NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at KC's car pics again - I realize I actually parked right where Steven's car was found today. I was thinking it was found right in front of 2647 Savannah Springs, not across the cul-de-sac. So, this would put the mailbox in front of the car and the fire hydrant is to the left of 2647 if you're facing the house. Still the pics I took from where I parked down Savannah Springs and showing where Evening Lights is would show exactly the route "Steven" took down the street.

I wish I had enough guts to take a pic of the house with all the cameras, but I was too chicken! My son said he saw the cameras, but I would have liked to see how many views they have that are visible to anyone who looks for that kind of thing.

I have watched the video, over and over now. Something is creating that kind of shadow. It appears to move a tad to me but that could be the camera moving. But it also seems that he doesn't slow down his walk at all.
I just saw the GW pic, I understand what NotNosey is saying and I have the same wonders.

BBM

There is a post somewhere on thread #2 that lists the receipts.....the map is speculative....which is why I wrote "not sure......if useful". Should have been a couple speculative maps re various locations/adjusted times but looks like it didn't save properly.

It might be of interest to anyone that may want to visualize the areas of Steven's travel over the days prior to his going missing. Maps are not an uncommon exchange on WS.......was surprised to see there were so few on Steven's threads.

Thanks for the map capoly. We had one early on I believe from lost at sea, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Looking at your map - at where Steven travelled in the days before he went missing - really makes me feel more than ever that trip is somehow tied to his disappearance. I believe something in those travels is what led him to Sun City Anthem.

If he was driving around just thinking about his future and planning his next move, why go that far north - toward the inclement weather he had moved away from? There are plenty of lovely possible drives right around St. George and south where you wouldn't have to worry about snow or icy roads. He wasn't visiting his family. Looking for work? Where?

:banghead::banghead::banghead: I just don't know how a dang Taco Time receipt is going to tell us what the heck he was doing!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be persistent, but why was everyone going "hmmm" over GW's pic a few pages back?

I'd be happy to share my opinion privately as I was one of people who commented. But I'm new to this and I don't want to anger anyone by speculating about the intentions of someone who is potentially an innocent bystander. And I'd hate to endure the wrath of someone like Appalled.

Maybe I'll just say this - I'd like to see more people looking for Steven, just as I'd like to see more (of the same) people looking for Susan.

I'd be happy to share my opinion privately as I was one of people who commented. But I'm new to this and I don't want to anger anyone by speculating about the intentions of someone who is potentially an innocent bystander. And I'd hate to endure the wrath of someone like Appalled.

Maybe I'll just say this - I'd like to see more people looking for Steven, just as I'd like to see more (of the same) people looking for Susan.

Thanks ss, I know what you mean - I've been following the Susan Powell case as well. With friends like that, who needs..... you know. *sigh*

I just looked at the GW picture of him standing in front of a house holding Steven's missing poster. I too am wondering why everyone is going 'hmmm'. Is it because he looks mean? Unconcerned? Is it the expression on his face?

I just looked at the GW picture of him standing in front of a house holding Steven's missing poster. I too am wondering why everyone is going 'hmmm'. Is it because he looks mean? Unconcerned? Is it the expression on his face?

I can only answer for my own 'hmmm' and I did not think so many people would ask about all the 'hmmms'.

Let me put it this way. GW, like Steven, is an unmarried LDS guy in St. George, who, like Steven, HAPPENED to be in Vegas on the same morning on Dec 13 that Steven disappeared. GW, NEVER asked Steven what he was doing in Vegas and to my knowledge GW has never offered an explanation as to why he (GW) was there.

No suggestion from me that GW had anything to do with Steven's disappearance. Just a new twist on the old cliche, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Thanks for the map capoly. We had one early on I believe from lost at sea, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Looking at your map - at where Steven travelled in the days before he went missing - really makes me feel more than ever that trip is somehow tied to his disappearance. I believe something in those travels is what led him to Sun City Anthem.

If he was driving around just thinking about his future and planning his next move, why go that far north - toward the inclement weather he had moved away from? There are plenty of lovely possible drives right around St. George and south where you wouldn't have to worry about snow or icy roads. He wasn't visiting his family. Looking for work? Where?

:banghead::banghead::banghead: I just don't know how a dang Taco Time receipt is going to tell us what the heck he was doing!!!!!!!!!
[BBM]

Re :banghead:......TT receipt has done a fine job by placing Steven at that location re date/time....lol

As to BBM part of your post.....agree that the northern trip is somehow tied to his disappearance. imo When taken in conjunction the long ride out to AMN's parents farm is more puzzling then (what appears to be) the miles of driving about the SLC area. Driving for hours on end is something I have done many a time over my life to think out a problem/clear my mind.....have even slept nights in my car with the comfort of pillows. But Steven's amount of mileage/gas stops appears to have an intentional/mixed aspect to it that seems a mite much if driving while suicidal.

If Steven was of questionable character such a desolate location as the N farm might understandably fit into the equation. But there is nothing that indicates he wittingly/willfully would of had a need to dump a body or was involved in any meth/drug operations .....

The receipts don't show WHAT he was doing, but they show where he was.
But the parked car gives us no "what" information, either.
Neither does his presence in Ruby Valley.

So many "makes no sense".

Like Ruby Valley. "Just showing up" and asking if AN is there. He didn't meet her there; she was working in SLC and he living in SLC, too. Why would he return on a weekday, to somewhere he'd been only once, and ask for someone who lived in SLC.....and then drive back through SLC without stopping to see anyone?

