NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay, There's a link--on the link I posted to HPD for an email.

I've emailed HPD and the lead detective each, twice.
They don't respond. Maybe they just think we're a bunch of self-entertaining netkooks?

What I'm trying to do right now, though, isn't to email them. I wanted to post a comment on their video -- because about 500 people have looked at the video, and there's not one comment. I thought maybe if we had our timeline link there, full of lots more information, it might help.
But maybe they don't want our "help".

They don't respond. Maybe they just think we're a bunch of self-entertaining netkooks?

What I'm trying to do right now, though, isn't to email them. I wanted to post a comment on their video -- because about 500 people have looked at the video, and there's not one comment. I thought maybe if we had our timeline link there, full of lots more information, it might help.

I sent a msg via their website-anonymously, but didn't get a confirmation of it...don't know if it went thru. But I told them of the problem with the video link. ??????? Sent timeline.

I sent a msg via their website-anonymously, but didn't get a confirmation of it...don't know if it went thru. But I told them of the problem with the video link. ??????? Sent timeline.

Thanks.
If nothing else, maybe the sheer irritation we cause, will spur *something*.

Thank you. I can't comment on that link, either.

Weirdest thing. Ever. Well...not quite. It's par for the course in this case.

You can't post links in YouTube Comments. Even including symbols like '@' will cause a comment to be rejected. It's a bad interface because it just silently rejects your comment without explanation.

Hi - was just looking at your timeline again. It it so up-to-date and packed with information. Can we try to leave the link when leaving comments
about Steven - like at the end of a news article, for instance. My guess is that many will not allow it, but I wondered if that is acceptable.

You can't post links in YouTube Comments. Even including symbols like '@' will cause a comment to be rejected. It's a bad interface because it just silently rejects your comment without explanation.

Thank you!
Not only a bad interface, but a crafty one.
I can't even get this to pass muster:

snurl dot com slash koecher

It won't even let me post the full sites.google.com URL, and google owns youtube! grrrrr

Hi - was just looking at your timeline again. It it so up-to-date and packed with information. Can we try to leave the link when leaving comments
about Steven - like at the end of a news article, for instance. My guess is that many will not allow it, but I wondered if that is acceptable.

Yes, I think we should. I just finished dropping it on an SLC news site that had complaints about "not enough coverage of the Susan Powell case". ;)

It's not like we're spamming or insulting anyone (although that SP crowd can get kinda worked up!)....but hey. It's only fair that both cases get coverage, and (frankly), is there any surprise to the Powell case? You can cover the earth with Powell flyers, and I guarantee, she's not going to be found walking down a street....with a confused look on her face.

Laytonian I put the link for the timeline in the info section on the video. Can you check it out and see if it works. Thanks

Until now, I had not seen all of the articles Steven had written for the Clipper.

In the list that came up when searching "Steven Koecher", the first articles are about him, and if you scroll down, you will find eight articles written by Steven.

http://www.clippertoday.com/pages/r...t=search_content&string=steven+koecher&open=&

The one's telling. He interviews the in-patient psychiatrist at LDS Hospital in Jan 2007 and it reads "personal" to me, what with his recommendation of a light box....and a specific book. (If the psychiatrist had recommended the book, the journalist should note the recommendation.)

Jan 1, 2007

Sure wish some of his stories for the SL Trib were available. (I've reached out to ex co-workers; no specific replies.)

EDIT: Lato!
Thanks for pointing out something else. I failed to do my 2+2 until now. I'd seen the "eight stories" ... but never compared it to the time he worked for The Clipper. Sep 2005 - Feb 2007. That's 8 stories in approximately 18 months. Certainly, he had other duties there besides "stringer"???

But what? He had his BA in Communications; he should *at least* have been reporting stories.

The one's telling. He interviews the in-patient psychiatrist at LDS Hospital in Jan 2007 and it reads "personal" to me, what with his recommendation of a light box....and a specific book. (If the psychiatrist had recommended the book, the journalist should note the recommendation.)

Jan 1, 2007

Sure wish some of his stories for the SL Trib were available. (I've reached out to ex co-workers; no specific replies.)

EDIT: Lato!
Thanks for pointing out something else. I failed to do my 2+2 until now. I'd seen the "eight stories" ... but never compared it to the time he worked for The Clipper. Sep 2005 - Feb 2007. That's 8 stories in approximately 18 months. Certainly, he had other duties there besides "stringer"???

But what? He had his BA in Communications; he should *at least* have been reporting stories.

bbm

They wouldn't necessarily have his name on them. In fact, quite likely would not.

bbm

They wouldn't necessarily have his name on them. In fact, quite likely would not.

Maybe his work was posting wire stories and updating the SL Trib website, rather than actual reporting?

(The Trib's and Clipper's locally-filed stories always have by-lines unless "staff" is used.)

Maybe his work was posting wire stories and updating the SL Trib website, rather than actual reporting?

(The Trib's and Clipper's locally-filed stories always have by-lines unless "staff" is used.)

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of. Or doing background research for other features, or developing ideas to pass on to the reporters.

The following links talk about work as a stringer. Since none of this is my
background, I find myself learning a lot.

This may give us an idea of what responsibilities Steven had when he worked for the newspaper. It also makes me wonder why he would not have continued with this type job in St. George.

I wonder if he had copies of his articles in that portfolio he was carrying in SCA.

What is a Stringer?
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-stringer.htm

Breaking in Through Stringing
http://www.absolutewrite.com/freelance_writing/stringer.htm

How to Become a Newspaper Stringer
http://www.ehow.com/how_2104215_become-newspaper-stringer.html

The following links talk about work as a stringer. Since none of this is my
background, I find myself learning a lot.

This may give us an idea of what responsibilities Steven had when he worked for the newspaper. It also makes me wonder why he would not have continued with this type job in St. George.

I wonder if he had copies of his articles in that portfolio he was carrying in SCA.

What is a Stringer?
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-stringer.htm

Breaking in Through Stringing
http://www.absolutewrite.com/freelance_writing/stringer.htm

How to Become a Newspaper Stringer
http://www.ehow.com/how_2104215_become-newspaper-stringer.html

Well...we know how he became a stringer -- he was working for his dad ;)

I've been asking the "why didn't he continue with newspaper work" question myself. He had media AND political experience, contacts when he interned for the Governor's press secretary!
Wouldn't that have been a great start?

Then, he graduates from college, works for his dad as a stringer for 18 months, then spends 15-16 months at the Salt Lake Tribune.
Quits "of his own accord".

He goes to work selling newspaper advertising to businesses, that will appear in online newspapers and in websites he sets up for those businesses. He registers the domains using his own credit card (?).

Everywhere we look, there's a hole, a chasm, an elephant in the room ... and apparently, that elephant's so big, we can't see around it. :banghead:

By registering the domain and paying for it himself, he effectively controls it. For example if the client didn't pay his bills he could shut the domain down.

rd

By registering the domain and paying for it himself, he effectively controls it. For example if the client didn't pay his bills he could shut the domain down.

rd

Very true....but when he established those websites/ads, he was in Bountiful, working for matchbin.com.

A body has been found in the mountains, "five minutes off the (paved) road", just south of Provo, Utah in the Springville area.

You know how you get that hinky feeling? I'm feeling strongly that this could be the big break in the Susan Powell case. Not aware of anyone else missing, and it doesn't make sense for Steven's case....but ya never know.

SLC Channel 4 Report

Body found in Hobblecreek Canyon
Last Update: 6:04 pm
Police (ABC 4 News)
SPRINGVILLE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A body has been found in Hobblecreek Canyon Sunday afternoon.
The body is located about five minute hike from the main road in the Right Hand Fork area of the canyon.
Hikers called in the find Sunday afternoon.
Not much is known yet as to how the body got there or even the gender.
Utah County Sheriff has crews on the way to the scene to get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro