GUILTY NV - Suellen, 31, & Lexis Roberts, 12, Las Vegas, 4 Sept 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Las Vegas didn't even have them listed as missing since AZ said they were spotted. Someone is not doing there job and a 12 yr old girl had to pay for it. What can I do to get some justice for her. From loving step-grandmother

Respectfully snipped by me for space: Welcome to WS debzeg - wish it were under better circumstances.

Lexis needs justice and this Sanders character is flying under the radar as I cannot find him listed anywhere yet for past offenses against minors (that is apparently what his record is).

We shall keep on looking and I am sure LE is now on top of this albeit very late.

Hugs to you SGM.

Just heard that Nancy Grace investigates this tonight. She will be able to get the word and pics out!

Presser tomorrow:

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13441178

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) – The Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Office, FBI, and United States Attorney's Office will hold a press conference Thursday to discuss developments in the death investigation of Lexis Kaye Roberts.

The 12-year-old girl was found dead in a wooded area north of Harrisonburg, Louisiana, on October 8.

*sigh* I was hoping this wasn't going to be the outcome.

Sorry wrong info I got--Nancy Grace should have something on this case NOV 3 at 7pm Central time. I haven't heard the press conference. Will have to see if I can find it.

Man sought in kidnapping of Las Vegas girl, 12, found dead in Louisiana

By Jackie Valley
Thu, Nov 4, 2010 (10:29 a.m.)

The FBI is charging a man who was believed to be with 12-year-old Lexis Roberts and her mother on a trip to Arizona with kidnapping the young girl, whose remains were found last month in Louisiana.

The FBI issued a federal kidnapping warrant for Thomas Steven Sanders, 53, who remains at large, officials in Louisiana announced today.

FBI officials in Louisiana said video footage from Sept. 3 at a Walmart in Las Vegas captured Sanders buying ammunition consistent with the caliber of weapon used in the homicide. A forensic anthropologist in Louisiana determined that Roberts died from multiple gunshot wounds.

Roberts was reported missing in early September by family members who said she was on a trip to Flagstaff, Ariz., with her mother, Suellen, 31, and Sanders. The trio never returned Sept. 6 as planned.

Hunters in a wooded area north of Harrisonburg, La., found the remains of Lexis Roberts on Oct. 8. Authorities confirmed her identity through dental records, officials from the sheriff's office said.

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/04/man-sought-kidnapping-las-vegas-girl-12-found-dead/

Officials also report that, in 1994, Thomas Steven Sanders was legally declared dead in the state of Mississippi by family members.

The FBI has obtained photographs of Sanders that illustrate how his appearance has varied over the last several years and known associates have provided information that Sanders is missing his upper teeth and has only two lower teeth.

He also is reported to have a tattoo on his chest of an unknown design and a scar on his abdomen. The most reliable recent physical description for Sanders is as follows: white male, age 53, 5'8", 200 or more pounds with brown eyes. Sanders has worked as a welder, a scrap metal collector, a night watchman, a pallet fabricator and a handyman.

Sanders was last seen driving a silver 2001 Kia Spectra with notable damage on the passenger side doors. It is likely that the Nevada license plate may have been replaced, possibly with stolen plates, to avoid detection. Sanders also has a history of exchanging vehicles through auto salvage yards.

Anyone with information on Thomas Steven Sanders or may have seen any one of these individuals since Sept. 3, 2010, are being urged to call their tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324)

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13445834

Officials also report that, in 1994, Thomas Steven Sanders was legally declared dead in the state of Mississippi by family members.

WTF??? legally declared DEAD? Well at least he's FINALLY a suspect!

Just writing that same comment CK ... What is THAT about?

So, this man has multiple arrest records, reported previously, but no one could find a trace of him in the system and now .. somehow , for some reason... his family had him declared legally dead. I wonder what year that was.

I am thinking that mom is no longer with us either... as many other posters have said.

Hope this man is found soon!

He purchased the ammo on Sept. 3... Was that before or after they went missing?

HARRISONBURG, LA (KSLA) –A Nationwide manhunt now underway for a man suspected of kidnapping and murdering a 12-year-old Nevada girl, whose remains have now been positively identified after being found in Louisiana.

Louisiana Federal Investigators working with the Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Department has positively identified human skeletal remains found, but now need the public's help in locating those responsible for her death.

The remains were found, according to officials in a wooded area near Harrisonburg, Louisiana, back on Oct. 8, 2010, by hunters.

Upon thoroughly investigating, officials with the Federal Bureau of Investigation have identified the remains as those of 12-year-old Lexis Kaye Roberts of Las Vegas, Nevada.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=13446931

Lexis' tread here at WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114409&page=6&highlight=Lexis+Roberts

HARRISONBURG, LA (KSLA) –A Nationwide manhunt now underway for a man suspected of kidnapping and murdering a 12-year-old Nevada girl, whose remains have now been positively identified after being found in Louisiana.

Louisiana Federal Investigators working with the Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Department has positively identified human skeletal remains found, but now need the public's help in locating those responsible for her death.

The remains were found, according to officials in a wooded area near Harrisonburg, Louisiana, back on Oct. 8, 2010, by hunters.

Upon thoroughly investigating, officials with the Federal Bureau of Investigation have identified the remains as those of 12-year-old Lexis Kaye Roberts of Las Vegas, Nevada.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=13446931

The most recent articles linked don't say anything about looking for Suellen - just the perp...maybe it's just because the point is that there's a warrant out for him, but Suellen's not found yet....not sounding good. :(

Gee, I understand why we declare people dead without proof, but maybe it wasn't such a good idea in this case, now was it?

It's going to make him doubly hard to find, since he is already seen as nonexistent on every public record...

That said, I wonder if the mother is still alive or if she was killed as well. And I use the term mother lightly, considering what she exposed her child to.

So, this man has multiple arrest records, reported previously, but no one could find a trace of him in the system and now .. somehow , for some reason... his family had him declared legally dead. I wonder what year that was.

I am thinking that mom is no longer with us either... as many other posters have said.

Hope this man is found soon!

According to the FBI, Sanders was declared dead in the state of Mississippi by family members in 1994. Investigators said they now know he is still alive and has ties to several states across the country.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13445744

Using his DOB I'm finding

Sanders, Thomas S
Age 53
Amite, LA
Clarksville, TN

That's all been posted a few pages back Momtective.

So we know Sanders bought the ammo on Friday, September 3 in Vegas.
Suellen and Lexi signed the hotel guestbook in Flagstaff and were seen on video at the Bearizona Wildlife Park in Williams on Sunday, September 4th.

According to records, Sanders and Roberts made cell phone calls on Sept. 5, placing them 18 miles north of Williams. All phone activity has stopped since then.

Appears that Sanders had a plan in mind before they even left Vegas.

Wow, this case really bothers me. Poor little girl and her mom!

What really gets me is that the FBI said he was declared dead in 1994?? Just Wow! So the guy is a psyco and he's been out there away from the radar since 1994 and the police are saying he has priors which we have no clue about. This concerns me WHY he was declared dead and WHAT he has been doing since 1994. Who is this guy really???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland
Back