Was he just driving around, dreaming?

I contacted some forrmer co-workers and only one responded. They did tell me that Steven sometimes talked of moving back to Brazil BUT they also said he was super-close to his family and they didn't think he'd leave on purpose. They had emailed him sometime in late November, but got no reply.

Thanks ss, I know what you mean - I've been following the Susan Powell case as well. With friends like that, who needs..... you know. *sigh*

Well put. These folks seem to like photo ops, but not so much getting their feet wet. :waitasec:

The receipts don't show WHAT he was doing, but they show where he was.
But the parked car gives us no "what" information, either.
Neither does his presence in Ruby Valley.

So many "makes no sense".

Like Ruby Valley. "Just showing up" and asking if AN is there. He didn't meet her there; she was working in SLC and he living in SLC, too. Why would he return on a weekday, to somewhere he'd been only once, and ask for someone who lived in SLC.....and then drive back through SLC without stopping to see anyone
?

Was he just driving around, dreaming?

I contacted some forrmer co-workers and only one responded. They did tell me that Steven sometimes talked of moving back to Brazil BUT they also said he was super-close to his family and they didn't think he'd leave on purpose. They had emailed him sometime in late November, but got no reply.

ITA. I would like to see what his "activities" were like the week prior to what we have. This might give us an inkling if this type of driving was a habit or otherwise. Think that's possible through Naegle?
Was the only reason Steven saw his boss on the 8th for the pay or what? We have never received an answer on that---that I know of.

I totally didn't mean to negate the importance of all the receipts - which have made it possible to map out his travels - thank goodness! I'm just sayin' there's no smoking gun amongst them. KWIM? But when I look at all those places laid out on the map like that, it seems bizarre to me.

I totally didn't mean to negate the importance of all the receipts - which have made it possible to map out his travels - thank goodness! I'm just sayin' there's no smoking gun amongst them. KWIM? But when I look at all those places laid out on the map like that, it seems bizarre to me.

Yes, it does. And that's assuming that he went up and down I-15 both ways....took I-80 west at SLC, then just before he got to Elko, he decided to zip down into Ruby Valley.

But maybe that's how the group got to the ranch, when they went on the overnight trip, in 2008?

If I were in St George and had access to a map, I'd have taken the shorter and more scenic route...especially if I didn't plan on stopping to see anyone.

Heck. I'm not even sure he planned to stop in Ruby Valley. Why THERE, with people he'd only met once....and not with his family????????

Back from family weekend -- so much going on while I was gone, it took forever to catch up.

I don't think that shadow is a car. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't look large enough and it's on the wrong side of the sidewalk. This does not look like the kind of neighborhood where people leave surplus cars on their lawn. The white thing might be a person, though.

I'm still not sure whether that's Steven. I'm thinking it's somebody who knows those cameras are there and is trying to look like Steven. But on the other hand, leaving it in this neighborhood where it would be found rather quickly and most likely undamaged seems like the kind of thing Steven would do.

As to the poll question: I'm not sure. But my gut is telling me that whatever happened, has to do with the reason why he was doing all that driving.

And why he sat in the car for six minutes, then got out at noon: that's the kind of thing somebody early for an appointment does. Makes me think he was expected somewhere in that subdivision at noon.

Yes, it does. And that's assuming that he went up and down I-15 both ways....took I-80 west at SLC, then just before he got to Elko, he decided to zip down into Ruby Valley.

But maybe that's how the group got to the ranch, when they went on the overnight trip, in 2008?

A possible key may be the location of the Maverik store. Had worked at other maps using other SLC Maveriks but apparently didn't save properly. The store that shows on the map at URL is one based on a purchase made at another store in that area. Would correct/add more but don't want to lose that map.....not sure if it is me or Goggle but one change and the maps go kaput.

Is there no code on the receipt that would allow Maverik to establish which store Steven stopped at? TIA

ITA. I would like to see what his "activities" were like the week prior to what we have. This might give us an inkling if this type of driving was a habit or otherwise. Think that's possible through Naegle?
Was the only reason Steven saw his boss on the 8th for the pay or what? We have never received an answer on that---that I know of.

Sure, I can ask.

Which dates are you thinking of? Monday, Nov 30th through Friday, Dec 4th?

We have him accounted for in *some* way, every day from the 5th through the 13th.

A possible key may be the location of the Maverik store. Had worked at other maps using other SLC Maveriks but apparently didn't save properly. The store that shows on the map at URL is one based on a purchase made at another store in that area. Would correct/add more but don't want to lose that map.....not sure if it is me or Goggle but one change and the maps go kaput.

Is there no code on the receipt that would allow Maverik to establish which store Steven stopped at? TIA

Remember, there's no receipt for that purchase.
All we have is the date it posted to the bank account.

There's hundreds of Maverik stores -- without knowing the exact location and date, we don't know when he was in SLC (or where).
http://www.maverik.com/?page=Locations

If you do not put in intermediate stops, Google Maps recommends this direct route between St George and Ruby Valley.
365 mile route via US-93

If you use only the freeways (I-15 and I-80), which means you go through Salt Lake City, it's 551 miles:
551 mile route via freeways.

Not only is the direct route almost 200 miles shorter, it's quicker. US-93's speed limit is 65mph in most areas.

We can safely assume that Steven returned from Ruby Valley via the I-80/I-15 route (due to the presence of a receipt from a Taco Time, of all things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties