NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that is all Steve. His voice and his guitar.

I forgot to mention he had a podcast. He once interviewed me and I have the interview saved. I can cut out my boring rubbish and leave his voice in so you can hear him talking. I'll get it posted later.

Then I join the others and say WOW!

Why was he NOT pursuing that as a career?

I, for one, really thank you. We've learned Steven was smart, talented, had some strange social issues .... and was somehow sent in the wrong direction.

Honest to God, I've paid cover charges to hear much worse music than that, played live.

I forgot to mention he had a podcast. He once interviewed me and I have the interview saved. I can cut out my boring rubbish and leave his voice in so you can hear him talking. I'll get it posted later.

he sounds so sad and conflicted. did he give ANY indication who he had in mind when he composed it?

AHHHH! I'm at work and I can't listen to the song!! Can anyone give us a little synopsis of the lyrics?

What if Steven was good? It seems like a few people have told us he was pretty mediocre. Why would they say that? Poor Steven, he was good at something and no one appreciated his talent.

ETA: Gsmith, you have breathed new life into the WS search for Steven, thank you for joining us here!

AHHHH! I'm at work and I can't listen to the song!! Can anyone give us a little synopsis of the lyrics?

What if Steven was good? It seems like a few people have told us he was pretty mediocre. Why would they say that? Poor Steven, he was good at something and no one appreciated his talent.

ETA: Gsmith, you have breathed new life into the WS search for Steven, thank you for joining us here!

Think of a slow, John Mayer song. It is very beautiful, yet sad at the same time

It's been 10 days
It's never gone away
don't want to hurt you
I just can't see this ending well

Its gone to space
Fell from the highest star
Don't want to hurt you
This is way, way, way, too far?

and I have never felt like this before
and I am still here on the floor
I know you left me wasting away
but I keep hoping for a better day

IT's been 2 years
I'm still laying here
I can't/can tell you
It was the right thing to do

I had to feel right
I had to make a choice
I don't want to hurt you
This is what I had to do

and I never felt like this before
but the weight of the world is on my front door?
I dont know how to act, don't know how to think

I hope you are better...???

Sorry I couldn't get it all- please don't quote all of the words.. I am not a good lyrics listener! :)

Think of a slow, John Mayer song. It is very beautiful, yet sad at the same time

Sorry I couldn't get it all- please don't quote all of the words.. I am not a good lyrics listener! :)

Thank you waitoneminute! He does seem conflicted and full of regret. Gsmith, can you tell us when you recorded this? I don't think Steven ever got over this girl, even though he broke up with her.

Snipped from Renn:

I think I'm stumped now more than ever. I'm starting to lean more towards a random act that lead to his disappearance. I don't think he ended up in Vegas randomly. I think what happened in Vegas was random. I think if we were able to ask Steven why he was in Vegas he would give an explanation that makes as much sense as him driving to RV late at night.

Bingo. There's the key folks. And you didn't need to ask anyone's permission or an insider to get it. I'm sure it's possible with a good knowledge of computer science to find out who has been sending the alleged e-mails. If it was someone from WS a PM could have been sent to that/those person's. (I dont think it was correct for someone to badger GW)

I am totally jaw dropped at Nagel's post. The comment regarding speculation belongs here and not the press was very disturbing.....ANYTIME you put a missing person's story in the media YOU generate speculation and are asking the public to do the same.

I have curtailed my comments on this case because of a lack of facts and misinformation. Wonder why your head's spinning like BS at a rodeo?

Who, what, where, when and how? ---Details Then along with the above you watch who, what, where, when and how-- does and who does not respond (action, non-action, responds, non response) to whatever.
Timing is the big picture.

These threads on Steven and the media reports are both.

Do some sleuthing on your own 'speculations' that you've been asked to do.

Gsmith, coming from someone with a music degree, this is really good--both the performance and the recording! Nice work, both of you. I wouldn't say that Steven was mediocre at all.

I don't know that it gets me any closer to having a firm idea about what happened to him, but it's nice to get to "know" someone you've worried about, thought about, prayed about and hoped to find.

Do you know if he dated anyone from Las Vegas or had met anyone online before? I almost wonder if not being able to find AN at home, he headed to try and make a connection with another former flame.

That recording, AS IS, could have been sold as "church" music to be honest. Janice Kapp Perry probably would have "signed" him in a second. HECK, if I had an LDS music label, I would have. :)

Naegle's had time to go completely through her mailbox. These are very old, so we may have found the answers later:

POLICE
Q: In this article, Rolf says that "the police" called THEM and told them the car had been found.
But it's been previously stated that it was the Anthem HOA who notified them.
A: A parking enforcement officer called about Steven’s abandoned car.

