GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from video at link:

'plea could be entered today' --- reminder to others ---- first canary gets the deal......MOO

and from the ''little'' we know about the accused perhaps there is yet another version yet untold....

Great point about the canary.
I think there is probably quite a bit to the story that we haven't yet heard. Someone is going to sing. We'll stay tuned. :popcorn:

At some point, they got into an altercation with a driver of another vehicle. Meyers started driving home slowly and was being followed. She allowed the vehicle to pass, but the car slammed its brakes.

"Gentleman got behind her,” Meyers said. “Didn't like how slow she was going. Almost hit her. She pulled over to the right. He took off. She took off. He slows his brakes in front of her."

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...a-cimarron-meyers/-_TjzB0gAkSu53j1OczZSA.cspx

Steiber said the initial road rage incident happened while Tammy Myers drove slowly home from a school parking lot, where she had been teaching her teenage daughter to drive. The girl didn't have a learner's permit.

http://www.capitalbay.com/news/7215...ge-incident-defends-son-chasing-motorist.html

The shooting occurred just after 11:20 p.m. Thursday near Alta Drive and Cimarron Road, according to Metro Lt. Eric Lloyd. Meyers had been giving her teenage daughter a driving lesson in a parking lot at a nearby high school. She took over driving to get back home. "My daughter was sitting in the passenger seat and this, all I got, my wife came out of a parking lot doing the speed limit," Meyers said.

At some point, they got into an altercation with a driver of another vehicle. Meyers started driving home slowly and was being followed. She allowed the vehicle to pass, but the car slammed its brakes.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...a-cimarron-meyers/-_TjzB0gAkSu53j1OczZSA.cspx

bbm

Surely she will not have the nerve to ask for it.

but wasn't it offered as a reward for turning the offender in???

it wasn't a genuine reward?? were there conditions on who could turn him in???

MOO

lack familiarity with the term "obstruction of justice". I know LV is like another world, but I don't think even there you can just lie to and mislead LE during an investigation. I haven't followed this story closely but lying to LE about the suspect in a family member's murder does not seem like normal "victim" behavior. None of the stories so far make any sense. That means I don't believe any of them. The truth usually makes sense. Nothing so far does.

Why try and move the car when the suspect already knows where you live? The house apparently has a garage-put it in there, go in house, lock door, call 911. None of this dropping off daughter, picking up son & gun, driving around, dropping off son, mom stays in car to park it somewhere-why did you get son w/gun if you were going to send him back in the house and stay in car alone with car of gun wielding attackers coming after you? Why did no one ever call police until someone was dead? This whole story is beyond Elmore Leonard...

"So-called road rage" sounds about right. I don't think we are anywhere near the truth. Father tries to make it sound that they didn't reveal suspect's name to keep the integrity of the investigation. But police are very clear the name wasn't revealed to them either. So how does that help the investigation? I don't understand why they presumably didn't tell the police they knew the suspect?

Has anyone located a detailed map with known locations? School, Meyers home, Nowsch home, 1st gunfight location per Matthew Meyers and park where Mrs. Meyers consoled Erich? I've looked and can't find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lack familiarity with the term "obstruction of justice". I know LV is like another world, but I don't think even there you can just lie to and mislead LE during an investigation. I haven't followed this story closely but lying to LE about the suspect in a family member's murder does not seem like normal "victim" behavior. None of the stories so far make any sense. That means I don't believe any of them. The truth usually makes sense. Nothing so far does.

Why try and move the car when the suspect already knows where you live? The house apparently has a garage-put it in there, go in house, lock door, call 911. None of this dropping off daughter, picking up son & gun, driving around, dropping off son, mom stays in car to park it somewhere-why did you get son w/gun if you were going to send him back in the house and stay in car alone with car of gun wielding attackers coming after you? Why did no one ever call police until someone was dead? This whole story is beyond Elmore Leonard...

Excellent points Boytwnmom. I really had not even considered obstruction of justice in this case. Too stunned from the evolving story I guess. moo

Somebody has week-old shrimp stuffed in their curtain poles. That's all I can say about what I'm thinking right now...

