GUILTY NV - Suellen, 31, & Lexis Roberts, 12, Las Vegas, 4 Sept 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, this case really bothers me. Poor little girl and her mom!

What really gets me is that the FBI said he was declared dead in 1994?? Just Wow! So the guy is a psyco and he's been out there away from the radar since 1994 and the police are saying he has priors which we have no clue about. This concerns me WHY he was declared dead and WHAT he has been doing since 1994. Who is this guy really???

...and who else has he murdered?????:waitasec:

That's all been posted a few pages back Momtective.

So we know Sanders bought the ammo on Friday, September 3 in Vegas.
Suellen and Lexi signed the hotel guestbook in Flagstaff and were seen on video at the Bearizona Wildlife Park in Williams on Sunday, September 4th.

According to records, Sanders and Roberts made cell phone calls on Sept. 5, placing them 18 miles north of Williams. All phone activity has stopped since then.

Appears that Sanders had a plan in mind before they even left Vegas.

Thanks Knox :innocent: Hadn't really followed this case very closely until Lexis was found within a few hundred miles of my neck of the woods.

WOW--I just saw the local news! Sanders has family in McComb--left in 1987--no word from him--declared him legally dead--when he was young he spent time in Catahoula Parish--relatives there too-- where Lexi was found. So he was definately familiar with that area! I am with Momtective---just who else has he murdered and what all has he done. If Suellen and Lexi left with him for the Labor Day weekend---Just when did he buy the ammo at a Las Vegas Walmart?--It showed a survelance tape--only said in early Sept. Must have been just before they left. WHY IS IT AFTER THE AWFUL FACTS THAT THIS COMES TO LIGHT! www.knoe.com --may have the news video clip.

Prayers are being lifted up for Lexi and Suellen's family. I cannot imagine the pain they are feeling and the feeling of helplessness. May God wrap His arms around all of you and give you all the strength to get through all the days to come.

Oh man, I got chills when I saw he'd been declared deceased years ago. Lord only knows what else he's done. Totally under the radar. I hope he turns up at a relative's, but it seems unlikely to me.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13445876/breaking-news-suspect-named-in-girls-murder

Posted: Nov 04, 2010 1:30 PM EDT
Updated: Nov 04, 2010 7:09 PM EDT

LAS VEGAS -- A nationwide search is underway for a man suspected of kidnapping and murdering a 12-year-old Las Vegas girl. The girl disappeared from Las Vegas in September. A month later, hunters in Louisiana found her remains.

Ever since that discovery, detectives and the FBI have been piecing together the case, trying to figure out how she was killed and who killed her.

I agree, Fairy1. Suellen could be somewhere in the Bearizona Wildlife area, or anywhere along the I-10. Wish every gas station along that area could have a pic and info about this case printed out for them. The hills around Harrisonburg is a place he is familiar with and he could be hiding out in them. Or even long gone from this area. Takes 7 years to declare someone legally dead--he left Mississippi in 1987--1994 declared dead--I think it is a lot of red tape to do that. Wonder how smart he was--by using -or not-his SS#. Even had that address in Amite, LA. I worked for my company for 17-18 years then they come up with this (W-9??)form for me to sign to say I was a US citizen.

WOW--I just saw the local news! Sanders has family in McComb--left in 1987--no word from him--declared him legally dead--when he was young he spent time in Catahoula Parish--relatives there too-- where Lexi was found. So he was definately familiar with that area! I am with Momtective---just who else has he murdered and what all has he done. If Suellen and Lexi left with him for the Labor Day weekend---Just when did he buy the ammo at a Las Vegas Walmart?--It showed a survelance tape--only said in early Sept. Must have been just before they left. WHY IS IT AFTER THE AWFUL FACTS THAT THIS COMES TO LIGHT! www.knoe.com --may have the news video clip.

At Thursday’s news conference, authorities said Sanders purchased ammunition used in the killing at a Wal-Mart in Las Vegas on Sept. 3, just before the trio left town for the Grand Canyon.
http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25634664/detail.html

Press Release
For Immediate Release
November 4, 2010

FBI New Orleans
(504) 816-3315

Suspect Named, Kidnapping Charges Filed

Catahoula Parish Sheriff James Kelly, United States Attorney Stephanie A. Finley, Western District of Louisiana, and David W. Welker, Special Agent in Charge of the New Orleans Division of the FBI, announce the following:

On the evening of Oct. 8, 2010, human skeletal remains were found in a wooded area north of Harrisonburg, La. The remains were found by hunters who reported it to the Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Office. Since then, numerous investigative agencies, including the Louisiana State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Marshals Service, the U.S. Postal Service, the Office of Louisiana Attorney General, the LSU Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services (FACES) and law enforcement throughout the country have been involved in the case.
On Oct. 26, 2010, the remains were positively identified, based primarily on dental records, as being Lexis Kaye Roberts, age 12, of Las Vegas, Nev. Lexis was last seen with her mother, Suellen Roberts, and Thomas Sanders, traveling in a silver 2001 Kia Spectra sedan with Nevada license plate 153UCR.

Today the FBI announces that a federal kidnapping warrant was obtained in the Western District of Louisiana charging Thomas Steven Sanders with the abduction of Lexis Roberts. On Sept. 3, 2010, Sanders was captured on film purchasing ammunition at a local Wal-Mart in Las Vegas. The forensic anthropologist reported that Lexis suffered multiple gunshot wounds. The ammunition Sanders purchased was consistent with the caliber weapon used during the homicide.

