know it is a fish eye camera it just seems off.

What peeked my interest is the white car that leaves before you see Steven's car drive by, however you don't see that car coming back as if it turned around to leave the neighborhood. What happened to that car? Where did it go? It is probably nothing but I don't think I have seen that car discussed.

E* Going back to lurk mode*E

That "other" white car, is Steven's car in a static shot. It's the best close-up, and was used to help the family ID it as Steven's.

If it is a vehicle and there is someone standing outside of the vehicle, well then something is missing in the information we have. Because clearly there was someone who saw Steven when he started strolling down Evening Lights at that time of the day.

Now if we can see the reflection, it is certain that law enforcement saw it as well as possibly Mr. Security. So I wonder if the video was enhanced what it might reveal? And I am willing to bet Det McKay has done that. And perhaps the family's PI might want to do the same if they have not done so already.

"something is missing in the information we have" <---Understatement of the Year, 2010 (early award) ;)

In looking for something else, I just found KLAS-TV's upload of the CAM7 video.
It's much clearer than the one I have linked to on the timeline -- unfortunately, it doesn't include the window reflection.

I tried to paste the URL in here, but it keeps showing the video itself...and I know that's a no-no. But it's easily found on YouTube.

That "other" white car, is Steven's car in a static shot. It's the best close-up, and was used to help the family ID it as Steven's.

Thanks, it just seemed weird to me as it looks like the car just drives off and then you see Steven's car drive by, and then the Realtor's SUV. However if it was some other car then I couldn't see how it would not be discussed already.

Enchanting_eyes.

What I am saying is that at the end of the video on Cam 7, at time code 12:00:56, Steven is passing the end of the wall. He is not way down there in front of the casita and is nowhere near the driveway. So, if the dark blob is actually a car in the Cam 7 video. . .the dark blob that has the white space in the middle of it which could be a person. . .the dark blob that is there from beginning of the Cam 7 video. . .and if we desire the red car in the Bing Map to represent that dark blob, then the red car on the Bing Map needs to be moved. And it needs to be moved much closer to the wall. It needs to be moved approximately 30 ft back toward Savannah Springs. As it sits now, the red car is WAY too far down the street if we desire it to represent the dark blob in Cam 7.

This is where I think the reflection in the video ends....
mapb.jpg

Screen shots of Steven walking and the spot
that some think is a car.
Steven Walking.jpg

Car.jpg

In the first picture does it looks like he crossed the road to the
other side?

Screen shots of Steven walking and the spot
that some think is a car.
View attachment 7292

View attachment 7293

In the first picture does it looks like he crossed the road to the
other side?

Yes. He's already done it.

In the first video, we see him walking east and kinda jaywalking his way across Evening Lights, where he (evidently) ends up on the east side of that street, where there's a sidewalk. In the second video (your screenshots), he's already on that side of the street.

Thanks for those screen shots. You're a genius.

If you click on this link and view the video full screen
then left click on it you can click zoom in and see it better.
Make sure the video is playing when you click zoom
and make sure your pointer is pointed at the part you want
to zoom in to!
http://www.youtube.com/v/yOZmHOhGJQc

OK. I lied. I said I wouldn't look at the video any more, but I did. lol

I pulled everything into Photoshop to do some measurements. Here's what I see (cause I've changed my mind).

It took Steven 10 seconds to walk from the bush by the camera house to the point across the street where the manhole cover is. That's also where the jutted part of the wall is. When it switches to the reflection, the first 2 dark objects are probably bushes along the wall. It takes him 12 seconds to walk from the jut in the wall to disappear of the shot in the reflection. That would put him at the end of the wall.

I still don't see a car there. Maybe the dark area right before he disappears is the shutters on the casita. It's right around that spot, give or take a second. Whatever it is, the sidewalk is in front of it, and Steven walks by it.

And now I'm done looking at the video. I don't believe a car was waiting there, so I don't believe the video explains where he went.

I don't believe a car was waiting there, so I don't believe the video explains where he went.

I don't think it is a car either. A car would have blocked the view of the sidewalk which is still visible despite the dark area.

I have not read the whole thread but has anyone else considered Steven may have gone missing voluntarily? This is a good example (at link). We would still think he was missing if he hadn't tried to get a passport. He was a co-worker of mine at Walmart where he was a dept. mgr. His car was found at the bus station with some important items still in it. His bank accounts were never accessed and he never picked up his last paycheck or the bonus pay we all were looking so forward to. We all thought the worst had happened to him.

http://parkersburgsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/514001.html?nav=5061

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member