Has anyone located a detailed map with known locations? School, Meyers home, Nowsch home, 1st gunfight location per Matthew Meyers and park where Mrs. Meyers consoled Erich? I've looked and can't find one.

I read EN & BM attended Bonanza High School - just wanted to chime in if someone is working on a map.

Las Vegas Incident Area.jpg

I need to update the one I made earlier this week. It has the school, the area where Meyers live and The 'reported' area where the 'car crash' was said to have occurred. The park is on there tho. It's the Ansan Sister City Park where the suspect under arrest allegedly spent time and where he was consoled and fed by Tammy Meyers (per husband Bob).

"Gentleman got behind her,” Meyers said. “Didn't like how slow she was going. Almost hit her. She pulled over to the right. He took off. She took off. He slows his brakes in front of her."

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.

Steiber said the initial road rage incident happened while Tammy Myers drove slowly home from a school parking lot, where she had been teaching her teenage daughter to drive. The girl didn't have a learner's permit.

http://www.capitalbay.com/news/7215...ge-incident-defends-son-chasing-motorist.html

The shooting occurred just after 11:20 p.m. Thursday near Alta Drive and Cimarron Road, according to Metro Lt. Eric Lloyd. Meyers had been giving her teenage daughter a driving lesson in a parking lot at a nearby high school. She took over driving to get back home. "My daughter was sitting in the passenger seat and this, all I got, my wife came out of a parking lot doing the speed limit," Meyers said.

bbm

:waitasec: Now the driving lesson was at a nearby High School? IIRC, it was at a Middle School! I remember a video segment AT the Junior High!!!!

:thud:

This may not help totally, but part way through this tv broadcast tape they show kind of a birds eye view of the area with some of the landmarks noted.
https://vimeo.com/120128349

Well now here's another version (http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/l...-arrested-shooting-initially-called-road-rage) from the dad:

It seems like trouble wouldn't be following you home if you didn't go looking for it in the first place.

The Meyers family need to lawyer-up and stay quiet. They've already provided enough evidence to provide the suspect with a self defense plea.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, I am wondering why no one is advising them to do exactly this. Don't they have extended family or friends to point out to them that every time they open their mouths they are only digging a deeper hole for themselves?

A woman was shot. A young man was arrested in connection with that shooting. That, as far as I am concerned is all we know about this case.

HastingsChi thanks for the link.

bbm I take it that no one in the police department wondered why they had a description including eye & hair color yet they were sketchy on the vehicle description. That info did not raise eyebrows. hmmm idk jmo
That's a phenomenal point; the shooting occurs when it's pitch black outside with the alleged assailant inside an automobile but the Meyers are able to identify his eye and hair color but have issues with the vehicle description.... makes sense... ;-)

Because she knew he could be violent but she may have thought she could talk some sense into him.

Now that there are two scenes where bullet casings were found it shows why they came back and tried to hide their vehicle so he wouldn't see it.

I think he went ballistic with rage.

"Talk some sense into him" -- WITH A GUN?! Absolutely, 100%, no. When someone comes after you with rage, and you escape to the safety of your home, the first thing you do is call 911. You do NOT pursue the road rage aggressor -- especially with a weapon! At that point YOU become the criminal. That's called criminal menacing. People aren't allowed to just chase others around a neighborhood, waving a gun!

Not only that, but the Meyers family has been dishonest with both police and the public over and over again. They are NOT "victims." Victims don't act that way.

I can't wait to hear Erich's side of the story. It's possible that he's no saint and they are both at fault. But my gut tells me that the only criminals here are the Meyers. I'd even go one step further and wager a bet that Erich was having an affair with either the mother or the daughter. There is definitely history there. There was rage on both sides and it isn't related to driving.

I am with you there, As time goes on I am positive more details will emerge in this case. There is no reason to withhold information from Law Enforcement, imo, unless you are hiding something or trying to cover something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23