In 1994, Thomas Steven Sanders was legally declared dead in the state of Mississippi by family members. However, we now know that he is still alive and has ties to several states across the country. We have been able to obtain photographs of Sanders that illustrate how his appearance has varied over the last several years. Known associates have provided information that Sanders is missing his upper teeth and has only two lower teeth. He also is reported to have a tattoo on his chest of an unknown design and a scar on his abdomen. The most reliable recent physical description for Sanders is as follows: white male, age 53, 5'8", 200 or more pounds with brown eyes. Sanders has worked as a welder, a scrap metal collector, a night watchman, a pallet fabricator and a handyman.

Sanders was last seen driving a silver 2001 Kia Spectra with notable damage on the passenger side doors. It is likely that the Nevada license plate may have been replaced, possibly with stolen plates, to avoid detection. Sanders also has a history of exchanging vehicles through auto salvage yards.

If you have information or have seen any one of these individuals since Sept. 3, 2010, you are urged to call the tipline: 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324).

no110410_01.jpg
no110410_02.jpg
no110410_03.jpg
Press Releases | New Orleans Home

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...staff-missing-Las-Vegas-family-abrk-0910.html
http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...staff-missing-Las-Vegas-family-abrk-0910.html

Vegas woman, daughter missing in Arizona

by Diana Martinez and 12 News - Sept. 10, 2010 11:17 AM The Arizona Republic

Police are searching for a Las Vegas woman and her young daughter, who were last seen in the Flagstaff area on Sept. 4.

Suellen Roberts, 31, and Lexis, 12, were visiting the Bearizona Wildlife Park in Williams, and they may have been accompanied by a man, according to the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

A guest book at the park showed that Roberts made it to the park, officials said.

Roberts' relationship with the man, who has not been identified, is unclear, but they may have worked together prior to the trip, said Lt. Rex Gilliland, a spokesman for Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

All three were seen at a motel in Flagstaff on Sept. 4, authorities said, adding that they plan on reviewing security video from the motel.

Roberts' mother, Mary Woodburn, said she expected her daughter and granddaughter to be back home by Sept. 6.

Woodburn also said she received a call from Roberts over the weekend, saying that they "should be back by Monday," and if they aren't, Woodburn "should have something to worry about," officials said.

Media has said Sanders was Suellen's boyfriend, has that fact been confirmed by the family?

I'm confused by the revelation that he was declared dead back in 1987 (finalized/filed in 1994). So he pops up in Vegas and uses his real name all these years later? That does not make any sense. LE needs to clarify this point.

i'd like to know what happened in 1987 to cause him to "walk away."

Has he been killing people since then?

LE knows he is "resouceful" and able to "live off the land."

They have a lot of information, imo, and it may be that there are missing times within his record. LE has also said he has "crimeS against minorS, as in plural, and in "several states."

So, I suspect he has spent a lot of time in prison in these several States, and it's the time between prison terms that they need to fill in now that they know he kills people.

I hope they do some searching up there where Lexis was found. It could be a dumping ground for other murders, as well as the property he has ties to 18 miles north of Williams where the last cell pings of Suellen were located.

One thing that is interesting about him is that even though it is said that his family hasn't seen him in years, he tends to not be too far away from them. Seriously, they haven't heard from him? or they just aren't saying so.

Did he have a large life insurance policy on him?
They had to file him dead in 87, then wait seven years, then file to legally have him declared dead. Who does that unless there is something to gain from it?
Money, real estate?

Did he have a history of mental illness before 87?

They haven't said who his family is in Miss. and I know we aren't suppose to go there.

Just pondering a bigger picture than a lone stranger who has been flying under the radar for 23 years.
My mind imagines several legally dead names with large insurance policies in several States is all.

Delete this messages if it wandered too far into the no zone.
tia.

jmo and all that......

I am glad that this is front and center on the local Las Vegas news this morning. However, I wish that they had a better picture of Suellen than what I believe is her DMV photo. It just looks too much like a mug shot. I believe that she was a victim of this guy and won't be found alive, but it would be nice to see a real picture of her (especially a picture of her and Lexis together).

Hey guys. This has been one huge story for our little community. I sure hope they find this animal and put him away for good. This is just my suspensions but where he put Lexis body is FAR off the Beaten path. My family has a hunting lease in those hills and have hunted there for over 20 years. I was born and raise in Harrisonburg and have been in the hill many many times. But even now I couldn't find my way in or out. If he hasn't been here in YEARS then he must have had help dumping her body. I promise you don't just drive in and out of this place. Local people have been known to be lost. This man had help! In my heart I believe Mom is dead too but don't think he brought her this far. What mom wouldn't fight that monster. Please keep our law inforcement in your prayers. We have good people here who are working to catch this man and they will with everyones help. Lets get him off the streets and bring him to justice. Talk is that as soon as all this is settled the good people of Catahoula are planning to place a memorial at the spot where little Lexis was found. These hills are breath taking and beautiful but this has put such a cloud on the beauty. RIP Lexis. Catahoula Parish love you.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20101105/NEWS01/11050318

Article: The FBI is seeking Thomas Steven Sanders, who left home in 1987 and was declared dead by his family in 1994.

Wow, I'm sure 100% that Suellen won't be found alive. It's shame that she met him & get romance by not knowing her fate. The killer's family presume that he was dead after missing for long time but still walk around across the states as the drifter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983
Back