PHONE STUFF
Q: Have Steven's location(s), on the 12th and 13th, been determined (cellphone pings or anything)?
A: Steven’s phone was in Las Vegas on the 14th (voice mail)

Q: Has the specific location of the 14 Dec call from his cellphone to the voicemail, been determined?
A: Steven’s phone was in Las Vegas on the 14th (voice mail)

Q: At least one Websleuths member believes that information is available, that it would have
pinpointed the phone's location within 50 feet and wonders why it hasn't been given to the family.
A: Apparently the police have the info and can’t deciper it or the info is inconclusive.

Q: Are there GPS locations on that cell phone record list?
A: No

Q: Did he have a plug-in phone charger, in his car -- or extra batteries?
A: There was a charger at his apartment, not one in the car. We don’t know if he had more than one.

Q: What make, model of cellphone did he have. What carrier?
A: AT&T

Q: Have you tried to get the cellphone company to help?
A: Yes. They made it possible to listen to steven’s voicemail messages.

Q: Any evidence of him taking out a new credit card? (Bills might just be coming in)
A: They looked at the credit report of his open accounts and recognized all of the accounts.

Q: When was the last time Steven was in Vegas before December? Who was he with? What did he do?
A: Over five years ago he went to Vegas with his immediate family. Any other times are unknown to us.

Sure. He was writing this song and I wanted to record it just for fun. He didn't have words for it so in 10 minutes he wrote the lyrics. It was around the time he broke up with that girl. I love to record music and kind of forced him into it. He always like to jam but he knew he wasn't amazing or anything. In the chorus he really pounded the chords so it was hard to tame the guitar in the recording.

Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/358979774/felt_like_this.mp3

Go to free user and wait a minute to download. It's 6mb.

Thanks for sharing it gsmith-my seven year old thought it was George Harrison or Ringo fwiw.

One question: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME? ;)

You can leave in what you call "boring rubbish" (it gives context) unless you don't want to, for privacy reasons.

I never heard him speak of online dating.

I recorded the song late 2008 or early 2009. I'll have to check the file when I get home.

All this stuff is over a year old so don't read too much into it. That break up did make him sad for months but I think he was more sad of not finding the right girl more than being sad about any particular girl.

One year in st. George with plenty of new friends could have cured the sadness.

gsmith - I always considered the move from SLC to St. George to be high suspicious and it was originally claimed he was seeking better weather. I thought it odd to say the least that he would leave a job in a shaky economy and move to a city where he had no job lined up. My hunch was that he wanted to either get away from family or move closer to someone else (or achieve both at the same time).

Can you shed any light on this?

I think the timeline is correct. He told me he was going down to St. George to work for one of his dad's friends. I remember the pay was very low but he said he needed to do it since he didn't have any other job opportunities. He never seemed like he was trying to get away from family. He seemed close to his family especially his mom. I think he just wanted act his age and be self sufficient.

I think the timeline is correct. He told me he was going down to St. George to work for one of his dad's friends. I remember the pay was very low but he said he needed to do it since he didn't have any other job opportunities. He never seemed like he was trying to get away from family. He seemed close to his family especially his mom. I think he just wanted act his age and be self sufficient.

bolded by me

I am not following this. I believe you and trust me, I am grateful that at least one person from Steven's past has come on board here to talk about him in a personal way.

How is moving to another city for a lower paying job acting his age and being self-sufficient? If he wanted to move out of his parent's home he could have rented a room near SLC and kept his better paying job. Purposely moving down the socioeconomic ladder is no way to better one's station in life.

Ok I finally listened to the song. I don't think Steven's voice is exceptional but I think with a few voice lessons he could have been great. I do think he was very talented on the guitar. I think we need to get to the bottom of the "guitar will ruin my life" comment. I don't think Steven believed that, so who did? And who told him so?

Again, the guitar was beautiful; he easily could have made a career out of accompanying (sp?) other singers if he didn't want to sing himself.

O/T: He beats the hell out of Steve Chantry!

I haven't inconvenienced GW by sending an e-mail on his missing friend, Steven.

I never heard him speak of online dating.

I recorded the song late 2008 or early 2009. I'll have to check the file when I get home.

All this stuff is over a year old so don't read too much into it. That break up did make him sad for months but I think he was more sad of not finding the right girl more than being sad about any particular girl.

One year in st. George with plenty of new friends could have cured the sadness.

BBM. Gsmith, you got the sense that he had a lot of friends in St. George? When was the last time you talked to Steven? Did he sound happy? Also, how did he explain being an hour late to your wedding? Sorry to bombard you with questions, answer what you will when you can. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6